Did Yea Forums like this...

Did Yea Forums like this? Someone recommended it to me and I had to turn it off because I couldn't stop cringing at how formulaic it was trying to play the whimsical, quirky and dancing shit.

Attached: UA.jpg (1500x2222, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Same, but I stuck around and finished the episode. Wasn't bad, still have to watch ep 2 though

It's good. I hate Ellen page but she's playing a cunt so it's ok

>its too watchable. I need things to be unwatchable so I can explain how great they really are. I have a cleft asshole.

Does it have the sentient monkeys? That's what I used to like of the source material

It’s dog shit. Fucking awful.

everyone is praising it left and right so I wanted Yea Forums's perspective. I can't stand the cloying bubblegum pop feel and some of the "wacky" characters so I'm wondering if that's the appeal to people or does it develop into something more later.

Yes

I liked it

Attached: Hazel and Cha-cha.jpg (3822x1851, 819K)

From what I know of the source material the show is much more grounded, Pogo is the only sentient monkey; the CGI on that one is really good for a Netflix show unfortunately thats probably where most of the budget went which is why they replaced many big action set pieces and replaced them with unnescesarry drama

I read the comic first so i was very critical over the adaptation.

6/10 entertaining at least but they skipped the elements that made the comic really fokin good.

Why tf is luther so underpowered
Ur a fuckin gorilla mate wtf

Tried watching it, too american, dropped.

I’m just watching for robert’s sake
He brings it up substantially
If you’re reading this thread I love you Nathan

i wanted to like it. i even like "le epic quirky xDDD" wes anderson style shit, but it just fell flat here. it just felt like copied homework. klaus was based though

Klaus turned from the worst to the best character

>the only straight white male protag

The cringy dancing was probably the most awkward moment in the series, dunno why they decided to lead with that. It gets a lot less awkward later.

But what it does get is a lot dumber. The plot is stupid enough on its own, and it's made much worse by how characters will frequently behave nothing like human beings (they will just acquiesce absurd plot contrivances for reasons that don't make sense and aren't even necessary), and then the moments when they DO behave like humans they're being emotionally-driven idiots and have exchanges that are so banal you can easily perfectly predict what's going to happen.

The ending is also pretty rage-inducing. I really wanted them to suffer death for their horrifying stupidity and incompetence.

it has some good songs in it

youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg

It fkn slaps

I guess they wanted the Wes Anderson audience. All in all it was pretty good though.

Agreed, Klaus really grew on me.

Well, this is a divisive thread! Personally I liked it, Netflix is almost always pandering SJW trash. This was pretty loose, and although there's a gay relationship and insinuation to an interracial one, for the first time it actually felt natural instead of forced.

Now here's hoping the next show they make is about Nazis as the good guys[/spoilers]

Attached: Butthead.jpg (1066x1066, 90K)

I don't like how they turned on eachother, I wanted them to rebel against the programming and fuck up the time travel people together or teleport away

i think it was around the time klaus hit 5 in the face that i though
>huh, i kind of am in love with this man

>playing a cunt
The way she was treated and she's the cunt?

Attached: 1494701565743.png (515x800, 100K)

Rumor forced her husband to fall in love with her. SJWs should hate that

They just had too much screen time, half of Hazels scenes with the donut lady should have been cut, even though I like the actor

Am I the only one tired of the whole "superhero deconstruction" stick that has been going on for at least 15 years now? Movies and TV series are catching up to it, but the comics industry has been swallowing this shit for years now. Not even talking about marvel and DC, they are fucking parodying themselves, but about stuff like The Boys from Ennis and half of Millar's production.
Most of this shits boils down to make superheroes a bunch of sociopaths and being am excuse for edgy gore.

Fyi I didn't watch this show but this is exactly the vibe it sent me.

I want to fuck young Ellen Page's character

>Fyi I didn't watch this show but this is exactly the vibe it sent me.

Attached: bazooper.jpg (1920x1080, 66K)

Yes user, people watch trailers and depending on those they decide whether to watch shit or not, that's how it works.

You're just a fucking idiot handing out opinions based on "vibes". Either watch the shit or fuck off.

Yea Forums liked it, discussed it at length, and have already moved on.

The only people discussing it now are latecomers who know nothing about the source material and just the faggots who like to bitch and bitch about everything cause they hate their lives.

