Extremely popular in live action

>extremely popular in live action
>still considered a C-list character in the comics and has no good runs

What's goin on here?

Attached: mcu-1-iron-man.jpg (825x464, 59K)

>What's goin on here?
Slott, and yes. It's as bad as you can imagine

RDJ's charisma is impossible to emulate on the comics page and you can't have a character who's a great forward-thinking futurist in a shared universe where nothing is ever allowed to change ahead of the real world.

Moviefags don't read comics

Robert Downey Jr. has talent.
Comic book writers generally don't, on average.

Marvel struck gold with Spider-Man, everyone else is boring as sin including the "main stay" characters like Captain America and Iron Man.

This

Movie Iron Man is some limp wristed shit. They butchered demon in a bottle badly

You've made this thread several times in the past with the same "He has no good runs" bullshit. If you want an Iron Man thread you can just make one without screening it as a shitpost, user. To answer the question of why he's still selling like a C-lister despite his newfound fame with the MCU, Marvel hasn't gave a shit in the last decade and just slaps shitty writers on his books. Comics is also a dying medium.

Enjoy your MCU Iron Man with lack of secondary characters, rogue gallery and only 1 good movie.

Comics are not a dying medium. Floppies are, and they are still “dying” too slowly

Marvel movies are not made for the literate.

It's funny to me that comics are known for changing stuff due to movies but still haven't managed to make Iron Man important in the comics like he was in the movies

Have to disagree. I like it a lot.

Especially after Bendis.

Confirmed for not reading any comic books

Let's see who wrote him in this decade:

Fraction was wrapping up his run in the early 2010's
Gillen did his run which revealed Tony was adopted all along
Tom Taylor wrote Superior Iron Man, which while a few people on here keep praising, didn't really sell that well compared to Gillen or Bendis writing Tony but selling better than Bendis' Riri/Doom era and Slott's recent issues of Iron Man.
Bendis wrote afterwards and introduced Tony's real mom, then wrote Civil War 2 where Rhodey died and Tony is in some kind of coma or whatever while Riri and Doom take over as Iron Men.
And now Slott's currently writing the book.

oof

Attached: dims.png (530x328, 231K)

>And now Slott's currently writing the book.
How bad is it?

Warren Ellis' Extremis run was kino.

Marvel's writers fucking hate Iron Man because his success as a character is entirely in spite of them.

It's telling that the last time his last good run was from a writing team that doesn't normally work on comics.

This is like seeing a vulture eating roadkill and then blaming it for the death of the animal.

It was also in the 00's

It's even worse than his Spider-Man run. The guy is reaching new lows.

Comics keep killing him off,
replacing him with other new OCs
making him into the villain of a crossover
making him into the joke character everyone else rolls their eyes at or hates

Marvel likes to use him as the good guy that goes bad and starts attaching other heroes way too often. Or they have him be the asshole that builds super secret contingency plans to take down other heroes. And at best he is reduced to background smart guy in major events. He is never the one to stop the villain or save anyone, he is the one that figures out how the villain doom machine works, while Cap or Thor goes to stop the villain.

He's doing what he did to Spider-Man for the most part: Downplaying the lead character by crowding him with other supporting characters who either take his spotlight or just make him look stupid constantly. In the first issue of Slott's run, he has Tony introduce his new company brand. He stands proudly among some familiar faces but mostly literal who OCs and has Tony proclaim "WE are Iron Man!" So he can't even be his own hero. Slott's early issues seemed to be obsessed over AI/robotic social justice.

>considered a C-list character in the comics
Why does everyone say this? As far as I can remember Iron Man has been one of the big main heroes of Marvel along with Spiderman, Captain America, Hulk, Wolverine, and Thor. I don't remember a time he wasn't. Hell he was one of the founders of the ORIGINAL Avengers.

It's usual jokey hipster modern Stark and the whole story has been about AI Rights as a metaphor to trannies. What do you think?

It's his rank as a book mover by name alone. Even at the height of his MCU popularity, his comic sales stayed exactly the same as when he was unknown to moviegoers.

>Names other C-List heroes

>Spider-Man
>Hulk
>Wolverine
>C-List

There is ...a LOT of AI rights fist waving going on in the book. Especially with Jocasta and Robotman bringing it up each time they are in a panel.

