The page that saved comics

the page that saved comics

Attached: CbfczgBRljplbYuZYg5AYDJ4HCvLHzs__9xq707Zg4foOLVgoApMVFpgv6RMlLUQn_kXo6YKiH3ZDDzR71DZWM97sA0hd148OZUU (1041x1600, 467K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Fg_cwI1Xj4M
youtube.com/watch?v=QTS53OzC34k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eh

Master Reed and his X-Clones could be something.

>that femenine posture

I am going to be dissapointed if Casandra Nova in not in there somehow.

I can't be the only one who sees too much of The Maker in this design, to the point it feels like it's actually him pulling a long con.

A Nova and Reed mind fusion would be terrifying.

Why would the Maker be connected to this shit though. Weve seen the script weve seen issues after this. Odds are they just like the look and repeated it.

The real surprise is marketing indicates this shit is actually 616.

why does he walk

why does he wear the mask

is the mask portable cerebro ?

Well he's stuck in 616. Is he doing anything else at the moment?

>is the mask portable cerebro ?

Yes and he uses it to constantly back up every mutant on earth so he can put their minds back when they get cloned/resurrected.

I mean that because this krokoa cloning shit is so crazy I assumed it was going to be Moria dying at the end and carrying some of this into 616. This is a pretty big change for the Xmen in 616.

is cerebro self powered ? because I can't imagine a human mind constantly saving the entire mutantking

>Is that the Maker?
Hopefully no. We've seen the script and all that
>It's not 616
We do you guys keep believing that, I don't understand
>why does he walk
Charles is in Fantomex body or in in a new one because cloning.
>why does he wear the mask
yes, it's a portable Cerebro

Shi'ar stuff is basically magic. For all we know it might be powered by magic. Or some kind of wireless krokoa energy.

I don’t get X-Men anymore

That page is gay activity

Drastic changes to status quo because of the previous decade or two of suck. Hickman trying new shit. And am I the only one who thinks they are giving the Xmen sort of the weird feel of the inhumans? As in less monarchy and more religious weirdness but kinda the same idea in the end? Maybe since replacing mutants with inhumans failed they want to combined them the other way.

No I got that vibe too. This new era of X-Men feels like an Inhuman redux

>ask Sinister to help you design a cloning/Resurrection process.
>He does so
>Surprisingly it requires molestation partially through the process.

Should have seen it coming Charles.

Probably a marketing thing. Trying to capture both audiences for more sales.

These X-Men are definitely very creepy and isolationist. I'm not sure how people are supposed to relate to or like them anymore between the cult-like society and respawning pod people system.

>We've seen the script
Where did we see it? Unless you mean the directors cut of issue 1

They can always split teams off. You could have one of the new mutants teams stationed elsewhere with a more normal feel. This mainline stuff seems to be going for the kinda science fiction feel instead of down to earth relate-ability. Im worried about the Resurrection though. This mean xmen are going to be dying every week now? That will get old fast. Probably turn into a meme.

>Unless you mean the directors cut of issue 1
That is what they mean. It describes what was supposed to bee drawn and hes called Charles.

I know your memeing but I legitimately believe Hickman’s X-Men is saving cape comics. Morrison’s Green Lantern is great too but X-Men right now feels important, something I haven’t felt from the big two in a long time.

They’re not even an oppressed minority anymore. Which I feel weird bitching about given how much I was sick of that kind of thing in X-stories. I guess I just wanted it toned down

>Get fucked on for decades
>Tried peace and cohabitation
>Creates tension between good-intentions mutants and bad-intentions mutants
>millions dies
>finally have a chance to do it all over again
>but this time, we stay with our own
>we don't help humans anymore, but we don't abandon them either
>instead of waging ideological wars with each other, we create a new society for mutants
I think that's it

Could still be a fake out, could be Charles controlled by something else, but i don't think it's not Charles to be honest. At most it's Charles with someones mind in the helmet, probably moira

Too convoluted and hackneyed to be true. It is Charles, they have given zero indication that he isn't, beyond the look and tht helmet. But everything in the story shows him, and I am beginning to think people will be mad and disappointed when it's revealed it's actually Charles instead of something else.

