No other cartoon had a better finale than Gravity Falls

No other cartoon had a better finale than Gravity Falls.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: GFTCSCEBR.Cover.72dpi.jpg (385x491, 300K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MMatELGorz0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1531421924019.jpg (750x1020, 129K)

>blocks your path

Attached: 1464461213953-1.png (800x1500, 284K)

Half a finale, left on a fuckin cliffhanger because they got the word they were cancelled too late.

Mystery Inc. was better at everything Gravity Falls set out to do, even the ending.

Caballeros easily

Still better than "IT'S A HORRIBLE OPPORTUNITY FOR ME" and a trickster god's big endgame being "muh chaos" after all that buildup and getting outwitted by two kids and their grandpa

Attached: 1569272732868.jpg (540x293, 48K)

Recess with the movie

I agree. It was a little rushed, but most cartoon finales seem to be that way. Even with its flaws, it's still better than the vast majority out there.

Attached: 5c9cb11ebbd8e6cad1aeffaccbc69707--disney-fanart-gravity-falls-dipper.jpg (474x330, 32K)

>Jolly good show!

Finale was peak comfy.
youtube.com/watch?v=MMatELGorz0

I know cartoon finales tend to be absolute horseshit and the bar is incredibly low but that doesn't mean Gravity Falls' ending is good. You just say it's the best because you've got nothing to compare it to. Let's see what it did wrong, well, the show was already crap by that point so the flaws go beyond the finale, but I'm gonna restrict myself to just this final episode. Stan suddenly became an absolute retard just to force conflict and that's out of character for him, his sacrifice meant nothing when he regained his memories in a few scenes later, everything went back to the status quo, Mabel got to keep her pig like the spoiled little shit she is. Nothing was lost, no changes were made, the town decided to pretend nothing happened and Dipper and Mabel fucked off back to their homes with no sense of growth or emotional pay offs. Anything good that the finale had got scrapped because Alex loves to keep things as anticlimatic as possible, and this problem has been prominent since A Tale of Two Stans. Fuck that hack and fuck this show.

Ahem.

Attached: 1321853873611.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

The wheel mattered absolutely 0%

Nice to see that this site is still assmad about Alex dumping their wifu

GF finale was shit

>purging the bill image instead of the 20 duplicate su threads

Wander Over Yonder.

Gravity Falls had one of the best, but I still think Regular Show was better

I feel like it would have mattered had Stan and Ford not argued almost immediately after getting things started.
People said it was a red herring, but I feel that it was more a failed attempt than anything else.

Nothing matter about this damn show
Many other Disney shows alone did a similar premise finale with more impact then GF

Mabel did nothing wrong

Which Disney shows?

Modern Era gave us Regular Show's finale
Classic Era gave us Ed Edd n Eddy's finale

GF was alright at best.

Wander Over Yonder was a good show but that sucked as a finale.

Would have been better if Bill revealed it to be a red herring that he'd planted in Ford's mind to lull him into a false sense of security/ distract him from the true way to defeat him. There were two different wheels after all. The one from Dreamscaperers, and the one from The Stanturian Candidate. One of them should have been a false flag.

Attached: ebf4a7f628f68861cd867a9ccb7f6f09.jpg (455x582, 29K)

does the Ed Edd n Eddy movie count?

Man, I finally got around to watching the Gumball finale and it's weird. The episode itself was good, but then there was thirty seconds of tacked on finale shit at the end that just feels bitter and awful.

Anyone who doesn't say Harvey Beaks has one of the best finales is someone that hasn't seen Harvey Beaks.

Easy shit I've done all day.

Attached: Over the garden wall.jpg (630x1200, 96K)

This, but unironically. She's a twelve-year-old kid going through her first existential crisis and was taken advantage of during an extremely vulnerable moment by a psychopath dream demon.

Dipper's proposed future of his parents actually allowing him to drop out of school and play monster hunter with an uncle they didn't know and that he'd known for all of a couple of weeks was as much of a fantasy as Mableland, but no one ever called him out on that bullshit.

Attached: 9ad98c646a65cd01e0b3d53c74871e85--color-art-masters.jpg (474x641, 33K)

Probably because they wanted a film to wrap things up but didn't get it, so the show finale itself is bitter and unfulfilling
Matches the show in my opinion

Mable did everything wrong and is an awful person, but that doesn't make Dipper right either

Dipper wasn't going to drop out of school, he was going to be home-schooled by a man with several doctorates. Ford was going to talk to his parents about it, not just let Dipper run away from home.

Mabel, on the other hand, ran away from reality itself. Even after finding out she was being trapped by Bill, she chose her fantasy over helping her friends and family.

