Sonic is kind of a douchebag desu

Sonic is kind of a douchebag desu

Attached: D4541DA0-45A4-492A-A879-E98FD404B526.jpg (662x1024, 180K)

You should read Fleetway

Attached: fleetway.png (526x583, 746K)

Attached: ohno.png (883x793, 1.8M)

The older I get the less fondly I look back on Ian's Sonic comics.

Sonic is THE mascot with attitude. Good that he talks shit. Fuck Sega for downplaying their mascot's character in a desperate attempt to make him more marketable. Dude isn't Mickey Mouse, he's Sonic the fucking Hedgehog.

Also, comics Eggman is a monster. He deserves this absolute decimation.

The west has always been better at doing their own thing with Sonic. The minute "Aw YeAh ThIs iS hApPeNiN'" was uttered that was apparent.

Compared to
>GOTTA SPEED KEED
>JUICE AND JAM TIME
>WAY PAST COOL
Like, seriously?

>The west marketed the game better than his home country
>Made the cartoons and comics that, while being separated from the games, offered more ways for people to connect with the characters.
>The east only has a manga that barely anyone remembers, an anime that gimped itself by including humans and the OVA.
I'm still annoyed with all the BS SoA had to put up with from SoJ. Imagine... things could be different from the way they are now. Maybe the Sonic twitter wouldn't have to rely on memes at it's own expense.
It screamed 90's didn't bother me too much.

literally yes

For all of Archie Sonic's faults Jesus Christ it was at least interesting. The IDW comic is dull as dish water and if it was cancelled tomorrow nothing would be lost. These creative restraints Japan put on the franchise are so shitty.

I heard that the IDW comics were eh so I ended up reading that spinoff instead.

There was a controversy recently where the IDW writers wanted to let Shadow take of his restraining bracelet things and go psycho mode but Japan wouldn't allow it.

That crying Sonic cover must have REALLY pissed them off or something.

>implying that's a Japan thing and not an "Isn has been writing this comic for nearly 15 years" thing.
We've only had one opportunity to see other writers get a shot (the annual), and one out of four did a seven page story that's equal to some of Ian's best stuff. Evan also managed to do better than her last attempt and deliver a modestly entertaining story. Even Ian himself has been doing better with the Tangle and Whisper mini, because it's new ground for him.

People need to stop blaming Sega and look at the patterns in front of them.

The main story at the moment is a robot zombie outbrake. Problem is that it mostly consist of Sonic running all over the place because he's infected (and running is the only way to stave it off). Eggman is just dumping the shit around without a plan of what to do after and his newest minion is going to recruit (or enslave) the Zeti from Lost World. You'd THINK this would be interesting... but it's not.

No, the comic is forced to be mind numbingly 'safe' that's the problem.

This is some crazy ass telephone you're playing, user.

A fan said that Ian claimed that Sega nixed his idea of using the bracelets on Shadow's gloves as "limited rings," something only ever seen in Sonic X and Sonic 06. That's not something they consider canon anymore, so they don't want to perpetuate association with it. Ian ended up writing a shitty rewrite, so people blame Sega.

>That crying Sonic cover must have REALLY pissed them off or something.
Why do people keep repeating this shit?
Ian said the rules he dealt with were in place before he started working at Archie, which was over a year before that cover saw print.
Ken had no involvement with that cover and already left Archie of his own accord by the time it hit print.
Sanford Greene drew more covers after that.

There was no backlash to the crying Sonic cover. It's an urban myth created by conflating an edit to pages of Sonic weeping like a baby with a cover of Sonic crying that printed a year earlier.

Will you fury fucks ever learn?

>That's not something they consider canon anymore, so they don't want to perpetuate association with it

That's actually fucking retarded though. Who cares about game canon?

According to who, where, when? Nobody has said anything like this. We've seen that this comic is more lax on both sex and violence. The creators have been allowed to create new places and characters. Everything has generally been less safe than Reboot Archie, it's just written like shit.

Where are you getting this bullshit from?

