Best Megatron

What is in your opinion the best incarnation of megatron?
I say beast wars megatron.

G1 cartoon megatron was generic/ok-ish.

Marvel Megatron was dog shit useless and stupid (FYI he only existed to be the joke for other commanders to dethrone him and show how more awesome they are after they take power away from him, all hail Marvel shockwave).

So beast wars Megatron it is YES.

Attached: Best Megatron YES.png (629x636, 421K)

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2000-oct-31-mn-44666-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Correct answer.

Animated Megatron was top notch too

Was G1 megaton gun mode not actually used in crimes (threaten people with replica gun)? Where not some people robed or someone threatened with a G1 megaton in gun mode?

So i vote real life G1 megaton toy. Because its the only megaton who managed to commit real life crimes in reality!

Just like in the comics!
Send more info on Megatron gun crimes.

Attached: issue13_page15.jpg (462x442, 105K)

Why did the writers at Marvel hate Megatron?

Attached: ???.jpg (235x602, 65K)

Attached: megatron_week_day_6_by_ryuzo-d2e8dvk.jpg (800x465, 148K)

Attached: megatron-amp-039-s-trigger_o_1662847.jpg (429x505, 38K)

Had his toy as a kid, the Trex head was a water blaster, shit was fucking cash. Only better toy I had was Fortress Maximus.

Honestly it is probably his best iteration. A motherfucking Trex is a lot more iconic then an out of place gun, and I still think of Megatron as a dino before I think of jets or guns

Everything in Sonichu.

>I had was Fortress Maximus.
I understand T Rex Megatron.
Why Fortress Maximus?

based and yes pilled

Actually its a realistic looking replica gun.
>Be poor
>need money
>no money to buy real gun
>See kid play with toy that looks like a realistic gun
>Borrow toy from kid
>mug someone with a prop toy gun
>Great profit!
latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2000-oct-31-mn-44666-story.html

Fuck I love that issue, great little story that almost stands completely on its own

>Marvel Megatron was dog shit useless and stupid
Early marvel sure, but the UK sonics at least tried to spin it as him slowly going insane (one of the reasons Galvatron is so fucked in the head). The comics also treated him like a force of nature quite often, especially when he teamed up with Galvatron

Attached: page-from-Altered-Image-Transformers_UK_-_Annual_1988_p16-660x973.jpg (660x973, 245K)

Big ass robot and I was like 10

Ok thanks for the info.

More like MEGA DRAGON!

Attached: MEGA DRAGON Megatron.jpg (960x609, 152K)

purple t-rex and dragon form where his best looks
the transmetal look he had inbetween was dog shit.

YEEEESSSSSS

>UK
I should have specified that I was taking about Marvel US Megatron.
>UK
The funny thing with UK was that they greatly have shown and hyped Galvatron.
Galvatron is shown to be extremely powerful and can take down the entire autobot and decepticon team at once.

Something that was a breath of fresh air since most transformers are equally matched in the comics.
It really painted Galvatron to be something other a real powerful creation of unicron and deserving the title of the ultimate decepticon.

They never did the same for Megatron however.
He was there however did nothing special. He existed however never distinguished himself.

The comics could have written Megatron to be UK Galvatron levels of powerful however they never did.

UK Megatron was there did have his encounter with Strux, angsted over it later. plots that did go nowhere ultimately. Strange behavior when the resurrected megatron decides to join galvatron for no reason explained to the reader. Megatron was more a background character to Galvatron. And then we get the mind fuck of Megaton VS Megatron that to this day I dint understand what they where trying to say or synchronize with US.

>Fuck I love that issue,
Its a funny issue on its own and like it however early US Marvel comics where plagued with new gimmicky human characters (everyone after circuit breaker was not welcome) like:
>Robot master
>The mechanic
>The kids
>the space carnival manager dude (or whatever his name is)
Its like the writers where unable to write robots and obsessed over new gimmicky humans to introduce. The best of US Marvel was the search for the Matrix and facing Unicron. True greatness and quality storytelling to this day. Really makes you look back at early early stories as a waist of time like the one story where the deceptions decide to spray graffiti all over the city.

