Attached: JUST.jpg (922x602, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmicbook.news/jj-abrams-recasting-superman-henry-cavill-out
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Zack Snyder.

Mustache

Fake and gay.

Poorly received first film
Somehow even worse sequel (which also kills him)
Entertaining performance in Justice League overshadowed by CGI mustache scandal and the film's overall poor performance

What's the lesson here? Never trust a hack to write your screenplays nor let another hack direct them.

Attached: 1516456349373.gif (480x270, 1.21M)

Good job hiding the fake news site name mate.

cosmicbook.news/jj-abrams-recasting-superman-henry-cavill-out

>What went wrong?
Everything.
Actually Cavill was one of the least bad parts of that entire unfortunate cinematic universe abortion. But they ruined him with that retarded last minute Clutch Cargo 1950s CGI technology and retarded casting, writing, and plot decisions which were the themselves the product of two separate and each already independently retarded ideas for writing and plot decisions.

On a FARM?!

Attached: 12172982.jpg (300x300, 52K)

JJ Abrams is now directing which means expect hack shit

>JJ Abrams on his way to kill another franchise
ANOTHER HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON

Zack Snyder is one of the few good guys left in the movie industry if we're being honest. I always hated how all this comic book shit is such sanitized kiddy shit. Like what if Spider-Man was a pedophile? Now we're looking at something raw, real and provocative. He saves the city but he also abuses children. It has ambiguity.

As much as I don't like him that's still a massive step up from Snyder or Whedon.

They've been rumors for ages and Disney shills are getting desperate after weeks of bad news. In the remote case this is true, Jar Jar Abrams just made a big deal with WB and the studio wants to justify the money invested so they allegedelly send him to the development hell of Superman and Jar Jar Abrams is a team player so he won't say no like other directors, even if most probably he believes Superman is lame like most people do. Expect a sanitized, by-the-number cape flick that could be about any superhero

Attached: Damage Control Task Force.png (600x400, 341K)

Goddamn that gif is so fucking accurate

Use your subversive thought provoking shit on new IP. Leave the already established characters alone.

STOP RIGHT THERE INVINCIBLE SON

Attached: 1401710384022.jpg (1920x800, 675K)

>what if spidey was a pedo
>not batman, the guy who spends every night with kids in spandex

>Zack Snyder is one of the few good guys left in the movie industry if we're being honest.
If we're being honest Snyder is the retard who made this happen and couldn't go more than two seconds without cramming another gratuitous God metaphor into a plot that already didn't know what to do with itself.

Attached: lex.jpg (780x438, 68K)

>Like what if Spider-Man was a pedophile? Now we're looking at something raw, real and provocative. He saves the city but he also abuses children. It has ambiguity.
This bait is so fucking bad it doesn't deserve a fish

Cavill want too much money, no director in Hollywood want to touch Superman with a tentpole (the reason why Snyder directed MoS in the first place) and Jar Jar Abrams is soft-rebooting the franchise into his cookie-cutter, mystery boxed, bland crap

Attached: supersmile.jpg (1280x1024, 202K)

These characters are corporate pets. They were created precisely for having different interpretations. There isn't a definitive take

he's dry as fuck, one of the worst supermans to date

>green arrow spawns a television universe
>wondy and aquaman are the breakout stars in the movies
>superman scares children

Attached: brave-and-the-bold.jpg (612x380, 198K)

>There isn't a definitive take
Man, if only there was a universe in which 90% of the stories involving those characters existed.

Man of Steel and BvS proved that your subversive take fails, while stories like The Boys work because they don't change the core of an existing character to tell their story.

>DDUUUDE MARVEL IS LIKE, REALLY DUMB. WE CAN HAVE OUR AVENGERS WITH WAY LESS MOVIES AND MAKE AS MUCH MONEY!
>Oh shit

>muh free market
>free

Attached: Trump movies.jpg (1945x693, 315K)

If DC can find another young Christopher Reeves to play a rebooted Superman, they could turn everything around. The public wants it soooooooo badly, but DC/WB is so afraid to do it because they feel that kind of hero is not in fashion.

just make a fucking light hearted superman movie that starts with superman being supper happy with his friends and family while also protecting metropolis and then something something luthor, brainiac, whatever happens and puts him in a situation where he can't just punch his way out of the problem so he has to hope and get help or something corny like that

How does JJ still get work?

Don't worry, it'd be the safest, most generic shit possible but with mystery boxes

He's a hack who can't write an ending to save his life, but his stuff does well commercially.

