Doesn't want to kill his own enemies because he simply "doesn't want to be like them"

>Doesn't want to kill his own enemies because he simply "doesn't want to be like them"
>Someone like the Joker continues to kill more innocent people in the thousands

Is Batman truly the most retarded superhero of all time?

Attached: Batman 2011 2012 movie comic cover official poster dc comics new 52 the dark knight rises by janditl (1104x1600, 152K)

Batman isn't responsible for the failures of Gotham's judicial system.

The fact that Joker hasn’t been shot by a GCPD Officer on sight, Jack Ruby’ed in public, or killed by an Arkham nurse is more bullshit than Batman refusing to pull the trigger. I ask you, what’s Gotham’s excuse? There would be a mob of pissed off citizens demanding his head

What a unique and clever idea.

What's the federal government's excuse? This is the biggest serial killer in US history, and he's NOT on death row? He's NOT in a max security installation?

Why doesn't Batman quad amputate murderous villains like Joker? They're still conscious and aware, while also being prevented from committing crimes using their superhuman strengths that normal people can't protect themselves from.

Why is there no Bonesaw Bill yet?

Why doesn't Batman eat the Joker's ass? Let's see him commit crimes when he can't walk straight.

Why doesn't Azrael just kill the villains while Bruce is asleep?

What’s the Spectre’s excuse?

Nobody asked you for your opinion, Gordon.

He tried but found Joker was so insane he wasn't actually responsible for his actions, so he got off the hook.

God said no. Now go stand ominously in the corner.

When was the last time Spectre actually did something helpful?

Well if God’s Anger says so, who am I to argue against?

The 1940s.

See this is bullshit because Joker isn’t even really insane. He’s completely aware of his actions and knows right and wrong

Read the Ostrander Spectre run.

Reminder Batman is willing to kill his own Team Mates if they go insane but WON'T kill insane criminals.

Just imagine if Bruce Wayne used some of his money and influence to get into city politics and eventually state wherein he is able to make a strong case as to why Gotham city needs the death penalty reinstated, for people exactly like Joker.
But nope! Gotta keep playing dress up and sacrificing all of these innocent lives so I can have my catharsis

Well he returned to being shit after original Corrigan's gone. What did he do after that? Killing bunch of wizards, getting ass kicked by Parallax and Nekron, Almost being enslaved by possessed Vandal Savage.

New Jersey doesn't have death penalty. And I thought Arkham was supposed to be maximum security?

Batman is the greatest villain of all time.
>causes more death and suffering than anyone else
>superheroes leave him be
>people love him.

When he burned Vlatava to the ground

"X character is TOO INSANE for Y thing to work on him", one of the worst cliches in comic books.

>The fact that Joker hasn’t been shot by a GCPD Officer on sight
I honestly wish there was an Elseworlds one-shot of this, just for the interaction between Batman and the hero cop. Although it would probably focus on "oh no, without Joker the criminal world is off-balance and things are much worse now" bullshit that usually goes down.

There is no entity in comics more retarded than the Gotham penitentiary system

What

Bruce Wayne has the means, funds and connections to open up his own private mental institution and make sure the patients get proper help/proper lock-up. Hell, he could buy Arkham if he wanted. He just doesn't.

>New Jersey doesn't have death penalty.
He's killed in other territories.
>And I thought Arkham was supposed to be maximum security?
It's an asylum, which is legally very different.

The only good one I can think of is meta characters ignoring abilities that only work because of metafiction. Otherwise yeah.

>He's killed in other territories.
Care to extrapolate?

He went to Saudi Arabia and killed people iirc

>oh no, without Joker the criminal world is off-balance and things are much worse now
Was there ever a non retarded way for this?

>death penalty reinstated
Or a asfe fucking prison to hold Joker in.

>it's a Batman lives rent free in salty Anons head episode
Another one?