Based Hickman and Larraz

Attached: 4A755946-5FCA-4784-AD6A-BA40837CA70B.jpg (1240x1893, 792K)

Where were you shitposters during Rosenberg?

I'm not saying it's not justifiable, but it's also hard to portray as anything but at the very least an anti-hero slant, if not villainous.

The standoff between Cyclops and the F4, breaking Sabretooth out of custody, manipulating the minds of politicians who don't agree with you and thanking Emma for it, and inviting Apocalypse down to your island and him saying he's proud of what you're doing are all things that frankly portray it in a more villainous light than anything.

I knew A-pack-of-lisp was a big guy, but not that big. Look at the size difference between his finger and X whole hand

Im hoping the focus on the sentinel singularity brings out some interesting story's. Runaway AI is a fear irl like now. Or it will be when hardware evolves.

Maybe there's something more dangerous than a couple of angry humans incoming in the future?
>The end justifies the means
>What will it be /co?

His power still allows him to change size at will right? Hes just using that size for the handshake as a social power move.

>it's gotta be reed
Read the comics.
The Uncanny Life of Moira X directly states how this version of history came to be.

oh, I forgot that
>Based immortal

We already know its multiple machine empires. First off the Nimrod one that is threatening to be born. And second the Phalanx shits that are hiding in or near worm holes.

it's a mutant human mind connected to an alien super computer. If the NSA can do it, so can alien super computers in comic books.

They already did the war against the humans thing and the mutant identitarian Utopia. Both failed. And the only thing she used to describe this one is we would break all the rules.

Modern society is extremely segregationist and all about echo chambers and racial identity. X-men reflect current times.

The guy in the helmet is the real Xorn (not magneto pretending to be Xorn)

Especially given the Sinister in charge is apparently the Jack Harkness of Sinisters

This is it, folks. It's actually a third Xorn pretending to be Charles, called "Yorn" (since Xorn and Zorn are in the island already).

Norn

Attached: Sh_norn.jpg (1182x1548, 1.23M)

>Xavier (or whoever the fuck that is) has seen every single mutant naked

youtu.be/Fg_cwI1Xj4M

I mentioned this in another thread, but I feel like the characters themselves are just acting really OoC. And I’m not sure if this is just due to them being a different incarnation of the characters, but neither Wolverine or Nightcrawler seemed to remember that they’d both been to the afterlife before and seen it firsthand. If that’s not the case then I smell some serious memory manipulation and/or brainwashing going on here.

to look like a big guy

He's a supporting character in Venom, and the main antagonist of Future Foundation.

>why does he walk
He's been walking for 17 years now.

Because he's using it to keep constantly up-to-date copies of every mutant in the worlds' minds

>is the mask portable cerebro ?
Yes, and Cerebro has always been portable. The whole "cerebro is a giant room" thing came from the movies, and the giant room version in the comics was always referred to as Cerebra.

>That line about having not experimented with putting minds into different husks, but not ruling out that it is possible
It's 100% Cassandra Nova.

Do they fuck?

>we don't help humans anymore, but we don't abandon them either
I'd say giving them super-drugs that cure most disease and extend their lifespan to be helping them. Between that and keeping all the evil mutants on Krakoa and away from humans, this probably saves significantly more humans than standard superheroing ever did.

No definitely not just you. Really all they’re missing is a monarchy and slaves and they’d basically be the Inhumans

Wait, so we have already seen Xorn and Zorn on the island together? If not, it is almost confirmed that Xavier=Xorn.

>he has seen Jean, Storm, Emma, the Cuckoos and Psylocke naked, not to mention X-23's sexy feral ass

Attached: 1545257785521.jpg (1000x1220, 581K)

What if the drugs are a slow kill mass extermination drug, or what if the drug turns all humans in to mutants?

We saw both brothers in issue 1 of House if X

Yes

So is this Charles Xavier or Reed Richards? I stopped reading comics after 2007.

Moira

I just find it weird that they used such a similar design, and too used to shitty writing that would use it as a hiding in plain sight/wink to the audience.

or that every comics canon is an incoherent fuckfest that they decided to mostly ingore

So, how did Wolverine get his adamantium back? If they have the ability to give it back to him, why not give it to all the mutties?

