Why do I get the feeling Bendis is now using Action Comics as just a vehicle to push his latest OC creation...

Why do I get the feeling Bendis is now using Action Comics as just a vehicle to push his latest OC creation? How long will this last? What ripple effects will this cause in the DC universe? Will she be as terribly thought out as his past creations ultimately forcing more talented writers to salvage it?

Attached: IT BEGINS.jpg (1920x1080, 232K)

>How long will this last?
However long Bendis keeps writing.
>What ripple effects will this cause in the DC universe?
Worst case, the impact will be the same as House of M, but for DC.

I know he's already planning his own bid DC event crossover that he's just waiting for the higher ups to green light, and we all know that they will green light it.

Can someone please explain what this character is ?

All I know about Naomi is that she was part of the Wonder Comics line (like Russell's Wonder Twins book), was written/created by Bendis, and is now being introduced in Action Comics just as aged up Jon Kent is being shipped off to Legion of Superheroes. That last part alone makes me hate her. But if anyone here who's actually read Naomi's book can enlighten me or tell me her appeal, feel free

so how come Supes and Bats look so positively shocked? they've seen like a million superheroes with a billion different powers, what's she got that's so incredible?

>Batman and Superman literally in awe
lmao

she's black

all I can think of when I see that image is this

Attached: latest[1].jpg (400x577, 65K)

she's a Bendis OC, which like all others means she exudes the Poochie effect

Attached: 1031880.jpg (640x480, 67K)

she can go from normal mode into a super powered form
in that form she has super strength, super durability, can fly and shoot energy blasts

besides the generic powerset what really bothers me about her is that she doesn't have a super hero name, she's just "Naomi"

She's apparently from an alternate dimension

Because it's a cover genius. Events portrayed are not accurate to what will happen in the story.

Bendis is such a fucking joke, holy SHIT I hate Bendis so fucking much. Bendis can fucking gag to death on a dildo.

>Why do I get the feeling Bendis is now using Action Comics as just a vehicle to push his latest OC creation?
Because you've conditioned by Yea Forums to react negatively to new character like it's supposed to be bad.

like Mxyzptlk, or like she's from Earth-whatever?

So shes dc's america chavez?

Faggot-beams?

From earth-whatever.

She's a stronk POC womyn who's more powerful and more intelligent than both Batman and Superman combined.

a miniature version of himself with all his powers that goes on to stop the crime.

it's a weird story, on-par for the silver age

So you guys hate her because she's black?

I'm not actually sure, this just says "An Alternate Dimension"

Attached: i haven't read the comic mind you.png (284x179, 5K)

It's an alternate earth.

And doesn't have electric powers. That's rare in DC

She's joining YJ btw

Yawn. No, it's obvious pandering to the woke-left at Batman and Superman's expense. Also, why make the character black? Is the character better for being black or is it another check-box for the ol' Progressive Points tally?

No you dip shit racist fuck. Try looking beyond the colour of her skin and making this into a race thing. You fucking liberals, leftists or whatever the fuck you want to be called play the race card so fast when you see someone of colour being criticized, even a fictitious one. No you nazi fuck. People hate her because she is another forced bendis o.c. full of bendis tropes. And bendis makes all his characters of varying races and sex cause if anybody criticizes them they are titled "racist" when he himself is a racist just for using their skin colour or sex to deflect siad criticism. God how fucking racist can you be. You see, people like you and bendis, you can't see past someone's skin colour. Oh sure. You'll "accept" and won't "judge" them for it just so you can get your "woke" points and feel better about yourself while coming off sounding like a asshole to them. Here's a hint. They don't care that you are accepting of their fucking skin colour you fucking nazi fuck because if the first thing you categorize them by is skin tone, they'll see you as a fucking racist you fuck head nazi.

>Also, why make the character black?
Why not?

Ok but what's your actual problem with the character?
>inb4 she's boring
If you're gonna say that then can tell me why she's boring?

No issues there, but if you're going to do a black character then speak to the black experience. If the character is for all intents and purposes white, just with a different skin tone, then it comes off as pandering and actually becomes counterproductive.

>Ok but what's your actual problem with the character?
See my response here

Have you read bendis? Anything he writes is boring. Even his own creations are better handled by other writers.

black

>REEEEE
Is this pasta? This has to be pasta.

whats with bendis and black ocs?

please tell me this is a pasta

>Black characters have to act black
What? Not all black people act the same user.

>whats with bendis and black ocs?
to inspire his adopted black daughters, guy is definitely struggling raising them and uses comics to give them false hope

Characters constantly complimenting your protagonist when doing nothing doesn't make them interesting nor does it give them depth. Bendis has a problem with this, constantly. Riri, Miles? They just show up at the scene and other heroes can't stop sucking them off like it's some kind of weird meta way to justify their existence rather than actual development/accomplishments to EARN said respect. For example all Riri did in Civil War 2 was fly around in the background, had no real reason to be there in the first place, and was called amazing for whatever reason

So is it ok for a white character to act black? Or would that be unrealistic? My point is that it doesn't seem like a fleshed out character and as such is a wasted opportunity.

Ya'know it's funny. I didn't even read OP's post, and the first thing that came to my mind when i saw the thumbnail was, "Bendis made this character didn't he?"

Define what acting "black" is.

You first.

Using slang isnt even a black thing anymore' its officially young people talk. Theres little white kids dabbing all the time

This. what are her powers? Where do they come from?