Vanya is a cunt character so yeah.

the ending was kino. I really don't know what could happen now that they're 13 again.

I enjoyed it, and I don't like capeshit.
Had to skip the dancing parts though, that was just pure cringe fanservice for normies.

He was 100% right about it being another deconstruction show though. The whole plot is "we were real superheroes when we were kids and it totally fucked us up because Professor X was an unbelievable asshole"

Attached: netflix-umbrella-academy-cast-kids-1200x800.jpg (1104x1520, 650K)

Why the fuck should I waste time on watching something that to me looks like shit in the trailer, you worthless cunt-breather?

Well, you're wasting your time here with your non-opinions for one, fuckwad.

Because I assume you're here digging gold as hard as I was digging you mother last night.

Idk, I know it's based on source material and maybe there's a good story there but I can't get past how grating the style and characters are, feels like some artificially contrived twee shit pooped out of an algorithm

>you're wasting your time on a connected computer devices mandarin rollerblading symposium you may as well waste your time watching something you absolutely loathe
>wasting your time here may as well gouge your eyes out

Anyone else get a boner when the handler was peeing in the stall next to Five?

Attached: 1538121899233.png (640x428, 365K)

>I can't get past how grating the style and characters are
this. they should kill all the characters except for klaus and get a new director for season 2.

no? they're "superheroes" again as adults too they just take time to get there, and diego / five never stopped using their powers, and flipping ONE plot point copied from popular predecessors doesn't even come close to making it a "deconstruction"

it's like a 15 yo kid had a bad time in school freshman year and saw the watchmen and tried to his best to make an angsty teenage copy of it

>Klaus has no telekinesis and levitation but can make his spirits corporal instead of just talking to them
>Ben is his constant companion while in the comics he plays not real part
>Luther has no real super strength
wtf
fucking 5head only gets a warning shot and no headshot from Five

I don't watch Cuckflix shows.

watchmen is extremely angsty so I don't know what you mean

if you mean it's not as good as watchmen and has some overlapping elements then yeah obviously, but as other people have noted this is way closer to xmen than watchmen, there were zero of the themes watchmen had present in this

>if you mean it's not as good as watchmen and has some overlapping elements then yeah obviously
that's what i meant. it was like a bad writer trying to copy watchmen. i don't think it's very obvious how bad it is, though, until you watch it.

Yeah it has two of them! You can see one in the poster doing the 'shhhh' gesture.

Either that or when he got choked during the torture scene and his only reaction was an erection.

Attached: 1425515963823.png (343x343, 166K)

five was a fun character
didnt like the gay german and ellen dyke

It was nice, not great. The characters were kind of boring, but grew on you. Ellen was sweet in a sad desperate way.

>show is hot garb
>11/10 husbando
how is this even possible

I really don't see where you're getting that
the aesthetic? that's the only major overlap I see
it doesn't deal with the effect of "superheroes" on society at all, nearly all of the conflicts are personal other than the plot with the commission, and with how that's handled it's practically just a plot device to keep five occupied since his power would solve basically every other problem if he was available, and it does solve most everything when he is finally available

WHEN I WAS

Yeah, that was an impressive piss.

>I really don't see where you're getting that
that's okay. i'm not trying to win anyone over or make other people hate the show or debate. i just think it's shit.

Klaus actor is pretty cute desu, why isn’t he in more things?

Rumour is a walking rapemachine. Unironically, mind control is arguably one of the most - if not THE most evil thing you could do to someone, depending on what values you put most weight on. Probably the only character in the show who was more morally bankrupt was Ellen Page, who was a mass-murderer seemingly from birth. Dunno why they decided to make the montage of her chain-murdering her caretakers a humorous skit instead of a horrifying window into the broken mind of the old guy.

There's so just much fucked up shit going down in this show (like all those ghosts, who are apparently stuck suffering in limbo forever?), I think it gets to be too much and people can't fit it into their usual frame so they end up leaving it alone.

>didnt like the gay german
How the hell can you not like Klaus?

Attached: 1414442324826.jpg (326x326, 31K)

annoying faggot?

You misspelled hug

how can you not like him
>it aint me starts playing

Attached: The-Umbrella-Academy-Episode-6-Image-1[1].png (640x360, 232K)

>mom joke

Attached: sass2.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

I'm not calling it good I'm confused how it reminded you of watchmen at all