>See this is bullshit because Joker isn’t even really insane.
>cant even remember his past life more than 20 years ago
>admit that his personality is completelly fluid
>had several cases of anger breakdowns out of nowhere
>spend several hours talking to his "audience" that he's 100% sure is watching him all the time
He's not sane

>being mad that a billionaire who maintains the murderous status quo in my city to give himself a cathartic crusade is 'letting him live rent free in my head'

Attached: 1555880056272.png (1600x1565, 1.18M)

How has no one ever written a Batman comic where everyone acts like real people instead of guided into retardation by the invisible hand of editorial mandate?
>Joker is executed by the state. Same goes for anyone else who acts up. Mr Freeze being sad for his sick wife isn't a criminal defence for freezing people to death, there's no plea of insanity that can work for this in real life, most of Batman's rogues gallery RIP
>Bruce Wayne guarantees housing and ends poverty and homelessness in Gotham by spending his billions on people instead of another moonbase batcave or whatever
>Gotham City becomes the safest city in America
>Batman either retires or decides to stick to fighting cosmic or global Ra's al Ghul-type criminals
>The End

The definition of criminal sanity is whether or not he understands what he did was wrong, and he revels in the harm he does to people frequently

>having salty thoughts about Batman
Cease your gay implications!

"Insane" or "Sane" aren't legal definitions. The only relevant question is: Is Joker criminally responsible? He can have a clinical diagnosis of mental disorders, hear voices, not know his past, have a shifting personality, and who knows what else, but if he knows the difference between right and wrong then he's criminally responsible. Most serial killers who are executed obviously have something wrong with them that impedes their empathy, but they still have an intellectual understanding that they shouldn't do something according to the laws of the land and they chose to ignore that. Joker knows it's against the law to murder and that it's wrong and he does it anyway, he's responsible.

Anyone complaining about Batman not murdering his enemies is straight up shitposting due to the same logic being aplied to any superhero except borderline villains like Namor,Red Hood and Punisher.

Spider-Man straight up tried to save Carnage a fucking serial killer because "killing is wrong", Superman allowed Lex Luthor to live because "killing is wrong", F4 spared and even saved Doom several times because "it was the right thing to do", the X-men spared, saved and forgave magneto several times etc etc etc

Funny how all of the villains you named ended up turning good at one point for one reason or the other and only turned back to evil because status quo is God.

Why? Why should tax payers have to foot the bill to keep that shit fed and in good and fitness health until he eventually passes away. A dozen or so murders I can understand, Joker has killed Hundreds

Weren't the three, near-perfect worlds in the 52 multiverse perfect BECAUSE Batman finally put his foot down and got the Justice League to kill all the most dangerous supervillains?

Attached: 1448486546154.jpg (575x442, 126K)

>The following is a summary of the use of capital punishment by country. Globally, of the 198 United Nations states, 56 countries retain capital punishment, 106 countries have completely abolished it de jure for all crimes, eight have abolished it for ordinary crimes (while maintaining it for special circumstances such as war crimes) and 28 are abolitionist in practice.[1]

Death Penalty is fucking outdated you ameriburger

Attached: death sentence.png (1584x622, 203K)

>A dozen or so murders I can understand, Joker has killed Hundreds
Where do you draw the line retard? Obama and Trump have more blood on their hands than joker, there's literally no excuse to kill Lex luthor but allow american interventionism in the middle east, a world where batman kills is a world where the Justice League morally has to take control over the world like the authority.

>t. Marvel civvie

Not just Gotham, but the state and federal judicial system. Those wackos in Arkham would never be sent again and again to a municipal asylum, for fuck's sake. Poison Ivy, for example, is an eco-terrorist, she would be in a federal prison or death row many times over.

>Why didn't Batman kill the villain that literally started the trend of coming back from the death at 1940s?

Bill Finger himself tried to kill the Joker for good at least 3 times but the fandom pressured him to bring the clown back.

Contingency Plan.

I'm surprised that if not Batman, the entire city of Gotham hasn't up and left with the same fucking villains wreaking havoc every other week. At least show us some civil unrest like protests. Batman is the real villain and Gotham is his personal hell.

>Punisher and Marvel """"heroes"""" is able to kill his enemies
>Marvel is still full of villains who kill people by thousands and even Kingpin is alive while being mere human
I'm pretty sure having moral code is not retarded, but this...

Doesn't change the fact that they're mass murderers, retard. You don't make the sky rain with dead teenage superheroes and then go "lol I'm good now" and expect a free pass. Retard.

Gotham is bigger than New York, big cities have multiple murders daily.

Good lord it's like villains are actually playing as villains. Holy shit.

He's not sane, but he's also a crime lord, a terrorist and a murderer. He actively chooses to break the law. He have a clear understand of right and wrong, what the law is and what it entails, remember, the guy hires lawyers to cover his shit. Joker is perfectably prosecutable.

>Gotham city needs the death penalty reinstated,
You mean the state which Gotham is located
>are you allowed to execute people in local jail?
Asked the Moleman.

