What did Simon Pegg mean by this?

Attached: 1521293135168.png (713x938, 622K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bUQfHRfX2o8
youtu.be/mJLmdLRUPtE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BASED

Simon Pegg is a national treasure.

not to the nation that makes star wars

He's british.

Literally nobody actually misses George Lucas

"Part of me looks at society as it is now and just thinks we’ve been infantilised by our own taste. It is a kind of dumbing down in a way. Because it’s taking our focus away from real-world issues. Films used to be about challenging, emotional journeys or moral questions that might make you walk away and re-evaluate how you felt about… whatever. Now we’re walking out of the cinema really not thinking about anything, other than the fact that the Hulk just had a fight with a robot."

>What did Simon Pegg mean by this?

He finally realized he was being mocked.

>TFA
>Rey is a metaphor for Star Wars' future.
>The Millennium Falcon is a metaphor for Star Wars' past.
>Unkar Plutt (played by Simon Pegg) represents the stereotypical hardcore longtime fan of star wars. A bloated, unpleasant and petty collector of junk (trivia and toys) from the wreckage of star destroyers.
>Plutt has possession of both the Falcon and Rey, yet does nothing with either. Their potential is wasted with him.
>Along comes Finn, who sweeps Rey up into a new adventure. Together, they take the Millennium Falcon and leave Unkar Plutt behind.

That this was meant as a mocking jab at the hardcore SW fans by JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy is certain. What is less obvious is whether poor Simon Pegg, the fanboy-turned-actor, realized at the time, that he was being cast as part of that joke.

I think he gets it now.

Attached: tmp_5570-d86932cc4b3b0b63b81c43ca24810ba43f6d9ad4676682435.jpg (600x350, 47K)

Simon pegg really needs to stop having the absolutely right opinions all the time.

you're reading way too far into this

I get told that a lot. But can you deny anything I'm putting forward? If anything, the actions and comments from Kennedy and Abrams since TFA have only reinforced my assessment.

I do, I don;t think the prequels were good at all but he needed to be reigned in, not cut out entirely

Damn, why are there so many people in high positions seemd to be motivated at least partialy by disdain, why is it so usual.

Attached: 158.png (447x378, 11K)

The main problem I see with this is that this theory you're putting forward sounds like they would have had to put thought and intent into it and then executed it with a minimum amount of subtlety. I don't think they're capable of any of that.

we're sorry geroge please come back

Or Star TREK.

but it wasn't subtle.

the man is a visionary, respect him you fucking mouse shill

based and Peggpilled

Attached: C-C4C4PU0AAqewh.jpg (900x1200, 179K)

It is true tho. Prequels had imagination and world building while the current ones are nothing but flanderization of the originals.

Attached: large.jpg (500x625, 42K)

>>Unkar Plutt (played by Simon Pegg) represents the stereotypical hardcore longtime fan of star wars. A bloated, unpleasant and petty collector of junk (trivia and toys) from the wreckage of star destroyers.
>>Plutt has possession of both the Falcon and Rey, yet does nothing with either. Their potential is wasted with him.
>>Along comes Finn, who sweeps Rey up into a new adventure. Together, they take the Millennium Falcon and leave Unkar Plutt behind.
w h o a

Attached: 1514270521440.jpg (640x402, 91K)

>we will never see Georges final trilogy

hold me bros.....

this, I hope someday we get at least a script or even a general story description. I want a REAL finale, not more >muh hope

>the current ones are nothing but flanderization of the originals
Along with literally the entire EU, along with all its books and comics and games and who knows what else.

Face it, SW has always been trash.

who is simon pegg?

somehow a chilling juxtaposition

stupid Flanders

It was going to be about midichlorians, the whills, and the microscopic universe they inhabit.

Disney’s sequels are better than that premise.

Exactly how I feel. I don't like the prequels, and they're incredibly flawed, poorly acted and with a lot of questionable writing and dialogue, but god damnit if they don't FEEL and SOUND like Star Wars as I know it. They actually build on the universe that exists from the original movies, and makes Star Wars feel like a real, and very large world with many moving pieces.