Attached: Marvelwolverine.jpg (250x355, 68K)

Imagine getting your shit pushed in in every timelines by fucking machines ahahahah oh no

Attached: latest[1].jpg (791x1200, 150K)

You know Proteus was literally there. You know, a fucking reality warper
>why not give it to all the mutties?
Not everyone want claws user

She had a lot of lives. I'm sure in at least one Xavier turned out to be evil Reed. Hell, in one of the lives Hickman has been so Uncanny about I wouldn't be surprised if Moira suddenly discovered everyone in the Marvel universe had inexplicably become a Wolverine cameo.

Morn!

Attached: Morn.jpg (602x452, 26K)

Delete yourself, Skynet.

They should

>why not give it to all muties
Adamantium is fucking toxic

One user had a theory that this plot was originally for the Inhumans before their push was abandoned.

I'm willing to bet hard money that the next 5 years of X-Books are literally the plots they had mapped out for the Inhumans and they're using them because of all the work wasted over Marvel's temper tantrum at Fox.

I enjoy each individual issue but I theres like two issues left and i have a feeling the ending is gonna be a massive let down that will retroactively make everything else worse because that's how every fucking Hickman story works out.

Why not make non-toxic adamantium

Can't blackbolt destroy the whole universe singlehandedly just by talking? What can ever be a threat vs the inhumans+how do you make a character who can't talk or use his power interesting?

It's Hickman's style, unfortunately. He hits the notes, but the characters often end up having a sinister tone to them due to the portrayals he gives them in the script. Notice he actually references great moments in mutant history in the "do we recognize them?" scene, but somehow they come off creepy and disturbing even though it was meant to show they were indeed the ones we know (as a way to validate their souls). I say roll with it really, there's no other way.

I think the whole Maker thing is retarded, but to be fair, that script clearly has misdirections and a bunch of the script edited out. Or it’s a fake script.

Like, a real script would have mentioned the specific characters climbing out of the pods and notified the artist this exact scene was going to be used in a future issue because it is a flash forward. And that shit would have been rightfully blacked out to not spoil the readers.

So, using the script as proof that it is definitely Xavier doesn’t work.

That said. It’s definitely Xavier, and only morons in denial think otherwise.

He’s not stuck in the 616. Every single universe has their own Maker, and they’re all connected mentally or some shit.

>the characters themselves are just acting really OoC.
>Jean Grey is now easily-panicked and combat-ineffective like when she was a teenager
>Cyclops is being unquestioningly loyal and the perfect front line soldier

They're clearly Xavier's preferred versions of his favourites, he's been fucking with their minds.

so he's basically just the Batman who Laughs?

Attached: Rs59wPh.jpg (1800x2767, 2.21M)

That doesn't change how lazy this current design is.

>They’re not even an oppressed minority anymore.
That’s only the Krakoa muties. Worldwide there’s only 100,000 muties, and they’re definitely being treated the same as they always have.

>Too convoluted
Clearly, you’ve never read the X-Men if you think that is an issue.

Wouldn't say that's too far fetched given that this plot is just the X-Men getting all the mutants under one roof and the Mutants popping out of Coocons (for a different reason then the Inhumans through). the only really big thing that hurts this theroy is getting the villains to join in part. Like the Inhumans don't have that many villains to themselves and the villains they do have don't really have there own factions to themselves like the X-Men villains do.

They're not going to make it more complicated than it is for a weekly story that's meant to introduce people to the new Dawn of X-Men. As it is it's already hard to follow by some given its nonlinear structure, so introducing a twist like that would ruin the momentum.
The only feasible twist I see happening here is that this stuff with Krakoa was a first attempt in the Life 6, and that Life 10 will be a retread of that but "done right". I don't think it's possible because life 6 is sandwiched between other previous, radical lives that were Moira's first attempts at doing things the most extreme way, when this life, timeline X^0, is them throwing the rulebook and trying something new altogether. It's the island, the drugs, all the mutants working together, no factions.