You miss the point. Why are all marvel villains are still alive despite the fact that marvel "heroes" not having morals and willing to kill?
I mean, Batman and Superman has their reasoning not to kill and it's logical to see DC villains being alive. And yet I always see shit from mousefans who try to shit on Batman for being an actual hero.

>needs to get into city politics and eventually state
Did you just stop reading at Gotham?

To be fair Batman got that rule when his villains were actual robbers and criminals and not a bunch of psychos who in real world would've been killed either by cellmates or some dirty cops and Bats was a detective who actually used deduction skills and not gadgets that come out of his ass when most convenient

Yees...

Attached: 1367765043001.jpg (476x355, 19K)

>These villains are unrehabilitable and should be killed
>They all have been rehabilitated
>RETARD SHUT UP YOU RETARD RETARD
lmao

This is an unusual slippery slope. There are geopolitical ramifications that are difficult to account for if Batman were to intervene. Batman won't destabilize a region and potentially lead to even more casualties if he killed the Joker.

>Magneto fucked around with a world EMP killing thousands
>everynow and them he is buddy buddy with the X-men
>not being prosecuted in Hague as a mass murderer and the equivalent of a war criminal
Remember, he's a good guy now, he wears white and is buddy with Xavier.

There is the fear that something worse will come to fill the joker shaped hole should Batman kill him. Go for a known evil that is a city wide danger at worse or gamble that a country wide threat will fill the gap.

Why would any company still have offices in Gotham City? Why does anyone with money live there? I can sort of understand staying if there's nowhere else to go but otherwise if there's even a small chance of getting hit by a citywide freeze ray, or a pathogen unleashed by the League of Assassins, or Joker toxin or Scarecrow gas, or whatever other bullshit happens, why wouldn't you live literally anywhere else?

Attached: 40EAB6CC-69C2-434F-BE64-49F215B867E0.jpg (639x759, 162K)

In that case Superman can just chuck the bigger threat in the Phantom Zone and problem solved. As soon as it leaves Batman's austistic jurisdiction better heroes can step in to save the day.

The poor are too poor to leave and almost all of the rich are benefiting from the corruption and crime.

>being this pleb

the whole "dude its what seperates us from them lmao" morality nonsense was introduced in the nolan batman films. Originally, the reason why batman doesnt kill is because he's basically constantly on the brink of insanity. His iron will is the only thing keeping him from murdering all the villains. He wants to kill them, but knows he'll go insane and start murdering more and more indiscriminately.

Instead of getting irritated by how these superhero comics don't make sense and have an incoherent ethics, why don't we acknowledge Alan Moore's point in Watchmen and elsewhere that the superhero genre is juvenile trash?
> Now, see, I haven't read any superhero comics since I finished with Watchmen. I hate superheroes. I think they're abominations. They don't mean what they used to mean. They were originally in the hands of writers who would actively expand the imagination of their nine- to 13-year-old audience. That was completely what they were meant to do and they were doing it excellently. These days, superhero comics think the audience is certainly not nine to 13, it's nothing to do with them. It's an audience largely of 30-, 40-, 50-, 60-year old men, usually men. Someone came up with the term graphic novel. These readers latched on to it; they were simply interested in a way that could validate their continued love of Green Lantern or Spider-Man without appearing in some way emotionally subnormal. This is a significant rump of the superhero-addicted, mainstream-addicted audience. I don't think the superhero stands for anything good. I think it's a rather alarming sign if we've got audiences of adults going to see the Avengers movie and delighting in concepts and characters meant to entertain the 12-year-old boys of the 1950s
The reason no one kills the Joker is because these are not works of art with creative choices made by an artist to explore anything meaningful, they are products with storylines constrained in a way to maximize the company's bottom-line. The reason Batman doesn't kill Joker is because DC makes money off Batman fighting Joker. Don't look for meaning in a pile of shit.

Attached: 0449B73B-762E-4834-888F-BACF2F93D582.jpg (275x183, 12K)

The rich can't benefit from corruption if they're killed by a carnivorous plant controlled by Poison Ivy or turned into a grinning imbecile by a blimp blanketing the city in Joker toxin. They can make and hoard money anywhere else.

>Originally, the reason why batman doesnt kill is because he's basically constantly on the brink of insanity. His iron will is the only thing keeping him from murdering all the villains. He wants to kill them, but knows he'll go insane and start murdering more and more indiscriminately.

