twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean with or without the shield?
With the shield? Absolutely
Without the shield? Probably not

But he's taken so much shit without the shield
He got pile-driven into the ruins by Amethyst
He had that giant stone shatter-dummy thrown at him by Bismuth
He got punched into the injector by Spinnel

Any one of those events would have ground a normal human into a fine paste. The fact that Steven's still standing means he could probably survive a rocket launcher.

Undoubtedly. Assuming he doesn't have his shield or bubble up, it'd still have to hit his gem to risk killing him, and that's literally diamond. He gets knocked around pretty hard with little to no damage, but even if it pierced his skin normally he could just lick his wounds and be fine.
He would cry though.

Attached: stevn unuvs.gif (356x200, 175K)

Would it even pierce his skin, though?
Getting punched into oblivion from 100 miles up by Spinel didn't leave any black or blue marks

> It'd have to hit his gem to risk killing him
But what if it got him in the eye and entered his brain? Wouldn't that kill his human part?
I mean sure, Pink Steven would come out and literally rip the shooter's head off. But wouldn't his human half stay dead? Wouldn't Steven as we know him be gone forever?

Attached: D20BA12C-B177-439D-8B46-F310CEB924B5.png (786x442, 254K)

Piercing resistance and bludgeoning resistance can be wildly different. We can't know for sure since no one ever shot or stabbed him in the show.

Pink Steven could heals his wounds from within him, or even bring him back from the dead if necessary.
You have to kill both his halves to put him down.

A better question is: are the Gems bullet-proof?
Physical-form wise, since obviously getting hit in the gem would be an instant kill

I mean we've seen them take a stupid amount of punishment, too. Pearl holding up her hand to block Rolando's attack looked like punching a brick wall

Attached: fdre.png (485x472, 151K)

she's vulnerable to getting pierced, though

Attached: 2a1.gif (499x286, 1.79M)

Pearl got stabbed in the chest and poofed but pretty good considering she’s basically a assistant robot. We know Bismuth and Garnet can just bathe in lava.

Enough physical force will disrupt their forms, but it seems to take a good amount, to the point that their solid cores are actually their weak point in most cases.
Small caliber firearms likely wouldn't be enough, and it would take more powerful munitions.

Holo-pearl can exert more force than most guns.

Would the pink half even be able to cry, though?
It looks like he was pretty much incapable of emotion

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Nah Steven doesn't do tears remember, he uses saliva

Early on? No, probably not.
Now? It's way more up in the air but I'd be inclined to think that he'd take it better than average humans if nothing else.

where's the proof of this?

She can cut a tree with a balloon sword.

Oh Jesus
Ok then, you're right. Nevermind. So this doesn't prove Pearl couldn't take a bullet one way or another. Guess we're back to square one on the bullet-resistance question.

A single lunging strike from Holo-pearl can create a shockwave powerful enough to knock Steven off his feet from a good 20 feet away. Obviously more force than anything designed to be handheld will have.
youtube.com/watch?v=BMhM2ZXN4Lg

I can't stand transbians

I think it's pretty obvious that nothing short of a headshot would be able to kill Steven, since he can always heal himself

My question is whether the bullet would even pierce his skin. Or go through his skull, for that matter, given what he's been able to take before

Attached: steven blood smooch.gif (1109x616, 3.32M)

Neither can I, faggot. But we're discussing something important here!
Could Steven Universe take a rocket launcher? What if somebody ran him over with a car?
I need answers, people! We've established that he would cry, but that's still not enough information!

If a car tried to run over him, it’s more likely to be the one wrecked.

Even with an instakill headshot, Pink Steven could revive him afterwards.

Yeah but would he be hurt? How much?

Not exactly. Even if it didn't do any harm, a car would knock Steven back rather than crash into him, as Steven has very little weight.

I'm not so sure about that
I know that he can HEAL people with saliva, but w/r/t raising the dead, that looks like it requires tears.
At least it did in the case of Lars

Plus, I'm not sure that Pink Steven has saliva. Do the gems salivate? I know they can make their own digestive system, but how well does that fake digestive system really work?