Again, if you think that is an issue, you need to take a look at X-history without the blinders on. Complicated, almost incoherent plot lines is par for the course.

Also, you morons need to let go of this HoX is life 6 bullshit. The Moira timeline explicitly showed HoX as being timeline 10. But somehow, weeks later, retards are still bringing this dumb shit life 6 shit up.

I'm not saying it is, I already dismissed the possibility, it's more that some previous panels that have been attributed to this timeline could be another altogether and tie into previous attempts. I was one of the few who recognised the reference in Invaders #9 as an acknowledgement that all this stuff was happening in 616.

What do you think the villains are going to do on Krakow? What's their role? Hickman's main conflict seems to be mutants vs. Humans, so the villains popping up makes things interesting

The whole memory inconsistency thing is really fishy, though. Unless it was just a huge oversight on Hickman's part. Kurt literally died and went to heaven and then escaped so he could drag Logan out of hell and neither of them seemed to remember it.

Is this event happening in 616 or is it its own continuity?

How you gonna tell me this isn't Reed Maker

Being back Maker, he was awesome

to bad guys comics are going away the crash is coming
youtube.com/watch?v=QTS53OzC34k

Attached: havik.jpg (421x765, 150K)

The thing no one is talking about - proteus new body being derived from Xavier. This Xavier is slowly being taken over by proteus.

If mutants are humanity changing to get around problems how do they get around the problem of their violence toward mutants?

>Hickman's main conflict seems to be mutants vs. Humans
Christ, you speedreaders are insufferable. Issues upon issues on machines and machine supremacy, and oh look the Mother Mold just declared war on both humans and mutants. But no, you think the main conflict is much flatscan/mutie war.

Jesus fuck.

Fuck off with this shit already. It’s 616.

In my honest opinion, the X-men are going into a very realistic direction that was needed for quite some time now.

Mutants have always been hated, it's been that way for decades, and Days of Future Past even show that because mutants were not acting aggressive enough, they got genocided by the Sentinels and Nimrod. In here, Mutants are realistically radicalized and fighting for their existence, especially Charles and Magneto when they see what the future holds for them.

Even though Days of Future Past is an alternate universe, that's a very real possibility for the mutants, as House of X has shown. This is why I'm not entirely against this move that Hickman is doing as I also believe that this will eventually lead towards the mutants being able to fully co-exist with humanity.

Proteus is burning out those bodies like he always does. Sooo... yeah. The only takeover is of those mindless Xavier husks.

Hickman isn't Ewing, he's not using the entirety of X-Men history, just big chunks of the classic stuff and important pieces that haven't been touched upon in very long to craft this new story. So it's Claremont and Morrison for the most part.
If what you say happened in some other specific run that came later, he's likely ignoring it.

I'm not watching that shit, what's he say?

the jj abrams book nobody wanted is not selling well so that means the comic book crash is coming and dc and marvel are going away so no more comic books and crying about sjw

It is 616, but so far, we see a previous Moira life. Not the current one.

It's as natural and logical a direction to take them as Morrison's Mutant Subculture direction

>I can't be the only one who sees too much of The Maker
You're not. I quit reading a while ago and that's who I thought that was.

4 U

Attached: Screenshot_20190114-164211.png (1440x1138, 1.22M)

What if its minds of magneto apocalypse and Xavier in Xavier's husk?

>the jj abrams book nobody wanted is not selling well
Based on what information?
>so that means the comic book crash is coming
Because a mini-series didn't sell well?
>and dc and marvel are going away
I highly doubt that they're leaving anytime soon.
>so no more comic books
Comic books as a whole won't go away because of that.
>and crying about sjw
What has that to do with anything?

>that faggy stance

all the info comes from him and he really thinks wb will shut down dc comics for some reason

It's just the ramblings of yet another outrage peddler on youtube, best not to pay attention to it. The J.J. Abrams book wasn't that well received but it doesn't mean it was a disaster who heralds the crash of the industry, not with HoX/PoX and AC selling so well.

As someone who doesn't read xmen at all,
What?

No one cared who he was until he put on the mask.

Maker’s in two other books right now, he never went anywhere.