The sequel movies just don't have any of that. They lack that development of the Star Wars universe and condensed everything to be only about these characters that no one even likes and nothing beyond that. Not only are all the characters unlikable, but the plot itself is nonsensical and derivative of what came before. It does nothing new or interesting, it just rehashes without wit. It just convolutes and takes away all of the trials and tribulations that characters went through in the previous films, makes their struggles trivial and worthless since the Universe just had another big baddie organization take over and fuck shit up again seemingly out of no where and with unlimited resources. What happened to Corusant? What happened to the New Republic? Why did everything go to shit for them? Oh wait, we won't even explain anything, because fuck you this is a story we want to tell and we're not going to expand on this world or gives the viewer any information as to the missing pieces, here's some more shitty Rey scenes that no one gives a fuck about.

> It was going to be mythological kino
> Good thing Disney rejected it

JJ's Star Trek reboot baddie was obsessed with the old timeline and couldn't accept that things had changed. Kylo Ren is obsessed with Vader and keeps his helmet in his room. Rey lives in an ATAT and wears a rebel helmet like a star wars loving kid and believes Luke and the Jedi are just a fantasy until it becomes real for her. TFA is all about Star Wars fans and trying to make it come alive for them again.

id rather have something overly ambitious possibly fail than have something predictable and recycled succeed

Just another hypocrite who has been in shit mission impossible movies, shit star wars movies and shit star trek movies desu

stop being retards

Attached: 1502778441204.gif (500x276, 488K)

STAR WARS ALWAYS BAD

Attached: 1548356797841.png (753x960, 29K)

>SIMON PEGG announces that he’s a MAGA fan and SLAMS THE NEW TRILOGY in a SEXIST rant

> shit mission impossible movies
Take it back

Attached: 1475331247577.jpg (360x540, 63K)

clear your thetans some more, tom

RotS is the best Star Wars movie

That he is a brainlet. The Avenger movies can give you thinking material.
Like trying to figure out how the infinity gems work and what they are capable of. What is Thanos take on overpopulation and taxes. And is he correct with his ressource fix or not.

The Marvel movies are good enough to think about philosophical problems, only you have to ask it by yourself, because in the movies they are just presented, not discussed!

Attached: image.jpg (650x918, 145K)

More like a revisionary.

People have this short memories?

Remember that Pegg actually was in TFA, and he started his career shitting on the prequels:

youtube.com/watch?v=bUQfHRfX2o8

He's just a hypocrite.

He's an underdeveloped autistic man-child, which is why Yea Forums likes him.

This. Don't forget that he spent his life shitting on Lucas then begged him to voice a character in TCW and apologised, then as soon as Disney bought Star Wars over and announced a new trilogy with JJ he went back to shitting on Lucas on Twitter. He really is autistic.

lolwut you are taking a movie for 13 year old kids a little too seriously you sperg

The same guy that said this about Abrams' Star Trek II:
>"It's asinine, you know? It's ridiculous. And frustrating, as well, because a lot of hard work and love went into that movie, and all JJ wanted to do was make a film that people really enjoyed. So, to be subject to that level of sort of, like, crass fucking ire, I just say ‘Fuck You’."

Too little, too late. There was lot of love in the prequels, as well. But they weren't made by your fuckbuddy, so it didn't matter. Pegg is such a band-wagoner, it's sad.

Ironically, despite its shitty performance in the box office, Solo was the best nu-Wars movie

Is there literally anyone who unironically still likes Star Wars? I haven't even seen the two latest movies because of the suck. And also because this literal tranny in pic related is responsible for it all:

Attached: Kathleen Kennedy.jpg (1200x676, 101K)

The prequels were shit but nothing nearly as bad as the foul, fermented oily radioactive shit which Disney is continuously expelling in a high velocity stream.

Attached: B898C09F-A8AD-4593-BBF1-BF6579F53F42.png (1080x1920, 1.74M)

>white hetro male
uhm star wars isn't aimed at you sweaty

I used to like it. I don't even hate it now, I just feel tepid indifference.

