Horrorverse thread

Horrorverse thread.

Attached: 4d87c789fb87b7b9b832b3c0cc6da436425062bb_hq.jpg (1024x649, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=93egnzerE3s
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Share your horror movie wishlist?

> Antje Traue (pandorum) does clear well lit nude scenes in Dark - Season 2.

> Antje Traue is cast as The Bride of Frankenstein, if that film in Universal's Dark Universe moves forward.

> If the Dark Universe moves forward, Dracula Untold is reinstated into canon. I want more of Luke Evan's take on the character.

> If Underworld 6 happens it takes a break from the cycle of the Vamp/Wolf war and introduces some new mythology & antagonist. Ideally Selene goes up against a clan of Gillmen invading & infecting small sea side towns. Play up the mystery & mood. Gillmen are mainly done through practical effects. Maybe have Selene team up with a (female?) Werewolf against them?

> Friday the 13th moves forward with a new film and is a sequel to the 2009 film with a fresh story. Absolutely no reason to reboot/remake anything once again.

> Nightmare on Elm Street moves forward with a indirect sequel to the 2010 film. Have Haley return in a new story. Fix his burn make up, find a balance between Englund's looks from Fred vs Jason & New Nightmare.

> If they recast Freddy again & wish to return him to the cruel dark humor balance they got perfect in 3, consider Tom Hiddleston.

> No more Alien or Texas Chainsaw movies for a long time. I would ask the same for Terminator but they are already filming another one. (In regards to alien, I will make a exception if they get Denis Villeneuve to replace Ridley as director).

> We get more stand alone Halloween comics like Nightdance. Or maybe some mini series that each follow up different continuities in the franchise (show Myers & the cult continuing to try and go after Jamie's baby after 6, Myers going after Laurie's son after h20, adapt the unfilmed plot for Zombie's Halloween 3).

> Some more obscure non franchise slasher films get sequels/reboots with new stories. A sequel to Madman (1981) has been rumored for a while for example. I would like to see something done with The Slayer (1982).

Attached: 468b521314820715.gif (270x230, 2.27M)

> We get some more horror & slasher films set near the sea/on ships, make use of moody harbors, docks & foggy nights. A undead Sea Captain slasher would be cool.

> A new serious toned slasher with a Samurai killer.

> More Pumpkinhead movies.

> Cabin in the Woods anthology series with each episode (maybe every 2 episodes) being a different cast facing a different monster. Some arcs will focus on the folks in the Cabin & some will focus on the staff in the base dealing with capturing monsters out in the wild or having to deal with them getting loose.

> If Scream 5 happens, Sydney does not die unless it's a successful noble sacrificial death. Mabye have the film take place in snowy weather & invert Ghost Face's colors so he will blend in with the environment. Patrick Dempsey returns?

> A B&W tribute movie to 1950s monster movies is that actually is fairly serious & well budgeted, uses practical effects. Builds up mystery & suspense for the 1st 3rd.

Attached: 7e5397_446b03c4c86e4ded9728c1c575fed169~mv2.jpg (630x473, 81K)

>tfw Misfortune actually has a shot at potentially bieng adopted by someone who cares in the Horrorverse, assuming Morgo doesn't have her killed immediately.

Attached: Di38WpJW4AEavEg.jpg (1157x1200, 182K)

I really just want a continuation of Ash vs Evil Dead. I'll take basically anything at this point.

Attached: Manifest_Destiny_1.jpg (585x900, 631K)

Trick r treat 2 and more Friday the 13th movies

>Trick r Treat
Ah, I see you're a man of taste.

>A new serious toned slasher with a Samurai killer.

Blood Beat and Yoroi had samurai slashers, but they were rather farcical. The same goes for pic-related, the third volume of which I don't think ever leaked.

Attached: aa8da06fbf2cb9c5d479ffe5f001b5ff_original.jpg (680x293, 83K)

What do movie characters have to do with Yea Forums?

Pretty much all of those in the OP have comics.

Nice trips, all those characters have had comic book adaptations.

Not sure it's even possible to make a serious toned down samurai slasher. The concept is inherently absurd.

haha good thing i totally see bloodborne threads because it had a comic that one time
your excuse for being here is minimal

See Dead Mine (2012), it's pretty serious and gritty, sadly the samurai wearers don't show up till near the end if I recall correctly.