>Why would Sega want to stop a comic designed to advertise its mascots from referencing material they want to bury?
Can't imagine. They're still trying to correct course and bring Shadow's personality back to SA2/Heroes.

Granted I've only read the first four issues or so but it was a boring slog. Maybe there's some drastic upturn.

This a million times.

They don't want to bury Sonic 06' it was in Generations.

They don't know what's in 06 nor Gens. Japanese suits are the suitest and Iizuka is straight-up retarded.

user that was almost a decade ago. Back then they were cool with the comics having stuff like Shadow being a GUN agent and using his characterization from that game.
These days they push for Shadow to be more arrogant and cocky and try to keep a distance from both his backstory and X/06's idea of his "character development." Company policy changes over time. Remember that back in 2005 they were cool with Uncle Chuck.
Not really, and I guess I understand where you're coming from, but nothing suggests this is ordered from on-high. It looks more like the writer is just burned out.

I just don't understand where this hyper strict brand awareness came from? Why are they clamping down so hard on what is or isn't allowed? I thought it was more fun when people were just allowed to do whatever with Sonic.

I don't know, you'd think it wasn't even a thing with how much the Sonic twitter has taken a jab the series as a whole.

...what's hyper strict about it?
You guys realize writing for anything you don't own is like this, right? The licensor/owner gives feedback on your draft to keep it on brand. "Don't do this specific thing" is pretty damn lenient compared to how a lot of brands get crazy shit like "Character X MUST do this and this and CAN'T do anything outside of that" (see: most adaptations of shonen manga properties).
And if you're asking why they bother at all, consider: there are still people who call Eggman Robotnik, insist on Mobius being a thing, and think Somic has a robot dad.

Sega doesn't want more of those, so they tell writers to keep the characters on brand. Even then they barely do that, Ian's Sonic is often extremely out of character and doesn't have the right syntax or rhythm to his speech at all.

It's clear that anons in this thread have a better understanding of this franchise's 'insider baseball' than I do but I do think the idea of limiting the use of what references the writers can pull from or characters the writers can use will inevitably stifle their creativity. I dunno, I just feel like having these notes hanging over your head of how these characters must react to things would be rough. Maybe it's not as exaggerated as I'm making it out to be but it's there right? That being said I do totally get Sega having a say in things to stop shit from flying into coo-coo Penders territory. It really does end up reading more like a vehicle to push merch than a story trying to be told.

I do think there's something to the idea of unifying the brand. Sonic has one of the most broken fanbases out there due to the insane amount of adaptations.

>Crying sonic cover

That was one of the Archie ones, right?

he was always kind of a douchebag. that was what gave him the edge against mario. his 'tude.

i think that was the one where he learned that sally was getting married to another dude or some shit

oh hey found it.

Attached: STH155.jpg (389x600, 64K)

This was catharsis because Eggman did the same shit to him 25 issues ago.

Attached: RCO021.jpg (1280x1980, 668K)

Eh. It was okay.

And Sonic openly mocks Eggman about it, claiming that it didn't actually matter when Sonic's record is still Infinity-to-1.

Why was Sonic so mean to Tails in those comics?

Attached: gotta go fast.jpg (415x893, 202K)

It's a little late for SEGA to try conquering their fanbase by expelling things that don't fit Sega!Sonic mold, especially when they created a ANOTHER sub-franchise with Boom only a few years ago. They should just let things be.

I love how his eyes are under the glasses, that's how it should be.

Attached: Coconuts010.jpg (720x576, 104K)

>ALL YOU DO IS WHINGE AND COMPLAIN
>YOU'RE REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES, TAILS

I question if Fleetway Sonic's asshole factor is a generational thing or an english thing, because there's attitude and there's being an hateful person.

Post more this shit is hilarious, reminds me of the old pooh comics

Attached: 9A643A3E-546D-4134-A2ED-C26B5341BF58.gif (750x226, 61K)

Can I post BELOVED characters here?

Attached: whisper by y-firestar.jpg (1280x1792, 332K)

A bit of both.