Is their anything like this show in any other artistic medium?

Is their anything like this show in any other artistic medium?

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/aardman/status/989542159283118080
youtu.be/_0n5_tU1ZgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Chicken Run

Anomalisa and unironically Bojack Horseman and R&M.

Regarding your question, I think ghost world is pretty depressing, but not in the same way as Moral Orel.

No, it's unique because it had a purpose being a parody of christian entertainment
Davey and Goliath was born out of complaints from parents in the 60's of the lack of christian value entertanmeint on Television, it was one the first "pureflix" type of content that created wave of media (christian rock, christian video games, christian schools, etc) that would be produced for christian families that woudn't allow kids to consume anything else. It was not made JUST for christians and was not made to be the only cartoon kids would watch, but in a lot of case it was how it was treated, one of the few "pure" cartoons on TV
The characters live in "Moralton", a society fenced from the rest of the world, just like some christian families fence thenselfs from the outside world to keep the sins out, but the sins com from inside of every man and woman and not from the outside world, so of course they surface all around. It tells about how american christianity sometimes is given as a product, a sign of status or just a fence that would protect us from the darkness of the world if we live inside of it forever, but christianity says that the darkness actually lives inside us

>bojack and Rick and Morty
Not at all like it, it's masturbation material for people who like to make thier own problems while simultaneously refusing responsibility. Shitty self insert MC and attempts at seriousness are hamfisted and worse than the R&M. Being a bad person doesn't make you smart or attractive it just makes you a bad person.

Megg Mogg and Owl scratches the same itch. And, fittingly enough, some of the albums of The Mountain Goats. Black comedy that slowly slides into just pitch-black bleakness.

Does anyone have a Mega for this show? I always wanted to try watching it.

It would be funny if Flanders and Orel got to escape their world for a day to see how much better it is out here in the real world.

I AM DROWNING

>AGGGHH A&E TIER DRAMA BUT WITH *STOP MOTION* THAT'S SUPPPSED TO REMIND ME OF ANIMATION I WASN'T EVEN ALIVE TO WITNESS?? EPIC!!

Attached: 1569131374435.jpg (210x240, 19K)

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the man with no taste!

OP posted the "I hope we both die" scene, aome episodes of R&M and Bojack have similar moments. Most episodes are not like that, tho.

I don't even know what this is trying to convey.

Attached: fritatta.jpg (750x542, 157K)

That last season got fucking real. It went a little over the top from time to time but the stuff with Clay and Bloberta was really well done.
Anyway like said Megg Mogg and Owl scratches that same natural slide back and forth from comedy to real life misery pretty well although MMO is more of a millennial stoner kind of misery.

He thinks all cartoons should be for children, and not be reaired more than a year after they first come out. He thinks anything that pays homage to that which came before it, or alternatively parodies that which came before it, is "cashing in on nostalgia" even though this particular show started and ended before the real cash-in era got into full swing. He thinks he has a higher iq because he doesn't waste time watching what he thinks is garbage, but doesn't notice that he spends 14 hours a day on this website.

RaM has the most bland, generic characters ever wtf are you talking about

Oh, user, I see you've encountered your very first "random internet contrarian". No, they don't have any rationale for their posts, and no, they will never ever go away.

Attached: 1523251359931.png (870x393, 194K)

FROM THE HOUSETOPS TO THE GUTTERS

FROM THE OCEAN TO THE SHORE

OREL'S DADDY HAS A SMALL DICK AND HE MARRIED A WHORE

Even the episodes of those shows that try to be 'dark' are shallow and generally shit because all the charecters are dumbass in non entertaining ways with no depth beyond you want bad things to happen to them because they are dumbasses. Bojack horseman tries desperately to approximate emotion but it's always in some retarded 'ironic' way.

Youtube, seriously

Bruh, both of those shows relentlessly shit on people for causing their own problems. What are you even talking about?

shit Does liking The Mountain Goats make me a sodboy?

Sadly no.
I know there is a torrent of the whole show on the Pirate Bay though.

Why would it

I don't remember that lyric

*Ahem

Fuck my wife
Fuck my dad
Fuck my job
Fuck Moralton

But must of all, fuck Orel

Attached: 7FB6CC8F-54FC-4E08-B916-B2C53CE06365.jpg (904x904, 169K)

Did you like that bleak feeling that comes from monotony? Realizing that you made terrible choices but you're too far gone to change anything? Megg, Mogg, and Owl's probably your best bet. It'll make you feel gross but is completely right that it'll scratch that same schadenfreude itch.
I also wanted to recommend Dream Corp LLC's better episodes but that's an acquired shit taste.

Attached: Dreamcorp LLC.jpg (825x464, 71K)

I get that both shows have similar moments but they don't reach the same emotional depth as Moral Orel (or MMO either). It feels like the creators of the latter two genuinely went through shitty life periods and drew from experience

There is so much fiction and entertainment out there that I'm sure there's something else like Moral Orel, but I haven't been able to find it. What I love the most about Moral Orel is that it starts out absolutely, cartoonishly silly, in such a way that you would never suspect it could reach the heights of drama that it does. But it does. I've gone through everything on the TV Tropes page for Cerebus syndrome, and there's nothing there (to my knowledge) that does it to the same extent as Moral Orel. It's one of a kind.