Just do a completely played straight slasher movie set in Japan and the killer wears a samurai armor. Or a Grudge style haunting movie with a ghost samurai. They have teased such in the Conjuring universe with the Samurai armor in the Warren's collection.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-23-01-27-57.png (1080x1920, 1.63M)

All of those characters have had multiple volumes of comics since the 80s/early 90s.

>Dark Universe stays dead and Universal/Blumhouse keep funding standalone horror movies for the monsters
>FT13 rights issue gets resolved, one last Tommy Jarvis film
>Robert Englund returns in a new NOES film, even if it's just as a voice with a physical stand-in
>continuation of Ash Vs Evil Dead as a movie or TV show, along with
>Toxic Avenger 5 and Trick R Treat 2 come out
>Jeremy Saulnier and Macon Blair do another horror movie together

Who?

We've actually had Bloodborne threads on here. So you have no point here.

A wonderful girl, from a not-so wonderful family.

The game is basically a spiritual successor to Fran Bow, another horror game.

I guess people just don't want to try their hand at it.

Attached: tumblr_psjrvbtnD51qktbieo1_1280.jpg (960x960, 76K)

Sounds cool

True

>>>I would love to see a DC Comics based Horror Anthology either based on Ghosts, House of Mystery or The Witching Hour where we can get short live action or even animated stories to adapt stuff from those comics.

>>>Would love to see the Doctor Thirteen series Elizabeth Banks was producing finally be made, even if the focus is Traci I want Father and Daughter adventures tracking down ghost stories with Terrance trying to Disprove them and Traci using her magic to go after the actual threat behind his back

Who here is excited for Joe Hills’ Hill House Comics?

Attached: BF3DCD33-4544-4228-80FE-610874198357.jpg (277x739, 28K)

Sounds great tbqh

Attached: 2CFB0D17-13B9-4EE5-BA0A-E4BF33A27F79.jpg (624x960, 180K)

Attached: AA612BEE-0368-4FD0-B9B1-F81B69723C63.jpg (624x960, 86K)

Attached: E76597DA-A82D-4787-8B79-C05333969436.jpg (624x960, 206K)

Attached: 9413DB33-B900-4872-A58C-C7CB346E59AF.jpg (624x960, 142K)

Attached: 42DE1A92-9454-452C-9508-8C474D0B6E26.jpg (624x960, 132K)

Dead Mine is pretty close to what you'd need to make a samurai slasher that's taken seriously at all. I think the old timey masks are necessary. I think it would work best as something highly stylized, like classic italian or japanese movies.

I want more anthology films that are at least a step above trash. Supposedly Trick 'r' Treat 2 is not dead. I sincerely hope that's the case.

Same, always my favorite type of horror movies, don’t drag too long and tell their stories efficiently

Attached: Sutter Cane.jpg (384x288, 12K)

Anyone read the Army of Darkness comics?

Is there a ranking list of the different series out there? I read maybe 1/4 of them but they were trash. They couldn't ALL be bad.... Could they?

I'd like a similar ranking of the Aliens comics too. Sift through the shit and not waste my time.

I’m not sure which series either the Army of Darkness comics, Freddy vs Jason vs Ash or The Evil Dead Comic that retold the story but one of them Bruce Campbell hated and refuses to sign

I didn't really like most of the ones that I've read at all, and stopped reading entirely around the time Ash went to a mutant-filled post-apocalyptic future.

Can’t beiieve Jason would bet his mom

It's either that or his machete.

Fair enough

If you don't find any kind of enjoyment from increasingly silly and escalating plots, then the AoD comics aren't something you're likely to enjoy. They're mostly just stories where the Deadites and other assorted concepts are allowed to run wild and do whatever they want, and the stories reflect this.

I'd recommend the one where they go to space, but again, you might not enjoy that if you didn't enjoy the other ones.

Attached: tumblr_inline_pg6vmiqawl1qfgpgs_540.jpg (524x810, 148K)

This face makes for good reaction image.

