Looking for some comics with good art and lots of space/cosmic action

Looking for some comics with good art and lots of space/cosmic action.
Any recommendations?
Any opinions on John's Sinestro Corps?

Attached: 9aQFYrMfyRNPXMUsuWZ9zp4G2uUv2UYFmpLjFrzuI-o (2).jpg (1580x2431, 453K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/1534306935/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_t2sIDbATXMSG6
geeksyndicate.co.uk/reviews/comic-review-orbital-vol-1-cinebook-reviews-28/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Attached: BD6jhSk_d.jpg (640x640, 51K)

I really liked how hectic Hickman’s Avengers was.

Curren Silver Surfer Black comic has really good art. The writing by Donny Cates is meh but Tradd Moore on art is great

Also, Grant Morrison and Liam Sharpe's Green Lantern run is really good too. It takes classic polic procedural cliches and tweaks them in really fun ways. Morrison seems to be having a lot of fun with this series and Liam Sharpe on art is top notch

Cosmic capecancer is pure trash. It's better to stick with science fiction novels, or at least non-capecancer stuff like 2012 Prophet from Image.

Thanks!

Bump

Prophet (the newer series) is the way to go, it's got weird stuff, a cosmic scale, the works

Thanks

The Incal
VS. Not necessarily cosmic but it does have futuristic art by Esad Ribic, same as OP pic.

Do you have a link? Google is turning up the original one but not the one by Ribic

Well then. How did we get here without the good era of Cosmic Marvel getting mentioned?

Attached: Cosmic Marvel Reading List.png (2109x1439, 2.14M)

Big two produces some of the worst cosmic stories. Johns' GL and pic related are terrible. If you want some good space operas, read Euroshit like Jordorowsky and Druillet. Nexus and Prophet for something American.

Ribic's comic isn't showing up anywhere. Not even the humanoid website.

Bump

VS Volume 1 amazon.com/dp/1534306935/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_t2sIDbATXMSG6

Thanks.
I guess the Metabarons/Incal book never came out .

This, though honestly I feel like the modern oversaturation of the GotG would make this less enjoyable in hindsight.

You have to approach it with the understanding that 1. The MCU versions of Quill, Gamora, Drax, Mantis, even Groot, are different characters. I don't mean minor differences, I mean their histories and personalities are very different. Second, when Annihilation started, most of these were obscure D-listers who had faded to obscurity over the past 10-20 years. I think you lose a lot of the ensemble underdog quality reading it from a modern perspective where these characters are household names. Rocket is basically the only character who matches his on-screen portrayal.

Annihilation is great. Conquest is pretty good. War of Kings is... eh. It drags on, but there's some cool shit in it. The highlight of it all is DnA's Nova and Guardians leading into Thanos Imperative.

Phyla and Moondragon are bland and irritating and take up too much of the story, but they could be worse.

Ultimately a great set of events with some low points culminating in an excellent climax that, of course, gets undone within a few years to reset the status quo for less talented writers.

What are some good, relatively modern (2000s) Silver Surfer runs?

How good these are has a nice clean inverse correlation to how many Inhumans are in it.

The only modern run is Slott/Allred recent 2 series
Its very Dr. Who inspired and has a romance so its bit divisive on Yea Forums but is well liked elsewhere.

Miniseries like Requiem and In Thy Name are really good too.

I didn't mind the Inhumans as much as the Shi'ar/Starjammers half of the plot

>If you want some good space operas, read Euroshit like Jordorowsky and Druillet. Nexus and Prophet for something American.
Never heard of Nexus but its just what I was looking for.

Bump

Thanks

Orbital is also pretty gud.

Attached: 8823DF24-D257-466A-BAD9-5DA031379DD8.jpg (1204x1600, 730K)

Lemire’s Descender also have some awesome art from Dustin Nguyen.

Thanks

geeksyndicate.co.uk/reviews/comic-review-orbital-vol-1-cinebook-reviews-28/
>Like Pratchett’s dwarves, Sandjarr sexuality is kept very private indeed. It engenders a nice little discomfort in the hetero-male reader about eyeing up exotic ladies.
>a nice little discomfort

Attached: 1569265279770.jpg (266x253, 51K)

I really hate in comics when they tell you billions died in a fucking narration box, as if that's supposed to have any weight or meaning. Possibly my least favorite cosmic cliche