Proved you wrong
/thread

Attached: Ed_Edd_n_Eddys_Big_Picture_Show.jpg (511x418, 104K)

Two were already mentioned here

>Ford was going to talk to his parents about it, not just let Dipper run away from home
Yeah, and they were going to go "Wait, who the hell are you?" and then go "Well it's nice to meet you, but no. Can you please put Stan on the phone so we can have a word with him?"

People seem to forget that Stan was actually pretty close to Shermy's side of the family. Close enough that he was there for Dipper and Mabel's birth. It's one thing for him to watch the kids for a couple of months during the summer. It's another thing entirely to yank a preteen kid out of school, have him live several thousand miles away from his immediate family, and leave him in the care of a relative they've never met and know nothing about for several years. Ford's a social retard and was completely talking out of his ass.

The problem with GF is that it acted like everything mattered and it was all connected when that wasn't really the case.

Is Stan trying to set everyone on fire? Because that's how you set everyone on fire.

For real though, what parent would even go through with this even if he's known to Stan
For all they know he'd be sexually assaulted or something and he doesn't even have a phone like Mabel does

so I guess this was bullshit. announced over a year ago and nothing

Attached: Dkq1XBCX4Aol-kS.jpg (1200x1200, 562K)

You don't think Stan would have put in a good word for Ford? The two of them may have been at odds, but he would have supported Dipper.

i disagree, the finale was pretty bad.

In retrospect, it's aged a little better than the initial reaction Yea Forums gave it, especially compared to the likes of true disgraces like SJ s5, SvtFOE s4, etc. But I wouldn't call it good. Better than most of the schlock being posted in here as better alternatives (middling CN comedy shows totted as watchable by the borderline shills here that crawled from the primordial ooze of Turner Broadcasting Studio's online PR department) but certainly not up to snuff with the rest of the series.

The main problem was that Bill was more of a Silver Surfer type character than Galactus. Something that was supposed to lead to something infinitely more deadly. Yet he ended up being the final boss regardless, despite having been beaten numerous times before often with risible ease. Bill's motives, origin, and exact nature were only really elaborated on in the cash-in "fan bible" books that happened after the series ended. Likewise, the apocalyptic event he was bringing just turned out to be a locally contained frat party with some weirdo creatures running around played by Alex Hirsch's crypto-pedophile/Weinsteinian liberal talkshow "comedian" friends and even Bill's scariest attack (turning people into gold) was rendered impotent by its pathetically short and unsustainable harming effect. In the end, Bill did less to harm the 3d dimension than Star inevitably did when she actually managed to merge two worlds together. A "trillion year old demon" got outdone by a horny teenager.

Other problems existed too. Gideon's halfassed redemption, Pacifica's unnecessary damnation, the lack of consequences for Stan lobotomizing himself, and the rush to the finish line. However, it's probably the best finale we've had for a real cartoon (not you, Over the Pretentious Wall) this decade.

Attached: Douche.jpg (480x480, 22K)

Bill could have been the final boss if they went full Outer God of Chaos with him like the monster he's based on. He drops the zany 'toon personality and fully becomes a deep-voiced sauron like monster ripping everything apart.

>it's probably the best finale we've had for a real cartoon (not you, Over the Pretentious Wall) this decade.
You have not watched literally any finales then

He's Stan's identical twin. If Stan vouches for him there's no reason why they wouldn't at least let Dipper stay with Stan while Ford teaches him.

The point is that it's not some outlandish fantasy, Dipper isn't trying ditch reality. There could have been a conversations between the Stan twins and Dipper and Mabel's parents.

There was no reason to dismiss Dipper's plans as if they were equally as bad as Mabel's.

>However, it's probably the best finale we've had for a real cartoon (not you, Over the Pretentious Wall) this decade.
Literally the only finale worse was Gumball. Even OKKO's finale was better.

Stand getting his memory back ruined it

>DUDE OH NO STAN LOST HIS MEMORohwaitnohesreallyfinelol

You guys didn't forget good ol' Infinity Train, did you? It had a good, solid conclusion.

Attached: What's the word.gif (480x270, 1.34M)

It's a Disney show. I doubt it would have a bad ending, anyways

GF finale needed at least one more episode.

Actually, it needed to drop the Mabel-land story altogether.

Would you consider Dipper a good straight man/voice of reason character?

I loved the final episode of Infinity Train, but it has already been confirmed that there is going to be a season 2, so too early to tell how a series finale would go

He is a good straight man
He isn't the voice of reason

This basically. It never needed a finale considering it's episodic slapstick nature, but the fact that they where able to tie up those few loose ends was a real treat. Definitely one of the most cathartic endings to any show.

Underrated post.