So since this is already happening, what other indie games would you like to see get cartoons?

So since this is already happening, what other indie games would you like to see get cartoons?

Attached: cuphead.jpg (1600x860, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iEmPGPq5wwo
mobygames.com/game/windows/night-in-the-woods/credits
donkeykong.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Ape_War
youtube.com/watch?v=q9NqHWkA7OM
youtube.com/watch?v=MX9x1oCGzX0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PaRappa_the_Rapper_(TV_series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sam and max... again.

sayonara wild hearts

This thread again, nice!

Attached: Steamworld Dig.jpg (616x353, 49K)

Undertale and A Hat in Time.

In general, any cartoon with a cartoon-friendly aesthetic would be nice.

Little nightmares

Attached: Little-Nightmares-Sales_08-16-18.jpg (600x337, 46K)

Attached: Oddworld Abe Oddysee.jpg (616x353, 31K)

Night in the Woods.

Attached: Bastion.jpg (1280x1024, 508K)

Attached: Medievil.jpg (720x720, 168K)

>Not SteamWorld Dig 2

Attached: Tomba.jpg (600x690, 96K)

Not indie but I want to see a proper Star Fox series

Anime count?

Attached: Musashi.png (846x960, 1.22M)

Shantae

Attached: shantae_pirates.jpg (1200x800, 145K)

Sam & Max was originally by LucasArts. Are Telltale games considered indie?

>Indie Games

These were made by big developers.

they were planning a show of that, I thought.

Are they an independent studio?

You already know it would be amazing.

Attached: product_dd_tribulations_poster_set_design3_1024x1024.png (900x600, 263K)

The neverhood had an interesting world I think an anthology series would suit it best

Attached: 1566580236059.png (300x300, 71K)

>Game is literal Rubber hose style
>Make show CalArts flash bullshit anyway

Fuck Netflix

Attached: Mighty-No-9.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Forager then

Attached: Forager.jpg (932x1228, 647K)

Attached: drg.jpg (616x353, 66K)

Please, for the love of god
please

Attached: honestly fuck moths.png (300x262, 15K)

Imagine the possibilities

Attached: WAZ.png (500x400, 25K)

Furi

Attached: 6D3C4C3F-141C-4F4B-8CD9-F695FB21F0ED.png (465x214, 92K)

This

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

Is that PK part chair or some shit...?

>Undertale
>Gets 3 seasons, one per route
>Season 3 is genocide route but it stops before killing sans and never finishes

Attached: 1447380832351.gif (359x450, 302K)

Can I anti-vote for Minecraft?

Dude he's just really not happy about the moth problem. Give the dude a break he's NOT COST TOO GREATing for the past indefinite period of time.

I'd definitely like an almost film noire series with the girls going up against each other. Skull girls always felt to me like a modern day darkstalkers so I feel like you could go a similar route that the darkstalkers cartoon went,but y'know, less of a need to censor it since you can put it online or on netflix or something.

Attached: tumblr_ofmga7bZu51s4c693o1_1280.jpg (760x960, 136K)

Oxenfree would be so fucking perfect for a miniseries its unreal to think it isn't already happening. Honestly, being a game held it back if anything

Attached: Oxenfree.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)

I'd like an action show based on Bleed 1 & 2. There's potential for some fantastic sequences, there.

It could be like a Morel Orel that switches the tone completely in the last season

>Main kid is self aware after second season and is trying to do things right and just comes off as a stressed out shit head. Despite getting the best ending.
>They lose it when they come back, angry their job isn't done and decides to go on a killing spree.

Learns that life is an everlasting right and that there is no such thing as right or wrong but experiences.

Also each season has at least one musical episode with Metaton

this so fucking much

Normally I’d call that a festival of pretentious art school faggotry, but since all 3 routes are technically all experienced linearly by the MC, I’ll let it slide.
3 seasons is a reach, though.

I cannot fathom why it doesnt exist

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.73M)

obligatory

Attached: 220px-Psychonautsbox[1].png (220x312, 182K)

A hat in time would be cool as long as Hat Kid is mute

OH YESSS

yeah you could probably do both neutral and genocide in one season

Attached: 1449671550714.gif (294x276, 122K)

youtube.com/watch?v=iEmPGPq5wwo

just watch the trailer

How is this an Indie Game?

OMG. This!!!!

Attached: 833716f556a6d7bccc6deb9b5e9a67f3d1c600c4.jpg (616x353, 29K)

in what universe is Oddworld Inhabitants a big developer

No such luck for that now that the creator died with his name sullied.

The Solstice Route ruined that game. It was like going from The Matrix to the sequels.

my mistake, didn't read the OP fully

"THE RATINGS ARE THROUGH THE ROOF"
"that means nothing though since most monsters prefer streaming services."
Monster stares into the camera with a smug look

>OMG

Attached: nanalan.jpg (1121x1004, 92K)

Not indie but the thread we had a few days ago about a hypothetical Banjo Kazooie cartoon really got me intrigued in the idea of an Animated Banjo Kazooie show

Attached: 20190906_214738.jpg (1280x1280, 904K)

He was not the creator. He composed the music (all six hours worth) but the story, cast, design was mostly Scott Benson. The rest of Infinite Fall was Bethany Hockenberry who helped out with the story and others who pitched with the tech parts.