Do the Gems poop out real poop? Or is it just mushed-up versions of whatever they ate?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

these questions will never be concretely answered

Doubt any injuries.

maybe a little dizzy

Pink Steven has always been a part of him, it can control his body just like other gems control their construct bodies.

Pearl salivates on that Steven Tag episode if i recall correctly, i think you can find the scene pretty easily on youtube.

>Or is it just mushed-up versions of whatever they ate?
What do you think that giant pile of destroyed junk in Amethyst's room is?

Attached: amethyst burrito.gif (500x230, 452K)

But that's what these boards are for. The questions you can't answer elsewhere

I came to you gentlemen for a singular purpose. To autistically debate the effective strategies for murdering a overweight cartoon child. I knew that there was no one else who would take my questions as seriously as I did. I knew no one else would look to physics and the history of the show in the way that I wanted to.

So go forth and make me proud, boys. How exactly do you think Steven's powers would work?

Wait what exactly is your question I forget

Holy shit that's actually a pretty good theory

Attached: 1530173240556s.jpg (200x250, 5K)

Read the Op
How would Steven getting shot play out?
Would it pierce the skin? Or would it just bounce off and make him cry?

Steven's spit heals wounds and his tears brings people back to life, what would his blood do?

Is that how Steven solved the injector poison problem, did he just piss on it?

No I meant we can only really theorize about it, it will never be concretely answered which sucks. Steven Universe would profit so much from being able to show mature themes without being held back (not profit monetarily)

>steven taking a dump cleans pollution

He doesn’t really cry at physical pain, it’s emotional stuff that hurts him. A precise gunshot to the eye or Gem may hurt but I think he can heal himself now so it may be moot. He took on a full powered punch from Jasper during the season 1 finale and was left with a black eye though knocked out and she’s pretty fucking strong. We must also take into account reaction time, as it is possible he may be able to form his bubble in just enough time.

is poop a bodily fluid? diarrhea maybe.

Who cares? The pursuit is the aim!
Already, we have begun to explore the implications of him healing through other bodily fluids!
See, this is exactly the kind of spirited discussion I was hoping for. Soon, we may perhaps come to the conclusion that the best way for Steven to convert his enemies is by shitting on people

What about Greg’s arm? He healed it with spit and it seemed to have gone through necrosis

That's a good point. He tried to make himself cry with physical pain before, and it didn't really work.
It wasn't until he came to the prospect that his friends might die that he really started to let it out

Okay well there's three things you'll need:
>A weapon he wont see coming and put up his bubble for
>A weapon that can shatter, and accurately hit, a large diamond
>A weapon that can pierce his skull before he heals, potentially requiring even more force than the diamond
As far as human munitions go, you're not really hurting for options, but most of them will require mounting on a vehicle.

>Do the Gems poop out real poop? Or is it just mushed-up versions of whatever they ate?
Amethyst says she likes to pee outside, Pearl says she hates the sensation on stuff going through her, and I recall a deleted line of Amethyst saying something on the lines of "making poop biscuits with my body tubes" or something.

gonna need sauce on that last one

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRkoGoVssJc

What about a sniper rifle? Doesn't that tick all three boxes?

Attached: P2703B_LRG__59144.1493745817.1280.1280.jpg (1280x480, 100K)

Shit not the one I posted. Since it's obviously fake, now that I'm looking at it
But still. I think a sniper rifle could probably even shatter a diamond. Or at least badly damage it

Okay let’s do fictional scenario. Say he was fighting the T-800 model Terminator. How would he do?

Well first he'd probably try to make it see the light
But when it became obvious that wouldn't work (and when he saw it was a robot), he'd be ok with destroying it
Also, unless the T-800 managed to catch him off-guard first with a sneak attack, it probably wouldn't stand a chance. Steven would just have his shield up the whole time while he was trying to dissuade it, and once he realized it wasn't real, he'd either just decapitate it with his shield or throw a car at him.

