Why is Captain Marvel including Iron Man, Captain America and Thor in the marketing campaign?

Why is Captain Marvel including Iron Man, Captain America and Thor in the marketing campaign?

No other Marvel movie included characters that weren't in the movie in their marketing campaigns

Attached: Captain Marvel.jpg (942x780, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_IfYZZDTays
youtube.com/watch?v=HCjPBpdlccM
youtube.com/watch?v=jM7Eou4bV-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=4y_bw78Q-YU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She will be in the third Avengers trailer the next week too

capeshit is gay you little faggot

Scarlett Johansson was in one of the Ant man and Wasp trailers

All of the avengers were included in posters for the first Antman movie

Oh yeah, but that's because they showed scenes from Civil War where Ant-Man was in.

>lowest Marvel box office since 2011
makes sense

That's because they wanted to have cheeky posters of him being tiny among the other avengers. This Captain Marvel move feels like they're nervous about the box office.

and they were all the avengers including fucking hawkeye
this is just the 3 big ones to make her seem as important as them

Whats the difference between being built and being made?

just stfu incel

Built heros don't get shot in the head

built implies parts
made can be chemicals

Because it did really bad in the test screenings and the connected marketing surveys - so they need the brand recognition of the other heros to pull audiences.
Especially since there is no pull from the comics - those only sell in the lower thousands for several years now.

The big twist is supposed to be that Jude Law is the villain but people already know that shit

but made can also imply parts, like made in the USA advertisments on cars.

and built can be chemicals, like bodybuilding supplement ads that say "built by bodyoctane" and shit like that.

Thor wasn't born a hero, haven't the marketers even watched his first movie?

>ONE LAST COMBAT

>built by yourself
>made by others

I honestly don't get it.

Attached: 1543030517101.jpg (424x408, 21K)

>some are born a hero
stupid privileged white women

This is TFA 2.0.

>established power levels within franchise
>even joke about "strongest avenger"
>finally write a non-shit Avengers flick
>actually interested of where this is going
>DEUS EX MACHINA BITCH
>TAKE THIS YOU NECKBEARD INCELS
>THE FUTURE IS FEMALE
>SHE JUST IS THE STRONGEST OKAY, CONTROL YOUR TOXIC MASCULINITY AND CHECK YOUR MALE PRIVILEGE

Dropped.

Probably can't watch it without having a mental breakdown upon seeing Odin the Allfather's problematic patriarchal righteousness.

youtube.com/watch?v=_IfYZZDTays

But last night I made dinner for myself. I didnt build it it for myself.

When i used to work construction I built homes for others, I didnt make them for others.

because she's meant to be the new face of the company.

Me neither. Are they implying that she is built, made, and born a hero?

Or are they implying she is none of the 3, in which case what is she then and how did she get that way?

I mean, he was born with his powers. The hammer was just a catalyst for them.

jej

>what is she then and how did she get that way?
Some are dictated heroes by political mandate.

Having superpowers doesn't make you a hero, everything Odin said about him was true and he couldn't be considered a hero until he was willing to sacrifice himself to save Jane and Erik, at which point Mjolnir/Odin judged him worthy of having his powers returned.

Is this just gonna be a movie about a woman beating up a bunch of dudes (or aliens that happen to be dudes) all while mugging at the camera and boasting how strong/smart/capable she is and how women are better than men?

Attached: johnny-sack.jpg (250x300, 30K)

Don't know, don't care. Boycott.

So are we just dropping Blacked Widow now?

He also has the humility to sincerely apologize to Loki before sacrificing himself.
youtube.com/watch?v=HCjPBpdlccM

Whether it's the music or the Branagh touch I don't know but these scenes are great.

tfw the least likable character plays a pivotal role in defeating Thanos.

Attached: ffff.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

Because she rise above those men

N

lighten up user you got a mole up your ass

First Thor is severely underrated, as far as capeshit goes it's about as good as it gets, Nolan notwithstanding.

name 7 movies where this happens and 3 movies where it doesn't

oh no no no, not even BP got the honor of being included with Tony,Cap and Thor. how will BP fegz recover?

I do not get it.
So she is just a hero. Not build, not made, not born. Just hero by definition because of her existence?

she's a strong woman

I don't get it? What's the fuckin joke?

Attached: 457823456789.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Who doesn't need the help of a man, knows what to do without being told by a man, and also she is just smarter and stronger than any man.

wasn't she given super powers like captain america?

Black Widow, the Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Gamora, even Okoye and Peggy Carter would have been better choices. The messages are mixed with how they are marketing this.

