Yea Forums before the SU movie

>Yea Forums before the SU movie
Steven needs to stop feeling bad for every villain with a sob story.
>Yea Forums after the SU movie
What the fuck? Why didn’t he hug her?

Attached: 6344FD6C-C43C-4BD2-8D84-1049F5AAA528.jpg (292x255, 23K)

*fug

can we just ban all the stevenfags? this is a plague

Yea Forums finally learned empathy when they saw a villain's backstory involved being ghosted.

1. Stop forgiving all the time, its always the same,
2. We know you're gonna do it anyways, don't be a dick, hug her

There, done. You're welcome

Spinel should've gotten clocked

Attached: 1568089998462.jpg (689x1199, 175K)

Based

>Steven needs to stop feeling bad for every villain with a sob story.
There were no villains with a sob story.
The closest we ever had was Lapis and she was hardly ever a villain.
Watch the show.

Attached: 000462522.jpg (640x466, 29K)

the problem was before, that the villains didn't really feel like they deserved a redemption.
And now that she finally created one that people can sympathize with...they still did it, but just with the bear minimum.

It's like, if you're going to redeem someone, at least do it right, you know?

Previous villains were dictators. This villain was a toy who was abandoned and experienced what I'm sure counts as torture for thousands of years. Spinel was a serious threat who almost destroyed Earth, I won't deny that, but she is definitely more deserving of sympathy than the fucking diamonds.

Unlike the result of co Steven can see an emotionally broken dead weight.

can I say heck here?

The villains in the main series did far worse things than Spinel and had little excuses.

>Steven needs to stop feeling bad for people who don't deserve sympathy

FTFY

No character got redemption besides Peridot. Two years and the Diamonds still are basically retards who barely do good because of Steven Not only that but Jasper, Eyeball and Aquamarine actively refused to be redeemed and Spinel had to go live with the Diamonds because Steven couldn't make it work..

Jesus fuck user, no.

Well he could but he just didn’t really want to.

Also true, but I can't blame him

What about steven peloverse

Attached: d68f64898a5400ceff0dfcdf12ea5422.jpg (920x636, 29K)

Essentially this. The reason why everyone thought the redemption of The Diamonds was bullshit was that:
1. It was rushed
And 2. They did not deserve to be redeemed for all the shit they've done.
The reason why everyone loves Spinel despite being yet another villain redeemed is that she has a tragic backstory that actually warrants a redemption.

The Diamonds are autisimo ants who consume because...they consume. There's no reason beyond petty revenge why they shouldn't be rehabilitated. Comparisons to nazis don't work because they're not actively targeting organic life to murder.

>she was hardly ever a villain
She's a villain after what she did to Peridot.

No one expected spinel to be so tragic. The ads had her just laughing menacingly so we expected a hardcore xj-9 killbot, not toy story.

But we still exterminate ants.

A fair point, but these ants are actually intellgient beyond their base actions. They've done terrible things, so put them to work. Make them fix it like Steven is doing. Do some good for the universe instead of evil.

I think white walking into her former colonies would probably cause more issues than solutions if every step she takes inadvertently crushes denizens. She's just too fucking big.

That's both terrible and also really amusing.

Yellow probably stepped on some innocent cattle and was so upset that she got guts on her foot that she stomped out the entire herd.

Attached: tig_yeets.gif (500x350, 72K)

>What the fuck? Why didn’t he hug her?
So did they actually choose to not let Steven hug her, or was that just a mistake?

>Why didn’t he hug her?
Because SU fans are very childlike and very easily confused, they didn't get concerned about the lack of kisses because he solved one problem with nice kisses, but where are the hugs? The bright colors are supposed to have hugs and kisses to make everything all better. You're not supposed to think, you're supposed to get hugs and kisses, where are the hugs?

Some valid arguments I would consider were:
• she actually almost murdered him when she dropped him, knowing he didn't have his powers
• he had to be careful because she's emotionally unstable and relied too much on the idea of him being her new best friend because she no longer had pink but did have dependency issues
• he was afraid of her because she reset all his friends, and was a wild card because she still showed signs of being unstable even when she was reset
It would've been nice but steven didn't owe her anything. She was upset and wanted others to understand that she was hurt but lashed out at those who tried to help, like steven. He couldn't just hug away her problems. He even considered leaving her in her reset form if it meant he could get the injector out without her gaining her memories back, which is a dick move if you expect him to behave like he did on the show but honestly kind of realistic irl if you're dealing with someone crazy and you want them drugged into complacency so they don't cause any further harm..

>who consume because...they consume.
We think. We actually don't know why White does what she does because we barely saw her before the finale and then she lost her composure and instantly gave up.

