I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass! The dark fire will not avail you...

>I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass! The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass!

None of that means anything to the audience. This is absolutely garbage writing. Its the equivalent of techno-babble.

Attached: 0051.jpg (901x671, 60K)

>a wizard casting a spell sounds like fantasy techno-babble

I bet you were the top of your class.

>I am a servant of the Secret Fire
He is referring to the Flame Imperishable, the power Eru wields that gave life to the universe. This declares Gandalf as a servant of Eru/God.
>wielder of the Flame of Anor
Again, he is referring to Eru and being in service to him. Possibly he is referring to the Elvish ring of power he wears, Narya.
>The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun
Udun is another name for Utumno or the realm of Morgoth/Melkor. This means the evil of Morgoth, the devil, will not give the balrog an upper hand over Gandalf.
>Go back to the Shadow.
Pretty much telling him to fuck off

The better question should be was Gandalf/Olorin a friend of that particular Balrog back in The Time of the Trees in Valinor?

None of that is from the books. Its all found in shit his son published after Tolkien died.

I thought the balrogs were always bad?

why is gandalf fighting jazz

He was a good friend

t. capeshit

>Go back to the Shadow.
it means "go back to r*ddit" which is what the op should do

it only matters if it meant something to the Balrog, right? it's not like Gandalf is telling US, he's doing what would make sense in the world he lives in.

>he doesn't like unexplained in-universe lore
you have to go back

Nothing was always bad except creatures of the void, like ungoliant.

What did the Balrog do in his free time

Dr. Balrog I'm *screeeeeeechhhhhh*

Attached: 1402828488861.jpg (1600x1120, 1.3M)

duh
Even a brainlet can infer all of that

he still had some crossword puzzle books left fr the Second Age

balrogs were maia of melkor, so they followed him from the beginning, fucking shit up before the two trees.

1/10
you tried

*siiiip*
They don't make them how they used to...

Attached: 1531115866461.png (827x883, 724K)

based

>i am a servant of the federal government
>wielder of this gun
>the league of shadows will not avail you, masked man
>go back to your pit

Attached: f4f312f463086b0194b1.jpg (343x357, 25K)

Christopher didn’t really write anything, just expanded on notes

>gandalf stops, turns to camera
>I AM A WIZARD SENT BY GOD, TO FIGHT THIS DEMON CORRUPTED BY THE DEVIL, I WILL NOW CAST A TREMOR SPELL, KNOCKING THE DEMON INTO THE BIG PIT OF DARKNESS

Attached: 1549178353415.png (497x491, 390K)

#notallbalrogs

>Az skoi gratum bugdizish, doctor Khamûl tul agh gûlizub.

>cameraman turns camera towards himself, gives a thumbs up, and says "based and redpilled"

>None of that means anything to the audience
it doesn't need to, it just shows you there's more behind gandalf than being a hobo wizard.
The delivery is also powerful as fuck

This. It's meant to be cool. It was cool, so it served it's purpose.

we are still talking about it over 15 years since it came out....

Attached: 1548998608272.jpg (1080x1336, 835K)

>balrog falls
>camera pans into balrog's face
>camera freezes
>"yep, this is me, you might be wondering what I'm doing here..."

Taxposting aside, look at magic in Lord of the Rings as kind of like a savings account.
Gandalf doesn't have a lot of spendable cash because most of his money is back in Valinor. That's why when he dies, he's allowed to be brought back. His assets extend beyond what he is currently carrying and are insured by Eru.

Balrogs however have withdrawn their assets in whole. They have a lot of spendable money, but they aren't earning any interest on it so when they fuck up or get audited, they can't come back.

Anyone who's read any of the books knows what he means

Absolutely based

...I, it...I understand it now. Gandalf was federally insured by FICA. Bless you.

why was tolkien such a christcuck?

Literally my favourite scene in the trilogy. The dialog means something to anyone who isn't functionally retarded

Attached: Unironically calling kino techno babble.png (500x522, 167K)

Because he lived in a time where religion was more important for a man and society as a whole and didn’t have retards like you walking around spouting your autistic thoughts whereever you seem fit. You’re literally whats wrong with society today and why degeneracy is so prevalent. You know I would tell you to kys but I know you probably considered it many times before cause of how you absolutely nothing to live for you fucking illiterate piece of living shit.

What's the issue? It's literally one of the best movies of all time.

Why do you give a shit fedora tipping cuck? Do you ask every religious person this question?

I dunno, it confuses me seeing as how much he borrowed from pre-Christian European mythology for his stories.

Jesus Christ my dudes, I was just joking. Christcucks sure are amped up today.

This was back when it was movies by nerds/for nerds, and all the insufferable nerdfats could annoy everyone with thier smugness over knowing the useless minutae of an adaptations plot.

Like this fucking faggot:
Hurt burf no one cares fatty

Ooh i dont think that's very Christian! :)

Attached: serveimage.jpg (226x223, 7K)

Jesus renames Simon to Peter, which translates to ‘rock’ which translates in modern English to ‘retard’. Basically Jesus was a banter master and you do t have to be All nicealnthe time

Based Tolkien fan

Honestly I've never ever had a craving for watching the LOTR films - and we know we've all seen them dozens of times... But now I fucking want to. I don't think I've seen them in a row for about 8 years.