How well is that working? He's still letting psychopathic super villains in Gotham to kill more harmless civilians.

>The reason no one kills the Joker is because these are not works of art with creative choices made by an artist to explore anything meaningful, they are products with storylines constrained in a way to maximize the company's bottom-line. The reason Batman doesn't kill Joker is because DC makes money off Batman fighting Joker. Don't look for meaning in a pile of shit.

The cold hard truth.

Attached: 1555378609201.png (613x888, 786K)

It's called the Joker Defense, he's untouchable.

>>the whole "dude its what seperates us from them lmao" morality nonsense was introduced in the nolan batman films.
I'm pretty sure Nolan simply took it and most of his Batman personality from the Dark Knight returns, just like his version of the Joker is basically the Joker from the killing Joke..

This bullshit "reasoning" came about like 60 years after Bats stopped killing.

Attached: RCO023.jpg (1041x1600, 490K)

Why has nobody ever gotten somebody like Deadshot to murder Joker? He's such a detestable piece of shit I have no doubt that his head is worth a shit ton of money. Fly him to space and get Lobo to kill him, or something

It doesn't work like that, retard. You don't get to kill thousands and then throw your hands in the air and go "oopsie, my bad. I'm good now though." What's worse is that the vast majority of those stories the evil bastard makes it clear he was only pretending to be good.

Why doesn't Hal lock him up on OA or something? Then we could inevitably get the story of space Joker when he somehow gets a power ring and escapes.

Sounds to me like you're not interested in justice, just vengeance. Good thing most superheroes aren't like that.

>Is Batman truly the most retarded superhero of all time?
This isn't exclusively a Batman problem. It's literally a problem that 99% of capeshit has.

Ok Red Hood.

he's the man with the best solutions

>They all have been rehabilitated
Lmao, Apocalypse and Magneto are worse and more dangerous than Hittler and Osama. You can't simply take a terrorism/genocide icon with thousands of murders caused over the course of several decades and claim they were rehabilited when they were murdering people less than one year ago. No one will buy that, specially when Magneto was "rehabilitated" before.

Moore really is a bitter old man, isn't he?

In regards to Batman never killing Joker, it's the same reason Superman can't kill Lex Luthor, Holmes can't kill Moriarty, or even why the Coyote can't kill the Roadrunner - they're fundamentally part of the character's myth. The struggle IS the story, not the ending.

Sounds to me like you're missing half a brain.

Does Saudi Arabia have an extradition treaty with the US?

Try reading a comic sometime

Attached: batman #429 pg11.jpg (926x1370, 302K)

>Obama and Trump have more blood on their hands than joker
And both should unironically be put to death, along with bush.

Go suck a hemepenis snakeboy.

Maybe the problem isn't that Joker's kept around, but that he's just written fucking terribly? It's easier to explain why Joker hasn't been killed by a cop or nurser when he's actually the Clown Prince of Crime and not just a face-peeling omnicidal murderer. All I can think of is the semi-recent arc of the Riddler/Joker war. At one point, Bruce Wayne invites both crimelords to his personal estate for a dinner where he'd gauge which one was the safer bet to ally with, because "each gang was too large to fight at once, I'd have to divide and conquer".
Because they're not stupid, Joker and Riddler both took 10 hostages each before going to the dinner. At the end, when they knew they weren't poisoned and it wasn't a sting, Riddler cheerily says the hostages have been freed and are safe, sound, and unharmed. Joker just grouchily says he killed all of them before he even showed up to dinner.

Friendly reminder that this is why, out of all the Batmen, that Terry is the superior one; all of Terry's villains except, like 3, meet an untimely demise or are disfigured to the point they can't continue.

The argument about killing doesn't make sense in comics because people come back from death.
Instead of having the joker being liberated/escaping Arkham all the time, you'd have the joker being resurrected again.

Yes, but they send the citizens back one piece at a time.

And yet his city is a bigger shithole.

>Holmes can't kill Moriarty
Holmes wrestled the man to his doom at the near cost lf his own life.

Attached: Sherlock_Holmes_and_Professor_Moriarty_at_the_Reichenbach_Falls.jpg (1234x1920, 742K)

This. I forgot what comic writer said that he perfers the Joker who shows up at your house at dinner, insists that you eat the same lemon meringue pie you saw him use to melt the faces of some cops earlier on the news, and laughs his ass off at the terror in your eyes when he flings it into your wife's face to reveal the one he brought was just a regular pie. And then he leaves.