Do you hate happy endings, user?

Attached: 2FD71700-4C80-4048-BC47-0117EC48BB99.png (815x608, 307K)

Attached: cave-story-cover.jpg (271x377, 29K)

>inb4 it’s just the DK cartoon all over again.

it's pretty impressive that they managed to make a game where the story centered around friendship, it's like a blind man painting a rainbow

Attached: C78A73F8-A251-4854-BC56-948F9104D895.jpg (460x215, 41K)

>He was not the creator. He composed the music (all six hours worth) but the story, cast, design was mostly Scott Benson. The rest of Infinite Fall was Bethany Hockenberry who helped out with the story and others who pitched with the tech parts.
That's just dishonest

Dunno what plot they could bullshit, but it would be tripping balls.

Attached: D39411A8-50A9-44FB-BFF7-FACED8B94A81.jpg (460x215, 51K)

I don't know how much a series of FP could work, but I would like to see how it would cover the arc of the final dreadnought.

Attached: image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 327K)

The ending is fine, but the Solstice route was mostly sad shit and less gameplay than the vanilla route. The vanilla route had sad moments, but it also had comic relief and warm parts to keep it from too much angst. There is almost none to be found in the Solstice route. It is almost zero puzzles and walls of text instead.

LISA

mobygames.com/game/windows/night-in-the-woods/credits

Coding and music is most of what he is credited for. He had no ownership on the art, design, and writing.

They better not cheap out on the animation.

Speaking of Donkey Kong. Come on Netflix, you know you wanna do this...
donkeykong.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Ape_War

Neat. I know the game is getting a sequel. They tried to do a comic but it kind of stopped after 2 issues.

Tie between LISA or Hotline Miami.

Attached: LISA.gif (500x319, 282K)

you realize not having a writing credit doesn't mean he had no part in the basic part of the concept and idea that the game was made on, especially as the founder of their studio.
>He had no ownership on the art, design, and writing.
That's an entirely separate claim, that is not only completely irrelevant, but completely without source

That's pretty much what I would expect it to be. But this time with decent animation.

Attached: dd93xxk-86729c48-29c1-47d5-97a7-eff0195efbdd.png (1200x1200, 931K)

And more British humor.

youtube.com/watch?v=q9NqHWkA7OM

Why are you being so openly dishonest

Attached: file.png (935x279, 51K)

the thing is this could actually work. perhaps something like a 12 episode series. hell, the show could even look like the in-game cutscenes.

Now that I think about it. A Banjo Kazooie show would be basically like pic related. but with a snarky edge comparable to the first Shrek movie or Golden Age Simpsons.

Attached: wallace_gromit_posed_1-h_2017.jpg (928x523, 89K)

The only correct answer.

monster girl quest
teaching feeling
that german loli game

Celeste baby

Attached: eroico.png (480x437, 121K)

Attached: C1BD4431-A73B-4694-8971-97776EFEF8CE.jpg (616x353, 41K)

It’ll never happen, but you tried.

If the animation isn't on par with the game i'll be fucking pissed.
The entire reason it became a hit is because of its fluid, old school animation.

Before this thread came up, I was thinking of making a shitpost image along the lines of “look at post numbers to determine how your game adaptation gets fucked up”

I have a feeling it'll be like Mao Mao or OK KO- nice, fluid, and solid but at a lower framerate

Attached: dead cells.jpg (630x340, 236K)

My friend got me a Switch and a $20 giftcard at eNintendo for my birthday. Cuphead is like $20 there. Should I get it?

If you don't mind hard games, absolutly.

even DSP beat the game, user will have no problem unless he is Dobson

Attached: dobson cuphead.jpg (960x840, 80K)

To be fair DSP is retarted but when it comes to actual control and inputs he's good. Keep in mind he came from the fighting game community and while his retardation kept him from being particularly good, the reason he even made it to the FGC was from sheer reaction time.

In Cuphead where reaction and memorization is the name of the game more so then critical thinking, it's easy to see why it's one of the few games he doesn't have much issue with.

I don't think it has enough for a full series, but a movie or limited series based on Space Funeral could be good. Getting the soundtrack right is essential.

Attached: tumblr_o8cuk4tZ8Z1twxyflo1_1280.png (769x451, 35K)

Freedom Planet

Attached: e83.png (1024x1301, 623K)

oh fuck didnt see you my nigga

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE, off, IB...

Ib. Yeah, I keep forgetting that exists

This. Give it like a proper Samurai Jack approach, maybe with interspersed flashbacks gradually revealing the backstory breadcrumbs.

I'd say Cubhead is like...Megaman hard. Where you're definitely gonna lose and die a LOT. But once you get the hang of it you'll be surprised how much you get used to its pace. I remember there was a moment I went over a friend's house and beat a level I hadn't played in months on my first try. Your character doesn't level up. You, the player, do.

