So I recently decided I wanted to torture myself, and watched a bit of nu-simpsons, sepecifically most of season 29...

So I recently decided I wanted to torture myself, and watched a bit of nu-simpsons, sepecifically most of season 29. I started noticing certain patterns. This what I noticed:

meta references
>lots of meta reference, bringing back previous characters, ideas, places, etc., often with specific reference to the fact that it's a meta reference. sometimes even breaking the fourth wall over this. Every single episode had a few very clear meta-references.
couch gag and intro sequence
>couch gag is now way more over the top, it's actually one of the most unfunny parts, since it's simply some terrible and overly extended gag that completely disregards the original idea of something silly happening to the family when they sit down. The intro sequence gets a lot of variable elements as well. All of which ties in with
reduced narrative content
>episodes were around 21m30s, including credits, and the couch gag alone is often a minute long or more, plus the complete intro secuence which sometimes is extended by some terrible gag. Adding to that some also very extended (and unfunny) gags throughout, the actual episodes feel noticeably shorter than back in the day, the actual narrative feels like barely more than 15 minutes. They all feel like they end way too soon.
manatee gags
>way too many family-guy tier manatee gags. Family guy could get away with it and only for a short time because it was something different and pretty edgy, and still it got old quickly. Here, the concept is neither new, nor edgy, nor funny. They feel like cheap filler.
morbid content
>lots of very morbid references or plot points, with very explicit and morbid references to death and dying. It doesn't even feel like edgy humour, just dark stuff for the hell of it.

Only good part: Storylines are a bit better than some seasons ago.

my two cents.
Sneedposters have at it.

Attached: nu-simpsons.jpg (825x464, 265K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jM9o6dKpWB0
vimeo.com/277338577
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S

Sneed.

I think season 24 onwards have had gradual quality boost in the story department every year. The jokes are not as good but the stories are more interesting instead of lazy.

How would you fix the show, OP?

kill the entire writing staff and replace them with manatees

I don't think it can be fixed. When a show gets so long running and relevant it will often turn towards itself, ie becoming a parody of itself. Flanderization if you will. It would have to detach itself from the meta-realization of what it is.
I find that american shows have a hard time doing this. Like, they run out of ideas, and turn to the same repetitive themes of that genre.
Shitty example, but take Big Bang Theory. It started out reasonably interesting, a more or less unusual concept for a regular american sitcom of centering around nerds and so on. And a few seasons in they all have gfs, get married have kids, it's just nu-Friends ffs.
One instance I can think of of shows that maintain their style (if not necessarily their freshness and/or quality) over very long run are some animes. I used to watch Detective Conan, has like hundreds and hundreds of eps, and the narrative style stays more or less coherent, with a natural evolution, but not turning into a parody of itself.
Another interesting example could be South Park. Quality has dropped, yes, but it has continually evolved its style, instead of trying to keep up the same antics. Clearly Simpsons has too much pressure to include certain ideas/style so that it couldn't just be let to evolve more or less naturall like South Park did.

The Book Job is pretty good for Nu-Simpsons...Far too good.

Kek I had to watch an episode the other day at a friend's house and I was so audibly autistic over it because I'd recently watched seasons 1-7 and Lisa asked Bart what he's been doing after school and he mentioned that he just writes on the chalk board the same random message over and over and she says some weird garbage and he asks if he can use that for the chalk board

I find those kinds of meta jokes are one of the worst things about nu-simpsons. It's like having your head up your own arse, instead of actually trying to be creative and original. It's ok to do jokes like that once in a blue moon and having them actually be funny, but that constant self-pandering is awful.

It was funny because after that, I thought about the other day in a thread people kept posting the same WebM of Homer texting a gif of him to Lisa, phasing into the hedge from the old episode where he becomes friends with Flanders
And I just thought this shit must happen a lot now

sneed

Don't know if The Simpsons could pull like South Park did and make a seasonal theme instead of the episodic formula it always had

Actual Simpsons discussion? Am I still on 4ChannelĀ®?
Seriously though OP nice thread, you're a braver man than I for taking one for the team and watching Nu-Simpsons to discover why exactly it is so bad. I can't watch it, it breaks my heart
Once the show became meta and self aware it was over

comfy simpsons sneed

I watched an episode where they went on an island game show or some shit and Marge unironically said "noob" five or six times.