I think Steven could probably take on a Terminator at this point
Just summon the spiked bubble and run it over a few times

Use a DUKEP discarding sabot round or even make a diamond penetrator core and yeah you would wreck Steven.

when did that happen?

There are actual diamond bullets now?
God damn

In the movie
Greg was driving around towards the end with a dead arm. Thing had gotten injector poison on it; went grey and limp. Steven seemed to heal it afterwards

No, but you could make one. It’s not especially difficult, just expensive and mostly pointless irl.

You think it wouldn't be especially difficult?
How the hell would you pull off the rifling?

Attached: 5BA33815-BE5D-4A4D-9B43-51C554685B6F.png (1334x750, 456K)

He could engage the bubble boxing gloves and destroy it with one punch.

Rifling wouldn't have to be diamond. Just the core

A thousand apologies meant for this guy It sure looked dead

Attached: A33A95D1-263B-4B02-AB62-6517ABF8960A.png (1334x750, 520K)

Why use diamond when you can use a denser material like uranium?

Is density > hardness when it comes to bullets?

Nigger armour piercing bullets use a soft outer sheath to engage the rifling so that the penetrator can still do its job. You also have discarding sabot rounds that achieve the same purpose (protecting the rifling from the hardness of the penetrator) but producing significantly higher velocities.

Depends on what you want the projectile to achieve.

What would each end of the spectrum be better at achieving?

Depends on the target. Density and hardness are good vs hard targets, density but softness good vs soft targets. For example police try to avoid using AP bullets except in SWAT type situations because a hard bullet will penetrate cover and also human targets and present a greater danger to bystanders. Soft bullets also tend to transfer more of their kinetic energy when they hit, whereas hard bullets transfer comparatively very little, but have a higher chance of actually piercing you if you are wearing armour.

How effective can those actually be?

can that feat be taken seriously? it just seems so cartoonishly absurd

when has steven ever cired from physical punishment? he cries when other people get hurt, not when he does

Hard enough to tank blows from Spinel, who punches cartoonishly hard.
I mean, it is a cartoon.

I find most good feats really are absurd.

Well he cried when he got his gem tore out but that put him on death's doorstep, deprived him of half his soul, and likely was the most unpleasant experience of his life, so that's reasonable.

Yeah he doesn’t give a shit about his own life at all.

if pink can cry healing liquid, why wouldn't she be able to salivate? I can't speak for the others, you have to remember that when someone asked "can gems sunburn" , Ian or someone said "no...unless there was a joke in the show that required them to"

Eyeball took a fist-sized meteoroid (which wasn’t travelling particularly fast, since you could see it travelling) and it cracked his gem. Considering that rubies are EXTREMELY hard gemstones, I don’t think a depleted uranium penetrator would have much trouble cracking a gem.

He has a pretty big complex about pretending things are OK. It's why he kept shit to himself instead of confiding in the others that Bismuth, Jasper and Eyeball fucked him up emotionally and also why he pretended shit was fine when he came back from Homeworld. He desperately wants that happily ever after, the climax of which we see in the movie.

Who doesn’t want a happily ever after? Most heroes dream of a world that doesn’t need them anymore.

But user, we'll never see Steven getting fucking shot in 30fps animation with voice acting, is this world truly worth living in?

Attached: SAD_CRIMSON.png (873x439, 433K)

Maybe, but we're dealing with unknown variables here so if you wanna be sure you ought to go for overkill, and in that case might as well go for more powerful mounted weapons. He lives on the beach, we usually keep our strongest guns on boats anyway, might as well use them.
Though if you're attacking him at home you have to account for Garnet, which will eliminate your element of surprise and that's a whole other scenario you gotta run though

Attached: navy-Machine-gun-1024x755.jpg (1024x755, 98K)

It's a good concept, but life doesn't stand still. I like how they explained it in the modern Doctor Who:

>DOCTOR: No, I don't. Not always. Times end, River, because they have to. Because there's no such thing as happy ever after. It's just a lie we tell ourselves because the truth is so hard.
>RIVER: No, Doctor, you're wrong. Happy ever after doesn't mean forever. It just means time. A little time. But that's not the sort of thing you could ever understand, is it?