I suppose it is meant to be a stand-in for trans rights, immigrant rights etc. But in a much more in your face way to the point of making the book annoying.

Please based Shogun, send Slott and Aaron to DC, the fuckers are doing nothing but ruining Marvel.

Marvel will never be good while those overrated hacks with a fetish for downplaying male characters control 2 or 3 A list character comics each all the fucking time.

Paint Superman on your fucking thumb,
And jam it up your ass.

In between that we had Gage's time travel story mini called the Iron Age and Ewings mini Iron Man the Fatal Frontier.
Both better than any of the main runs.

AI rights is AI rights you dumbass. It doesn’t stand in for anything because it is something actually being discussed IRL unlike mutant rights.

Slott’s FF is comfy family FF. His other work is shit to mediocre though

>Jocasta wanting to "transform" into a "real girl"
>not a trannie metaphor
WEW!

Slott FF is just like Tomasi Superman but way more mediocre/shallow.

>those overrated hacks with a fetish for downplaying male characters
Agreed. Marvel should fire ALL their writers.

> Iron Man has been one of the big main heroes
it is a B tier character at best, Spider Man and Wolverine are the most relevant ips inside Marvel followed maybe by Hulk? after them there's lots of characters more relevants, Avengers is just a comic to put ips that can't hold a solo.

This

>the ORIGINAL Avengers.
Wasn't that a book for heroes who couldn't carry a solo book on their own?

Yes. Thor, Iron Man, and Cap were the only heroes on the team who had solo's it wasn't until after a dozen or so issues of Avengers that they got them. Steve and Tony even shared Tales of Suspense for a while.

I've read this about five times.
Doesn't make any sense still.

Avengers first issue was 1963. At that point all the members were characters that didn't have solo books. Thor didn't get his solo until 1966. Steve and Tony until 1968. From that point on they were the only members of the Avengers able to carry a solo.

I liked aspects of Gillen's run, but pretty much everything has been overshadowed by the adoption reveal

Did any character even have a solo back then?
Hulk, Spidey, F4, I suppose, but characters have to have a jumping off point for the most part...

What's really bizarre is that the more popular Iron Man gets the more shit like this happens to him. It's like the opposite of Batwank.

Does that mean we gotta wait until he falls into obscurity again?

I like it.

Hmmm. Too bad it took eighteen months.

retard

Maybe it doesn't stand in for anything. Maybe it's just a story about whether artificial intelligences should be considered alive and/or human.

Even if 'Fatal Frontier' had some very dumb concepts.

Was Pinocchio about transsexuality?

>Bendis
He was meant to do the run that brought him to the centre of the MU but then decided to write about OCs before leaving to DC. Weird choice.

Same thing with Jason Aaron's Thor run desu, just write about the heroes on the title...

Is the best Iron Man era still the Layton/Micheliene mid-'80s stuff?

his movie popularity came around the same time comics were starting to fall into a spiral of mediocrity

>Pinocchio
It wasn't written in [Current Year]. If you can't see that Slott's run is a clear allegory for trannies, with the robot-only bars, the "stop appropriating our form" talks and Jocasta wanting to "transition", then I don't know what to tell you.

>no good runs
Denny O'Neil you absolute pleb
It was his run that inspired the movie and therefore the whole MCU

transition into what exactly?

Attached: desire1.gif (480x384, 255K)

>transsexuals are only be allegoried recently
Are you serious with this?

>RDJ isn’t just writing Iron Man
If Marvel wants to emulate what is basically him doing improv, they should just get him to write a run. Wonder if he’d do it?

His improv would fucking suck written. Reading the scripts of the movie shows how fucking stupid it all is, his acting is what sells the very mediocre to shit script

Demon in the bottle wasn't even good. Every bit of character development that arc is "famous" for was actually done in O'neills run

A real human bean

People who watch movies dont read comics.

with male or female genitalia?

Female

They read trades. Trade sales spike when a movie/tv show comes out. Floppies no one cares

Another generic brown womyn. Because hey, it doesn't matter if she's based on Janet's brainwaves and has a Greek name, so, you know, "pottery" would have her be white, nah just turn her into a mutt!
Fuck if I know, fuck if I care, because apart from the last 4 years, trannies have been a disgusting thing people made fun of. But either way, it's irrelevant to my point that Slott's Iron Man run is one long tranny allegory.