The Matrix/Unicron saga is a great storytelling blew my mind as a kid.

Attached: issue74_page16.jpg (893x1386, 264K)

G1. Peaked at Transformers the Movie. Subsequently the best Galvatron, too.

Attached: 1549355350139.jpg (320x240, 18K)

>Transformers the Movie.
I have never seen it as a kid. Loved it as a adult. I loved how they actually killed main characters in a way only a toy corporation can threat its creations.

To this day transformers is the only peace of film fiction that has main characters die for good, no fake deaths or resurrections. Dead is dead.

Attached: 920.jpg (704x396, 50K)

>The Matrix/Unicron saga is a great storytelling blew my mind as a kid.
Yeah matrix quest was the shit. Giving Furman, Senior and the other UK artists some actual money gave us some of the dopest transformers stories out there. Definitely on par with target:2006 and the UK origin story

Well it wasn't perfect. Also I'm posting a 3rd party figure that is actually superior to the real deal.
>The most upper parts of the wings can be detached and used as sword for dual-wield
>Dragon head is nominally how he uses it in the cartoon and how his Hasbro counterpart has it, but it can shorten itself and reveal another arm to allow him to use his second blade (and look like vanilla G1 Megatron)
>Right arm has a build-in punching dagger
>Comes with detachable faces (one being the mother of all slag-eating grins)

Attached: MEGA DRAGON Megatron slag-eating grin.jpg (720x540, 80K)

>G1. Peaked
The new main autobots are terrible.
Blur is impossible to understand, wheelie is a non-character, cup is meh.

>We'll never have another Megatron design that transforms into a Batmobile.
This sucks.

Attached: MasterCHADatron.png (1600x1200, 1.89M)

>The new main autobots are terrible.

nah

>Blur is impossible to understand

only if you're retarded

>wheelie is a non-character

ok you got me there

>cup is meh.

fuck you, Kup is great.

>target:2006
The entire UK galvatron episodes/story lines are great.

Only UK suffers from numerous stories who are all over the place (jumping from cartoon continuity to different places)

>Yeah matrix quest
I mean its a coherent story that unfolds and has multiple elements searching for the matrix learning about primus the creator god and then the shocker when the matrix is lost/destroyed so optimus tries to get a truce with scorpinok to get all transformers together to fight unicron.

And optimus sacrifices himself and the Matrix to kill unicron Always did see it as a great story.

The fight between Scorpinok and Shockwave is really cinematic and the great fight with unicron. Where even the corrupted matrix returns to the surprise of everyone. It did have this epic feel to it.

Meanwhile other writers where more obsessed with giving us stories like the transformers get into wrestling with humans.

Attached: issue71_cover.jpg (986x1528, 362K)

Man there are so many designs from that era need a second shot. Maybe they'll give us some next century

Attached: 1564523599119.gif (932x992, 288K)

Prime Megatron

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

I can understand watching Beast Wars or G1, but how do you watch something that looks like it was made for 5 year olds?

Lots of other cool toys in the toy box. Since its the first incarnation there was no reputation Bob Budiansky felt like he needed to hold up by making Megatron awesome. Hell he basically created the character's personality, it was his toy to break.

Attached: Transformers_Vol_1_5_Direct.jpg (550x843, 172K)

>the transmetal look he had inbetween was dog shit.

He was at his best in that look, though. He actually had two hands, too. He jobbed alot in season 1 and his dragon form was only briefly used. In his transmetal 1 form he had all his best victories

>cleaned out his ranks of treacherous members like Tarantulas and terrorsaur
>Enslaved Rampage
>Killed dinobot
>Took over an alien ship
>Shot Optimus Prime in the head and nearly rewrote history

Plsu the colorscheme is classy, and he can rollerblade in either form.

Attached: 3f7c7d5c5700c58179ac8153db410811.jpg (553x720, 83K)

>To this day transformers is the only peace of film fiction that has main characters die for good, no fake deaths or resurrections. Dead is dead.