Attached: 1569199781814.png (946x676, 1.17M)

See this thread. People are begging for his crap. Being born in a rich family with the right connections and part of the chosen people help a lot. Also Abrams is a notorious asskisser and trend follower. Those guys tend to perform well in corporate enviroments

>What went wrong?
his american accent sucks. superman is an autists, but he shouldn't talk like one.

You stupid marvel cucks don't know art

Shannon's politely terrified body language tickles me

I remember the Cloverfield marketing campaign on MySpace in 2007-08.

Man, that movie fucking sucked.

I'm a DC fan. Why do you think I'm so mad about it?

>people blame Lost's ending on Lindelof
>he goes on to make The Leftovers which is absolute kino and uses ambiguity to reinforce the themes rather than act as a copout
>meanwhile JJ continues to shit up franchise after franchise and leaves other people to clean up

>ditching zack snyder
Cool
>replacing it with JJ
Ehh.

Fpbp

>JJ Abrams is now directing which means expect 80%+ RT score in exchange for the blandest movies imaginable
FTFY

the main plot twist would be that CLART KENT WAS SUPERMAN THE ENTIRE TIME!

They want synder to be memoryholed.

Hello fellow KnY bro.

So, just like every single SOnY/MARVEL movie then

bald

See Also this. As much as I want fun, even adventurous Superman, Abrams fucking sucks too and all he does is shallow, hollow nostalgia bait, so expect more Donner Superman bullshit when I want ORIGINAL takes.

Jesus, fuck off with this shit.

Reinventing Lex as a self-absorbed techbro isn't the worst idea, and since he already played the Facebook guy, I can see the thinking, but yeah this didn't work at all.

>that's still a massive step up from Snyder or Whedon.
>still a massive step up
Like how cancer is a step up from aids

Jesus Christ JJ stop posting. No one likes your hack shit. Your self insert in that Spider-Man comic where you killed off peters wife and he has a terrible relationship with his son is very telling about your personal life.

I hate this actor to my core, jewish nepotism is the only way I can explain how he gets parts

JJ and Spielberg are both hacks

>Like what if Spider-Man was a pedophile?
As a genuine Snyder fan, go the fuck to hell you brain damaged fucking psychotic troll.

>Man of Steel and BvS proved that your subversive take fails, while stories like The Boys work because they don't change the core of an existing character to tell their story.
But Snyder didn't change the characters cores in any fucking way, he changed the world around them and didn't give them "can't fail plot armor", that is it.

We aren't fucking asking for despicable fuck ups who don't give a fuck about human life like the Seven, we just want genuine noble heroes who tangibly struggle and make mistakes or compromises which is what Snyder gave us.

>What if Spiderman was a pedophile
Fucking kek

>he changed the world around them and didn't give them "can't fail plot armor", that is it.
I'd argue that is a pretty shitty idea in and of itself, because when I watch/read Superman, I want to see the DC universe, but more specifically, the Superman mythos, in all of its bright, weird, fantastic, and sometimes dark, glory.

It's like if you took Batman, kept him the same, but made a Gotham that were brighter and less rife with crime. It wouldn't fucking work.

Working the marks into a seething shoot

bump

Your analogy doesn't work because a Batman in a clean Gotham serves no purpose while a Superman in a colorful happy fantasy land like you want is a flashlight on a bright sunny beach. The world & people need to be flawed so that he has a world to elevate like his father wanted. A world where virtually the entire population is his personal cheerleaders like in the Reeves films does not work.

Gotta excerise the Synder

JJ is a fine director

JJ is a terrible, TERRIBLE writer

Snyder was the problem

Attached: SHAZAM.jpg (639x518, 85K)

>while a Superman in a colorful happy fantasy land like you want is a flashlight on a bright sunny beach.
I mean, Superman still has various supervillains to fight. There's no reason why THEY can't be evil. Don't forget corrupt politicians, businessmen, or generals like Golden Age or Morrison's AC.

>A world where virtually the entire population is his personal cheerleaders like in the Reeves films does not work.
Nigga, Superman is THE superhero force of good. I absolutely want people cheering him on considering the man does nothing BUT good for the people.

Nigger have you watched Superman the Animated Series? His world is cynical, jaded and filled with cosmic horror. Not everything has to be grimdark to be grounded you edgy toddler

I like that Yea Forums is too fucking dumb to realize this post is just a slightly altered Snyder quote

>>bumping your own troll thread

That show was legit great, had some retard critics though

>HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR THEY DIDNT TELL US WHAT HAPPENED THIS IS LOST ALL OVER AGAIN

why are they making Suicide Squad, BoP and Joker movies?