Mountain Goats are top tier user, don't be ashamed. In fact, don't let anyone convince you to dislike the shit you like.

Probably but all that means is that you like something some retards on Yea Forums don't approve of. The term is meaningless.

I like the mountain goats and yes, you're the basedest boy out there next to AJJ fans.

>none of them have laid eggs
>flying lessons have gone nowhere
>Ginger yells at them explaining that they're all going to die while also basically calling them fat
>Rocky returning to the group to find everyone depressed
I really hope the sequel is that good at emotional punches.

Attached: chicken run noose.jpg (1600x900, 144K)

I'm more partial to The Antlers but AJJ is bretty good yes

Horace & Pete

>sequel
what
why

twitter.com/aardman/status/989542159283118080
Might be good.

Attached: I HAVE FAITH.png (392x719, 189K)

Christ, why is there one of you faggots in every thread where Bojack comes up? I'll be the first to admit that the writing is weaker in some parts than it is in others, but the show absolutely does not do what you're saying it does. It's like the people who come into MM&O threads to whinge about the comic is allegedly glorifying the behavior of the titular characters.

Depends on what you mean by that question. If you mean "initially silly show that gets deeply existential and depressing while balancing silliness" Bojack Horseman would unironically be the closest thing to it. Of course, Bojack tends to lay it on a bit thick and I've seen people who were initially obsessed with it get turned off by the third or fourth season.

Anomalisa is from the same creator but it's much less silly from what I remember. It feels much more like a serious, grounded movie that just happens to be stop-motion for extra art house points, but that doesn't mean it isn't good.

I've heard people recommend Rick and Morty, but that's a little silly. It has some emotional moments but it doesn't have anywhere near the depth or complexity that Moral Orel or even Bojack did. The characters problems are fairly petty in comparison. Rick, for example, is actually a very depressed person who tries to drown it in hedonism, but he's actually lived a fairly fulfilling and rewarding life. He's basically a manchild with wizard powers living out an extended college road trip. Things really aren't that bad for him like they are for Orel, or Bojack.

My only wish for Anomalisa is that I wanted it to get a bit more surreal. But I guess that's because of the medium Kaufman was working with. By making his animated film that has the potential to become surreal the most realistic film of his, he contrasted his live action work. Movie was still overall weak, unfortunately. It edged towards surrealism, but then backed away before it hit a point that I would've liked to see.

Speaking of the Mountain Goats, the one other song of theirs not from "Tallahassee" that feels in line with the show is "Family Happiness" from the 2000 album "The Coroner's Gambit." It's probably my favorite song from the band even though it was recorded on a cheap tapedeck and consequently sounds very lo-fi and rough.

youtu.be/_0n5_tU1ZgY

You can always count on John Darnielle for striking lyricism, but this song especially speaks to me on a deeper level in a way that "No Children" doesn't even reach.
>I mouth my silent curses at you
>I can see my breath
>I hope the stars don't even come out tonight
>I hope we both freeze to death

This lyric is also really tight:
>Look at the person I've turned into
>Well tell me, how do you like me now?

Attached: coroner.jpg (936x936, 144K)

It disappoints me immensely that we never got to see the rest of what was planned for season 3. We were definitely moving in a grim, apocalyptic direction where all the despair and disorder simmering beneath the surface of the town was boiling over into all of the townsfolks' lives.
>tfw we never got an episode where an adult Orel visits Clay and Bloberta for the first time in almost two decades, whereupon he finds an elderly Clay lost in a haze of senility and drunkenness.

Attached: 1467923254730.jpg (236x237, 12K)

Anyone who's completely serious about using that insult towards you over something as petty as music taste is the real sodboy. It's a total cope on his part over his probably abysmal taste (or he's a old school death/thrash metal fanboy twat who feels the need to gatekeep and put non-metal fans down).

If I want to watch this show, should I start with S1 or just jump to S2?

Nah, some people legitimately have garbage taste in music. It's mostly normalfags though, not the user you were replying to.

He definitely did, Dino went through a really rough divorce

Subjective taste isn't something you can rigorously define. There's the objective qualities and merits of an album, but the audience reaction and how much they like (or dislike) the album is based on personal inclinations. I have better things to worry about then pointlessly judging non-regular music listeners for something as arbitrary as not meeting my personal standards. People can listen to dumb pop music if they want, it doesn't matter.

>It disappoints me immensely that we never got to see the rest of what was planned for season 3
My guess is that Censordoll was going to fuck things up big time and that the town would end up in a even worse place than where we left it.
Watch the whole thing. The goofy stuff is mostly well done even if it sometimes goes a little far for my tastes but the later seasons put a lot of it in a really grim context.

S1 has its moments.

This

Ok I'm literally cutting off my internet connection now
I can get many things but what you just described
I refuse to believe there is people that retarded living among us

>chicken run
when british comedy was decent.....ohh~

Why care about that user who gives a crap. If you love something that love it who cares what other people say.