How fucking new are you?

my favorite megatron toy right here

Fuck no, the Transmetal look was great. The 3D rendering in the show just wasn't up to snuff.
The dragon form looked like ass.

i agree that most of his victories where in that form. i just find the whole design/look to be shit

Suit yourself. I really liked the giant shoulderpads, the more streamlined legs(S1 has baby birthing hips with the flank guns), and the colors are really nice and unique.

The show did improve the dragon form's robot mode at any rate. The toy had no real chest, and really awkward proportions.

I meant specifically in regards to Megatron, but I at least disagree about Kup. Hot Rod was good in the movie but became meh later. Same with Galvatron, really. But that is why they call it a peak.

I loved G1 as a little kid. Rented it all the time at the local video store. I saw the movie after watching the cartoon several times and getting the toys. Then, all of a sudden, characters can actually die. And I thought it was the raddest shit ever. I resented the fact that they kept trying to bring my favorite character (Starscream) back because that death was perfect. I still remember the numb shock. I wished later seasons had kept up that quality.

Attached: I'll rip out your optics!.jpg (400x267, 21K)

What a cool toy. I remember everyone being jealous of this badass.

That’s...just....prime

Attached: AAFD3F1E-1538-4D6F-AEC3-DB3CA597ACDA.jpg (517x669, 84K)

This thread is so much better than that other transformers one

Megatron is a good start to any Transformers discussion.

Agreed, theres a lot more different versions of him compared to optimus

>He actually had two hands
His original form also had both hands in the cartoon.

Same way anyone does, you watch it. Half the shit we watch in general looks like it was made for 5 year olds from someone's perspective but you give it a fair watch, then decide if you like it or not.

>we
art style is a legitimate reason to not give a cartoon your "fair watch"
like that playmobil spider-man every cums over here

I probably was 5 when I first watched G1.

How does Beast Wars not look like it was made for 5 year olds?

>playmobil spider-man
what?

Blackarachnia's tits. Though really Beast wars feels more like a syndicated 90's sci-fi show than a kids show.

Did they fix the cracking pelvis issue yet?

Cybertron is a horrible cartoon, but gosh darn it had a great toy line.

If galaxy force prime got an updated toy then it's not impossible for megs to get one.

>So beast wars Megatron it is YES.
I thought that was obvious.

what's the consensus for cyberverse megatron so far? he can bring the pain (his execution of starscream was down right brutal), comedy (livestreaming starscream's funeral to the humans and delivering a eulogy on how great starscream was) and even drama (his feelings was legit hurt that optimus prime doesn't know his most famous kill as a gladiator)

Attached: CyberverseMegatron.jpg (437x571, 60K)

he's more nuanced because some of the flashbacks showed that he tried to go with the diplomatic route instead of conquest for his cause.

then there's the reveal that he and optimus have fairly regular peace talks (that always fail) so a truce/settlement is an option but not an attainable one at the moment.

a 5 year old watches big eyes baby cartoons, Beast Wars was aimed at an older demographic like 7 to 12
>oh two years, big whoop
even taking that lower end a 7 year old is a lot more mentally developed than a 5 year old

pic related

Attached: but it looks good in motion!.png (302x227, 81K)

Attached: Megatron-002.jpg (690x477, 59K)

impressive looking CGI at the time?

thats some retarded level of elitism

baby shows are not the same as shows appropriate for a range of ages, even when those shows are trying to sell toys to children specifically
Beast Wars is more like the Muppet Show in terms of appeal, than it is to a baby show like Blues Clues

I don't know how someone like you can not only be retarded and old, but also, proud of being old and retarded.

He's honestly one of the better Megatron's. Clear motivations, doesn't take shit from Starscream, funny and comedic when needed.

Hell he is the first time in a long time we have a Megatron with a clear and well defined plan. TFA Megatron just had that shitty vague "i'll use the allspark to beat the autobots!!", Prime Megatron was so aimless the show needed to drop Omega Keys on his lap for him to finally have a decent plan beyond digging shit that he never uses.

Cyberverse Megatron though? Clear goal. Get Allspark, hack Vector Sigma, rebuild Cybertron while popping up a generation of protoforms that already follow his ideology, winning the war.

Aren't all Megatrons technically animated in one form or another?