Disney Wars has been at its worst garbage made by people who don't understand Star Wars (The Last Jedi), or bland, corporate nostalgia bait (The Force Awakens and Solo). The only one I sort of like is Rogue One, mostly because it looks pretty. That's a real low fucking bar.

And the worst thing is, the new movies lack imagination. Even at their lowest, the prequels still managed to expand the universe and introduce new stuff, new aliens, new ships, new planets. That was exciting.

Disney Wars? Here's another fucking desert planet, it's like Tatooine, but not. Here's another Star Destroyer, it's bigger. Here's another TIE Fighter, it's painted black. Bleh.

sauce on this jewish goddess

INFANTIZE

Attached: IMAGINE.jpg (970x545, 82K)

I don't think he is though

That fat guy was ALL cgi and mask right?

I didn't even know Simon Peggy was in Star Wars I thought he was only in the Star Trek reboot

Why hire a semi famous person to put them in a mask ?

>old white has been has opinion
Who the fuck cares.

everything after george is fanfiction, even the extended star wars universe

despite how the prequels were viewed they were still his vision, everything other seems soulless

You must be new here.

Attached: D58FD882-26BC-4BB4-AF1E-C9330DB494EF.jpg (670x1191, 213K)

I bet all those silly shit heads who go around with
>LUCAS RUINED MY CHILDHOOD
shirts now fell a bit dumb eh? knowing how bad things got after Lucas was removed and GIRLLLLLLL PAWAAAAA added.

>Why hire a semi famous person to put them in a mask ?
Just as a joke, or a favor to a friend.

Same as he did with Daniel Craig by putting him in a stormtrooper costume.

Would be cool if George was involved but there were people who nailed his feet to the ground so he wouldn't make shit like the prequels.

he's right
despite how silly and incompetent lucas was, he actually tried to move the narrative and come up with something new
new star wars has played it so incredibly safe it feels like watching a watered down version of the OT

all true starwars fans knew something was wrong when the first TFA trailer was shown

while it took everyone else til TLJ to realise

I can gladly say, disney has gotten $0 from me

>other than the fact that the Hulk just had a fight with a robot.
Someone is salty because couldn’t make it in the marvel kino

I see in everything a purpose. And i dont look down on something.
I really feel sad for you future, if any, kids when you will take them not serious enough and think outside your box.
I would even guess since you dont think outside the box you relate on everything explained to you.
Really sad!

So Plutt, a new trilogy character is Kennedy the new fan in charge? Finn is a stormtrooper and sees the wrong in the new empire, aka Disney, so Finn is the hardcore star wars fan?
That is a sign that we fans should take the franchise, like the animator with the Tie-Fighter fan movie!

Attached: image.jpg (500x533, 40K)

it seems very on the nose

I mean the Prequels were absolute cancer, but anything's better than the soulless cashgrab we have now

>Expecting Kathleen and her team of hacks care about Coruscant or anything Star Wars-related
That's wishful thinking, user.

>the prequels were cancer
Hi, Mike!

Indeed

I wonder how Mike feels about being partially responsible for the rise of nuWars.

Dude, just kill yourself.

you didn't even click on the picture much less read the article

He’s completely right but his type of over the top bitching about the PT is part of the reason why Disney decided to make the ST the way they did. People complained more often about superficial shit like the fact that it wasn’t the OT, they missed the core 3 characters, missed more practical effects, and generally shat in George. So Disney has pandered to those vocal fans by getting rid of George without addressing what was actually wrong with the PT which was Lucas’s shitty dialogue and being unable to elicit consistent performances from his actors. So now we have a set of movies with bland planet and practical effect alien designs, a Rebel/Empire conflict copy, the main three showing up (and getting killed off), and no George but with decent dialogue and performances. People reap what they sow.

I thought Rogue One did a better job of capturing the Star Wars feel that was abandoned with Lucas but Solo also had it too. It just felt a bit more bland to me.