South Park barely pulled it off, they can't finish arc storylines well. They just do whatever every week and then are fucked at the end. The Simpsons would be worse because the Simpsons isn't as funny, but I think their schedule would make it possible they could pull it off.

Marge is a PC gamer

It's just a bunch of Simpsons fans making jokes for other Simpsons fans. The show is Simpsons Shitposting now. One storyboard artist even snuck Sneed into a newer episode.

There was an episode where Marge gets addicted to a MMORPG and Bart goes and kill her character then feels bad after

I miss the episodes that had razzing and glove slaps.

Not all new Simpsons is bad desu

I liked S30E02

Attached: fascar.webm (992x558, 1.15M)

>He doesn't know about the episode where Marge begins playing WoW and accidentally kills Bart's character.

Make the farmers main characters.

SNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Fucking This. I'd watch the shit out of that.

Sneed

This would be the best because it would kill the meme forever

But quite the contrary

Attached: 1549667997693.jpg (970x545, 54K)

pretty sure she said it ironically, which is somehow okay, rewatch it.

Not just the farmers but all secondary characters outside Flanders, Mr. Burns, Moe and Principal Skinner could get a bit more of screentime

Good post OP

South Park has clearly dropped in quality, but at least you gotta respect the effort in trying new things. It feels like it's an unrestrained show that might actually surprise you, unlike nu-Simpsons.

>not 'ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssSNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed'
one job user

>It's just a bunch of Simpsons fans making jokes for other Simpsons fans.
Spot on

That's because South Park has had the same guy writing every script for years, and he evolves the same way any individual writer does. The Simpsons is always getting new writers, and the new people are always fans of the show and want to make something "just like it."

I've been watching Family Guy, American Dad, South Park and The Simpsons as they've been airing weekly for almost 10 years. The Simpsons is easily the worst animated show still going. They newest episodes actually make me cringe at times like when Lisa messages homer and he sends her the hedge gif. They should just stop. Family Guy is unironically funnier than The Simpsons.

There's one thing you missed

background gags
>many shots are filled with "funny things" happening in the background, where the joke is that something additional is happening in the shot, and the thing happening isn't actually funny on its own

Just look at this shit. They couldn't just have homer talk to the audience, they needed to bring in an extra character every couple of seconds so you knew that what you were watching was funny!

youtube.com/watch?v=jM9o6dKpWB0

>meta references
They have been abusing this for a while. They know that people watch the show because of what it formerly was, so they try to cash in on its self-mythology.

But luckily no one buys it. In any case, makes it worse because of how painfully obvious it is

The couch gags are beyond terrible. Worst thing is some idiots every now and then buy them, like that 80s retrowave one or the Guillermo Del Toro. It follows the terrible "cram up cultural references" shtick and you'll have some guys thinking it's epic

Really the show is just shit, one can come up with words and words on why it is like that. At this point it's pointless to watch it

You talk about meta references, but almost every nuSimpsons episode I've had the misfortune of watching has just straight up reused plots from earlier seasons. Like they want to remake episodes where Homer and Lisa bond or something and you're supposed to feel emotions (other than disgust) but they completely lack the ability to write believable human interactions like earlier episodes had (even with the characters being eccentric cartoon characters) so they're utterly worse in every way. I can't give you an exact example off the top of my head, but it's pretty shameless.

This, it's needless to even discuss it.

LOL!!!

Attached: simpsons memes.webm (1280x720, 2.72M)

>>lots of very morbid references or plot points, with very explicit and morbid references to death and dying. It doesn't even feel like edgy humour, just dark stuff for the hell of it.
this is something lazy writers do instead of actual comedy
same with characters being mean, or gross stuff

My ocd made me watch simpsons for year after it was bad, to see every episode
but it got so ad aout season 27-28 i finaly had to stop watching

that didnt work at all for south park
and i wouldnt like it in simpsons either

Attached: Vomiting blood.jpg (465x465, 37K)

>morbid content
This actually bothers me a lot
I remember in the episode where the simpsons go to kang and kodos' planet, the first scene is the simpsons at a knockoff disneyland, and there's a "joke" where a large group of people standing under a shaded area are hit with acid sprinklers, literally melt away into the drains, and then another group of people enter the shaded area

Family Guy did improve, especially as they greatly reduced the cutaway and "[thing] happens for obnoxiously long amount of time" gags.

