House/Powers of X

This shit's getting interesting. Hardcore Hickman, but man. I'm into it. Hope it doesn't shit the bed.

Attached: House Of X 05 (of 06)-000.jpg (1988x3056, 2.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JHickman/status/1176263459970920449
twitter.com/JHickman/status/1176332896522686464
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm loving it as well. I've already strapped in for the full ride.

I was gonna say he's seemingly turning them into the Inhumans, but then this issue happened. Jesus. This is all main continuity right? I mean, are we gonna get another Moira reset before this all sticks?

I really really hope they don't do a "Xavier was evil all along / It was really Cassandra Nova" thing

Let this be the new mutant status quo!

I mean I think that's the point. But they said Moira's got a few more timelines in her, so who knows.

>This is all main continuity right? I mean, are we gonna get another Moira reset before this all sticks?
Per the first issue, as well as Scott being in his Hickman suit for the cover of the Incoming! event, this is taking place in main continuity.

Attached: House Of X 01-034.jpg (1988x3056, 1.7M)

charts & farts

>they said Moira's got a few more timelines in her
The life before set 100 years in the future was her Ninth life. That makes the primary one that the new status quo is set in her tenth. The running theory is that she has a total of ten or eleven which means this may be her last.

Attached: House Of X 02 (of 06)-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.57M)

Wat

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

the cover to PoX 5 has me pretty hype.

i'm about to say that I don't think Xavier is evil but it would be a good twist if Sinister's inevitable betrayal was because Xavier was evil and Sinister is actually doing good.

I need to reread the gossip pages now that we know about the rebirthing

I think the Xavier is evil stuff is a lot of people reading into it and not actually supported by the text.

Incoming! also had a teaser with Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse in their HoX looks

Attached: large-4695315.jpg (600x923, 153K)

>Hope it doesn't shit the bed
>Hardcore Hickman

I like the ideas and the potential of the characters, but I feel the charts have more story in them than the actual story.

That seems odd to me. They say the only way to kill her is to get her as a child. Then that making the right choice will give her another one. Odd. Guess we'll see.

the right choices giving her an extra life is interesting, why would she want another go around if she finally perfects it?

bc Hickman is using the text as exposition dumps

Ah I see now. Yes, and I'm fine with that. For now. He's trying to basically shove a few years of setup into a much shorter timeline. As long as it results in cool shit, that's k.

I like including previously known malicious entities as a natural dramatic inflection point for the ongoings. How many of them will fulfill their destiny and betray the X-Men for power or personal gain? Which ones will accept being part of the fold?

And, ngl, I just love the fact that previously murdered characters are getting another chance. Presumably, muh boys Everett and Angelo are coming home.

Lemme be clear. I really like a lot of Hickman. But it is VERY Hickman.

You can probably bet on any mutant that has ever been relevant not taking 10 years to come back. And heck now they'll be semi-immortal.

A shame Hickman will not use Juggernaut, he could destroy those sentinels as if they were paper.

Attached: The Juggernaut bitch.png (1485x1148, 3.08M)

>Dirty blue wizards

But that's racist.

I don't know think you really need to read into anything to think that these X-Men are acting kinda evil

>They say the only way to kill her is to get her as a child.
Well they say that within the context of her still being able to savescum. If she had another life to fall back to, someone could stop her from being able to before her mutation emerged, but at this point she is in her 10th life, after she has become aware, and outgrown the risky period of her life. In theory the threat is no longer there. In theory the only risk there should be is whether or not she makes the right choice to come back for an 11th life.

What becomes interesting however is the threat of time travel, and how time travel functions within her mutation.

Can someone from the future of Moira's second life go back to the past of her 6th, or are the futures, and threats presented by them locked in exclusively to how she lived her respective lives and the consequences of them?

If someone in the future of her second life went back to kill her before her mutation emerged, and killed her, would it retroactively make it so she never lived lives 3-10?

If we keep it just in the 10th, does a threat come in the form of Bishop or the Phalanx sending someone back in time to kill Moira, only for Charles to send a team with Cable to stop that effort, and preserve this new HoX/PoX status quo?

Yeah, I've read a couple original Image books and even there he frequently shits the bed.
Infinity sucked, and there were too many issues narrated from a past tense pov which completely undercut dramatic momentum.

I really loved Secret Wars tho. And the general FF and Avengers runs were pretty good aside from the decompression.

Ok so they're crossing like, a LOT of VERY RED LINES here. How long till someone tries to nuke them?

Jeez this book is violent.