I WAS IN MY PRIME

i must not like capeshit then because thor 1 and 2 are very bottom of the marvel list, but the first half of thor 3 is fun

>and it's everything

This is fan made, just like the last thread you started with fake promotional material. Quit trying to stir up shit, DCuck.

I respect your opinion despite my wholehearted disagreement.

they make her like a really special snowflake

Why does absolutely everything about this movie make this board buttblasted?

Attached: CPEQy_EWoAAmXyI.jpg (272x272, 14K)

Sneed's
Seed
and
Feed
but
Chuck's
Suck
and
Fuck

because she's just some angry asslet with a fungus infection they're trying to portray as the capeshit Jesus for some reason

:}

You're a carbon copy of those woke retards at twitter.

It's not the movie, it's the cunt who is playing captain marvel. Every single day she has a new "waaah feminism fuck all the men who have given me my entire livelihood and allow me to exist as I do"
she's an incredibly entitled, talent-less piece of shit, and every single one of her opinions, thoughts, ideas, views, and goals are wrong.
She's basically retarded.

Why is this movie triggering you guys so much?

/thread

Why does absolutely everything about white men make her buttblasted?

Attached: Brie_Larson_(cropped).jpg (225x332, 20K)

I'm not even mad at that. I'm just mad they are shoehorning "THAT" into this franchise out of nowhere and at the last minute. Like there are some people who just steal every scene they are in and totally make a movie. She's gonna be like that but the opposite.

Came here to say this.

REEEEEEEEE

i don't go to twitter
nothing he said was wrong. she is a cunt they're putting on a pedestal
>THE FIRST FEMALE SUPER HERO@!1!!
for literally no reason
>we need a HERo

They haven't given her everything she needs (wants) yet.

Attached: 1550754446999.jpg (942x780, 224K)

Cheeky my fucking ass, they were afraid because Ant Man has literally no fans.

a HER o

How did they fuck up the spelling this bad? It's A hero.

>some are built
>some are made
>some are born
And yet, no one worked towards their powers, they were gifted them.
This is why superheroes are garbage, they do not earn their abilities, it's always some macguffin.

Captain Marvel wasn't even born a hero, she gets her powers from some kind of machine.

>some get their hero powers from an ayy
Compelling backstory desu

that's why onepunchman is the best superhero

It's funny because most women I know watch superhero flicks for the storylines/to see attractive men...it just makes me wonder who this was made for? I feel like most people will see it out of obligation to keep up with the overall story line/future movies...

Attached: 572-1532336916.jpg (640x360, 19K)

As opposed to what?
Iron Man bought his powers.
Captain America was just given a magic anti-manlet potion.
Spiderman is only a thing because he got randomly bitten by a spider.

All Marvel heroes have terrible origins.

the trailer is "watch it to find out"
spoiler: she got lucky

dc fanboy here, iron man didnt buy his powers he spent his life studying engineering and mechanics and built his powers
caps superpower is essentially his will to stand up to tyranny, no matter what, which he displays before getting juiced up
you got me on spoderman though

>And yet, no one worked towards their powers, they were gifted them.
Karate Kid (physical training), Zatara (trained in magic), Hour-Man (invented superpower serum himself)
>NOOOO MY NARRATIVE

>she got lucky

Who is writing this shit? Jared Diamond?

I can't imagine being so obsessed about a politician that I see every use of the word "Her" as a reference

Based retarded newfag

Ted Kord, Batman, and Steel from DC, along with Iron Man from Marvel all basically used intelligence to make their "powers." I don't see why that doesn't count. Training the mind is just as important as training the body.

Not him but he's saying that, if you spend half your day at Yea Forums or /pol/ circlejerking about how pissed off you are, you're equivalent to those woke retards at twitter.

Iron Man built his stuff himself in a cave with a box of scraps, retard

Don't know about Thor 2, but Thor 1 is a quintessential hero story that is incredibly well done despite some flaws, like the cringe "science and magic are one and the same" dialog, forced/undeveloped romance, and underdeveloped side characters like Sif and the Warriors 3.

The core of the movie are the familial relationships between Odin, Thor, and Loki (father, son, brother). Thor is a very vividly but subtly defined character. He appears to be a dense meathead but is actually intelligent and well-mannered, just cocky, vainglorious, and naive. Thor is a powerful man who has never faced hardship or real challenge. He is basically the anti-Hamlet, being overly inclined to action without any introspection or respect for death and misery.