Attached: 1560253584973.png (800x450, 609K)

It's been working in the comics for over fifty years.

Oh I'm fine with some people cheering I just want them to openly acknowledge like Snyder did that there would be vast assortment of reactions like there would in the real world.
I don't consider Mos or Bvs to be even remotely grimdark.

Grimdark = The Boys comic, Nemesis, Ultimatum cannibalism.

Dceu = Earth One or Ultimates 1 & 2 minus anything close to the shock value of cannibal hulk or Murder Pym.

So what you're saying is that it was bait

The Superman comics have had a wide range of tones. Compare All Star to the arc with Manchester Black committing suicide for example.

>Oh I'm fine with some people cheering I just want them to openly acknowledge like Snyder did that there would be vast assortment of reactions like there would in the real world.
Maybe at first but by the billionth time Superman prevents some disaster and asks for nothing in return, they should probably fucking love the guy by that point.

Now when it comes to the Big 2 superhero comics, I see both universes as being grounded somewhat in reality, and that's fine, because that's where that sense of relatability comes from, but at the same time, both have a real sense of wonder and a lot of really cool fantastic elements to them that I feel that MoS and BvS completely left out simply because they wanted to tell Snyder's shitty "realistic" take on the whole thing, which he didn't even do well anyway.

>Dceu = Earth One
And that's the problem. Superman: EO sucked.

Expect Superman: Flyby

>one apologize
>2 movies
>not a single one

Attached: MoS cocky.jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

iron is better than steel for humanity

Attached: 1403357600329.jpg (1920x800, 253K)

>>A universe where Batman murders people with guns because Joker tortured Robin to death, and an alien invasion left a city completely flattened and tens of thousands dead, ended only by the brutal execution of the leader by a character defined by not killing his enemies
>>Not grimdark

BvS is unironically the best capeshit

There should be a DC logo over supperman so this makes sense

It is a neat idea but neat ideas mean jack shit if you botch the execution. They didn't even really play up the Silicon Valley tech personality thing, it was just Jesse Eisenburg acting like a sperg, spouting shit about God and how much he hated his daddy while pissing in jars.

>finally get rid of Snyder
>replace him with fucking Abrams
God, sometimes I think WB rivals Sony in just how bad they mismanage their IPs. At least Sony knew when to abort that shit in the womb, WB just keeps going until it's too late to properly course correct.

Attached: Alan Moorer.jpg (259x195, 7K)

yeah it's basically all Snyder's fault and i don't get why he was hired in the first place. literally since Dawn of the Dead his movies consistently get worse and worse scores with the next movie doing worse than the last. man of steel broke that but it still didn't do good and probably only broke it because it's superman.

Joker and Harley sells even if the movies are dogshit. I at least have a mild sliver of hope for Suicide Squad since I always enjoy Gunn's movies to some degree. Bird's of Prey just looks like another Suicide Squad to me except instead of trying to hastily edit a grimdark movie into GotG they just made a GotG ripoff from the outset.

Attached: 1379156771250s.jpg (169x250, 7K)

Abrahms could never make a "nerd franchise movie" as good as the Avengers.

He killed all interest there was in Star Trek movies even though the cast had a lot of potential.

And Star Wars was only a success because he made a copy of a new hope, along with some shitty mystery boxes he had no idea what to do with which is why the franchise is such a mess right now.

He's a parasite attaching himself to famous franchises and ruining them.

>can fly, super strengh to break neck, super power, super hearing etc

>Doesnt help world nor rebuilds broken city, let alone smallville

>i don't get why he was hired in the first place
Nepotism
His wife is an executive producer at WB. Also apparently Nolan wanted him on-board as well. Though that later part is only confirmed for MoS, he was definitely only brought back on for BvS due to his wife.

If true (and honestly, after all the unfounded rumor we've heard I won't believe it until we get official WB press releases) JJ takes another step towards being my most despised director of all time, only after Rian Johnson.

you knew why bat is safe

Attached: 1379384019970.jpg (1920x1465, 945K)

kek

Attached: 1455950338459.gif (245x183, 916K)

>McGloin

All they had to do is adapt World's Finest. Then go into building up to Justice League with solo movies sharing a granny goodness subplot. The JL1 is granny, barda, furies, and mr miracle. Some more solos. Orion gets a movie to fill in Apocalypse and Darkseid. JL2 is brainiac. Power Girl & Atlee movie as an r rated cheese cake comedy. Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. Fate & Zatanna. Lex Luthor becomes a hero in his own movie. JL3 is Darkseid

He makes good and commercially succesful movies. Dawn of the Dead, 300, and Watchmen were all well received and made a lot of money.