Yeah the whole Phalanx thing is... I'm still not even remotely sure where that is going right now. Feels a bit like it doesn't fit with the rest. Powers in general feels pretty scattershot compared to House. We'll see though.

that's fun

>Yeah the whole Phalanx thing is... I'm still not even remotely sure where that is going right now.
I totally agree. I'm honestly shocked that the X-Year 100 line got "resolved" to the degree that it did. It's also part of why I think New Mutants being split in space and on Earth is going to be more central to the overall plot than most of the other tie ins. I was talking with an user in the solicit thread last week, and was trying to say that I feel X-Men is going to focus on the emergence of Krakoa as a nation state, and the reaction of the global community to it, but for all of the emphasis of the Phalanx that is being set up in in PoX, maybe it is simplistic of me, but I do feel having half of the NM book starting out with the Shiar seems like where Hickman would begin whomever is going to pull on the Phalanx thread to tie them into the main story.

That's pretty much what the sentinel space station was. But yeah, they have basically set up portals into every major world power, set up shop on a sentient island, demanded lenience for a bunch of super-powered terrorists and genocidal maniacs and enforced it with their own power, DEFEATED DEATH, and, oh yes, they used psychics to influence government officials. Someone is going to want to nuke them. The question is how.

>Let this be the new mutant status quo!
Why not? Getting them their own country to live in (good mutants and bad) should isolate the X-Men and their problems enough from the main marvel universe I think.

>As long as it results in cool shit, that's k.

Remember how much Marvel butchered everything Morrison set up in just couple of years? I wouldn't hold my breath.

What's the threat now that they've made every mutant immortal? I mean they literally murdered five of the most well known mutants last issue. And I do wonder if they actually did. After all, Wolverine has survived worse.

>all the villains moving to krakoa will go wrong
>sinister's genetic fuckery
>resurrection going wrong
>apocalypse's original 4 horsemen coming back
>the Phalanx
>the possible continued existence of Nimrod
>Magneto turning tail

also thinking of the politics as introducing conflict. How will krakoa continue to interact with other nations? At what point will they be crossing too many boundaries? etc.

Someone fucking up or taking over the resurrection process seems almost certain. It raises all kinds of questions. What happens when a mutant goes rogue? Do they still resurrect them but put them in jail? What about when a mutant dies offworld? What about if they accidentally resurrect a mutant that came back to life by other means, or never actually died, and there's two of them? What if someone connives make a clone of themselves that way? Lot of interesting possibilities.

How were Morrison's sales though? Did he give a boost to the X line?

>>all the villains moving to krakoa will go wrong
Especially since some of the villains they've invited have ideologies and allegiances that are totally incompatible with the society Xavier is trying to create.

Attached: Gorgon-Hydra.jpg (500x1281, 146K)

Speculations as to what happens in the last issue, folks? While covers have been vague enough, they've also been fairly useful to see what happens on each issue, so considering what we've seen so far, what do you think will cause this incident?

Attached: scaled.powerofx2019006_dc11.jpg (1200x1845, 778K)

>Last issue
Wait what? They're going to wrap all this up in... 3 more issues? I THINK NOT.

Excuse my lack of X-Men knowledge, but isn't that red Nightcrawler the dude from the future in Powers? In the previous Moira timeline? That seems to be a rather large clue.

This is going to wrap up the weeklies, yes. But after this comes X-Men #1, which will carry from this story and the new status quo.
That's Priest indeed and if you look closely, there's Rasputin also. But if you remember, they all sacrificed themselves in Timeline 9, to give Moira the information on how to defeat Nimrod before he manifest, so their presence there, in what's supposed to be Timeline 10, is very curious.

That's Moira lamenting her previous lives. She's gonna die again, be born in her 11th life, die there for good and then we'll have our weeklies

That being the case, most of them are characters that have already sacrificed themselves for Moira's cause in one timeline or the other. The rest would be expected to take a hit too then. So... Expect at least Sabertooth and Beast to get killed I guess. I can't keep track of which blondes those all are.

Who's gonna write the weeklies? If it's not Hickman I'll probably drop it...

Hickman's going to write the main X-Men book (not sure if it's bi-monthly), and half of New Mutants with Brisson.
Duggan is going to write Marauders, and I am not sure about the others because I'm not picking up those, some can fill you in on these.

Adjectiveless X-Men comes out twice a month, yes.

Nimrod was able to go toe to toe with him in the past though.

Tiny, tiny bit of PoX #5 info from the redditor who spoiled HoX #5.