I'm sure that he, like everyone born before 1990, is at least consoled by knowing it's still slightly better than prequel trash.

RO felt tiny to me as well. Something about the main chick and the rebel navy made it seem like there's only like fifty of them.

both sequels and prequels were trash, hating one doesn't mean you have to like the other

BABYLON 5'S A BIG PILE OF SHIT!

Implying star wars isn't basically a british franchise at this point

I do. George has what modern Disney lacks: imagination and courage. All he needs is people around him to help him focus it.

Do you guys genuinely believe TFA and TLJ were better movies than Episode 3?

I've read the article, numbnuts. The guy NEVER gave George any credit and spent his days shitting on George on Twitter. I can't find the pic of all of them right now but it's up on Yea Forums somewhere. It's obvious Simon is just doing damage control because the character he played was an absolute joke and that people aren't taking his words seriously anymore.

>Pegg on Colbert
>"Unkar Plutt at that point in the film is the owner of the Millennium Falcon. Now as a Star Wars fan growing up, the idea that I would ever be the owner of the Millennium [stuttering] Falcon, it doesn't make me tongue-tied in any way. I was extremely excited. I shot my scenes on the planet Jakku, which is this sort of desert planet, and then I emailed J.J. Abrams. I said, "Look, the Millennium Falcon in the original Star Wars, the Empire put a homing beacon on it and traced it to Yavin 4, the rebel base at the end. What if the homing beacon was still on board, and Unkar activated it and used it to track Rey to Maz's palace and then he could catch up with her there and have another scene?" And J.J. was like, "Yeah, okay!" So we shot this scene in the film where Unkar catches up to Rey and he's gonna shoot her and then Chewbacca pulls his arm off and throws it across the room. It wasn't in the film in the end because J.J. realized it was pointless. But, I was like, "I don't care, it happened!" Chewbacca pulled my arm off, end of story, fantastic."

>BABYLON 5'S A BIG PILE OF SHIT!

Attached: reeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (794x794, 670K)

How bad have Disney fucked up that Solo is the only decently enjoyable nu-Star Wars movie outside of some wooden acting while the prequels have more memorable world building and new characters the sequels do?

Bingo.

Plutt and the FO both represent the past fans. There are multiple scenes in TFA that are about symbolically severing ties to the past. One of the most “precious” ones is when Finn and Poe have to sever their Tie’s tether from the deck of the FO’s hangar. The New Republic and the Resistance represent the “new” Star Wars, and the way Hux rages over the Republic’s “lies and betrayals” is a veiled reference to how Disney jettisoned the pre-existent canon.

Even the First Order’s *name* is a reference to the old guard of Star Wars fans - the ones who were here first.

>he started his career shitting on the prequels
Is this what autism feels like?
Is that what makes you actually watch the video and not get the feeling that it might be, you know, making fun of overzealous SW fans and not agreeing with them?
Or are you just missing the context of an entire show being about deadbeat losers?

TFA yes, TLJ roughly equal.

You're reaching, prequelshitter. Peggy has openly slated the prequels outside of Spaced, and rightly so. I'd accuse you fags of being underage but I was 12 when I saw Phantom Menace and dropped Star Wars fandom before I even left the theatre.

Commit suicide

Here's a (You)

Spaced was a self insert show, faggot. Pegg was playing himself.

Based and redpilled. Lucas killed star wars in 1999, and even though there were some gems afterwards worth appreciating the franchise as a whole became tainted. Disney just euthanized it.

Solo isn't remotely enjoyable. I won't defend the others or pretend that they're better, but don't suggest that Solo is anything other than a 6/10 movie that isn't worth watching all the way through.

