Yea Forums BTFO
Yea Forums BTFO
Yea Forums BTFO

Attached: CAPTAIN.png (1336x1272, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/eye#Verb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh ho ho ho

Isn't that less than Alita which is kind of considered a bomb?

>How will Yea Forums ever recover?
They can't

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 1012K)

Except there ain’t no chink or jap money to somewhat salvage the situation as in Alita’s case

>the state of fucking journalism

You'd think things are so fucking peachy on the planet when the major thing they write about are puff pieces for a multinational corporation's shitty product.
And the words they use
>heroic
>glowing

You'd think it was some huge struggle to make this thing. Every morning when they came to work at the studio a big fucking misogynist was at the door blocking them from entering and screaming
>WAHMEN SUPERHERO? NOT IN MY AMERIKKKA
And they had to fight their way past him so they can make their brave statement.

who's actually watching this movie? black panther did so well because literally every single black person on the planet went to see it, who's watching this shit besides normalfags and tumblr sluts

what about all the young girls they were going to bus in so they could see the first female superhero?

pretty much, Disney and their genius marketing departments have basically reduced social activism and emancipation movements to corporate allegiance, and they're laughing their way to the bank lmao

We will all be accumulated into the fungus.

>First Captain Marvel reactions are in: 'Well, Thanos is f---ed'

But thats Wonder Woman

it actually needed a 300 mil opening to meet expectations

>butthurt by sensationalist writing
They have to get click to earn that dollar. Do you think an article titled "Captain Marvel movie projected to make money. Nothing else to report, thank you for reading" would get a lot of views?

>Yes, well... We changed it.

Attached: Disney Marketing Narrative Cross Synergy Department.jpg (530x846, 62K)

This. And I agree as someone who will possibly vote for Bernie in the next election. Leftism is an utter farce. It's purely a wing of neoliberal corporate marketing by now. Not that conservatism is that much better, but at the left's hypocrisy is much more disgusting.

Alita opened to $28 million for the 3 day weekend

>implying I don't want to see Stan "the man" Lee's second to last Marvel movie cameo on the big screen
Yeah, y'all can go f yourselves, bitch boys!

I think it was in the Curtis Hypernormalization documentary that he says something like 'modern leftist activism is cozy because it now allows people to feel like they're changing the world without giving up any of it'
he means that 'resist capitalism' is now a product of capitalism itself that comes pre-packaged and can be consumed without risk

actually no, it was some (good) book rec I saw here once, about the future of capitalism told through movie and music reviews

why did I think that then? I'm stupid, sorry

Dude don't you enjoy a stupid fun superhero movie now and then?

Me (22) And my lil brothers (19,15) go to every one

I loved that doc. My favorite part was the montage that blockbuster movies before 9/11 would dream about the end of the world. Also the part about how Blair's report on weapons of mass destruction was made up from the Nic Cage film, the Rock. Curtis didn't notice that both the Rock and Armageddon had the same writer.

>100mil
Wasn't it expected to do 180mil before that dyke opened her mouth?

Not butthurt, just kind of tired.

>'modern leftist activism is cozy because it now allows people to feel like they're changing the world without giving up any of it'

This is a great way to describe how SJWs must feel buying a ticket for whatever shitshow Disney craps out lately.

It's as if they see uniformed WW2 nazis marching down the street of their hometown and the only way to defeat them is to bravely drive your fat ass down to the kinoplex and shell out $13 for 2 1/2 hours of crappy writing.

For what? Pretending that this is some monumental part of human rights history akin to MLK giving his speech? For Disney running charities to buy tickets under some fake social crusade guise to pad the numbers AGAIN like it did with BP?

Grow the fuck up! If you imagine her as another white male actor you'll see how mediocre this shit is, and since Disney has painted itself into a corner with the Marvel-verse because there's nowhere to go after saving the universe, they're now pushing identity politics in their movies to make money.

Is this movie something that's actually popular with people? I find it hard to believe that there's hype for something like this.

Alita has a much more staggered world wide release. I'd bet my immortal soul once it hits the chink market it's go blow the box office out of the water.

Yes, yes it was user.

But Disney likes to double down and blame fans, which is a strategy that has never once worked for anybody in all of media.

So now we wait to see the conclusion of the social experiment that is this movie's opening weekend.

They're already on damage control. They'd never let any negative reviews from the preview screenings get out and if you manage to say anything bad they'll call you a misogynistic troll.

Brie was shitting on men on twitter, it's not a good idea to piss on your target demographic.

>PLEASE DONT RELEASE ALITA IN CHINA JIM PLEASE DONT HAVE MERCY

Attached: IMG_2594.jpg (586x744, 44K)

Good thing your soul holds no value.