NOTE: As previously stated, while there has been no experimentation regarding what happens when you combine a mutant MIND with a HUSK that is not their own, it is believed that unless a mutant has some primary or secondary ability to overcome the potential damage such a mismatch would cause, it's likely to be harmful and possibly fatal.

NOTE: It is possible for a telepathic operator to replace their own mind with a previous (legacy) version, but doing so is incredibly difficult and would most likely require a skilled and experienced operator.

NOTE: Charles Xavier has done this twice.

Y tho.

i also give this a Y, really ponders the noggin

Too bad Nimrod is in the future now, Cain can deal with any of the other sentinels.

The redditor also says:

So...I don't think that Moira's mind is swimming around in Xavier's husk as some are guessing...

And there are also a couple of other clues in this issue as to where Moira is right now.

Friendly reminder that:
1. Absolutely NOBODY gives a fuck about the X-Men anymore.
2. Yea Forums actively wants ALL mutants characters murdered as brutally as possible and their corpses raped.
3. Hackman's saga is gonna flop hard and should convince MarLEL to never publish a mutant character ever again.

Psh you wish. The mainstream still loves whatever X-Men they grew up with. We will never be rid of them. And that's fine, as long as they keep them mostly out of non-X-Men storylines, as they were much smarter about doing before... I dunno, the post-Civil War era where everything is a mega crossover all the time.

Soooo how do these new, nationalist X-Men feel about Inhumans? Does Kamala get a free respawn?

Attached: kamala.png (320x341, 243K)

They aren't tracking Inhumans. But I'm pretty sure that, with enough ingenuity, they can do the same on their own... In fact, Sinister WAS doing something like that before he got stopped on his tracks (see: Secret Warriors). Inhumans have Kree tech at their disposition.

1. Based
2. Based
3. X-tremely Based

moira embraces nimrod and becomes a mutant/ omega sentinel hybrid

>It is possible for a telepathic operator to replace their own mind with a previous (legacy) version
I don't get this.

It shit the bed from the start, with the Moira issue and with making everyone clones.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

She just needs to ask the right Inhuman

Attached: Mael tube.jpg (900x1348, 174K)

I know it's kind of difficult because she hasn't had a through line due to being dead for 15 years, but Jean is acting like 1970s Jean. Which your post makes me consider.

Jean's been through enough mindfuckery that I imagine she might consider doing it too.

They probably just see them as potential trading partners or something to that degree.
>Does Kamala get a free respawn?
No I think that's for Mutants only

As in, they replace their own mind with a backup, thus erasing anything that happened after that backup from their memory. Like when you screw up in a videogame, so you just turn it off and boot up to your old save file.

>Mael has been dead since 2005
Well I guess we still have one inhuman dude who can bring people back from the dead.

Attached: Reader.jpg (655x418, 118K)

Got it. Wonder why Xavier did it to himself twice.

He's not dead his he is just too irrelevant for people to fix his wiki. He was in realm of kings he led Phyla vell to that cocoon with Thanos inside.
>Reader in charge of bringing people back to life
no thanks

Attached: Auran two.jpg (1041x1600, 473K)

Thanks for the info man.

>This week is POX #5, featuring the mutant everyone has been waiting to see.

twitter.com/JHickman/status/1176263459970920449

Who is it?

I need to know where did this happen. Uncanny Inhumans?

Blink pls.

>Uncanny Inhumans?
Yep

Excellent, thank you! I was already considering getting the hardcovers.

I mean, the fact that even the evil mutants are joining up is some of the only difference we got between them and the Inhumans. We’ve got an isolationist society that doesn’t allow anyone but their own kind in and views themselves as better than everyone else, we’ve now got rituals in which the characters emerge from eggs as opposed to cocoons, groups that go out and try to get others of their kind come join their nation and abandon their lives thus living for this nation. Pretty much the only thing they’re missing at this point are a monarchy and slaves and they’ll have basically become the Inhumans

Well yeah that's the thing. At least for now, they're more egalitarian. Although Magneto's statements in this issue foreshadow that changing. About how the more cunning and intelligent can take power once things are settled.

>Hope it doesn't shit the bed.
Hickman always shits the bed, that's his thing along with sucking off the Richards. I'm calling it now the FF save the day.

We'll find out what happened in her 6th lifetime.

That one was called on account of rain.

>Remember how much Marvel butchered everything Morrison set up in just couple of years?
Why would you expect them to do anything else? The important characters he killed were never going to stay dead, and the mutant population increasing from thousands to millions wasn't a sustainable direction unless Marvel wanted to force all their other comics to drop any pretence at surface-level resemblance to the real world.