>a 6/10 movie
which makes it the best star wars movie since rotj, not even memeing

george actually got some money out of me buying star wars games and vhs releases, but disney i've pirated TFA and didn't watch the other one

he's not totally wrong but at the same time, there has always been pulpy, shitty tent pole movies
you just have to do some digging but actual art can still be found fairly easy if you're looking for it

He’s right. The sequel trilogy doesn’t have the magic or the attention to detail the PT and OT had. Instead it feels like a corporate repacking

>says this when the most popular works were the ones that use the OT as a springboard rather than a crutch, while the most hated were ones that tried shameless one upsmanship or retreading
Another person who never touched them

I go to movies to be entertained and be away from my shitty unemployment days. For discussion about society I watch the news

KyloxRey is so fucking boring. How does anyone draw fanart of them without falling asleep?

>Films used to be about challenging, emotional journeys or moral questions that might make you walk away and re-evaluate how you felt about… whatever.
reminds me of those youtube comments "I'm 12 and my generation sucks, I wish I lived in the 60s/70s/80s"
thought provoking movies were always an exception, not a rule

A poorly-executed trainwreck of new ideas is way better than a perfectly-executed rehash.

If Rian wanted to subvert expectations, he should have done something different than "Empire but everyone is retarded"

They definitely could have benefited from a little bit of George's imagination to make things unique visually. They're too obsessed with copying the aesthetic of the OT that they forget that was just one era - an era where George specifically made things gritty, worn out, "a lot of people wearing black and grey" in his words to show that it was a tough time under imperial oppression.

They should have listened to his quote:
>"One thing I always tried to do was make sure each movie had a completely different feel visually, from ships to planets, I wanted them to stand out from what came before"

Quite simple: they are part of an ethnic minority that hates and resents white people and everything white people have created. Particularly they hate christ and any inspirational work of fiction that contains elements of the messianic hero archetype.

Tumblrites very rarely care about what they attach themselves to. They only care about being validated by others.
It’s why content designed to appeal to them inevitably dies off the second they find something else to latch on to, or if they fail to latch on in the first place.

Solo was horrible and I’m not even a Star Wars fanboy.

Even he’d made something genuinely new, it still would have been shit because Johnson doesn’t grasp basic narrative concepts.
His subversions are such a complete failure not because they’re shocking, but because he doesn’t bother to anchor the twist to something that makes sense. They only work when the red herring falls away to reveal an equally plausible path.

>What if the homing beacon was still on board
What a fucking retard.

Attached: 1508428192399.jpg (1200x1600, 419K)

Is this guy for real? That deleted scene was one of the worst things I have ever witnessed in my entire life.
>that acting
>that fake ass arm
>that awful scream
I'm pretty sure they only filmed that scene to make him shut up. What an embarrassment.

youtu.be/mJLmdLRUPtE

Attached: ZE0KAXD.png (622x492, 320K)

>Plutt and the FO both represent the past fans.
But why? Both doesnt appear in I-XI. Rey and the falcon are rather new his property regarding the time from prequels/clone wars.
Why are they the envision of old fans if everything is new about them. Wouldnt it better if it was a Hutt or even the son of Jabba?
And the name First Order reference the new Disney Empire thinks since they obtained the rights they are the first and only one to say what StarWars is, even canned the EU as not canon. And what Hux blames are George Lucas who lied to them that StarWars is a money maker, because like Hux they destroyed all the good things blaming it on the Republic and the old fans not buyung the merch. And Hux rants also symbolises that the new republic lied about that the new fans will buy the merch, which we know since generation fb they dont!

Attached: jabba-the-hutt.jpg (1920x1080, 497K)

And after a war its a wartorn universe! Like that many high tech is forgotten or rare now in the universe.

Why not just give filoni creative control of the franchise?

WOW. Talk about racist and sexist. YOU'RE DONE, PEGG!!!

fpbp

Attached: 1550010049408.png (500x500, 77K)

That's actually pretty good. It also speaks to the complacent and inherent uselessness in general of most white men of the present day: coddled and given everything with their mouths open like greedy little chicks in a nest, and are now nothing but impotence and rage while more proactive individuals usurp everything around them. They had every opportunity to get in on the ground floor for things like the furtherance of shit like Star Wars, but squandered it by being nothing but fat lazy hoarders of junk and retarded trivia.

