He hasn't seen Alita un 4DX

>he hasn't seen Alita un 4DX

embarrassing

Attached: 20190216_123432.jpg (4032x3024, 2.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QltnH6r17IQ
education.lenardaudio.com/en/17_cinema_7.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have a theatre that plays the SAME 4DX COMMERCIAL EVERYTIME I GO and it is just the worst.

How does 4dX work? So it has bass shakers like the dolby cinemas..what about the rest? Scent machines and fans for wind? Rain? It rains on you?

I went to 4DX once to watch Pixels
It's bullshit for 3rd graders

youtube.com/watch?v=QltnH6r17IQ

topkek I didn't even know this was a thing. This looks absolutely awful.

Attached: cara-oo.jpg (3230x4000, 2.09M)

>un
Pierre get off the fucking computer

It's waaay more than just a bass shaker. The seats (seats of 4) move around like an amusement park ride.

Yes to your other questions. There weren't any "scent" scenes in Alita so I didn't experience that. But I experienced rain, water splashes, winds/breezes, air punches for action scenes.

Aquaman in 4dx was one of the greatest cinema experiences of my life.

What do all the fatasses with drinks and nachos do when the seats start moving like an amusement park ride? I'm American and pretty much the only guy in the theater that doesn't eat.

Attached: nyasharisha.jpg (1080x1350, 1.49M)

fuck you anita

the black lady 2 seats over from me had a bunch of food and snacks and her shit was spilling everywhere. pretty based.

did they turn on the fire sprinklers the entire movie?

>But I experienced rain, water splashes, winds/breezes, air punches for action scenes.
So you actually get wet for real or what? If so, how much water do they spray at you?

This seems dumb as fuck.

Probably they just use misters. I doubt they actually soak people.

small rain drops from up top

tiny water splashes from the front. you don't get soaked.

chairs seem to move when nothing is happening

What movies have bubbles?

>What do all the fatasses with drinks and nachos do when the seats start moving like an amusement park ride?
I'm going to bring in extra food just to dump it on the floor for the wagies and if they ask what happened I'll just say I didn't expect the seats to move that much. My popcorn will be all on the seat mechanisms and I'll dump the cheese nachos over that and then pour the coke all over. I might do a pee pee also because I got scared.

Attached: toad-lg.png (2000x2000, 48K)

this shit would give me a panic attack

Based job creator

same. wouldn't go near that.

>one ticket to 4DX costs $29
>a 1 year season pass to six flags with unlimited visits and free parking costs $99
who buys this trash?

Attached: really.jpg (322x504, 35K)

It's called an aquarium

>he falls for jewish tricks

pathetic

>ticklers
uhhh.......

The 4DX screens are tiny too.

Dolby Atmos > Imax

They can't do 4DX in an IMAX theater?

I'm so confused at the difference between IMAX and Dolby Atmos theaters. Isn't Dolby Atmos the sound and IMAX the video?

Post another pic of cara

I only have photos of her making funny faces or laughing. Basically just shitposting reaction image caras.

Attached: cara-craze.png (500x655, 406K)

4DX is a meme lad

How can you watch anything on that when you feel like you might get hailed at any second.

>theaters are this desperate for ticket sales

Very cute. Which is your favorite?
Why cara reaction pics?

Spongebob

>Which is your favorite?
Depends on the moment really. I browse /diy/ and /g/ a lot so something like pic related is good for if I'm afraid I'm going to blow something up or ruin something. Cara laughing with royalty is funny too for picking on someones pleb tastes.

>Why cara reaction pics?
Never really thought about it. She's expressive so there are a lot to choose from for a range of emotions. I don't post reaction images much anymore, but, it's a goto for certain responses.

Attached: kabooom.gif (500x315, 860K)

Sometimes. Also you can't bring shit into the theater with you or else it could get stuck in the ride. So leave everything in the car.

>But I don't have a car

then you're not going to waste $25 on this

I own almost two million in cars and I wouldn't waste 25 dollars on this.

Maybe it only seemed like that because you fucking went to go see pixels

not that user but I went to see The Nutcracker and really liked it.

Attached: thenutcracker.jpg (500x729, 129K)

any my question from the other thread you autist

Laughed way more at that than I should have.

Is it spy, or the chair onne?

Imagine someone spraying you with febreze

It very rare, basically once or twice a year you get a movie with bubbles, i think the last one i had was the nutcracker

t. 4dx cinema projectionist

imagine the smell literally

how was that movie? is it comfy?

Its probably because its to expensive, the largest 4dx in the world i believe is about 150 seats, that's at least what the korean 4dx engener told me

All movies are set to "reference" volume, right? So do they mix kids movies quieter?

harmony korine wants to pump weed smoke into "the beach bum" screenings so at least there's that

The only movie I saw in 4DX was Girls und Panzer and it was fucking fantastic

Didn't menage to watch it, it was only for a short while in my theater.

Yeah we have kids movies quieter, and sometimes musical movies we have louder like Bohemian Rhapsody.

Its okay I just put my iphone up to my nose everytime Alita was on the screen and it worked, I imagine she smells like consumer electronics.

I prefer to let all my senses be unstimulated and dulled.

Interesting. Cara is cute

So reference is 105dB for the mains and 115dB for the LFE? Right? How often do you calibrate for that?

Then if you want to go louder you just dial the knob +3dB or whatever?

My IMAX i think runs a bit above reference and it is a bit too loud for me. I'm not a big enough autist to bring a SPL meter though.

Agreed!

Works the opposite way. If you are constantly stimulated, then your senses dull. So if you are unstimulated, and then all the sudden get stimulant, it will be more dramatic. To me that's the problem with these things, they over do all the effects. but I guess that's what people pay for.

I don't have IMAX, so my reference doesn't work in dB, we have dolby sound processors and our reference point is 6/10, that calibration did the company which installed all the equipment.

imax dome with dome formatted documentaries < imax < dolby atmos < normal ass theater < digital imax (liemax) < whatever gay shit 4DX is

so 4DX is the best?

god damnit i put the arrows the wrong way

Attached: 1547350474417.webm (460x252, 622K)

no

This
I went to watch 4d because my family
But it sucks it just moves your sit around
I just wanna see the movie and judge if its good or bad without moving

Reference level isn't a term used for IMAX, it's used for calibrating any theater. Dolby theaters included. How can you be a projectionist and never have checked the sound level calibration of your theater? I guess it isn't your job, but I'd be pretty curious nevertheless.

Dialog is supposed to be at 85dB and then there is 20dB of headroom for action scenes (so 105dB). With all three front channels at reference playing pink noise they will make 110dB, but that is never done in mixing and is above OHSA legal limits. The LFE channels are calibrated to 115dB max because our ears are less sensitive to bass.

Some theaters run a bit below this, some a bit above. Reference is pretty frickin' loud, so, when you go above generally people start to complain.

education.lenardaudio.com/en/17_cinema_7.html

Yeah never checked the actual dB levels, but I do know that that many people find it a little to loud, and I my colleague tells me we have a lot fried sub amps

>literally being shaken out of their money
Americans are funny.

>110278041
Hmmmm

Attached: 323.jpg (1075x1349, 633K)

>Upgrade to Sneed's feed and seed effects pack for $24.99
>Formerly known as Chucks pack

I don't know, it's juts not the same anymore

how does the fog work? liquid nitrogen?