You know, once this all comes crashing down, it is going to be a spectacular sight the likes of which we have never seen before. And the sad thing is, the X-Men will have no one to blame but themselves for all the bridges that their sheer arrogance here have burned and basically putting all their eggs in one basket

Like that ever stopped them. Infinity War/Endgame killed half the universe for 5 years. They all came back completely unchanged and everyone acted like nothing happened. Remember when they showed everyone reuniting at Pete's school at the end? Except half the class would have graduated years ago, and no time would have passed for the rest of them. Plus, you know, all the myriad other fucked up consequences of half the universe being dead for 5 years. But no, now everything is right back to normal.

>Are the dead mutants really being resurrected, or are they just clones?
>What if Sinister sabotages the cloning process?
>What if someone creates several copies of the same dead mutant?
>The power struggle between Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse seems inevitable, what if the 5 mutants required for the cloning take different sides?
>What happens if they choose to resurrect someone from an earlier, more idealized backup? (probably going to happen with Vulcan)
>What happens then if the original version had survived, and comes back?
>Murder mystery plot on Krakoa, the victim can be resurrected, but has no memory of who killed them
>Someone rebels against the rulers of Krakoa, they kill him and bring back an earlier version
There's so much they can do with this, without the story even needing to leave the island.

Moira X.

Either like a computer, to remove some kind of corruption that was affecting him, or to erase his memory of something nobody should know.

UhhhhHHHHHHHHHhhhh I think I thought of a thing. WHAT IF THEY TRY TO BRING BACK MOIRA? THE FUCK HAPPENS THEN?

Attached: Strage.png (417x568, 453K)

Ayyyy.

Maybe that's how she "dies" finally. They try to resurrect her but someone gets to the egg before it matures and kills it. And that counts.

Humanity deserves to win, to be free of the mutant menace once and for all. To hell with the muties.

Humanity fucking sucks. Unfortunately mutants aren't any better.

NOBODY MUST EVER KNOW.

Attached: Xavier sex offender.jpg (780x352, 137K)

Is moira dressed like nimrod/bastion?

BUT SHE DOES KNOW, CHARLES XAVIER.

Attached: Yeah it's real, sorry jean.jpg (970x1615, 456K)

Invaders referenced the Krakoa situation and according to solicits everything is going ahead forward in the upcoming on-goings. So, yes, this is the new 616 status quo for now (and it's selling well, so there's no reason to suddenly drop everything).

>and the mutant population increasing from thousands to millions wasn't a sustainable direction unless Marvel wanted to force all their other comics to drop any pretence at surface-level resemblance to the real world.

Weren't most of them in a specific town anyway? It could easily be ignored by other books.

Xavier having his body taken over by Onslaught and Cassandra Nova could be the two events being referred to.

Neither of those were older back-ups of his mind, and those were far from the only two times he's been possessed.

Was this a variant?

Attached: EFL8DsGVAAA1Hwx.jpg (1125x870, 230K)

Everything seems to be main continuity, the only weird thing was Destiny saying Moira could get another life she played her cards right.

Yes

They're two of the most notable times, if he was going to reset his mind back to an earlier save point, erasing those periods are possibilities.

What would be the point of erasing them when he wasn't even conscious for them?

From a biological point of view it's still his brain. Going back to being himself would be functionally the same as resetting to an earlier state.

That is most definitely not the same as what the spoiler is talking about.

>NOTE: It is possible for a telepathic operator to replace their own mind with a previous (legacy) version, but doing so is incredibly difficult and would most likely require a skilled and experienced operator.
>NOTE: Charles Xavier has done this twice.
>Y tho.
Memory gambit (not Gambit the X-men, gambit the word meaning tactic).
If you ever watched Death Note, it's the same as when Light intentionally wipes his own memory of being the killer by letting go of the death note so he can better ingratiate himself with / fool the people investigating the killings.
Or if you watched the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series, it's like how Yugi was able to prevent Pegasus from using his mind reading on him by switching between Yami Yugi and regular Yugi.
We already know from pic related that part of Xavier and Moira's keikaku involves wiping people's minds temporarily until some future moment when it will become safe / useful to have them remember what was forgotten.
So this is probably an extension of that, where maybe Xavier needs to be able to pass muster with others who could otherwise tell his heart wasn't in the right place if he knew certain details of their plan too soon (e.g. Krakoa might not be so cooperative if it sensed he was planning something bad for mutant-kind).
It might even be the case that he knows rationally what he has to do but wouldn't be able to go through with it because of how fucked up it is unless he wipes his own mind until the time comes when he's already unwittingly laid out all the groundwork for some sort of mass betrayal / mutant holocaust or something like that in order to make pulling the trigger as quick and painless as possible at the end. Pretty much anything's on the table for his behavior at this point since he's operating in terms of Moira's information which goes beyond normal strategy and into the weird sorts of territory that comes with trying to game fate for the least bad / most profitable overall destination.

