Thoughts on The Critic?

Attached: 1569216145443.jpg (512x512, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YigM-F4oSIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It stinks!

It was okay.

To be honest, I haven't watched it since I became an adult, but it has some funny clips.

I should probably catch up.

I like it

I remember it mainly for his little insult song and dance number.

Goodnight Porky!
You made me look so dorky!
They killed you in New Yorky!
I hope you rot in Hell!

What do you mean "it okay"?

Yes Mr. Sherman, everything stinks.

Attached: GTijP1B.jpg (639x452, 21K)

BUY MY BOOK! BUY MY BOOK!

>TFW "Rocky 6: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4" will NEVER be real

Came here to say this. Leaving satisfied.

Your mother stinks.

Fpbp

Not the same guy, but I find it aged poorly. Like, not terribly, some of the episodes are hilariously prophetic actually, but for the most part, the jokes are dated and references tough to get even if you were alive back in the day. I imagine the show would be in large part gibberish for the kids.

Some jokes are good, but some fall completely, embarassingly flat.

Overall, not a bad show, but not nearly as good as Yea Forums paints it.

Awesome show and I would love a continuation.

Attached: 1488061866.digimaru_jay_and_raditz_lo_res.png.jpg (1280x1052, 237K)

Yes, Mr. Sherman. Everything stinks.

adored it. some of maurice lamarche's best work.
>How'd he die, anyway?
>He died of a heart attack after a doing stupid song and dance.
>nnng..

>Take that, Guernica!
Something's wrong with you if you think the dated references somehow ruin the jokes. Back in the day, you GOT SMARTER in order to understand good tv shows
Jay would be ashamed of you
we need the wisdom of the critic today more than ever, but... it wouldn't work. and so many people are dead.

Fantastic show with advice in it that people on this board and people in general should follow more closely.
youtu.be/YigM-F4oSIE

>or if it costs money, or if I have nobody to go with...

Decent show that had more jokes flop than hit, but the jokes that did hit made it worth the watch.

Attached: critic.webm (640x480, 1.25M)

How would he fare with the MCU?

Attached: gold-carousel-Avengers_1521973095.jpg (880x440, 65K)

He would hate modern cartoons and comics

There really is nothing quite as annoying as being against something and suggesting that it's winning or getting some special treatment when the reverse is true.

I don't think it's remotely fair to say this show had more flops than hits though. It did have that classic rapidfire humor, where you could get away with that, if it were true though. A comedy style meant to just burn through a bunch of lines and hope a few hit, if not, move on to the next.. but because it was so consistently good, you ended up laughing so hard for so long, you got a headache

Yeah, it was very much a product of its time, to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if people who weren't alive then don't like it.

This is kind of the problem. Movies didn't stink back when this show was made, that happened later. Almost immediately afterward, as if he saw it coming. Kinda like how The Truman Show came before invasive reality TV was actually much of a thing.
I mean The Critic would constantly make fun of total classics, like original Jurassic Park. maybe because those are the movies people would be most familiar with. Rather than berating the actual flops of the time like Teddy Rex.

Attached: I wonder if he knows I'm really a man.png (480x360, 313K)

another great example, they would periodically take cracks at Disney, including the hilarious "The Cockroach King" segment starring Howard Stern in the titular role with all the animals replaced with new york vermin singing in yiddish, or the fictionalized 90s version of pinocchio where Robin Williams plays the "Beige Fairy"
Yeah a funny knock on celebrity voices in lead roles in animation, except... yknow, Williams was fucking amazing, and the lion king was the last good disney movie. and aside from a random line about an unrelated movie having the nonsequitur title "Puke-ahontas", they never covered the actual downfall of disney after the renaissance's legs got kicked out from under it. It's interesting to imagine what they would actually say now (what disney would LET them say, since they'd own it) if it came back. Now that crap actually IS being churned out, instead of just being a snob about blockbusters being different from art films.

> the lion king was the last good disney movie
Imagine not liking Lilo & Stitch

Attached: 517jzHyixRL.jpg (345x500, 48K)

Duke Philips and Franklin Sherman ruled.

>and the lion king was the last good disney movie.

You could have said The Hunchback of Notre Dame or Mulan.

The Cockroach King was a overall jab at Disney's family-friendly image. Point being Disney wouldn't make a movie featuring gross animals (New York City vermin), set in a gross place (New York was still viewed as gross at this time) with voice acting by gross people (early 90's Howard Stern, enough said)

The "beige Fairy" was a jab at celebrity voices; but more so that Robin William's standup was very dirty and raunchy. Robin could have been "James Gunned" himself even back in the day.

Without Alice, Jay would have also dated traps. He even got to fuck Humphrey the Hippo.