Disenchantment - Part 2

what did you think of the new episodes Yea Forums?

old thread:

Attached: 1569175040099.jpg (1920x960, 322K)

Attached: 1569176090095.jpg (2449x2449, 860K)

We got more female ass than I was expecting so better than season 1 at least. Kind of a rushed and unfulfilling ending though.

Wish they continued to ditch the overarching narrative in favor of just focusing on the comedy and characters. Now it just feels like it's tacked on and forced, especially since it works better without it.

>We got more female ass than I was expecting

I'm going to have to some of photographic evidence

this. we need it for research like elfo in bean's room

Attached: queen_dagmar_by_bootsin_ddeq1vv-fullview-1.png (1280x2223, 1.16M)

They finally FINALLY found a good shtick for Elfo now that he's a bit more jaded and sarcastic. Luci having a bit of a soft spot is also a nice touch.

The only problem is Bean. The show keeps trying to take a more serious tone that underlines how bad of a personality Bean has and the entire trial just kind of underlined how as stupid as the townspeople were, Bean was just more trouble than she was worth without any of the other two's redeeming qualities.

It's basically the biggest issue with the show now. The King had a cool bit with the shapeshifter woman. Elfo and Luci fought over a slut who ditched both of them which was fun. Ralph Wiggum at least had something going on. But Bean is just this flat character who reacts to stuff happening in really dumb ways but the show thinks is super amazing proactive modern woman.

Wow. This is the first time the cosplay has undisputedly looked better than the 2D to me.

There were more episodes?

Another 10 were put up on Friday.

evil women are hot... but so evil!

Disenchantment? More like Disappointment!

Attached: Mung_Daal.png (310x489, 71K)

I feel it's setting Odval to be too OBVIOUSLY the murderer/Bioshock contact, only to screw over that part if we ever get a season 3. Screencap this, it was the elves all along.

Where can I watch it without paying?

My impression of S1 was similar to that of Milo Murphy's Law. You've got a team of people who excel at episodic comedy jumping onto the serialized hype train but their lack of experience in that style hurts both the serialization elements and the type of comedy they typically excel at all at the same time.

Im so sick of cosplay thots.

Attached: simons quest.jpg (650x715, 108K)

Luci is a cat.

Attached: luci.jpg (1109x667, 125K)

don't you have a jihad to finish, Hamed?

I am sick of gay men who want the end of dressing sexy women.

Then look at cosplay dudes. There's some for gay people you're fine

it's better then season one but that doesn't mean it's good either. Still pretty fucking boring and you shouldn't bother if there is literally anything else you want to watch.

>the 'cat' that is 'actually' a demon in fact just ends up being a cat

how would you react to this?

The point where she defeated her mom came too quick and made little sense in terms of narrative placement. It's doesn't work for the start of a 'season 2', and it doesn't work for the midway point of 'season 1'

I'm sick of people trying to find legal ways to murder my family

Kimcartoon

Apparently the season was split into Book 1 and Book 2, it sort of works if you view it as a 20 episode season.

You're fucking retarded.

I don't quite get what you're saying

i dont think the show is funny

Watched half and used the rest as background noise - worked better as the latter.

Also hmph'd in amusement a couple of times.

>theatre episode
>Zogg is acting like a child and trying to repress the memory of his wife
>Bean writes a beautiful play about their relationship
>instead of executing the thespians like everyone expects, Zogg goes to watch it
>lol nope, not gonna watch it, kill them all
>he doesn't come to a realization and doesn't accept what happened
>he instead listens to Bean talk about something he didn't need to be reminded of, just so she can get a pat on the back for literally nothing
>Bean doesn't even fuck the cute short cafe waitress
This shit is frustrating. Does the show have actual writers? Did they go "Yeah it doesn't make sense and we didn't address the setup of the episode, but we shoved in a feminist message so it's probably ok"?

