Cartoon Network Storyboarding Academy applications are open again

I can't wait to see what close personal friends who have previously worked for Cartoon Network Jessie Greenberg will pick for this beginner level training program!

Attached: 456423128.jpg (1484x753, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2019/01/cartoon-network-studios-storyboard-artist-training-program-finalists-1202546069/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i wish this was an online course.

Post the people who made it last time, most of which already had connections to those working at CN

>tfw animators dont even animate anymore

2 of them had worked for Cartoon Network as storyboarders in the past.

I think only like 1 person was an actual newly graduated student getting their first job

*Jessie Juwono

I'm going to speak this into existence.

I'll be working on my art for the next year to get good enough to get into the storyboarding program for 2020

hopefully, they won't reject a 25 year old
and don't worry Yea Forums, I'll try not to draw on anything precious

>she has her own website
>has written literally 30 minutes of cartoons

how far up your own ass can one person be

She married a showrunner and got a comfy position immediately after. I kind of doubt she has any idea how one actually enters and works in the industry.

Says the user on Yea Forums.

Attached: C48593E0-2377-4F4D-AEF0-893176410028.gif (400x376, 2.67M)

Same too after graduating I want to try to get in

She’s a failed board artist and had to literally make up a job title to stay relevant in the field. And even in her new position she hires some woke friends who have already had experience.

She needs to step down.

She identifies as a writer for cartoon network, which does not make sense when their shows are board driven now. So I have no idea what a writer does for the network, and it does not look like she works on any specific series.

Well, even some board driven shows do have writers that make up an outline and the boarders flesh out with dialogue, gags and acting. Which seems kind of unfucking fair. But, regardless, Jessie was basically relegated into doing this academy thing and nepotism-ing it.

>Another years of anons seeing an opportunity to finally live their dream but instead of trying it they'll just whine about SJWs and conspiracy theories are keeping them from getting their own cartoon

Attached: sad grover.jpg (567x423, 30K)

No you dont.
They'd "criticize" your ideas, shoot you down, while simultaneously low key steal them.

Dont be so naive.

I also enjoy killing dreams out of pure jealousy.

Literally this.

You guys keep complaining about how “every new cartoon is shit,” yet it’s been proven time and time again that it’s possible to enter the industry if you’re a reasonable, amicable person with a strong portfolio. CalArts and “nepotism” conspiracies are complete bullshit. It’s all about starting at the bottom and climbing up the latter, like with any industry.

Be the change you want to see, Yea Forums.

I know you do. You're going to get yours.

If you're looking to get into any creative field then having your own personal website is practically a necessity. It's just a clean, simple place to tell who you are and what you've done without having to deal with any of the baggage that comes with other platforms like DeviantArt, Tumblr or Twitter.

I barely even use my portfolio website but it's gotten me jobs just from people searching for photographers in my area.

Well yea with the normal channels for landing a job in the industry sure. But this specific program actually was used to hire friends who already had work experience at Cartoon Network. While it is advertised as a beginner training program for up and coming people.

we have plenty of industry anons here. there's no were else to talk casually about cartoons online

Didn't that happen with DustinDemon and Amphibia?

Why don't any of you apply

>says the obviously jobless angry user on Yea Forums

Attached: 5b2e0b7e2c68.jpg (414x459, 33K)

I thought he made a pitch to Disney, which they turned down but then did anyway with their own people. In their time-honored tradition.

i'm neither of those things just because i criticize this shitty program.
it's not as bad as nick's though. i remember nick's being something akin to spec work

deadline.com/2019/01/cartoon-network-studios-storyboard-artist-training-program-finalists-1202546069/

Out of last year's 6 winners, 4 never worked for Cartoon Network. One winner worked on literally a single episode of a CN cartoon and the other was an apprentice for CN and participated in an animation jam with them.

If CN just wanted to hire their buddies, they'd do so. That's how most hiring happens in the industry. If there's a job opening people start with people they know. They don't need to construct an elaborate ruse where they make a fake program as a cover up. Especially when it's not even a permanent job, it's 12 weeks of paid training. I even know someone who did a shit ton of work for Cartoon Network but didn't get picked last year.

>inb4 "they're making the ruse so they can get media brownie points"

Attached: archie mad at drawing.jpg (400x381, 55K)

>it's not as bad as nick's though. i remember nick's being something akin to spec work
The writing program? Or one of the artist programs?