>Would it even pierce his skin, though?
yes

if the pink acid from the movie can cause him to scar, a bullet would definitely pierce the skin

No he couldn't. He doesn't have diamond skin, it'd pierce and mess up his gooey insides. Same logic applies to e.g. he gets shanked.

Given the shit he tanked without a shield prior to timeskip? I wouldn't be surprised if he could actually.

Well you gotta remember this is pink stuff specifically designed to wipe out organic life, it’s basically Kryptonite

More absurd than making intergalactic portals out of the hair of people you brought back to life by kissing them?

youtube.com/watch?v=yw-5lYYBh9Q

Amythest slammed him into stone from crazy heights and the kid just shrugged that off. That was before timeskip

"Biotoxin" is obviously a contact toxin. The only way to resist it would be to have non-porous skin. (Like a gemstone, heh.)

Gems can't tank blunt force damage, but it's different with piercing.

Attached: Bismuth_trim3.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

can*

Throw shield at it, cut it in half, T-800 dies
Use BLOATMAXX strength to pull or punch it apart, T-800 dies

He couldn't take criticism let alone a bullet

Didn't Steven's shield slice through an obelisk once and gems tanked that?

Do you think Steven could survive a strategic nuclear warhead? I mean, those things travel at 12km/s and detonate 3 miles or so in the air, so it’s not something that he would be able to dodge. The flash alone would turn him into a fine dust instantly and the shockwave could very easily smash his gem.

If he had or got his bubble up? Possibly, yes, if the blast and effects kill him before this can be done then no.

nah he's totally got this, a little radiation poisoning never hurt anyone

That’s an emotional thing, that’s compkicated.
He took on the Injector exploding with his bubble. I wouldn’t rule it out.

garnet can be surprised if the gun in question is fast enough or is area of effect is wide enough so it can´t be simple dodge, so a energy weapon similiar to yellow diamond lightning or a armor-piercing shotgun, the goal is to poof her not shatter her, not because it cannot be done but instead is a more achievable objective

Point blank nuke? Nah. But if he sees it coming and he's respectably far from the epicenter, his shield may be able to tank the worst of it. If he's upwind and was out of line of sight from the initial blast, he might not even get that severe radiation poisoning.

Injector was a small fart compared to a nuke. The injector was prob 200m away from the town, yet no blast damage was visible on any of the closest structures when the diamonds come down.

Steven probably isn't chucking it with that much force all the time, something like the metal spike poofed Jasper and a sword with Pearl. Steven can still get stabbed it'd be stupid if Eyeball actually managed to get him it would have just done nothing.

He can’t exactky steady himself, he might be fine but launched far away.

The bubble doesn’t seen to diffuse or refract light, so he may not stand a chance against the flash even with it up.

Okay, let’s level up. How about Cain from Robocop 2?

Attached: 25084ED7-56BC-4742-84C7-9CF165A3E92F.jpg (350x423, 54K)

Sometimes words hurt more.

Attached: 1363058633003.png (500x500, 10K)

Shield up, no problems. Seriously if it doesn't flatten a tank in one blow you may as well not try.
Remember he can use his shield as an offensive blast now so anything that would be in dire straits after being knocked over is in for a bad time as well.

What about the Predator? He has lasers.

Attached: 14F89F00-5679-42D2-BB9B-17450B815DCD.jpg (1800x1012, 116K)

No he doesn’t. The shoulder cannon fires a slow beam of energy. Even bullets travel faster.

Absolutely not, those lasers were shit league. Basically micro grenade tier.
He'd need to cut off Steven's head while he sleeps or something.

Attached: faggot 5.jpg (1360x1136, 334K)

See T-800, Steven would not have a problem physically dueling this dude though I suppose it'd be mildly humorous to see Steven being really frustrated with Cain being a druggie whackjob or just cutting Robocain's cool but exposed hydraulic waist in two with a shield.

What about Pearl?

Fuck I wanna rewatch Robocop now

see

Okay, gonna go bigger. How about him?