By your brain-dead fucking logic JLU is kiddier than the shitty 70s JL show just because it has a cartoonier simplified art style. Spectacular Spiderman had more complex character writing than 99% of animated hero cartoons regardless of it's art style. All you're showing is that you're some kind of old nerd with bad taste that thinks liking clumsy ugly 80s animation is a badge of honor somehow.

>proud
you're reading into things

You took two shows I said I thought had bad artstyles made for very young children and drew a whole, rigid measurement system from it. You can draw a line between two points, but that's hardly a good trend line. More importantly, and this was my original point, cartoons are a visual medium so the art style is a valid reason to not want to watch a show. Same for cartoons. You can have a great story but if I don't want to look at it, then I'm not going to watch it. I never said 80s animation was good. I didn't grow up with G1 nor have I watched it through, I'm not that old.

>You took two shows I said I thought had bad artstyles made for very young children and drew a whole, rigid measurement system from it.
I meant you* drew a whole, rigid measurement system from it

Wait what did come first? The cartoon or the comics? And after a while did Bob Budiansky not think to himself (or Hasbro push him):
>Hey kids like the Megatron character? Why not start writing him competently?
Instead he made Megatron go pants shitting insane and kill himself on a spacebridge while raving like a lunatic.

There are more dignified ways to die or give a death to a villain see decepticon leader thunderwing in the matrix saga.

Attached: issue66_page07.jpg (902x1340, 266K)

>How fucking new are you?
Name any movie that has main characters die like its a real war no heroic deaths at the end of the film or the classical "good guys don't die and always win".

I assure you for every 1 movie I can give you 10 movies that play the opposite trope.

>but I at least disagree about Kup
Maybe its a language thing you see kup literally means buy in my language.

However because of how the language works it does not fit to a character name because if you try to use it you must say kupa like "nie ma teraz kupa tutaj" and kupa literally means shit. (kupa troops and king kupa are also problematic FYI)
So the sentence is "there is no shit here".

Now imagine having a character who is literally named shit.

And he is grumpy old guy so maybe its the constant cringe over his name that bothers me.

Also if the writers try to avoid the unfortunate naming it sounds bizarre in dialog like saying kup is not here right now "nie ma teraz kup tutaj" ends up sounding like crazy talk translated to "there is no now buy something here" because it will not translate into a sentence that makes sense like "there is no buy here" with is "nie ma kupienia tutaj"

After this I hope not one of you will ever blame character name localisations to avoid these unfortunate name collisions.

Attached: Poop_Emoji_7b204f05-eec6-4496-91b1-351acc03d2c7_large.png (480x480, 96K)

Stay mad.

Lazytron

I rarely have problems with localization, and am often at odds with purists. That said, Shitpiece is a great name.

Attached: Shitpiece.jpg (320x213, 66K)

>mad
what?

>Shitpiece is a great name.
The name kupa literally means shit. Simply shit.
>I rarely have problems with localization, and am often at odds with purists.
Thanks. I also don't have problems with localisations only I think hasbro was trying to force its trademark or something and decided to not change the name while characters speak for anyone, ever in every context.

And anyone reading the comic especially kids was taken out because this is not how the language works.
To give you some idea you are supposed to change names based on rules depending on multiple factors.

For example in English you say car if its singular and cars if its plural. There are other rules in my language depending on other factors and it sounds strange as fuck if you don't do it.

For example you are supposed to change Optimuses (oh look even in English you need to say optimuses and not "change optimus name like this") name like this
Optimus
Optimusa
Optimusowi
Optimusem

Someone has improved scans of G1 comics? The one I have are flawed and have some errors (pictured). Also someone has scans who are made not to look like old timey coloring? I know there are physical examples of this.

Attached: Blak speach megatron.jpg (509x449, 109K)

>Blackarachnia's tits
I can not stop laughing at the potential comedy.

Out of universe we all know they gave her tits.
In universe she simply has a chest plate shaped like this.
>What do you mean tits? (looks at chest) This is how my chest plate is shaped (looks visually confused and annoyed with a bit of shame).
G1 Shockwave walks into frame.
>Out of the way black micro breasts! Check out my mighty bosom!(grabs his extruding chest peace like in the picture of mega milk) (his canon arm tip rubs where his nipple would be) This is what you want humans right?!