>Gremlins 3: The New Breed
>Killer Klowns From Outer Space 2
>Maniac Cop 4
>Krampus 2
>Saw: Legacy, an official follow up to 3D that follows a cult of Jigsaw worshippers that aims to spread Kramer’s philosophy by continuing his work
>Troma Cinematic Universe, Full Moon Cinematic Universe and a massive crossover between the two
>A movie about a Suicide Squad-type team of OC slashers embodying tropes of the genre coming together to defeat a world-ending threat

Long Horse is a good boy.

He deserves headpats and apples.

>Killer Klowns From Outer Space 2
Never ever.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=93egnzerE3s

Cute!

>tfw someone decides to take both

Attached: Wario summons.jpg (800x512, 181K)

I haven't seen these, so far all I know they already used this. But IRL Samurai had a right that translates as "to kill and leave." Basically they were allowed to just behead any peasant that they thought wasn't sufficiently respectful and never suffer any consequences so long as they stayed in a Lord's good graces.

So just spitballing I could see some undead or whatever Samurai with a warped view of the modern world that he's in, just doing whatever strikes his fancy and cutting down whoever gives him lip because he's just used to that being a thing he could do.

>Make a massive balls to the walls crossover film of the horror movie icons, call it Terrordome.
>Set in a small town that's not modern but not outdated, big twist involving that, that is suddenly attacked by all the famous slashers and monsters of the 80's. The slashers fight each other as well and employ all their abilities and shit.
>Final battle where the civilians in the middle try surviving the onslaught of the slashers.
>Twist revealed to be a Cabin In The Woods scenario where a higher force constructed the entire scenario to entertain themselves.

Attached: 1562102867288.png (342x359, 196K)

Great stuff, user.

Attached: tumblr_pekw76y1aP1w6i6mko2_1280.jpg (1280x1582, 226K)

Are we ever going to get State/Euro blu ray releases of the original Ju-On films? At least give us a remaster of Grudge 2 already.

I never understood why this series could never financially keep up with Ringu/Ring.

Attached: Ju_on_Girl_in_Black_Ju_on_Old_Lady_in_White.jpg (350x448, 28K)

Thought we were gonna let the Horrorverse threads rest until October came around?

We had one that broke 400+ posts just the other week. And honestly, with all the horror releases cropping up so far and all the others looming on the horizon, it's not much of an issue to have threads a little bit before.

It might also help when the inevitable tide of Ghoul School threads roll in.

I really want more Chernobyl related horror films.
A idea I had was for a film set in late 86 or 87 around the time of the discovery of the Elephants foot and after the sarcophagus is more or less finished, the scientist who found the foot + the engineers working at the still operation Unit 3 are stalked by a radioactive slasher or tar monster like humanoid made out of Corium. Have the monster be cruel & taunting and do things like leave a full block of graphite on a guys desk when he leaves for lunch or have him make a guy black out and when he wakes up he is inexplicably inside the sarcophagus laying a few feet from the smoldering reactor. Really play up the horror of proximity to the reactor, treat the doors to that side of the building like Room 237 from The Shining even before the characters know anything is amiss.

Attached: 0_5b00c_3c298830_orig.jpg (1594x1181, 433K)

>not making the villain the Elephant's Foot itself

I'm not sure why the Ring built up so much popularity compared to the Grudge myself.

>Cabin in the Woods anthology series
I would kill for this and with horror tv shows being pretty big right now, this would actually be feasible.

Also these, minus the Ft13 stuff. I would kill for more AvsED stuff.

As for Alien, I just want another good fucking movie, preferably with a more original premise but that's probably not going to happen any time soon.

We're expecting a reboot American film in June of 2020. Hopefully to coincide with the release, they finally give us Japan's Ju-On blu ray box, maybe even some much needed re-releases of the American-produced versions as well.

One thing to keep in mind is that when The Grudge 3 came out on home video in 2009, even Japan hadn't fully remastered the Ju-On series in blu ray, so there really wasn't much release. At least now they have a reason.

Attached: The-Grudge.jpg (1000x1500, 815K)

That's pretty good to hear. Let's see how it holds up.

Attached: slenderman-.jpg (773x1000, 866K)

Bump...

Attached: SJSM_Specimen_5_Chase_Animation.gif (236x449, 321K)