Attached: Untitled.png (642x480, 526K)

Glob

bone claw wolverine

Most of what was bad about his Avengers run was due to editorial mandate so if this isn't affected as much by it, it'll probably be great

If they're all in the hardcover I think I outta get it.

>tfw you already precommanded the HC
Dude, they better put all those sweet ass variants in the cover gallery

If you are cloned after you die, you're still dead.

Jean, Scott, Logan...they are all in hell now, watching as their newest clones live their lives.

>the mutant everyone has been waiting to see
WHY DIDN'T ANYONE BRING ME BACK TO LIFE?

Attached: till4.jpg (640x480, 20K)

>If you are cloned after you die, you're still dead.
No. Continuity of "self" isn't real in the first place. It's an abstract convenience based on similarity in memory content and physical appearance. The cloned mutants aren't any more dead than the non-cloned mutants are relative to their own past selves.

>muh philosophy
If you are dead, and someone makes a clone of you, you are still dead.

Likewise, if a character dies but is then replaced by a version of himself from another universe that is 100% equal to what he was, he is still dead.

Tell it to Keiko O'Brien. And like, 60% of comic book characters.

What about this brehs?

Attached: 962978A1-6325-4623-A338-F7663795D5D6.png (963x131, 58K)

>Jean, Scott, Logan...they are all in hell now, watching
>people argue whether they're dead or not
>nobody argues about them going to Hell when they die
This has been an important victory in the war on mutants.

Attached: Purifiers_(Earth-616)_from_X-Men_Messiah_Complex_Vol_1_1.jpg (800x1200, 374K)

>muh philosophy
Not an argument. "Self" is a story. Take the Buddhism-pill already.
If you line up a bunch of pebbles on the ground, they don't magically start sharing in pebble-self identity. There isn't any actual mechanism that yokes together each individual instance of a body-moment with al the other body-moments in the past and future direction from it either.
What's there in reality are similar memories / knowledge, similar habits, similar physical form, etc.
Reproduce all those things and the product isn't any more or less authentic than any random non-cloned body-moment is relative to past body-moments.

Attached: Dunhuang_Mara_Budda.jpg (1964x2523, 2.44M)

There was someone posting in previous HoX/PoX threads about how if a clone is a perfect copy of the dead original and has all the memories of the original, the soul of the original attaches itself to the clone. Basically sidestepping the issue, making the clone not just a copy, but the original just in a different body.

I dunno what comic that is confirmed in, though.

In the Marvel universe there are souls confirmed. So that makes sense. The deities/entities/abstractions upstairs must straighten shit out. Can't just be having mortals replicating souls willy nilly.

It's explicitly rejected as an idea here (from most recent House of X issue). You can have more than one instance of a mutant alive at the same time. There's nothing wrong with that. The only problem mentioned is others might *believe* there's something wrong with that because of their own hang-ups regarding morality.
In contrast just above that section it talks about other topics where there likely would be problems of substance, like with trying to put one mutant's mind into another mutant's husk.

Attached: Untitled.png (896x432, 234K)

Your own perspective is your own universe, who cares if they cloned your, your universe is dead

Not him, but I understand this.
The issue though, what body should be left?

It doesn't really reject it.

Assuming the soul attaching is true, all that means is that the soul would attach to the first husk. The duplicate husks created after that would just be standard clones.

And on implanting the back up minds into another person/mutant's husk. Like I said, that user was saying both the clone's body and memories have to be a perfect replica of the original. A different person's husk means a different body, so the soul wouldn't attach.

>If you line up a bunch of pebbles on the ground, they don't magically start sharing in pebble-self identity. There isn't any actual mechanism that yokes together each individual instance of a body-moment with al the other body-moments in the past and future direction from it either.
Pebbles lack consciousness. They can't form thought the way humans can. Your analogy is weak.

PAD's Scarlet Spider run went into all of that.

It seems like Moore's mind overwrote Charles mind, and made him the evil apocalypse girlfriend that she was previously. I mean, that's not going to be the story but that's what the picture are giving the imaginary female comic readers something to shlick to.

