Why do these fags hate Superman? Why do people admonish him for being too powerful?

Why do these fags hate Superman? Why do people admonish him for being too powerful?

Attached: A096DA58-8D9E-4EB6-9900-CDBFA8AC217B.jpg (900x1244, 217K)

All that power and still acting like a boring moral fag trying to parody Jesus. We know Superman always win because the heroes always wins. It's the execution to how he uses his powers and reasoning for it. Plus, Superman has no personality at all. That's why other heroes are more likable and that includes Goku.

Superman and Goku are so boring. It’s characters like Steven Universe that are the real heroes.

>Why do these fags hate Superman?
It's because they get their Superman information from memes and normie batwankery and refuse to read ANY of his stories.

>Goku
>Personality
Wanting to be stronger and liking food isn't personality user

Same could be said for Spiderman, Avengers, X-Men, and Batman. Yet, their media (animation) is good enough for them to have several shows and they're likable in movies too. Superman has none of that going for him because they need to find ways to write "unlimited power" and provide villains for him. And even when they adapt his comics, they end up mediocre.
>Wanting to be stronger and liking food
Wow, Goku is very relatable to all boys 6-12 years old. He's just like any shonen character marketed to boys. And he grows over the years from a kid to an adult with kids.
Meanwhile, Superman is Mr. Perfect and has nothing to relate about and nobody cares if he's even injured. After Death of Superman, nobody cared what happens. He's still the same. No character development, nothing.

The "too powerful" argument is how you know you're talking to an idiot.
Narratively, he's no more powerful than any superhero.

The average Green Arrow adventure has as much a chance of ending in failure and death as a Superman story.

Good point

I don’t think any 6-12 year olds give a fuck about getting stronger.

Superman is stagnant and nobody wants to make a high-budget kickass cartoon for him. Then when King wants to change up some ideas, Yea Forums rages about "change" and how it ruins the status quo.

And if people as immature as 6-12 year olds relate to Goku, that says a lot about Goku.

>And if people as immature as 6-12 year olds relate to Goku, that says a lot about Goku.
Ok then. Your point?

>And even when they adapt his comics, they end up mediocre.
As a Superfag, I'll agree with you here. It's mostly because the people adapting the stories just don't understand WHY they are so beloved.
Like all things, it comes down to the writer/artist. You can easily write a literal god, but if you don't know HOW to make that literal god compelling, than it falls completely flat.

It means Goku is immature.

I think that immature personality makes him an interesting character. A man-child with powers of a god fighting evil. He isn't perfect, loses sometimes, relatable to 6-12 year olds who want a power fantasy.
Of course Goku isn't relatable to adults, Krillin is though. He's entirely human, struggles the most, mature, scores a hot wife, and has a kid. If he doesn't relate, your life sucks being an incel.

Because wheelchair bound LGBT transupernonhenderbinary should have representation in all media, despite making up only 4% percent of US population.

>Gokuck
Back to shitposter.

>You can easily write a literal god
Then which is it? Is Superman an immortal all-powerful god pretending to be human and sparring villains for morality points or is he just an alien man similar to Green Lantern who isn't invincible.

Because if it's the first, why can't he just one punch literally anyone? TAS Superman worked out fine because he was limited. Pre-Crisis Superman would be a nightmare to write several issues for and stay consistent.

>character development
>comics

I can tell that this is bait cause you made sure to bring up Goku

Very mature. I like both characters, but I wonder why one is more popular than the other despite Goku stealing his origin story. I'm just here like OP to figure out why Superman fails in the media.

Attached: Supermanflying.png (250x375, 92K)

Because the guys controlling his media fell for the same meme. Superman is one of the most recognizable characters in the world and the fact that a Superman movie failed is absolutely because of bad management, the guy took the world by storm fighting generic gangsters and finding mayan opals on the radio.

There's a difference between failing and not being Batman.

they hate him because he is a good person,they think being idealist is silly and childlish,wich i think is rubish

Batman and Shazam has fun personalities. And Batman has memorable fun villains too. Superman needs at least one of those to stay relevant.