Unless the storyboard program pays you to attend, you're better off getting good enough at art, applying to commercial work, then building up your resume and portfolio to apply for a job at these studios.

>Unless the storyboard program pays you to attend
it does

>All women

If this were all men, there'd be a big stink.

Well, yeah. Women weren’t always given as many opportunities in the animation field as men in the past. You can’t seriously be offended every time a cartoon crew is predominantly made up of women, can you? They’re just as capable and creative as men, so who cares as long as the work produced is entertaining? Plus, I’m sure this program was just a simple coincidence, anyway.

Attached: A4CD10C5-DC17-4FA7-8383-66913576D0BE.jpg (403x389, 20K)

>Well, yeah. Women weren’t always given as many opportunities in the animation field as men in the past.

That shit was fucking decades ago and there was a lot of time to catch up. Pulling up 50's rejection letters as evidence why it's okay to criticize a show if it has all male writers but a show with all female writers doesn't get the same criticism is not actual equality.

There are a lot of "a lot of men in the room because no women applied" coincidences that get criticism.

Attached: 1501742232613.png (798x826, 353K)

Yea but the modern social justice argument is to have a permanent sliding scale when it comes to injustices of the past. So Women were not allowed jobs or the right to vote about 25 years ago. Civil rights happened about 20 years ago. And it was completely illegal to be gay 5 years ago.

Current year does not matter. It's always 25, 20, and 5 years before the current date.

Yea for some reason no one will ever think that maybe a job has more men in it because just not that many women are interested in the job at all, or apply for it in the first place compared to men. But they always like to assume there is some vast evil male conspiracy to keep all women, or all but a few since really no place is 100% female-free, out of the job because...they want it to be 1933 again?

I feel like this is the culmination of the warped production design rebecca's sugar devised where there are no scripts or actual cartoonists, just storyboards who put out pages then its shipped off to Korea.

Attached: dt3e14eqyakoxsrb5my2.jpg (1280x1280, 1.02M)

They would do that anyway, doing it online just shortens the commute.

>One winner worked on literally a single episode of a CN cartoon and the other was an apprentice for CN and participated in an animation jam with them.

If they have positions at CN already, why give them a slot in a training program for beginners? I'm trying to understand why someone who was already hired as a storyboard artist for a CN show needed to get training in that program.

>Yea for some reason no one will ever think that maybe a job has more men in it because just not that many women are interested in the job at all, or apply for it in the first place compared to men.

Haven't women outnumbered men in animation schools for a few years now?

>If they have positions at CN already, why give them a slot in a training program for beginners?

They didn't have positions. One of them freelanced for one episode and the other was an apprentice a couple years previous to applying to the program.

>Haven't women outnumbered men in animation schools for a few years now?
Yeah. Women make up 60% of animation students but only 20% of the workforce.

>One of them freelanced for one episode

That still seems like an unfair advantage. How many applying haven't even broken into the industry yet?

>That still seems like an unfair advantage. How many applying haven't even broken into the industry yet?

I wouldn't consider that an unfair advantage. This program is to nurture artists who are early along in their career. People with no formal education nor professional experience are welcome to apply, but this is definitely not exclusively for them.

That still makes the overqualified for entry level training positions. People with prior work, especially with CN should be disqualified for this.

What? Story time, user.

Not anonymously anyway.

Maybe CN should ALSO have a training program specifically for people with no formal education and no professional credits, but there's nothing wrong with a program that mainly targets people who have had maybe a couple pro gigs but are still relatively green and could still benefit from training and mentorship to polish them up.

Or people with an education and a portfolio but have not gotten their foot in the door.

You have none of these.

Attached: 1310483412100.jpg (413x395, 19K)

i dont care, i would just give them a shitty idea i learn whatever they are teaching.

its because being 'angry at sjws' actually translates irl as acting like a sperg in front of women and minorities.

have you considered that maybe, on top of diversity pushing, mostly women applied? most of the storyboard artists i know are women.

>we have plenty of industry anons here
Prove it. And Luke Weber doesn’t count.

And have you considered maybe, just maybe, that's the point?

When it's most men who applied and get the job, it's called a "boys club". When it's most women and they get the job, it's called "diversity".