Oh shit Alan Moore is possessing Xavier?

"Consciousness" / mental objects don't exist in between moments any more than physical objects do. They're just another item in the bundle. Continuity and identity are invented around them as a way to help drive behavior in social situations mostly e.g. managing debt or enforcing the law.

PS: Not "my" idea either. The concept's called skandhas and had already anticipated that reply about "consciousness" several thousand years ago.

Does it? All I remember is Death indirectly confirming that the Jackal killing/cloning Ben repeatedly pre-SpiderGeddon were actual resurrections for Ben. And thats why his soul was all fucked up.

I don't remember anything about the actual mechanism being explained.

Moira's mind had multiple lifetimes of memories hundreds of years of a person staying themselves, and then had Xavier look into her mind completely unprepared and we don't know what happened after that, he could have fell down roaming at the mouth and some up walking like a girl. His postures under the helmet has been extremely feminine. Maybe this PoxHox has been Cassandra Nova's origin story the whole time?

There's about 100 pages more of extras confirmed in the hardcover, so they're definitely going to include all of these plus designs and likely excerpts of the script.

Attached: D26F4BF5-3C53-4867-A366-549E2BD9E9AF.png (880x580, 836K)

>Old Cable
I miss him. Why is Havok a shota?

>This Krakoan propaganda is getting a little heavy-handed.

twitter.com/JHickman/status/1176332896522686464

>FREE
>THIGHS
>FOR A
>FREE
>PEOPLE

Attached: EFMshIIXkAACJis.jpg (675x1700, 208K)

>>Old Cable
Has Kid Cable even showed up once on these covers? I just keep on seeing Old Cable.

He's on the covers for the upcoming X-Men and Fallen Angel's, but he hasn't been on any HoX/PoX.

Full spoilers are out.

Year One...Xavier meets with Forge...they're going to use Shi'ar technology to turn Cerebro from mutant tracking system to mutant hard drive...

Flashback to just before HoX #1...Xavier and Magneto approach Emma about her role in their plans...they want her to control the worldwide distribution of the Krakoan drugs and be the public political face of the whole nation. Krakoa will be governed by a council of twelve, and Emma gets two seats...the other is for Sebastian Shaw...they want her to recruit him for black ops. She agrees "for the children" but only in exhcnage for a third seat...

Xavier invites all the villains to Krakoa...including Namor...but Namor doesn't believe Xavier really sees mutants as superior to humans as he's letting on...so he refuses to join until Xavier can prove he's really sincere about all this stuff...

Year 1,000...The Phalanx consumes the Elder...there are societies bigger than the Phalanx and it is suggested that all black holes are connected by the same singularity..."one giant societal intelligence"

Something scaldin' hot must be happening in PoX #5 for spoilers to be leaking on a Monday of all days. I'm not checking any of that but judging by some of your unspoilered replies, I get the gist of it.
I know it might be too much to ask but please use the spoiler tags until Wednesday? Unless the thread is explicitly for spoilers, which this isn't.

>Xavier invites all the villains to Krakoa...including Namor...but Namor doesn't believe Xavier really sees mutants as superior to humans as he's letting on...so he refuses to join until Xavier can prove he's really sincere about all this stuff...
Based namor

>There was someone posting in previous HoX/PoX threads about how if a clone is a perfect copy of the dead original and has all the memories of the original, the soul of the original attaches itself to the clone. Basically sidestepping the issue, making the clone not just a copy, but the original just in a different body.
>It doesn't really reject it.
>Assuming the soul attaching is true, all that means is that the soul would attach to the first husk.
Yeah, no. That's not how it works at all. It sounds like someone completely misunderstood pic related.
The clone is just the body. It doesn't have the mind, and there isn't a soul separate from the mind that gets added to it. The mind and the soul are two words for the same stuff Charles keeps on copying over for everyone with Cerebro.
This is why the below pic about the resurrection protocol exists. Because there is nothing stopping them from creating multiple versions of the same mutant alive at the same time each with a copy of the same mind / soul. There was never a separate soul thing that attaches itself to the body as a separate component to all this beyond what Charles provides with a copy of the latest scan he has in his mental file for the given resurrected mutant. That extra part you were told about is just confused user head canon bullshit.

Attached: hox5.jpg (1041x1600, 544K)

>below pic:

isn't MAximus somewhat evil? HE was part of the administration during War of Kings

>Year 1,000...The Phalanx consumes the Elder...there are societies bigger than the Phalanx and it is suggested that all black holes are connected by the same singularity..."one giant societal intelligence"
Christ. The Phalanx are already at the galactic level.