Pic related was the only time Batman failed in recent media.

Attached: 71tmlvsCdwL._RI_.jpg (1600x1200, 251K)

I like Mister Mxyzptlk

Goku is more popular because of the anime, comics don't have the same reach as cartoons do. Those kids grew up and they only knew about Superman though sparse bits of media and then came to the conclusion that Superman was boring. Even though Goku has less personality and is far less complex a character than Superman does

>Those kids grew up and they only knew about Superman
I see where your going with this. But let me ask you, why are kids born in 2008 still fond of Goku and even watching DBS and watching DBZ? Superman needs to expand outside of comics so he has videogames and a new cartoon series. He has none of those going for him, meanwhile Batman is making another big budget game. Of course kids won't care about Superman because he isn't big in the media. That's also why it's hard to get new fans since DC doesn't want to shonen Superman.

>Even though Goku has less personality and is far less complex a character than Superman does
Debatable, but I'll listen. Tell me some aspects of Superman's personality other than being "morally good" and "righteous". What's his favorite activities, what does he do when he's not being a hero?

It's because Superman is only interesting when he's evil.

Because Goku is still showing up in cartoons, movies and videogames. You've also got the fact that Dragonball fans are having kids now, and their kids will be exposed to it too. Superman has what? Comics and the occasional cameo in a cartoon and a failing movie franchise. WB dont want to do anything with Superman because they don't know what to do, even though a good Superman movie would be a smash fucking hit, all Superman needs is a wider audience.
>Tell me some aspects of Superman's personality other than being "morally good" and "righteous"
He's often brash and emotional, he bears the weight of the world on his shoulders but knows he can't let that show as people rely on him to be an unmoving monolith.
>What's his favorite activities, what does he do when he's not being a hero?
Usually depends on the writer, more recently he's living life as a family man, enjoying his job at the planet. Hangs out with Jimmy etc

>He's often brash and emotional
So nearly the opposite of Batman and he has a city that adores him. Losing a planet and crying sometimes doesn't make one more complex though. The weight of the world between good and evil diminishes when you figure Superman has more heroic friends to help him too. Maybe it's because that was his personality decades ago. But with so many more heroes, saving Earth isn't a big deal as it used to be.
I guess I can say Clark Kent is relatable on the most part. But compared to Bruce or other disguises, it's kinda boring. All that power and intelligence and he chooses to have the most basic lifestyle ever. The complete opposite of Batman.

Now I understand why people gravity to Bruce Wayne/Batman more often.

>gravitate

He has morality. His detractors do not.

Black and white morality is stupid and unrealistic.

Superman is a gag character trying to be taken seriously. That's why people hate powerfags and superman.

Because hanging around with people who have body counts in the billions makes for better morality.

T. Based retard

Spider-man has a better morality system than Superman. And he also doesn't believe in killing people to prove a point.

In what way does he have better morals than Superman?

It's sad that just some guy doing good because it's the right thing doesn't sound realistic

1).Superman has powers that he should be able to get hurt. Writers nerf his powers down just for drama. Example Superman can phase through attacks and turn invisible. 2).Superman has very dumb weaknesses. Superman is a definition of a Mary Sue. 3). Who you call a fag. You like a character that dresses his underwear from the outside.

Because Uncle Ben was a better role model than Jonathan Kent who nobody cares about. Peter Parker made his morality after making that mistake. Parker earned his power and proves that he can overcome Venom (a morality foil) and has a stronger will than Superman.
Clark pretended to be everyone's hero for no reason at all other than the Kent's wanting him to be a good boy. Yet he can turn evil just by wanting the world to be "too good"? What an asshole.

You shouldn't base everything Superman off of only just Man of Steel and BvS: DoJ, it's unhealthy.

>implying about Snyder
>superman is not a god trying to be human
Rent free. And that's unhealthy.

They hate him 'cause they ain't him.

>Why do these fags hate Superman?

Why did the Jews nail Jesus to the Cross, user?

Superfags in a nutshell. Superman is the antichrist.