Is there a comic made out of this (real world VS in universe biology)?

Attached: 065.png (768x1024, 359K)

Holy fuck go back to deviantart with your shitty attempt at comedy writing

I will and I will have lots of subscribers and patrons!

Attached: bender.jpg (1024x768, 187K)

Transformers Animated. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is an idiot.

animated is a very open minded employer at least. fucking autobots let a racist be head of their government for awhile.

I was talking about the fact that the first thing we see him do after he's rendered a head for a season, is kill Starscream, and then nearly kill all of the Autobots in seconds. And about how he could always turn a situation around when he needed to. Stuck as a disembodied head? Make supervillains to kill the autobots. Teleported around space randomly in Omega Supreme? Use the stasis cuffs they have and a fragment of the all spark to stop that and then take over Omega Supreme. etc. etc. He was constantly outsmarting or outpowering everything he went up against, he was a huge threat.

Is Rude Awakening of Optimus Prime the best TF parody?

TEN FORMS

>Rude Awakening of Optimus Prime
Post best quality version of it plz.

PS: How is your viewing of it improved knowing that cup literally translates to shit peace in some language? Did the author know about this?

I have to say G1.

He’s basically Skeletor, Starscream is basically Cobra Commander, and Shockwave is basically Mum-ra. The personalities of the other Decepticons may have been unremarkable and interchangeable, but you also don’t have a single character stealing the spotlight for an entire episode.

The cast have the strongest bunch of personalities all at the same time, and they actually get to play off each other instead of half the main cast being cool silent types and the other half being so larger than life they can’t share the screen.

Besides, with G1 you can always cherrypick between G2 and the Japanese continuity for fun stuff. Like Legends.

Attached: 63B6B036-3E61-4E94-A2DB-15F431A36B99.jpg (952x1414, 713K)

>Starscream
Starscream has the best personality in G1 cartoon.

that's part of his charm. he has no qualms about hiring or using others no matter their origin (human, technorganic, the constructicons, autobots) it shows how flexible he is.

>Take over Beast Wars Megatron’s company and make him his personal assistant
>Send the fembots to gather Energon via trick or treating
>Not illegal, even with threats of violence, so the Autobots and Maximals can’t do shit
Brilliant.

Attached: A76B2E4C-92A7-45D0-ABD1-1AB6C1438048.jpg (998x1413, 757K)

It is part of what I was talking about, yes, but a minor part.

Because this is a Megatron thread, posting the first three lettered pages of the final issue of Transforemrs/Ghostbusters

Attached: 999999999x0w.jpg (768x1024, 254K)

Attached: 999999999x0w.jpg (768x1024, 288K)

End

Attached: 999999999x0w.jpg (768x1024, 301K)

It was, but the fandom misunderstood some of the humor of it so it got flanderized pretty fast
>joke is that Optimus comes back and is actually pretty out of touch with the entire situation and would be incomptetent in his own way for the crisis at hand since it's not just Megatron twirling his mustache again
>fandom just goes "HAW HAW yeah Hot Rod DID suck, GO OPTIMUS FUCK THE DECEPTICONS RIGHT UP THE ASS"

This one

Attached: thiago-lopes-megatron-low.jpg (1063x1488, 588K)

I'm glad it only took FIVE fucking movies for Megatron to get a design that wasn't completely garbage.

Attached: BEAST_WARS_3_080-48144-1024-1024-80-wm-left_top-100-Unicroncomwatermarkpng.jpg (640x480, 39K)

It still doesn't look like Megatron.

I actually never thought G1 Megatron was very cool as a kid (whether it was the cartoon or marvel comics). He just felt like a character you wanted to see fail.
Beast Wars Megatron was totally different. There were episodes like the one with Ravage where you are just waiting in anticipation for him to turn the tables. He was much more exciting and sometimes I actually wanted to see him with.

Attached: download.jpg (294x171, 19K)

Now that's a neat toy.