>DC has their own Kamala Khan now
>only worse because she's a bigger
A dark day for DCchads

Yeah ok, they'll have her rob a Wendy's and lament about never having met her father, that will blacken her up nicely

Attached: 1552283493227.gif (200x200, 948K)

Because Bendis uses all the comics he writes as a vehicle for his OC's. Go ahead count how many he introduced in Superman and Action comics alone. Even better count how many are black females. Bendis only exists to suck the marrow out of any comic he is writing for in order to create his OC's.

>This. what are her powers? Where do they come from?
She has Flying Brick + Energy Blast and she was born with them but they were locked up inside of her until she touched some black box. Her mother and father are two of the most powerful people on her Earth with the most powerful one being the main villain of that Earth.

Why are you talking about miles and Riri instead of Naomi?

Oh God Bendis is poised to have his OC takeover for Supes. He has been writing him as shit so he can prop up Naomi.

bendis writes black mary sues that are insufferable. they inject nothing to the story other than to feed his ego. if he wants to use a black female hero i don't care. but his OCs are pure garbage cigar burns on the comic book industry.

>if he wants to use a black female hero i don't care
Yes you will because he will screw that character up just to make his story work. Look at the Hood for example.

Because they were all created by the same writer and he has very clear, consistent patterns in his writing. You dont have to be a genius to figure that out

i expect that of him though. he ruined jon just so he could cuck clark.

him ruining other characters is expected. but letting him have his OCs is just letting him win.

Pattern? What about legitimate text.

He did just force her into the young justice comic with the other oc he made. You know the fucking little black girl who hacked a green lantern ring with her mom's computer. It's funny how the green lantern Corp hasn't done anything about this. Don't they know every time someone gets a ring or losses a ring.

>Bendis' big new OC is barefoot in her "costume"

What did Bendis mean by this

So how is any of what Bendis is doing in DC actually selling? Are the numbers higher, lower, or about the same as what the books he's one were doing before?

Bendis' Superman books are doing worse than Tomasi's run at his lowest selling point. Young Justice isn't anywhere close to the top 10 in sales. His solo imprint, the ones starring female leads with only one name, is completely negligible. There is zero buzz about Event Leviathan. Bendis has made no impact whatsoever in terms of sales, but he's certainly doing his best to destabilize continuity and status quo. That's always been his specialty.

>That's always been his specialty
To be fair, his actual specialty was supposed to be street level character writing. Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man. And Alias, I guess. And he's been riding the reception of those for a decade now. I've never heard a good word said about anything he's written sense then. I mean, people shit on those three runs too, but they're still sort of understood to be the things that actually made him popular. Everything else has just been off the strength of those and justified within that context. As people have been saying for years, it's maddness they gave a guy known for street level cape writing the keys to their universe shaking, franchise-wise stories and all encompassing event arcs.

I enjoy this scene, though, just for what it is and completely outside all context.

Attached: 1409921074105.jpg (1280x1968, 621K)

What's to stop a petty villain from just killing everyone she knows? The reason heroes have secret identities is because they don't want their loved ones being harmed, running around with your real name makes everyone you know a target.

Because it's a tired cliche at this point. Every new up and coming character needs to be black, or gay, or some other combination of minority.

Why can't we have a character defined by their actions, not a checklist of political topic points.

Because Comic books haven't dealt with internal logic like that for decades. There is no attempt in comic books anymore to make the world work beyond the set pieces the book currently sets up.

It irks me that he does the
>This.
>This?
>Yeah, this.
>No, really, this?
>Did I stutter? This!
Nobody talks like that, and certainly not with the frequency that Bendis imagines. I don't even need realistic dialogue, but it needs to at least be interesting and dynamic.

The same thing that stops someone in an age of facial recognition tech from noticing that Superman looks exactly like Clark Kent, who unless we was a hermit is in countless tagged photos dating back from the dawn of social media during his Smallville years. Facebook's algo alone would identify Superman as Clark Kent, wouldn't even need fictional Luthor tech.

It's not just Action Comics, son

Attached: Except Now With More Bendis OCs.jpg (633x960, 452K)

Bendis forces his OCs because he gets paid royalties every time they appear, just like every writer

how the fuck is earth 3 still around
it was destroyed years ago

I think that Bendis is trying to create a new waifu for himself.
Think about it, Bendis had plenty of waifus he had growing up reading Marvel, like Kitty Pryde and Spider-Woman. But so far, it doesn't seem that he had any DC waifus, so he has to create his own.

>whats with bendis and black ocs?

Actually what's with anons and black bendis ocs.

Bingo

>Bendis' Superman books are doing worse than Tomasi's run at his lowest selling point.
Not really, they're just a bit bellow where the same issues were. Part of the problem though is that the comics changed from biweekly to monthly due to Bendis, and sales really haven't made up for that. DC just lost books in the top50 due to this.

According to Bendis it wasn't. The Crime Syndicate just left for no reason and the people left behind don't know why.

She’s a Bendis creation. She’s seemingly a normal girl until she discovered that her town was filled with inter-dimensional refugees that escaped their dying world or some shit and some bad guy from said world showed up. She temporarily stops the guy, and then shows up in latest and next AC. She’s going to join Young Justice soon, too.

Unlike America, her comic was at least decent. It’s average as fuck and filled with the usual Bendis quirks, but it sure as hell isnt a train wreck like America was. Like, there’s a plot that makes sense and Naomi isn’t an unlikable cunt.

In the issue, they acknowledge the fact that the main Crime Syndicate has been gone for a while. It doesn’t make sense anyways, since Anti-Monitor supposedly wrecked that entire planet and ate everyone’s souls/energy to get ready for his slap fight with Darkseid, but whatever. It’s Bendis. He doesn’t follow continuity. Ever.