Well, thanks for clearing that up. I guess its just an user headcanoning why Ben's repeated cloning were confirmed as resurrections by PAD.

Back to being pissed off that Hickman is killing characters and replacing them with copies.

PS: Also note they have no way of knowing if any mutant is *really* dead in the first place other than witnessing the death (including telepathically witnessing it) / hearing about it per this:
Since:
A) We know what they're calling a "soul" is coming from Charles and
B) We know Charles doesn't have a way of knowing for sure if a mutant is dead
From A and B we know the soul copies Charles can imbue clones with aren't connected in any way to whether or not the source of the copy is dead. They aren't souls in the traditional sense that pop out of your body when you die so they can move on to the afterlife. They're more like the Windows backup save points you can use to revert your OS to how it was a week ago to try to solve some new problem that came up recently.

>All the dumbasses in the replies
Jeez, writing down to these retards must be a chore

I translated it fairly quickly and posted it in here. I know we like to bitch about how people here have low reading comprehension, but after seeing the replies in the tweet and how many stumbled trying to translate and understand the thing they're supposed to be following, I now embrace this community even more.

>Namor is going to abandon the atlanteans again for muties
I hate it every time

You guys aee brainlets. Lets simplify the soul debate.

Here are three indisputable facts:

1. Souls exist in the Marvel universe
2. Charles is using his personality and memory backups to imprint into perfect and blank genetic clones
3. Multiple identical clones can exist at the same time

The two opposing claims are:

1. When the originals die, their souls are sent to wherever souls go and their clones will have a copy of the original soul.

2. The original soul attaches to the clone because they are 100% identical and so there is a direct continuation of the self like as if they went to sleep and woke up.

I will prove that claim 2 is completely wrong by way of flawless operation of logic.

If multiple copies of the exact same person can be running around at the same time with identical memories and personality, then for (2.) to make sense, the soul would need to split itself x number of ways to attach to each clone.

This in itself is problematic because that implies that souls can be divided and also in such a way that the clones don't suffer any loss of personality or such. For the clones to be perfectly 100% identical after soul 'division' then the soul can be said to have been copied.

Also, for the soul attachment to work, does that mean the soul only attaches to clones with 100% matching memories and personalities? What if there is a 10 second gap between Xavier's backup and the original's death? What if Xavier brought back a 5 year younger version? Would the clone be an empty husk because no soul attaches to it? Hell no, cloning doesn't work that way. The younger clone will still be animated and act as a perfect copy of the person at the time in which he was cloned from.

>1. When the originals die, their souls are sent to wherever souls go and their clones will have a copy of the original soul.
The White Hot Room. Which is very much confirmed as something that exists and allows reincarnation (The Phoenix dwells here).

Attached: White_Hot_Room-Quasar.jpg (2000x1531, 876K)

>that implies that souls can be divided

They can. Illyana was working off 40% of a soul for years

>Would the clone be an empty husk because no soul attaches to it?
Clones have their own souls. We've seen that multiple times, Ben Reilly, Kaine, Maddy Pryor, etc. Pretty sure we've also seen clones that don't have souls because they're clones.

So... yeah.

>They're more like the Windows backup save points you can use to revert your OS to how it was a week ago to try to solve some new problem that came up recently.
Oh neat. This is like the AI Tony backup argument in Slott's Iron Man (based on Fraction's run involving backups) but with cerebro

And leading up to Secret Wars it is revealed Strange had been selling portions of his soul for years

I think that mutant task force they mention is going to be the X-Force book.

>mutant MIND with a HUSK that is not their own, it is believed that unless a mutant has some primary or secondary ability to overcome the potential damage such a mismatch would cause, it's likely to be harmful and possibly fatal.

Uhh did someone else get Paige's body?

Yes Maximus is somewhat evil but this mostly comes from his desire to be king and his insanity caused by his brother's voice. It doesn't help that he has a large Ego as well.

Attached: You'll all be mine to command for ever.jpg (564x826, 178K)

Maybe you should read the fucking comics before asking something so stupid.

Doesn't help that he has definitely seen some shit.

Attached: try_not_to_scream_Royals.png (290x474, 231K)

what the hell is going on with baby havok? and speaking of, whatever happened to havok and janets kid?

>whatever happened to havok and janets kid
Nothing.

Kid got erased when the timeline got undone. Kang told Havok and Janet the exact moment Havok needs to ejaculate in Janet to conceive the kid. Then Havok and Janet went their separate ways.