I'll say something positive too: the season had a few good pieces of background music, like when Bean is sneaking around her aunt's and uncle's palace.

lots of gay anal sex fetish sites out there, user. it's the goddamn internet. open up your browser, and start looking for the men which you desire.

Did you figure out what the waitress' second job is?

Delivery girl

I only see the first part, episodes 1-10, not the new ones.

>But Bean is just this flat character who reacts to stuff happening

This is a big issue with the show. She has no goals and doesn't seem to care about anything.

>feminist message

It annoyed me that they spent some episodes saying women are oppressed in Dreamland then in others females are some of the most powerful figures in the kingdom (the head of the religion is female and a few other council members were).

>But Bean is just this flat character who reacts to stuff happening
But that's false. that's always the complain I see people use every time they can't actually express what they don't like about a character.

I have honestly never see a case where it actually apply.

For some reason, episode 5 is listed twice and the 4th episode is nowhere to be found

>She has no goals and doesn't seem to care about anything.
He goal was quite clear: moving on. It's even spelled out. She seek various way to not be hold on by the betrayal of her mom and her jumping straight to SteamCity is a big illustration from tat.

Wrong

Weird, if you're at a lose end you could try Kisscartoon

I guess it was kind of expected for Bean to perform a mock play at the saloon so the natural comedic subversion is to blueball the audience? Yeah, I don't get it either.

But Bean. i thought this was about expressing yourself and coming to terms with your personal fucked up childhood, not about being recognized in the artiste community and some shit about #metoo I guess?!

I've gotten through the first half.

It's definitely improving. The sound design, VA, animation and timing all seem a bit smoother.
The Bear episode was the funniest episode of the show so far, no surprised it was done by a writer from Horrible Histories, that show was pretty funny. The first episode was good, the Elf/Ogre episode was okay, felt like old Futurama, a little light on jokes though. Other 2 were a little weaker.

I haven't given up on the show yet, it's still really comfy and seems to be getting better.

One doesn't forbid the other. Regardless, when you poor your energy into creative work, it's normal to want some recognition out of it.

It conflicts with her reason for doing it though, she started out wanting to express her inner turmoil. Then she wanted to have it performed.

No, it doesn't. And like I say, it's a normal reaction that the piece of work you worked on get recognised.

That's a very common attitude for most writers, There isn't really an issue, there.

Did I miss why the elves just moved into Dreamland? It seems like a net loss for them, when they only had to come to donate blood

Leavo said he'd found something important they'd been looking for and it was hidden somewhere in the castle. Leavo stops showing up after that, most likely they wanted to write more elf stuff and had to justify bringing the elves to Dreamland.

ditto

I found it a step down from season 1.
The writing is even worse than from season 1.
Too many 'convenient moments for the sake of plot' because they couldn't be bothered to spend more than a minute thinking up plausible scenarios.
One example is the episode where they rescue Derek from the giant octopus. Bean and Elfo are running down Dreamland to get to the beach. Bean grabs a random stein while passing by a pub that just so happens to be transparent, downs it, and then when they get to the beach it just happens to be what they need to illuminate the underwater cavern. This is just one example, but it happens multiple times in every episode, like the finale when the pyre inexplicably crumbles through the floor leading them to exactly where they needed to be. I get that this kind of 'lazy writing for unimportant things' first started popping up in Futurama, but Disenchantment goes into overdrive with it.

Also the writing itself is schizophrenic as fuck. This season should have been Dagmar focused and explained the mysteries, but it was put on the backburner only to end up with nearly exactly the same cliffhanger as the first. Steamland makes no sense and feels like it was added in just to look cool. You have one episode where Bean discovers the magic music box leading her into the underground cavern... then it's forgotten about until the end of the episode.

Also the best two characters in S1, Oona and Bunty are just written off. Oona didn't even get a good development or send-off she just randomly decides to be a pirate and leaves.

All in all I'm kinda disappointed. It was the trailer for S2 that made me give S1 another shot and actually enjoy it, but S2 feels like not even the showrunners know where they want to go with the story.