I mean, it's a female version of some superhero that most people have never heard of. And it doesn't have some gimmick going for it, like Deadpool or Guardians of the Galaxy or whatever. The Wonder Woman movie already came out, so there was already a female superhero movie recently, and of a character that's much more recognizable, so Captain Marvel isn't unique in that regard either. What is this movie even about? Superhero does superhero things? Who fucking cares?

Will depend what score it gets on Maoyan which usually correlates with box office, since you can only rate the movie there after you've bought a ticket. 9.3 or above would signal very good news. Aquaman had 9.5

>projections of the opening weekend are getting lower every day
>heroic

The absolute state of Disney

>Feb 14th.
Nice - Solo had the same article written about it.

Exactly.

It's like how EA was with cutting off the flow of early reviews to sites and magazines that didn't guarantee 90+ scores for their games.

No one will tell the truth. The movie reviewers are all just mouthpieces for Disney. And that's how we end up with TFA and TLJ getting such huge review scores in spite of being total pieces of shit.

At this point people are on autopilot when it comes to Marvel. Like there's something in the water.

>Actually shilling for Captain Mediocre.
Bruh.

I imagine many people think Captain Marvel is something the MCU invented just for the movies, like a meta character that's the most powerful and also a woman

Well, the comics it's based off of sell like absolute shit. I mean not even breaking 10,000 comics sold kind of bad. But they keep pushing her because she's literally "feminism" the superhero and Marvel is run by complete batshit vagina hat wearing weirdos.

You forgot to mention that they rebooted the comics like 7 times in the last 5 years just to drop into salesnumbers obscurity after the 3rd issue every single time.

if you dont count old superhero movies, out of the new ones i have only seen first avengers movie and captain america civil war and even then i skipped most of it
if you enjoy superhero movies you're either manchild or a fried brain npc

Wasn't that a projection? I thought it actually made something in the 40s

Attached: Captain Marvel (1977).webm (480x360, 2.96M)

It made 42 million for the 5 day weekend, which was a holiday.

Bros, I have just diagnosed with chronic misogyny disorder. Luckily there are charities that help people like me to get through life but I'm taking it one day at a time. Just wanted to let you know that I don't judge you for being able to enjoy films like Captain Marvel, but please understand how hard it is for me to be constantly oppressed on the internet for my tragic condition. If you know anyone with misogyny disorder then please give them your support and sympathy. Nobody else is going to.

Attached: misogyny disorder.jpg (612x432, 60K)

Eyes? Is it a verb like "sees"?

That's 80 million less than the early trackings though

Learn to use a dictionary, ESL friend.

Attached: eye-verb.png (365x136, 14K)

slay queeeeeeeeeen hella f*king epic!

>Space traveler Andros returns seeking Wonder Woman's help in defending earth from an invasion of the body and mind snatching Skrill.
Fucking kek, Was this just DC giving a middle finger to Marvel?

I’m feeling an $86m opening for Captain Marvel with -73% second week drop, it’ll do Dr. Strange lifetime numbers.

Attached: 38B888EA-E8A6-45C2-AE08-FE4478652DCC.jpg (641x1145, 403K)

>heroic

Attached: ohno.png (822x705, 709K)

so it will do the same numbers as dr strange even though dr strange dropped only 49%
reading some of these posts truly makes me think Yea Forums has no idea how the box office works

weren't supposed to be 180?

Serious, honest to god question: do normies really wake up in the morning excited for yet another superhero movie? All the politics and bullshit aside. Movie alone. Are people really invested? How? How is there no fatigue yet?

I don't get how it got so big in the first place since nobody actually cares about comic books. I always assumed normies would only know about Batman, Superman and Spiderman. Who the fuck cared about Captain America?

Is it really that arbitrary that normies can be made into fans of anything and go see it in drones if only the shilling is done correctly? Could the current fad replaced with something else entirely and in 5 years they wouldn't even remember the superhero movies?

>677
I thought all Marvel movies break a billion.

did soros send money to their charity for tickets, AGAIN?

The answer is yes because they are the new 80s action flicks of the modern era people will quote them endlessly and take about the ridiculous bullshit pieces of cinema they are for the next three decades easily
>Pic related
Once someone was excited for this guy to put out a new movie too and looking back his stuff is enjoyable but not by any real means art capeshit is the same as this but for zoomers

Attached: 1537127302379.webm (1920x1080, 906K)

kek

>100 million plus
That's literally nothing

do you mean assimilated

Mutts and shitskins love big glow boom on magic move wall!

Attached: grug.jpg (550x550, 77K)

Ot just feels that way because Marvel films always feel so epic in scale.