No one really cares about Remender's leftovers.

I'm just saying why even bring up the possibility of something going wrong in the resurrection process like the clones getting someone else's mind if you're not going to explore the possibility

Husk and Angel immediately died on that mission, there was no reason to even include them.
Not unless there was a plan to use them to explore this concept

Both of them have powers and mutations that accommodate a massive change in personality
Paige has a secondary mutation that makes her change her personality when she sheds her skin too much
And when Warren goes from Angel to Archangel it's like a second personality takes over

You convieniently left out that this has not been tested, and it is only a theory.

So while it is potentially set up for it happening in the future, it has not yet happened.

So, no. The Husk (and Angel) on that mission doesn’t have another person’s mind. You illiterate moron.

I guess that Hickman won't acknowledge the Invaders retcons regarding Xavier and Namor.

literally how?

What retcons?

Can I get a summary of what's going on with X-Men? Read up Jean coming back and some X-Men Red but quickly lost interest.

Charles and Cyclops are alive and normal these days?

Attached: gottagofast.jpg (221x259, 15K)

Gazer

It turns out that Xavier is responsible for Namor going crazy a bunch of times because he used his telepathy to "fix him" with an imaginary friend.

Where's this from?

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN
>Cyclops came back due to Phoenix shenanigans
>Xavier came back by taking over Phantomex' body, but now he seemingly has a clone of his original body.
>The X-Men have now created a new mutants-only nation on Krakoa
>They have been accepted by most nations because they have a monopoly on miracle lifespan-enhancing drugs produced by Krakoa.
>They got amnesty for all mutant criminals and invited them to Krakoa. Even Apocalypse and Mister Sinister.
>Recently, a bunch of X-Men died stopping a satellite on the sun from launching Nimrod in the present day.
>However, it turns out that the X-Men now have a process to bring back every single dead mutant, so they bring back everyone that died on the mission. Other mutants that died such as Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Vulcan, Synch, and others have also been brought back.
>Also, there's some really complicated stuff about Moira McTaggert actually being a mutant all along with the power to relive her life every time she dies. Earth 616 is actually Moira's 10th life after 9 lives trying to solve the human-mutant problem. It turns out that in this 10th life, Magneto and Xavier had been working with her for the Krakoa endgame all along.

Attached: house-of-x-heroes-villains-face-the-future-teaser.jpg (738x738, 89K)

Well, then. That was unnecessarily stupid.

>satellite on the sun
Sounds plausible

>X-Men now have a process to bring back every single dead mutant, so they bring back everyone that died on the mission
Sounds like lazy writing. And without the threat of death all the action would feel inconsequential

Also, the X-Men act kind of like a cult now.

Attached: Kurt runining the view.jpg (1988x3056, 2.14M)

the same shit they did on Gantz: There was 2 kuronos and 2 Kishimotos, same everything, but at some point they started becoming different because of their actions.

That might be saved for a future story arc/event.

It's also possible that Moira just kills herself before her mutation emerges by the time she's in her 11th, thinking its all useless.

Or, you know, she just takes the cure for mutation that she's known how to make since her third life.

I can see it that Xavier, and maybe with some other mutants help, did something that a lot/most would find abhorrent, so he had to not only mindwipe everyone but also himself as a precaution in case some telepath managed to snoop into his mind.

>emember when they showed everyone reuniting at Pete's school at the end? Except half the class would have graduated years ago, and no time would have passed for the rest of them.
Did you even watch Far From Home? We literally see that they now have a classmate that used to be their underclassman. And how sure are you that half of them didn't? We're only seeing like the ones that Peter's close to, for all we know the rest actually got dusted and these are the only ones remaining. Heck, I'm pretty sure their group is missing a few more members from Homecoming, those who aren't there could have graduated.

Attached: 1491575133384.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

I'm thinking Xavier is Moira

can't wait for the human to btfo all this muties in the end

>not Remender's remainders
tsk tsk

>Sounds plausible
You're living on one.

It has to be Maggott
X-writers alway keep joking about him

Is that Lou Reed?

>not recognizing MOOOOOOORPH

By being the most highly-advanced Sentinel from the future, capable of regenerating and adapting to any foe.

I think most people forget just how powerful Claremont intended Nimrod to be. Hickman hasn’t.

Remember or what's his name. That guy from one issue whose power is everyone forgets him after he leaves their vision.

Forget-Me-Not. This is the THIRD time I've had to remind someone of their name in threads like this, seems like it's either a meme now or his power reached the fourth wall.