>gotta respect the effort
the continual story stuff was pure laziness
it meant they didn't have to come up with a new story each episode and could repeat jokes

SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED SNEED

Attached: D56C9062-C718-4D7A-86FD-56FBE3AA3D3D.jpg (960x679, 81K)

learn to greentext properly

The show has been shit since S11E05.

S10E05 When You Dish Upon a Star
Was full death of the Simpsons

This isn't an edit? I thought it was until now.

That's like 10 years old. Also it's shit.

I see the shills have resorted to a new tactic. Trying to be critical about the newer seasons and seemingly to be "one of us". The telling part is the "Storylines are a bit better now" at the end.
Nice try, Shillsters.
HOWEVER

It's an edit. This is the original.

Attached: 1547470794624.webm (600x338, 1.96M)

have we seen race mixing in the simpsons before? This truly is the current year
and of course its a white women, black man, what else would it be?

Appreciate you pushing through for research purposes.

i actually remember this one. just realized sunny also did something similar, i guess WOW was huge for a while there.

>he doesn't know

>the new people are always fans of the show
This is true, many of the writers grew up liking the show.

Source: yeardly interview with marc maron

yikes

true, it was the start of 'LET'S HAVE A GUEST CELEB IN EVERY GODDAMN EPISODE'' era

Attached: sfs2.jpg (1025x2407, 343K)

Last episode I watched was the one where they made a parody fantasy setting. Fucking awful shit. And the shoehorned message at the end had been done better by the show before.

The other day I was trying to think of black Simpsons characters. I could only think of Carl, Lou, Dr Hibbert and the kid with the purple afro.

>One storyboard artist even snuck Sneed into a newer episode.

false. nice try

Farmer #1 appeared in that episode

Attached: sneedcage.png (89x285, 65K)

13% of the population

formerly console

Bring back Sneed

What's a manatee joke?

It's like what miyazaki said about the industry now being full of otakus who aren't really creative but just make references to the stuff they like

Make a time machine, go back, and end it on Season 6.

south park reference
they had this episode where they joke about family guy writers being manatees picking random elements to develop stories
vimeo.com/277338577

now that I spoonfed you this hard you have to suck my dick by the way

Oh yeah very true. Again I think this can be funny when done sparingly, but it's like they have to have a dumb joke like that in every other shot. Dumb fucks.

Oh yeah you're right, all those reused plots jfc

It's apparently much harder to write a seasonal arc, because they're not used to taking into account an overarching story. They said they wouldn't do it anymore because it's too hard. Instead they decided on that "soft" continuity where only some elements are carried over without actually compromising other eps.

Its like, this could have actually been sort of funny if they just let Homer do the fucking schtick, maybe with one or two background gags but thats it. It felt like a YouTube parody.

> ftw sn**d is dead

Attached: 1545259879193.png (1281x860, 331K)

Cringe
This

Attached: moe.jpg (262x234, 14K)

Attached: 1522862781883.jpg (640x960, 98K)

Attached: 1506305892229.jpg (640x620, 81K)

It should've ended after Season 10 or maybe 12.

Okay daddy :3

interesting. i wouldn't submit myself to that torture, but it's always nice to know what happend to that show i actually enjoyed for several years

Weeb detected

Sneed

There was an early episode when a new neighbour moves in (the single mom with the daughter that Bart falls in love with) that had a mixed race couple, I believe. But that's it as far as I know.

Get a new showrunner. Doubt it would fix it but it'd be nice if someone than Al had a turn for once. Dude has bren showrunner for what seventeen years now?

Nah I'm a very low-level weeb, where I grew up animes were routinely shown on local tv that's where I got hooked on detective conan (also used to watch dragon ball and shin chan).

So the Who Shot Mr. Burns cliffhanger would never be resolved?

>tfw managed to get a simpsons thread going with minimal sneedposting
This is what an oldfag looks like

GAG on my cock

thatĀ“s because you added constructive criticism to the show and that made the sneedposter think for once in their lives

me watch cartoons me smarts for rippin it a new one

It should've stopped at 7 or 8 max.

is nu south park any good?
last season i watched, 5? years ago, was like 2 fun episodes and 10 horrible, boring ones

Attached: holy crap lois.jpg (750x742, 50K)

formerly think for twice in their deaths

None of their voices sounds the same anymore...even homer

Have Bart and Lisa get trapped in a time machine powered by sex.
They're lost for years in the future, and the show starts with both of the being 18. They have to fuck their way back to the present, because the Earth is overrun by the dolphins from the Halloween special.