Attached: BAE0665A-7080-4E99-B71B-372EB0CA8BE3.jpg (528x396, 27K)

I'm kinda surprised at the dislike for the second movie but I didn't bother with the third after Lewis died instantly. At least the Rehab promo animation was cool.

The second one was awesome, who could hate it?

Second movie almost entirely dropped the satire and went über violent fir its own sake. Which is ironic considering that this is what the first film mocked. Verhoeven had no part in the second movie.

Let’s find out

Attached: B560D497-24A6-44F5-B69F-1343A3F83F54.jpg (4032x3024, 2.11M)

He could fight off the lesser Cenobites, but Pinhead himself? Fuck no.

P=m*a/S
More mass=more preasure=more penetration. If we question even possibility of penetration, we must put as much energy into impact as we can.

I mean hes so fat that it really wouldn't do that much damage.

Hahahahaha
He has been beaten by mortals, Steven could easily wipe the floor with him.
The Tall Man is the real horror threat to Steven.

Retard

If hes constantly touching his own body fluids(we never saw if he had healing blood, but if his spit and tears have healing properries why wouldnt they) isnt it safe to say he has constant regen? You would need to dehydrate him with the bullet you headshot him with.

What IS Pinhead anyways, never watched Hellraiser but see him a lot

He’s sort of a demon lord, and leader of the Cenobites, demonic being from another dimension. They work for Leviathan, who’s pretty much really evil. Think S&M fans but you know, think of Body Horror as vanilla.

Asking the REAL questions here

How would Steven fare against adult life?

Attached: werttt.png (700x525, 406K)

Easy mode. He's popular in his community, talented, and has a rich dad.

Pinhead has shrugged off worse than most of what Steven has, outside of Pink Steven. And if you take the comics into account, he's basically a demon god once unbound.

Anything beyond Pinhead, like the Tall Man or the Deadites, would casually wreck Steven.

I mean its pretty obvious that pink did manage to get lion back to life i don't know if tears but she must have done something

Gems seem to be more vulnerable to piercing than they are blunt force, so I would argue that yes, firearms should poof at least most non-fusions.

No evidence.

If I remember correctly the only thing that took him down for good was a giant space laser powered by the sun.

She once sliced a tree in half with a balloon

What's his most impressive durability feat? We could probably use that to find our answer.

>"IT WENT CLEAN THROUGH!"

Considering Pink made a functioning womb, I'd say gems salivating isn't farfetched

Spinel was capable of destroying this Injector and blowing it up. She couldn’t break through his shield or even damage him beyond a nosebleed. When it did blow up, he bubbled Spinel and himself from the resulting explosion and was perfectly fine.

Attached: B29B3800-1262-4587-AD0D-6CD05BF95F1E.jpg (1334x750, 92K)

Steven's life is comfy as fuck now that I think about it.

The movie makes it seem like he's completely done with any sort of heroic, chosen one bullshit. I'd imagine he just wants to settle down for the remainder of his possibly eternal life, admiring the sea while enjoying some donuts. Now that's a goal to achieve.

Attached: 1568480996054.jpg (560x560, 143K)

Pinhead's original characterization of just being the leader of a bunch of turbo-hedonists, or later characterization of him being yet another demonic overlord?

Lets go with OG.

Do you think he would have a chance against hanayama.

Attached: 3B52208B-6143-49BA-A4FC-1AB104222455.jpg (465x660, 53K)

Seeing him get punched in the face for once was so satisfying.

>"I'll always have more work to do"
He may be done, but the Universe isn't done with him.

Dark eldar? or more Slaaneshi?

The latter

Jasper did it first

I almost forgot what kind of media we are talking about.

>He took on the Injector exploding with his bubble. I wouldn’t rule it out.
That thing is not even a fart like the other user said. It is almost nothing compared to a warhead.

user, I...

Can he heal himself?

Yes, he did it during his fight with Spinel.

Wouldn't the spit in his mouth just cure him instantly?