Attached: 1538319248134.jpg (800x800, 43K)

Attached: hatintime.jpg (460x215, 72K)

WayForward is prolific, but not big. Otherwise they wouldn't have to ronin for three years in between Shantae games.

Just go all-in and focus on the silent protagonist being alone for most of the time, just like in the game. Put most of the money into sound and animation, because you aren't going to understand jack shit in the game if you wait for someone to tell you what's going on.

Think about it. You take the modern age of western animation and just put in a show where there are entire episodes without a single spoken word. It would be so bizarre that no one would ever forget it.

looked it up

There was an announcement the Russo Brothers and Henry Selick were working on a TV adaption

I would watch the shit out of Pizza Tower

>Not SteamWorld Heist

I don't know about indie but I always thought how they did the new kid icarus would make a good cartoon.

Attached: SI_3DS_KidIcarusUprising_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 269K)

>hard = unappealing
sums up dobson perfectly

Scott Benson is a tankie who thinks his political enemies deserve to die the world would be a better place if they did. He should not be given a cartoon. In fact, he should have been the one to kill himself.

either it would be amazing or johnny test tier

Attached: f254fa96e12192f282f850b761054d21.jpg (800x449, 44K)

Underail

Attached: underrail 1.webm (960x540, 2.74M)

Banner Saga, I would like to see gaming's most daughterable daughter fully animated

Attached: Alette.png (900x760, 703K)

best answer ITT with best runnerup being

Attached: lisa.jpg (1448x2048, 1.04M)

Can someone please explain to me what the appeal of this game is other than pretty visual?
The story is just teens fucking around until some sort of cult shows up at the end, right? or did I miss anything?

Attached: the fuck.png (640x488, 206K)

Even at its worst it would be better than just dropping it down to "Lets just make it a mobile game" like Bethesda did.

Here's a challenge: Convert the game's gimmick into tv format?

>teens
Adults actually. Its for the kids in their very early twenties who grew up with millenial older siblings and have some understanding of whats to come their way.

Not indie, but I can dream.
If it had to be indie, than Wandersong.

Attached: 758F3074-0486-44F1-80C9-7FAC4464314B.jpg (725x800, 217K)

The problem with fighting game shows is how to make an effective series while making sure that everyone's favorite characters get efficient screentime and have a role in the plot.

Like I'm sure Fillia could be the protag trying to untangle (no pun intended) her amnesia, she doesn't really have much of a stakes in the main plot (unless maybe it's to save Painwheel).We don't even find out her connection to the SkullGirl until the very end. The main plotline usually follows Parasoul, Peacock, Big Band and Painwheel going against Double and Valentine. That leaves popular characters like Fortune and Cerebella on the sidelines on the B-Plot and other characters like Beowulf as cameos. Not to mention, having time for all the ton of side characters they keep adding to the lore.

As much as I would kill for this as a show, I doubt it would animate as beautiful as the game.

I'm more interested in the Bendy shorts than I am in the games, I hope this isn't the last one they make
youtube.com/watch?v=MX9x1oCGzX0

Gotta say hearing full sentences come out of Wario was jarring.

Sam and Max was a comic before it was a game. And at least a couple episodes of the cartoon were straight adaptations of the comic even.

>There will never be a Banjo Kazooie series by Ardman or even Stoopid Buddy
Why must I want the impossible?

KOF. But only the Orochi and NESTS saga.

Attached: 155485979445.gif (320x240, 1.2M)

Depression Quest. You know it's gonna happen once she's done with comics.

My niggas

Who wants to bet this will look 1000x cheaper than the actual game?
Why do they even bother with animated adaptations of video games, honestly? Both in the east and west. They have generally far worse presentation and storytelling.
With books it makes sense why you'd want to adapt them to the screen, so you can actually see the characters. Video games are already a visual medium, it's totally unnecessary milking.

that's not what indie mean.

You could make a show like the shorts but it's a full fledged cartoon.
Or you can also add segments where it focuses on the studio and everything going to shit in the bg

Attached: 8de656b1b4d789be1b0652473defcbeb2bee6a8e_00.jpg (384x280, 21K)

>animated by the studio that shouldn't be named

I'd really prefer if you'd be quiet

PK was based and everything went according to his keikaku in the end. Only mothfags and spiderfags will disagree with this.

Indie games were not usually distributed and sold in brick and mortar stores in the '90s and early '00s.

Costume Quest had a great cartoon that no one saw because it is on Amazon Prime.

cuphead barely has a story and all the characters are 1 dimensional, it sells itself on pure aesthetic. that's not a criticism.

After just completing this game, I'd say that this is perfect, its got a unique charming world, very good characters ( especially pat himself), and a good art style the execs would love because its cheap.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 38K)

Attached: nobody suspects a thing.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

The rubberhose from the 1930s is the same way though. Traditional rubberhose has always had a super thin plot propped up by visual gags and funny animation.

It still hurts

Attached: Capture.png (1166x538, 1.05M)

GIVE ME A FUCKING ANIMATED PARAPA THE RAPPER SHOW REEEEEEE

Attached: rabbit.png (871x933, 87K)

Heh, just like my play through

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PaRappa_the_Rapper_(TV_series)