He's a good director, he just sucks when he's writing. He makes really dumb creative decisions so he has to be reigned in quite a bit.

>JJ Abrams is now directing
He is not a bad director. But is he writing it too?

Watchmen bombed hard

Gay superman when

No. It's tasty bait.
You can see the hook, but the worm is succulent.
It has a nice cadence, it satirizes real world attitudes in a soft understated manner, and the scenario it paints is plain funny.
This bait gets a 10/10 from me.

Literally "my sources say"

Now I'm not saying this won't happen since the writing's been on the wall for too long but get better sources

obvious bait when pedophilia being ambiguous.

I would be fine with Abrams directing if he pulled the impossible and made casuals like Superman again.

>if he pulled the impossible and made casuals like Superman again.
It's not even that hard. They did it in the 70's, they did it with Lois and Clark, they did it with the DCAU and with Smallville. Just end this MUH JESUS shit

They thought it would be a good idea to make a 'Dark and edgy' Superman movie, which is such an obviously bad idea it boggles my mind anyone could have seriously considered it, let alone actually go for it.

Imagine if they had made a hopeful one, in this day and age. Defiance of darkness and despair.

How do you misread this oldest and most archetypal of cape characters so badly?

That's where they fucked up. It's OK to have Superman in a dark and cynical world just as long as he isn't dark and cynical himself. He shouldn't be letting his dad die and snapping necks

Attached: superman-brighter.png (1008x634, 181K)

The Abrams reboot will be like star trek or star wars. It'll be fine. But age poorly. And burn out after one movie.

He wasn't trying to make it dark and edgy. That's the thing. Zack literally thought he was being deeper than Nolan in doing a superman in the real world with real consequences. Then he fucked it completely up

The troubling part however would be the JJ Abrahams bit.

Henry Cavill played a soulless Superman. no warmth, no acting abilities, just garbage.

I legitimately believe that Henry Cavill could have given a decent performance. Unfortunately the odds were stacked against him. Zack Synder is not an actor director. He is a CGI visuals action guy. David S Goyer is an awful writer. He can't do dialogue. He has admitted this himself. He can do a rough structure but can't really do individual scenes. Goyer needs a good director to get by. Unfortunately he had Synder.

It was the perfect storm. I really think that Henry with a better script and direction could have been alright. Unfortunately all he got give was look miserable, stare, and talk like a weirdo.

>in doing a superman in the real world with real consequences.
Ok let's just take this one scene. Apparently they are within 100' of a super-instant-death-tornado, but no one is being subjected to more than 10mph winds, even Pa the moment before he is being beamed up. He's teleported out by the tornado because of the contrived "my foot is stuck". Everyone is standing less than 100' away under an overpass, which Midwesterners are taught is one of the WORST places to sit out a tornado. Pa is dying for bullshit reasons, Clark is letting him die for super-bullshit reasons, this entire scene is a badly conceived plot device to make Clark a drifter-outcast til hes 33 (33!).
Man of Steel is nothing but people reacting in hokey fashion to hokey situations, exactly like most movie written by Goyer, including the Nolan films.
It is NOT grounded, it is not "realistic".

Attached: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (320x180, 2.34M)

>Yamete, muteki shonen.

People who think "Dour and Dark" makes whimsical superhero movies more "realistic" are dumb. Same for people who think that distant-shot scenes washed out with blaring primary colors are "great cinematography".
They are to film-making what Mama June is to gourmet cooking.

The hairline.

You misunderstood me user. I wasn't defending the film at all. I fucking despite it.

I was saying that, Zack Synder honestly thought he was making a realistic depiction of Superman in the modern world.

That was literally his intent and that is how much he fucked it up.

He makes safe, bland movies that perform well, so the suits love him. He's also a jack of all trades, producing, writing and directing films.

He may be creatively bankrupt, but he's an asset to whoever he works for. Also the first Star Trek reboot was fun for what it was, but that second film can fuck off.

Everything Spielberg has made after Jurassic Park has been mediocre. But Jurassic Park is fucking rad so fuck you buddy.

>made casuals like Superman again
Casuals never liked Superman. He's the most boring character in the history of fiction.

It's obviously a joke you retard.

A joke. It's a joke. Does no one hear comprehend jokes? Are you all that autistic?