I liked how the fish-out-of-water gags are reasonable and don't undermine the character, which would have been really easy to do. I like the way Thor's attempt to retrieve his hammer is partially framed from Jane's point of view, with kind of a subverted irony (or is it double-irony?). Jane doesn't expect Thor to actually be a god, but we know he is. Thor expects to be able to pick up his hammer, but we know he can't. This teases the ultimate payoff in that climactic scene where Jane witnesses Thor truly get his power back. And of course that is a major character moment for Thor as he realizes that he is fully banished and stripped of his powers.

In that scene earlier, I like the detail where Jane is crying over Thor, Erik the lore guy hears the sonic boom and knows exactly what it means and moves to get Jane out of the way as Mjollnir heads to Thor's hand.

I like that the Frost Giant villains are pretty specifically hating Asgard and the king hates Odin, rather than a generic "trying to conquer Earth" supervillain. And that Loki is just trying to earn his father's respect.

Difference between /pol/ and tumblr is that /pol/ laughs a lot and tumblr just gets mad. Liberalism run amok! Haha!

>caps superpower is essentially his will to stand up to tyranny
That's not a superpower.
And if he didn't make the magic potion he wouldn't be able to do shit.

Yeah, he built an exosuit, that's it.
The mediocrity of his "powers" are probably the reason why all of his villains are garbage.

Your post really suggests that it isn't the case.

This hasn't been true for a long time

most superheroes have terrible villains, good supervillains are the exception

Spider-man is one of the most explicit "power fantasy" superheroes, apart from maybe Superman.
youtube.com/watch?v=jM7Eou4bV-Q

That is blatantly false. Antman included the Avengers in various tv spots and promotional material, I think Doctor Strange did too, and maybe even Black Panther but I do not remember the spots for that one. They do this quite often. GOTG did it too.
Then there is the obvious ones like Civil War or every Avengers movie, which include footage from previous movies in their promos but those characters are already in the movie.

Aw. I don't go there as much as I used to. Are humor threads banned now?

yeah he couldnt go toe to toe with anyone without the serum
but he would still try
unlike any other superhero other than supes

>Iron Man bought his powers
TONY STARK BUILT IT IN A CAVE
WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS

>SOME DIED
>AN HERO

Attached: file.png (2048x1536, 2.63M)

All white people
Not black people allowed

Attached: 1542731349669.jpg (250x250, 23K)

Disney are already saying she's a transgender

Classic.

and now Japan loves his suit

Sauce?

>Iron Man bought his powers.

box of scraps in a cave

youtube.com/watch?v=4y_bw78Q-YU

>absolutely everything about white men

You're a fucking idiot.

The Mark I was a piece of crap that barely held its own against a bunch of dumb terrorists.

The Mark I is not the important part, the important part is the mini ark reactor he made in that cave. That is quite literally the heart of every Iron Man suit, his big invention.

are you denying the loyalty behind the origins of Ironman and the fanbase loving each and every single suit Tony has produced throughout the flicks?

No, i'm saying that Iron Man is just another one of many who didn't earn his powers.
It's always the same: they are either gifted the power or they buy the power.
No one trains or earns the skills they use to save the world.

Which is why I never get why people insist that superheroes are inspiring, they were given everything in a silver plate.

because he made it out of scrapes
he still made his other suits himself, but with better materials

>one of many who didn't earn his powers

wasn't he gonna be killed unless he invented the arc reactor to power up his robo suit? its pretty inspiring that he Rambood his way out of there

>Why is Captain Marvel including Iron Man, Captain America and Thor in the marketing campaign
member the Avengers, this is next, go and watch it

>barely held its own against a bunch of dumb terrorists.
He cleaned up a veteran jihadi guerilla camp in it, you smolet.

>No one trains or earns the skills they use to save the world.
I'm pretty sure every super hero all the way up to Superman had to train and learn to use their powers.

It's the archetypal supernatural aid, retard. It's a metaphor for whatever your real life god-given talent is. Most people have something they are good at, even if you personally are a pathetic loser with no talents.

>No one trains or earns the skills they use to save the world.
Tony quite literally earned his powers by studying many fields of science and engineering, do you not understand the scene where he makes a goddamn reactor with $0 while being held captive in a cave? His character arc is about how he was a spoiled child and a dick, got everything taken away from him by his very own weaponry and had to prove himself and his real worth with barely anything of value at his disposal.

Very true. Nobody would be watching this if Endgame was May 2020.

I wont watch this and I'm out of capeshit alltogether after Endgame.

>they were given everything in a silver plate
Sometimes it's not about the god-like powers but what you do with them.

>No other Marvel movie included characters that weren't in the movie in their marketing campaigns
Wrong

Attached: 557a3436ecad0471703f07ad-750-1094.jpg (750x1094, 149K)