Attached: 928DFB15-4F8F-44EB-B0A3-0C51688A6ECD.jpg (800x1229, 354K)

>Man of Steel makes more money than all DBZ films added up
>This somehow means that Superman is a failure and everyone prefers Goku.

Attached: ABD71B07-294E-4094-899A-9F0B6F3ABD77.jpg (400x532, 51K)

Batman is Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is Peter Parker, but Superman is just Superman, and CLARK is the disguise.
When he dresses up in the shabby clothes and glasses and walks around with bad posture acting all timid and uncertain of himself, he's really criticizing the entire human race.

You rip off from Kill Bill Volume 2. I clearly remember he said it was a bad comic.

Wrong Bill.

Superman is what he does. Clark is who he is.

Childhood is clinging to the power fantasy of heroes like Batman and Superman and Spider-man and Iron Man

Teen age is when you start shifting to the power fantasy of villains and antiheroes. Edgelords who don't follow morals and just do what they want to whomever pisses them off.

Adulthood is facing the reality that escapist fiction as a whole is garbage, and the only things in life that matter are football and beer.

>Batman is Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is Peter Parker, but Superman is just Superman, and CLARK is the disguise.
So "Smallville" is all about the disguise of a character, and the character behind the disguise appeared only after 10 years of TV series, on very last minute of the very last episode?

Superman is just a alias for the journalist Clark Kent who was born on a extraterrestrial dying planet but was raised in Kansas by two people on a farm. He didn't name himself Superman until he turned old enough to move to Metropolis. The Kryptonians weren't Gods, they were just humans under a different name (hell, most probably didn't even know about the Sun thing.)

But side fact: Superman in the 1938 was nothing like Superman nowadays and Krypton was just "another Earth" that was several eons older. Superman was basically an evolved non-terrestrial: a glorified strongman (who was a bit of a dick but that's besides the point).

To be honest Clark Kent would probably be offended and sad if you call him a God or god-like.

Man, superman haters can be so retarded. God knows how many times I've seen them use Bill's concept of superman as a legit criticism of the character when it couldn't be more obvious that it's a metaphor for the bride and how he couldn't understand the idea of her settling down.

Attached: 1214137986208.jpg (400x600, 66K)

*evolved non-terrestrial HUMAN

>Man, superman haters can be so retarded
I mean, they are the people constantly criticizing stories they have never read amd assuming that a character written by the biggest names in comic books for 81 cannot possibly have good stories. They are pretty dumb all the time.

I wouldn't trust a movie critic that reviews movies he didn't watch, or a book critic that reviews what he didn't read. Why should we make an exception for comic books?

Black and white morality is a concept that has multiple shades and possibilities. Superman has black and white morality. So does Rorschach, the Spectre, Hyperion, Black Adam and they are all different from each other. Moral absolutism can be diverse because what each character holds as absolute isn't the same thing.

>Batman is Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is Peter Parker, but Superman is just Superman, and CLARK is the disguise.
lol. I don't know why, but this one always gets Yea Forums autists extra worked up. Not even particularly wrong, but for whatever reason everyone hates this aspect of the character and can't wait to cry about how important Ma and Pa Kent are and how much they enjoyed reading A Superman for All Seasons.

Attached: 562.png (1597x1600, 532K)

>Not even particularly wrong, but for whatever reason everyone hates this aspect of the character

Because it is ripped off from Kill Bill and the narrative itself frames it as wrong. The people who took it at face value just reveal themselves as specially stupid.

This. People are just stupid and can't wrap their minds around a villain or a threat that can actually challenge Superman due to a decades-long memetic status of him being literally invulnerable and more powerful than every other fictional character (which isn't even true, even in the universe he's from).

Superman is wayyy more popular than Goku, you're just on a site dedicated to Japanese media.

It's not that he's powerful, it's that his rogues gallery is shit.

A hero is only as great as his villain.

That and the way he was raised leaves much to be desired in most runs.

Maybe they hate Superman when he's written poorly.

So 99% of time?

when was the last time you felt thrilled with a Superman panel? For me it was only when he died. OR hwne he hwas evil

Supes is fine, his fans are obnoxious