The entirety of Jakku is a reference to Old Star Wars. All of its inhabitants are living on a desert planet surrounded by the relics of the Great War of the past. Plutt is the “collector.” He appraises what the scavengers bring him. He’s all about getting his hands on BB8, the droid Poe refers to as one of a kind - quite the collectible, in other words.

When they escape the FO, the first thing Finn says about going back to Jakku(the past) is that he doesn’t want to go “back there.” Rey’s adventure can’t even begin until she leaves that past behind and stops waiting for parents that are never going to return(symbolic of Lucas). It’s Plutt’s modifications that hobble the Falcon until Rey “boipasses” them. This is yet another instance of the symbolism of being hobbled by the past.

As bad as the sequel trilogy is I like that it pokes fun at obsessive Star Wars nerds and incorporates their collecting habits a little into some characters.

I can't find other tweets at the moment, but this was his tweet about the Plinkett prequel reviews.

Attached: 1547426070910.jpg (638x426, 42K)

Did anyone ever get the sauce on these milkers?
asking for myself tbqh

Yeah, but when you’re working with metaphor, you can’t half-ass it, because unless your writing is incredibly tight, it can get turned back around on you. For instance, it’s pretty clear who the *real* bloated monstrosity is.

Attached: 1DA0959C-7DD9-4150-A786-127DA3A82C34.jpg (777x768, 133K)

It’s like poetry.

Never thought Simon Pegg would be such a fascist omfg

Goes by Kayla and Mikayla. Arrested last year for statutory rape of a 14 year old girl.

Attached: i3stgfp7oth21.jpg (1080x1073, 53K)

FUCK OFF SIMON YOU PHILISTINE YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM TRASHING HIM IN SPACED, JUST BECAUSE YOU DO MEDI CINEMA ADVERTS DOESN'T MEAN YOU AREN'T A CUNT

We knew Lucas was not perfect but he is a human being unlike the Walt Disney Company.

The entire movie is OT, so that Jakku is clearly the reference.
But what sits in the desert is kennedy with the broken toys and the relics she horded and tried to establich rey, some new fans who escape her, visualizing how she doesnt get money from new fans/Rey, sitting there with her broken franchise.

And the scavengers are clearly the nu-wars fans, JJ (?), the story group that bring her stuff to sell or try to make a dime from it. They salvage what is left from StarWars.
And what Finns means is that he doesnt like the New Star Wars like the old fans.
Rey is the equivalent of the new fans trying to make the best of the NuWars and try to break from Kennedys grip. Thats why Rey was promised to be from a big heritage, George Lucas vision and old StarWars fans but in Last Jedi from nobodies, aka Kennedy and the new fans who didnt build the saga.

Attached: star-destroyer.jpg (1920x800, 452K)

I agree! It fits more like some Disney related person/group, since its no backflash to old or pt but completly new. And there is no highlight you could pin it down to contradict it or spin it toward old fans!

Lucas had a vision and was clever regarding making money.

While the mouse tries to optimize money and has no plan besides "make more money". With Feige they had luck, someone who knows to give fans something. With Kennedy an agenda which i still believe she tried to make the mass appeal of StarWars bigger "We have the old fans, now put on top women, poc and woke people".

he mean't don't buy more merch unless its for Star Trek :)

it's a dude, literally

Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright need to team up once again.

things where Yea Forums was in the wrong and now will regret it everyday

Attached: 1550269390840.jpg (609x645, 201K)

Kill all niggers, spic and sandniggers

>Disney’s sequels are better than that premise.
Only if you are delusional

What Seth McFarlane did to Star Trek they should do to Star Wars.

That would make sense, Scotty that clever poor bastard. ^^

Star Wars is British & Californian

Gonna need a citation on that claim

PRACTICAL EFFECTS

>spend millions for a digital rendering of the helmet instead of just popping the helmet on a tall ILM guy and reshooting the scene and using the old audio

JJ is such a fraud.

Attached: practical effects for practical people.jpg (1366x726, 169K)