My god this show is absolute shit, just all around absolute shit, how do you stomach this? Seriously? It can't be for the potential when they literally just slapped it all dead at every turn, whats there to watch besides Rainbow Brite with a fat kid?

The most common answer people seem to give for the absolute garbage finale is that they thought this was the last season, everyone swears that up and down so they had to rush in White's redemption and all the fusions, even though those aren't supposed to work when you're not in sync and that was a pretty big deal. On the other hand, we've got Escapism, so yeah they just suck as writers.

Are you bipolar?

Cartoons are always the problem.

>Steven, Garnet and Pearl
>Not in sync
Are you a retard? They spent five seasons becoming in sync. Amethyst is literally the only fusion in the show that required an arc because there was nothing else going in besides Jasper so they could easily devote time for it.

It's obvious CN didn't renew them until far too late and they assumed they were cancelled. It was rushed, but if you think CYM is considered even merely OK by the vast majority you're very naive.

The writers do indeed suck. I don't know how people defend them when they basically wrote off lapis' life of being used as a tool for thousands of years, and less than a year later after being freed, she came to terms with it and was cool around those who held her like that for all that time. She should've at least clocked pearl in the nose.

>They spent five seasons becoming in sync
They were literally rocks right then. Sleeping rocks! Rocks that couldn't wake up and specifically were asleep! Are you retarded? This is rewriting everything that fusions were up to this point, you don't even have to do anything but grab hold of a part of them and maybe be on good terms? They don't have to know about it.

>but if you think CYM is considered even merely OK by the vast majority you're very naive.
I mean I kind of hope its not, it would be pretty depressing if she plopped a half-baked, rushed, broken and plothole ridden mess in front of them and said this was the grand finale to the Diamond's arcs and everyone thought it was OK. I'm not going to say there aren't those that do, I saw people defending the movie when it made no sense narrative and could be solved as soon as it starts, but I at least hope they didn't just accept it. Even normies made TLJ have the biggest weekend dropoff in history.

>It's obvious CN didn't renew them until far too late and they assumed they were cancelled.
And they still spent an episode on watermelon steven in a pretty badly made and boring metaphor instead of doing a single episode with White. They chose this, they thought the show was ending and made damn sure they got in the Watermelon Steven episode that has nothing to with the plot instead of developing their main antagonist.

>stop disscusing cartoons on a cartoon abd comic board

I actually found Spinel annoying and super clingy, she was designed to be the playmate for a toddler, no wonder Pink got tired fast.

The movie was in the works since at least 2017 if not earlier. And sugar has been kind of autistically vague with her interviews about the next season(s) so I'm guessing they need the diamonds to fight off the next big bad sneeple?. Sugar probably has a guarantee to run the show for another 2-3 years if not more.

B a s e d

It's either going to be the First Order or Yuuzhan Vong, if there absolutely has to be a new enemy. Both would feel hackish.

>The movie was in the works since at least 2017 if not earlier.
That's really depressing. I get from interviews she doesn't get a lot of debate on her works, but nobody at any point pointed out that she should probably write a reason he can't go get the diamonds and just end that whole movie instantly? Nobody pointed out that the kissing idea to fix it at the end actually wouldn't work because its a liquid and they're on a beach. Nobody told her in years that maybe, just maybe, the whole drill is just one massive plothole after another, and as a result any threat or sense of urgency is already hampered before you made everyone have a concert with it in plain view instead of running away? The movie was just badly written, and nobody warned her.

>Yuuzhan Vong
If they go that route then white better have a smug "I told you so" moment when more gem soldiers are needed. Or some borg type villain that isn't necessarily evil, but doing something because it deemed it necessary for the survival of itself and other species.

>he can't go get the diamonds
The explanation in the movie from him was "they were smothering me" and that was good enough apparently...
It just made him seem like an even more of a dick by not granting them any personal time with him because they lost pink and want him in their lives now, then he just fucks off to earth like she did. Sure, he doesn't want to be treated by them like how they treated pink but if the point of cym was to show how they could be redeemed then actually show it in the movie where the time skip is a plot point.

>It just made him seem like an even more of a dick by not granting them any personal time with him
Ah no, the dick portion would be him being okay with risking all organic life on the planet dying in a goo melting filled/suffocating/starving death because he doesn't want to talk to his clingy grandmas and have them turn off the hellmachine currently boring into his planet. That's just a wee bit of a bigger cunt move than not wanting to hang out with them, he literally views all human, plant and animal life as lower in worth than him being annoyed for a bit. Don't believe in Steven, he doesn't care about you.

>it's bad if pink does it
>it's ok if steven does it because he has a penis

What did he do his mom was chastised for?