Attached: RCO018.jpg (1332x2048, 604K)

I've got more, too.

Attached: RCO004_1555518470.jpg (1987x3056, 1.49M)

Attached: RCO008.jpg (1332x2048, 675K)

Attached: RCO014_1563971256.jpg (1988x3056, 1.58M)

I don’t know man, just seems like the standard AI wants to be human trope, with some AI discrimination thrown in

Most will say so. I personally prefer the Kaminski run.

It seems you know very little in any event.

Don't forget Jocasta is not really an AI, and neither is Ultron or Machine Man; they are all based on pre-existing neurological blueprints, specifically those of Janet van Dyne, Hank Pym and Abel Stack.

I like the concepts Slott is tackling. Transhumanism, AI rights and culture are all interesting. Problem is the execution

Slott's Iron Man is really terrible. I think I preferred Bendis and Iron Man wasn't even really in that run most of the time.

Hmm. That's from that Longshot mini, isn't it?

Wow. You just won 'shittiest taste of the year'.

That's fine. It's hard to suss out which is worse for me because blindly introducing lame shit is one thing but slott is like watching it lame shit play out slowly and in excruciating detail.

-
You've got
>robot-only bars
>"fucking fleshies wearing armor and appropriating muh robot-ness"
>"AI Backups aren't the same REEEEEE"
>Stark being an AI, conflicted about his "real self" and "coming out"
>a bot wanting to TRANSition
>bots being angry at "flesh-bots" for "hiding" their "true self"
Come on, it's obviously an allegory for the LGBTGQJWHGRGHRJ+ crowd. "Muh Robot Rights" always had similarities to negro rights and the like; "muh minorities". But now, since the world is so crazy, simply promoting miscegenation isn't enough, so you have to go deeper into the pool of lunacy and liken them to tranny mongrels.
Yeah, wrong page, didn't mean to post that.
>It seems you know very little in any event.
Oh, fuck you, you cunt, I can recognize your posts and you're always in IM threads. It's clearly an allegory for trannies because Slott thinks he's being "clever" by adding more layers to just "I'm not a toaster, I've got FEEEEEEEEELINGS" as the main argument.

Attached: RCO021.jpg (1332x2048, 565K)

He's right, Slott managed to write an even worse run than motherfucking Bendis.

Just like he managed to write a worse spider-man than Bendis as well.

God Slott, get your shit together man.

Are you people mad? It's a very serviceable run, not comparable to Bendis at all.

I like Slott’s fun over all except for certain changes

>you're always in IM threads.

Duh. I'm an Iron Man fan.

Douse your overheated nerves. Not everything is an allegory.

>n-no
Great argument, cunt.

>It's a very serviceable run
It's trash

Isn't that what you just did? You're making connections where there are none, with loose correlations at best.

Ignore him. Starkfag always goes into hyper aggressive rage mode when you disagree with him about anything. Especially if it's Iron Man.

...What? How? How are all those scans and points just "loose correlations"?
>something-only safe spaces
>a being wanting to transition
>a man questioning his "true self" and "coming out" as something that is not evident at first
>"appropriation"
You tell me what kind of allegory that is instead of trannyshit.
>everyone I don't like is that one guy who once did that one thing

Not a lot of people like comic Iron Man and Civil managed to fuck him over pretty good.
Also this, same thing goes for the Guardians, they try but can't emulate the actors or the writers and miss the point of what made them popular in the first place.
Also this, most MCufags don't care about the comics and are open about it, Marvel should fucking learn this.

Yes and the one that happened before or around the time the first Iron Man movie was coming out. If Ellis wasn't so damn slow and he didn't quit easily he could probably have done a lot of good for the character.
He's important in universe but in sales and with fans that's a different story. I wouldn't even put him above Thor. The big guns have always been Spider-Man and Wolverine.

So you're pissed that Slott is taking the classic AI wants to be a real human being plot and using modern day gender terms and situations to appeal to a wider audience for the book?

