Who reads this shit?

Who reads this shit?

>hahaha cosmologists amirite? I get it

Attached: xkcd.png (511x317, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lMss1CeHOiM
forums.xkcd.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The guy's some kind of STEM thing so I'll take this over his hamfisted attempts at social commentary.

SMBC does everything he does better, though.

Attached: 1536410582-20180908%20(1).png (684x899, 224K)

including being a Cuckold

>The Chad Wiener
>Has a wife who is also a scientist

>The Virgin Munroe
>MEGAAAAAAN

Do you think you look clever by pointing out you're not educated enough to understand the joke?

haha it's funny because cosmologists work with really big numbers

I know that Terence tao reads it, he has a link to it on he's website

>Who reads this shit?
the kind of people who think they are much smarter and wittier than they actually are

>implying mockery of "engineer math" isn't an entire subgenre of nerd humor

Why are STEM grads so punchable?

>Who reads this shit?
STEM people.

This. It's like this guy has never visited /sci/.

It's a simple joke OP

What does he have against cosmologists?

Name a better webcomic, gringo

Whomp
Nedroid
Hark a Vagrant...

Wait you mean in terms of STEM shit? Well no, I don't know any other, but I like The Oatmeal.

STEM here. It's pretentious and annoying.

You can say that all you want, that's still his main audience.

Irregular Webcomic

Most STEM people in my experience tend to be pretentious and annoying.

>t.libartsfag

Don't project too hard.

>Who reads this shit?
in my computer science degree the Bobby Tables comic has appeared in the lecture slides of at least 3 different units as an example to describe data sanitization

Attached: 1557291085159.png (666x205, 31K)

This is really the only comic of his that I can recall and enjoy.

Attached: lanes.png (740x1727, 162K)

Please tell me exactly what level of education is required to make unfunny observations into comedy just because a certain number of people don’t get it.

I'm guessing more frequent scans for cancer/tumors in an individual person is not feasible for financial or health reasons?

It is a very ridiculous gag, but I guess it gets the point across.

show proof

Easily SMBC

In the U.S. it's a lot of money at least. Most oncologists will try to check in every few months but cancer gets real nasty real quick.

everywhere else is much less money, if money at all.
pic related.

Attached: 522f5029aa919.jpg (990x380, 268K)

Imagine being this much of a brainlet

Okay I laughed

>tfw my Yuro country has basically the same healthcare system as the US

Attached: rlqse7s47r631.jpg (716x403, 37K)

I'm sorry, UK bro

Switzerland, actually.

I pity you

Mountain jews gonna jew.

proving his point?

>Has a wife who is also a scientist
and biological children

Nah, it's tedious how many SMBC start with some vaguely ethnic woman shouting about science

I used to visit /sci/
Got so tired of trying (and failing) to convince think-they-know-more-than-they-actually-do types that their permanent magnet motors and reactionless thrusters won't work that I haven't been back in a year.

"I posted on ArXiv but 324 refereed journals have refused my work! They're too stodgy to recognize my genius!!!! Einstein and Newton can't compare."

Well, i showed my cousin’s kid that comic and he found it amusing so ... high school STEM at minimum.
Don’t worry, I’m sure you’re good at stuff too ...

And that's a good thing

UK has an universal health care system.

>jews
>They are the most catholic country after the vatican in all Europe.

Spergs gonna sperg

...for now.

We can only hope the NHS gets dissolved, but I man, do I not have much hope

with Brexit, most likely everything will be sold to the USA corporations

I started reading an SMBC comic a few weeks ago. Pretty dry so far, but I think I'm almost at the punchline.

Literal nerds

Wait, are you trying to prove him wrong with that or something? I thought you people were supposed to be smart?

XCD is the epitome of that Meatwad
>I get it. I ain't laughing, but I get it.
image.

>cough and bone pain can indicate cancer
...should I go get checked? Or is it just allergies combined with me being an out of shape hunk of shit?

They called mountain jew cause they wealthy as fuck. What year were you born in to not understand the connotation?

I honestly can't tell who's more obnoxious

t.biofag

>Whew! When can I start treatment?
>We can squeeze you in for your first round of chemo 5 years from now if that works for you?

nah, chemio rounds are regular and gets priority(so you can do even in private clinics which have agreements with the State for free), if anything the 5 years would be for preventive screening

I wonder if you guys genuinely believe that

Allow me to balance out my equations with this hypothetical DARK number which cannot be observed in any way that does not balance my equations..

>what kind of barbaric society...
let me guess, is it the society that kills unborn children and promotes sodomy?

I feel like his earlier stuff is better.
Not sure where the high point is.

youtube.com/watch?v=lMss1CeHOiM

HAHAHAHA I FRIGGIN LOVE SCIENCE

physicists work in a perfect world
engineers work in the real world
cosmologists work outside of everything

The Oatmeal is so fucking bad.

really? this one? Im quite a fan of xkcd but this is the equivalent of making your wifes miscarriage the subject. I feel bad for Randall for not keeping this a personal matter. it's petty. it's pitiable. it's pathetic

>kills
>unborn
which is it, faggot

OH NO NO NO NO

forums.xkcd.com/

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 1.07.25 PM.png (2868x484, 119K)

Lol. The US is such a fucking shithole.

Switzerland has the most fucked system, you pay a mandatory insurance AND you pay for the service anyway

in the US, if you do have insurance, you pay for the insurance and also the service. So the insurance just lets you pay 2,000 dollars instead of 60,000 for a check-up.

did she ever die in the end?

Engineers and calculators jockeys have no respect or understanding for the vastness and sheer complexity of the universe. You can't put a dial caliper on a galaxy. Dissing cosmology is very ignorant. xkcd is so fucking hypocritical sometimes.

How many times today have you thought about America? Because I can guarantee I haven't ever thought about whatever country you're from.

Yet America still sucks my country's dick.

>Canada

I got tired of the doomsday threads

not that they're wrong, I just got tired of them

China?

Being an out of shape hunk of shit is the leading cause of cancer, user.

I find them both insufferable. They are somehow STEM lords and also inject social justice commentary into every other strip. The worst of both worlds.

Did the guy who wrote this not actually watch the show? Walt wasn't concerned about medical bills, he was worried he was going to die without having enough savings for his family and unborn daughter to afford to live without him. Even if healthcare was free, teaching in high school is not a lucrative career.

Yeah the cancer scare stopped being relevant the second his old friends offered to pay the bills. Walt chose, not the cancer.

I can see where you're coming from, but Wiener's social commentary is usually making fun of some school of philosophy or another, where Munroe just gets mad about whatever's on /r/politics this week.

>UGH HE *HAD* TO KILL ALL THOSE PEOPLE IT WAS THE CANCER

No, it was his egomania, desire to have a legacy greater than a son who couldn't live up to his standards and daughter he wouldn't be around to raise, and massively repressed anger caused by lifelong feelings of powerlessness.
Walter was not a good person. He outright says at the end that he didn't do it for his family, he did it because he liked it.

I read it out of habit at this point.

wikipedia editors

I had an Aunt who died from complications due to cancer, that panel with a million roads and loops is really on fucking point. My aunt made it for 50 years. Tough old broad. I should be so lucky to deal with shit like that half as well.