>Also the best two characters in S1, Oona and Bunty

Neither of those are how you spell Merkimer

I'd fondle those bare breasts of hers

Attached: silk.png (955x677, 928K)

user Bunty was in the seesawing quite a bit even had a great joke about an uprising during a Bean flashback....

Also Jerry is Best Boy

>that lip piercing

Attached: puke.gif (450x371, 2M)

Caught up with new episodes yesterday. How many years do I need to wait for the next season?

Did he start puking mice?

One and a half

Attached: Dagmar.jpg (434x653, 49K)

>Have you considered erotic Fairy Tail fanfiction?
Didn’t know the staff liked Fairy Tail.

Luci is the best character and the show would have ended well if he just left them in hell

>Luci is the best character

This.

What's wrong with that girl's mouth?

They're working towards something, Leave-o stops and dusts off a skull to find pic related, the NotSun motif that's all over Dreamland with some other signs.

Attached: s.jpg (580x454, 46K)

In which episode Bean shows up naked?

That image makes what the guy in the last thread said about the sun sign being the kraken probably not true.

I'm starting to wonder if it's supposed to be the face of God. We know now that people can come and go from the afterlife, even if it's very difficult.

The easy answer that comes from that image is "lighthouse", but that doesn't connect to anything we know about the world.

>or a woman

The one with the berrietree and the ogres.

So, those creatures in the final scene of the season. We can agree that one of those was probably Elfo's mom?

Wouldn't that be even less likely?

>Throws woman off horse

No ||Elfo's mom|| is definitely the ogre queen that ||helped them get the berries||, why else would they know his name?

Did you seriously think that's how spoiler tags worked?

I thought he was trying to make air quote. which now, that I am thinking about it, is a really dumb thing to do in a written medium.

I'm too used to being a discordfag sorry

Fucking hated them. To many hanging threads, not enough resolution for 10 episodes 1/year.
>what's Bean's mom's motivation?
>What's the thing the elves are looking for?
>what's the pink juice?
>why are there soulless elves?
>who's the conspiracy trying to kill the king (if it's not Bean's Mom who doesn't seem to have the dosh to pay for assassins)

They should have spent at least 1 fucking episode on the larger meta plots.

They were very clearly elves?

Remind me what the pink juice was about.

No clue they just find it. It's got that same symbol the elf captain was interested in and then zero mention of it ever again.
My personal theory is that it's like elf souls or something, hence the zombies in the underground.

Elfo isn't a pure elf, and his dad spent the entire episode talking vaguely about his real mom. At the end of the episode the Ogre Queen overhears Elfo's name, and recognises it, then it cuts to Elfo's dad rambling about the mom. It's very heavy handed implications that she's the mom.

Attached: ogre queen.png (738x369, 355K)

NM i'm dumb and replied to wrong post, meant to reply to

don't worry user, everyone makes mistakes

Mistako more than others

Fucking agree. I was hopping that after they wrapped up last seasons sizzler they were going to do a lot of single episodes that didn't connect but instead all but 3 directly connected to each other and rather than world building that also happen to be plot hooks we just got boring, unexplained plot hooks for that seasons sizzler.
What's worse was the plot wasn't that interesting.

without his demon powers he is truly just a cat

She's cute

yes but it grows nothing worthwhile like Steamland.

This feels very fanfiction where they hope you just fill all the blanks in yourself

Bean's arc in S1 was to make her mark and revelation of her mom
S2 was... she is really gullible?

>season 2's cliffhanger is the same as season 1

Attached: HNDyUg.gif (320x180, 644K)

>Steamland
They should have either built the season around that or back burned it till season 3. All it gave was the means to set up the final which you could do with almost anything else and get the same result. Also the heel turning seemed overall forced in Season 2, and by that I mean it creates near plot holes for season 1

Attached: 1567306966514.jpg (259x270, 43K)