Did I miss a white man bad somewhere in there? Or would you just prefer Marvel keep everything to previous year of 1960s?

Attached: 1504476747769.jpg (641x530, 25K)

Pretty sure Thor had taken over JiM in 1962 before he was in Avengers. JiM wasn't named after him but he was the star at the point of his debut and moving forward. Cap was moved into Tales of Suspense post-defrosting and co-starred with Iron Man

Well, I guess there really is no accounting for taste.

That's my line, pussy,

It's not an allegory at all, dingus.

In Mighty Avengers when she was becoming a human she was going to be white. This is obviously Slott trying to be progressive the same way Waid did when he made Viv human.

Read Doomquest and its sequels

>So you're pissed that Slott is taking the classic AI wants to be a real human being plot and using modern day gender terms and situations
Sure, since trannies and faggots are mentally ill cunts.
>to appeal to a wider audience for the book?
Oh yeah, yeah, the mythical "bigger WOKE audience". God, I hate you Mutts. Nobody aside from your tiny circle cares about these things. People buy Iron Man for James Bond in an Iron Suit fighting Commies and creating cool things, not to be lectured about the recent mental illness.
>That's my line, pussy,
Yeah, you're coming off as really badass. Christ...
>It's not an allegory at all, dingus.
So, help me understand. Is this user right >Slott is taking the classic AI wants to be a real human being plot and using modern day gender terms and situations
Are you right >It's not an allegory at all, dingus.
Are the "COMICZ WUZ ALWAYZ POLITICAL" faggots right? How the hell are these pages
Not allegories?
Well yeah, it's obvious.
Those are better Doom stories than Iron Man stories though.
>"N-NANI?! how did you retain memory of my secret ID after I wiped it from people's minds using a mind-control satellite?!"
>"I wrote it down on a piece of paper you worthless Amerimutt"

Attached: 1549455317795.gif (363x221, 2.04M)

Could be an esthetic choice, or perhaps she wants to distinguish herself from Janet.

Attached: Anger.jpg (1349x1685, 224K)

It's not a new thing. The only major stories where he played any kind of a part in other than being another background face was Armor Wars where he went crazy and attacked other heroes, and when he turned evil and attacked other heroes and was replaced with a younger version of himself.

Sort of how Doom always steals godlike powers over and over again, Magneto turns good and joins the X-Men again, writers just keep repeating that single story everyone knows over and over again.

How tf is he considered "C-List" when most people have never even heard of Psylocke?

movie iron man is an underdog, comics iron man is a rich smarmy cunt

>So you're pissed that Slott is taking the classic AI wants to be a real human being plot and using modern day gender terms and situations to appeal to a wider audience for the book?
How many times will it take for you retards to understand that those people don't fucking buy comics?

Write a good story that won't be ret comes in a month.

His power set is trash in comics and he himself was never very likable.
Only ultimate ironman was ever any good.

user.
Comics are dead.
The strong arm and manipulate link are comic store owners into buying the expensive worthless books and they pretend those extortioned sales mean anything.
Its over.
Everyone go home.

That's who he is in the movies as well. Just a scientist flying around in his floating toolset.

MCU Hulk is D list now.
Just a useless fucking cuck

Tony is portrayed as an AI rights advocate that would go as far as removing the AI in his armors and endangering himself and others in the process because he no longer have an AI to support him. Also claims of an AI being trapped in a supporting role inside a computer is equivalent of being enslaved.

I haven't kept up with Ironman, but isn't that natural progression for his character? He's had dozens of AI "partners in the past", so it was inevitable that he would develop feelings for them.

No.

I read it and never really got the hype.
It was dull as all fuck and I can barely remember what happened it.

I'm guessing Slott saw Black Mirror

When it was announced he would be writing an Iron Man run he said itd be a mix of Black Mirror and Rick & Morty so yeah.

It's not hard to figure out.
- RDJ carried Iron Man's success for the past decade
- Iron Man on his own is extremely limited in scope.
- The majority of Marvel characters are really limited in their rogues and character dimensions, which is why Marvel often relies on crossover plots.
- Capeshit comics in general are really disjointed.

Attached: 1341444277565.png (335x358, 171K)

That's the worst pitch I've ever heard in my life