Lisa has massive tits and is constantly pregnant.

Attached: the_S.gif (700x394, 966K)

Hit and miss. I sort of liked the serialized season despite everything, but most fa/tv/irgins would disagree. One of the last really great moments was the GoT trilogy, that one was great. But it's still a few good ones and many more meh to bad ones.

I honestly never even knew people actually sat down to watch The Simpsons until sneedposting was born

Thats because sn**d is a dead meme

Attached: based.jpg (640x480, 51K)

D-do you watch it standing up?

>simpsons """"""""discussion"""""""""
>always about how much it sucks
and you comfyfags wonder why sneed rekt this show

Where on South America?

This, fucking this

>you should only discuss things you like

Less reliance on guest stars.

Kill off Moe, make Sneed the main character

Cancel it and let 6 or so competent creators each spearhead a new show each with the money with little to no corporate oversight.

Based

The best anime example is Dragon Ball, was a parody of action anime & journey to the west, but became a full on action show & everyone loved it, Toriyama rolled with it because $$$

this

Attached: SmartSelect_20190203-232705_Gallery.jpg (1340x1347, 528K)

The newer episode's animation has that computer animated stiffness that demonstrates the soullessness of its content. Even new Family Guy episodes are funnier. I recently saw an episode from the 1990s where Bart and his friends go on a road trip and that shit was peak comfy.

i wonder what creative method they'll use to rape the Simpsons corpse next

>Hit and miss.

i guess they never miss huh?

The problem is a lack of comedic talent. It doesn't matter how much you shake up the staff: there is no one to replace them. This is a problem prevalent in all of Hollywood-genuinely funny and intelligent people just can't get into the industry anymore. They're relegated to seeding and feeding down at Chucks.

No. The show went downhill during season 6 and became trendy dated shit in season 7. Even watching a season from 3 years ago is a chore; it's the most dated show on television

No, they got their creative shit pushed in by Trump like regular Hollywood chumps.
I defend the show all the way up to 2016 the same as King of the Hill: reduced quality and lacks original charm but still tightly produced and funny.
Afterwards it's like Season 10-30 of the Simpsons within 3 seasons.

Family guy always has atleast one dumb gag that makes me smirk, even in the worse episodes. I don't remenber the last time I laughed at a simpsons joke.

Spain you dumb mutt. I don't even think soutgh America got shin chan or detective conan. Catalan tv still shows new eps of conan to this day, one of the very gew places in the west that do.

I like that they have become more self aware with the jokes and they recognizing the shittyness of their own show somehow makes It's funnier. The simpsons can't even make these types of jokes because the writters can't stop smelling their own farts.

Not OP but you need to fire the senior writers and put the new guys through their paces over the next season to see who can bring it back to something worth watching. We wouldn't be trying to go back to how the show used to be, we'd be trying to make something people want to watch.

>I don't even think soutgh America got shin chan or detective conan.
We did. And our dubs were much better than your shitty Onda Vitales and A Todo Gas shitshows. Neck your fucking self.

(formerly friends with Farmer 2)

Sneed

>ywn be friends with Farmer 1 and 2 and go on comfy fuck and suck adventures together
It hurts, I don't think this pain is worth living for anymore.

Sneed

Sneed feed and seed

Sneeeeeeeeed

SNEED
N
E
E
D

this video is more like a 90's screensaver than a tv show

Sneed

this sneed is more like feed than a seed

Only good part: Sneed

Yup. That's zombie Nu-Sneedsons for ya.

SNEED

Looks like the discord trannies are here.

Where's the Sneed edit?

sneed

This Simpsons show needs to die out or become TV MA and just let it die out being filled with gore an very bad Simpson online jokes we all heard of over the years and sex with Homer being an actual alcoholic who can't hold his job.

Sneedscord Chuckies

>East Coast Feed
and...?

I would start fucking and sucking everyone one and everything in sight until I can no longer feed on seed.

formerly page 10

Elbows
Knees
Feed & Seed