He did nothing wrong

Attached: denzel-washington-flight-ftr.jpg (1240x775, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Airlines_Flight_261
youtube.com/watch?v=_nhxm5QEbYI
youtube.com/watch?v=2iOk2ME1LRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So what you are saying is that you would have no problems taking your family on to an aircraft that you knew he was flying?

Never seen the movie. What did he do?

didn't crash this plane
With all survivors

The plane is crashing, he manages to save it by doing some insane maneuver he only thought of because he was drunk at the time. The movie establishes that literally no one else could have saved that plane, the pilots in the simulations crash and everyone dies 100% of the time

when the NTSB is investigating the crash they find out someone on board was drinking (I don't remember how) and they're prepared to pin the blame on a stewardess. Denzel mans up and takes the blame and goes to prison for it.

crash landed a plane while high on coke

He was an alcoholic and was drunk when he plane encountered a catastrophic mechanical failure similar to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Airlines_Flight_261

He was able to make a forced landing where about half of the passengers lived. The plot focuses on his conflicted desire to tell investigators about his intoxication at the time, and his desire to avoid jail time.

It's an alright film that gives a good look at substance abuse.

Unironically yes. Why wouldn't you?

I would request him over all the other pilots

He did some things.

Attached: 1407538263043.gif (450x188, 1.95M)

> insane maneuver he only thought of because he was drunk at the time
where do you take that from?

>catastrophic mechanical failure
I expected something like the plane losing both of it's wings but no, it was just a nut that got worn down over time because mechaniggers failed to replace it. Scary stuff.

Only 1 or 2 people died in the incident, compared to 100% death for literally any other pilot. However, the ethical problem comes from the possibility that maybe those 1 or 2 people may have lived if he was not drunk (I think it's bullshit that he got arrested though considering he did better than anyone else could).

Wait that's the tom hank movie

I thought it was like half the people died in the accident.

For an actual remarkable accident where people had no right living, read about United Airlines flight 232.

I just looked it up and it was 6 deaths.
>For an actual remarkable accident where people had no right living, read about United Airlines flight 232.
For the inverse of this, where more people should have survived but the Japanese goverment seemingly wanted someone on that aircraft dead, read about Japan Airlines Flight 123.

I'm aware of that incident. Very similar circumstances and the nipps refused to let the US military help and loads of survivors died over night due to exposure.

i heard this was a good movie and that most people thought it was going to be an air action in the sky
also heard there was a nice ass in the beginning
is it worth watching? I'm bordering on alcoholism and need a reference of when is to much

It's ok, the best parts are the crash scene at the start and the hearing at the end. In between there is a lot of hand-wringing over his alcoholism and attempt to get sober

>only thought of because he was drunk at the time
the absolute state of sober posters

No

They don't say if he went to prison

WHAAAAAAAAAAT? The end scene is him being in the prison. Talking to other inmates and then talking to his son who wants to write something about his hero.

The last scene is literally him in prison you retard

This was very loosely based on Alaska airlines flight 261. It had no survivors.

Attached: bane.png (474x720, 296K)

It's worth watching solely for getting to see Catalina from My Name is Earl's tits. It was a real throwback I never knew I'd been waiting for.

Literally me.

It's a great movie but it's definitely more about alcoholism than "airplane action".

It's still great and denzelkino

The actual plane going down scene is top 5 kino scenes for me.
>”See that black box? What’s your son’s name? I want you to tell him you love him then get ready”
>”Mommy loves you Jordan, you’ve been a good boy”
Fuck man I still tear up even remembering it now holy shit what a fucking gutpunch scene

The ending was some real statist psychological shit.

> Yes goy, face punishment willingly!
> Psychology is a real science goy, you need to change!
> Competency and success mean nothing compared to mindlessly following rules goy!

The NTSB is required to investigate every single plane crash even if it’s totally minor. Tom Hanks’s movie is based on a real crash that was certainly unique but ultimately handled well, and over-dramatizes what was in real life a pretty respectful and quick process. The real life captain Sully has said he dislikes the movie because it makes the NTSB out to be these monsters when they were very understanding and realized quickly that Sully had saved the lives of everyone on board.

cringe

I would have a problem with it but not because of this movie, but because he's a NIGGER.

There's nothing like heading to the store, buying a handle, chugging 1/4, picking up a streetwalker, fucking her bareback and then heading to McConalds and getting 10 McChickens. I miss my degenerate days

This movie is beyond fucking stupid.

it's kino just for this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=_nhxm5QEbYI

he wakes up so nonchalantly

Still one of the best gif

I would personally request him, because he can do a near-impossible landing with vodka magic.

>You're cleared to land on any runway."
>Haynes: "Roger. [laughter] You want to be particular and make it a runway, huh?"

legend

>we're gonna roll it

Attached: gr.jpg (231x218, 8K)

I'd buy him a drink

Fuck this movie, goddamn 90 minute PSA for Alcoholics Anonymous.

if it wasn't for him that cuck boy co piolt would have yelled OMG OMG and killed everyone

that's case of most crashes user. planes are just machines with parts that will wear and break if not carefully monitored by a stoned union worker doing the bare minimum checks

The state has no use for heroes.

advertised as an action movie on a plane. fuck trailers.

I teared up watching this scene. So real.

Cause they were fucked and the pilots knew. Denzel kept it cool to the end. Damn. There should be a Oscar for best scene. Cause that was top tier acting and thrill.

I thought it was a tad risque when John Goodman started talking to Denzel about how ' a bananaboat was coming for him'.

that was a prison of the mind

The plane scene is also kino with the Interstellar docking theme over it:

youtube.com/watch?v=2iOk2ME1LRY

based

why bareback?

the people telling me to tell the truth, not seek vengeance, and to take the fall are the same people that lie about fucking everything, are on a revenge kick that has lasted about 80 years, and are all trying to avoid prison time and responsibility for committing literal genocide.

I'm going to fucking kill every single fucking one of them.

I've downed on of those exact bottles while watching shrek 2.

spent the rest of the night on the floor screaming there are aliens in my tummy.

>we are inverted
Literally makes me tense up. Doesn't help i'm scared of heights.

Attached: EAAD41F5-5EE6-4126-9F3D-AC3F541A7B9F.jpg (360x346, 26K)

Why does this kino always infuriate the average Yea Forums alcoholic doomer?