>Eyes heroic
uh, knees weak
mom's spaghetti?

what kind of a sentance is that?

>civilwarairportfight.psd

kek

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/eye#Verb

>Initial expectations were 200 Million
>Then lowered to 150
>Then lowered to 100
>Then lowered to 80

They were bound to reach their expectation at some point.

Attached: 1486438327719.gif (498x360, 193K)

This sucked and still sucks balls. Every Saturday I watch from 8pm to 2am the whole metv line up for the even8ng. If this show did not take the 7pm time slot instead switched places with www(which has the 6pm timeslot) I would be able to have 7 hours of pure Kino.

actually it was supposed to made $1 billion in Thursday previews

Attached: marvel 550353960478.png (645x1782, 655K)

>Thinking about Stan. What a legend.R.I.P

>sentance

shills need to step up there game

Attached: thrill2shill.jpg (773x763, 121K)

So we need to wait for a whistleblower, basically?

Why does the entire situation surrounding this movie feel exactly like the Ghostbusters situation? Like, it's almost identical and the people who just genuinely don't care about seeing it are being treated like the scum of the Earth.

Attached: 1537774788797.jpg (447x456, 32K)

It's not nearly as bad. And there are much less people hating on it. I mean, just look at the like/dislikes for trailers.

He's a shit actor and all his film are pure cringe

shit taste fuck you

Attached: ourgal.gif (270x270, 1.87M)

Yes - to be btfo, eternally btfo....such is the fate of the incel......

How can you agree with that post, calling leftism an utter farce and still consider voting for Bernie? That's retarded. Vote Trump and it's all gonna be fine.

>modern leftist activism is cozy because it now allows people to feel like they're changing the world without giving up any of it
Remind me to the latest ManBearPig episode.

Is making money heroic?

>looking at money is the same as earning money

It happened because "nerd culture" became fashionable to normies. So for them seeing these movies is like shopping for new items that will make them more popular.

Which is a shame, because if there is one Marvel movie that deserved to break a billion, it was Dr Strange. It was so fucking good that I can't believe it is part of the MCU.

Lol all the Disney sponsored damage control articles is proof this shit is going to flop.

>"we're broke ass bottom feeders of the journo/blogger industry and we can see the future, which is why we're such broke dick suckers of corporate media"

LITERALLY every time with these articles. I bet xhe went home to xer shitty basement apartment, confident they fought the good fight in the name of "social justice"

Compared to recent cape flicks, $100 million would be about what Women Woman did over it's first weekend.

Marvel btfo.

Attached: our lad.jpg (800x522, 274K)

AHAHAHAHAHAHA ALITAFAGS SEETHING

>What went wrong?

Does going full SJW rot the body as badly as it rots the mind?

Attached: Brie Larson 5.jpg (2000x1500, 406K)

How is Segal still doing movies? Is he still a draw?

>And there are much less people hating on it
I actually think that's worse for CM. People don't care enough to hate it. That's pretty brutal.

These photographers are fucking amazing.

based
Civil War was the last one I saw too.
It was cliched and boring, so I decided to never waste time or money on capeshit again.

That fact you liked wonderwoman shows your pleb taste.

Isn't that half of the original claim?

He's in the kinds of movies that used to go straight to video. Shot on a shoestring budget in some eastern European country.
They don't have to shift many copies to make their money back. Just the number of people that cringe-watch will cover the costs.

>spend 152 million
>make 100 million
>heroic
it's heroic they haven't thrown her in the fucking gutter with antman

>if you enjoy superhero movies you're either manchild or a fried brain npc
Or a parent.

Why are people acting like this movie is failing? Reception is pretty positive. Just because you hate MCU movies to be contrarians doesn't mean everyone does

We don't hate MCU movies, we just hate women. And black people. Put me in the screenshot.

It's a new Black Panther, probbaly with lesser number but still butthurt /pol/r9k/tv/.
The funny thing is, I really loathe Larson. Not going to watch this shit. But does not seem like the movie will fail, unless is going to be so preachy some TLJ effect happens.
Wish so, but unlikely.

>Doesn't mention Jews

Yeah, keep fucking moving, Rabbi. You are NOT one of >we.

>Can't even beat the opening weekend on legendary

Attached: gettyimages-155583826-1024x1024.jpg (682x1024, 279K)

There are tens of millions of democrats in the united states. times the price of a movie ticket is the bare minimum a marvel movie would make for their worst movie.

>*Cries over a fucking movie*

Why are white men like this? Is it just Yea Forums?

Attached: 12753341414134.png (500x500, 88K)

poltvs feelings were hurt by some comment or tweet or something, thats it