In the video game the Phoenix Down is called Rose's Tears

Always figured it was like a Josuke thing

I don't think he can fix his own gem.

he's never taken a bullet to the chest

As most gem weapons we have seen seem to cause piercing damage we can assume gems are weaker to it than to blunt damage

a head shot would definitely kill him, a body shot would do severe damage, but assuming the bullet wasn't inside him he could probably eventually heal it and totally recover.

Makes enough sense

I mean fair point since we don't seem to see anything like that anywhere else in the series but I 'd say that should count anyway since that doesn't change the fact it literally happened anyway. I mean it's not like it was a Family Guy cutaway gag.

Right?

Could he take a knot?

Obviously

Who?

She cut down a tree with a balloon

He could probably rip it in half.

A T-1000 would fuck him up though.

He was basically having a stroke, and also experiencing organ failure. At least that's what it looked like.

Just bubble the T-1000 and put it in the lava room.

He got a fist sized rock in the eye and it barely scratched him.

Maybe if it's just cracked.

it would only anger him

Attached: 1569215097102.png (920x960, 1.72M)

Kek

Yeah and he probably can't survive a nuke either. I want to know the bare minimum I need to put him down for good.

unlikely

t. doesnt watch SU

Attached: dtdhdtghusdtyteutuj.png (853x481, 582K)

What can he do?

>cartoonishly absurd
I wonder why

Attached: 1510526426819.png (556x346, 123K)

Yo what if
>steven gets his gem ripped out again
>pink steven gets fucked up by the rejuvenator
What would happen?

Attached: 1567651065932.png (632x573, 712K)

Would have no effect on a diamond

>Steven's gem reverts back to Pink Diamond
>Pink Diamond reverts back to her original personality
>Era 4 begins with the Diamond Authority reverting back to Era 1 ways
>Pink gets another planet
>Sneaks down to the surface with her new Pearl and finds the native inhabitants suffering from the invasion
>Pink regains her memories and becomes Rose Quartz again
history doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes, also Steven dies.

Dark

i was just about to ask why didn't White do this, but that would just leave the question whether it'd be effective. when Pink saw something that jogged her memories (i.e. seeing organic life) would she not just revert back into Pink Steven?

Given that the second his gem turns back on he stops dying in the movie, pretty sure he's got some kind of healing factor with the gem. In addition to super durability, a gun would break skin but pretty much immediately heal. Would probably have to shatter the gem before you can kill him.

Saved

I wish he would

Could like a sonic blast do it?

it would be extremely painful...

He’s weaker to piercing shit

>steven sees youtube.com/watch?v=kKLga-8IMiY
>asks pearl for a jar
>starts gathering saliva, sweat and tears_ in said jar
>calls diamonds to extract his gem
>asks connie to cut gem in half
>put first one half on in the jar, it heals and gem steven fuses with flesh steven
>asks spinel to get the rejuvenator ready
>repeats the process with the other half
>spinel repeatedly rejuvenates the second gem
>resets to pink diamond
>bimbo amnesiac pink diamond sees greg
>regains her memories
>she's put on trial for all her crimes against humanity and gems
>route1: she's found innocent and is free to join her family and occasionally visit homeworld, everyone forgets everything
>route2: she's found guilty and is forced to get her ass kicked by spinel
>route3: she's put to death and steven gets a brother/sister that looks like diamond
>route3: she comes out clean but everyone asks why the fuck she did all the shit she did, she always dodges the questions awkwardly

something tells me this shit happened many times already and white/original pink pearl must be proof of this.

I like it tbqh

I'm not sure Steven could hurt him, but I think he could maybe stall Pinhead enough to banish him.

me too

Steven had to consciously heal his nose, it didn't heal automatically. His body was rejuvenated from its weakened state but that doesn't mean he has like comic healing factor, he was weak in the first place because the gem was failing.

Garnet can see possible futures up to hours in advance.

Attached: garnet yugioh.jpg (419x610, 167K)

Could Steven survive a shot from Stonehenge, let alone 8?

Attached: AC7_Stonehenge_Firing.jpg (1920x1080, 1.14M)