We're getting a new Batman game, and it's gonna be Court of Owls

We're getting a new Batman game, and it's gonna be Court of Owls.

>We went from Paul Dini to Scott Snyder

Attached: file.png (750x1090, 379K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/WBGamesMTL/status/1176182754712727554
youtu.be/zQVgLvYIG_Y?t=219
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Snyder sells and normies think Snyder is the greatest Batman writer. It is what it is.

>WB Games
pass

Origins was great. Shadow of War was alright too once it got some patches.

If it’s not Rocksteady, then it’s nothing

It wasn't great. But in hindsight it was better than Arkham Knight, although they created nothing new.

Now you're being ludacris. Origins was a lot more faithful to the comics in its side-story and presentation of characters than the rest of the games, but its main plot-line was abysmal, and gameplay felt like shovelware. There was something not right about that game.

Attached: file.png (1043x1600, 3.15M)

>WB Games Montreal
nope

>But in hindsight it was better than Arkham Knight

Absolutely fucking not. Do you even care about gameplay?

im hyped

Wrong guy

>F.E.A.R
>Arkham
>Mortal Kombat
Get fucked

Dini did a terrible job on Arkham City so good riddance

Me too. I can only hope they take the good ideas, like Court of Owls, and throw them into an interesting hotpot.

>forgot motherfucking Witcher
Seriously?

Ugh the fucking court of owls

That’s what Warner Brothers video game division has been working on for however long? What an underwhelming payoff

They only published it for NA. They had nothing to do with development.

Court of Owls is great you punk.

Attached: 91hx8MEmfKL[1].jpg (1686x2560, 774K)

Sounds great.

By all accounts we’ve gotten over the last few years, it seems like the next Batman game has gone through about 2 development cycles where everything was totally scrapped both times

A good idea, with terrible writing. Gonna greentext the general story, but the writing alongside it is awful and I want you to know that.
>Turns out there's a secret underground society that Batman somehow doesn't know about
>They killed Alfreds Dad
>Turns out Robins (Dick/Nightwing) Dad was one, and they killed his parents to make him a Talon.
>The person that's been the leader of it all was Batmans brother, who he also never realised he had.
>And they do all this to get Batmanium, so they can summon Barbatos, a Bat creature made by the Forger of all Multiverse.

Attached: file.png (1600x1093, 3.55M)

>muh secret society
It’s over done as fuck, and Snyder had no idea where to take that story after introducing the concept of the talons.

Every single thing is overdone as fuck nowhadays, do you really think Thanos was original at Infinity War by ripping off Ozymandias plan?

Whatever happened to that good guy Talon? I think Calvin or Kevin was his name.

>do you really think Thanos was original at Infinity War by ripping off Ozymandias plan?

Attached: 1559119119970.jpg (753x830, 267K)

Eh I'm game since they can be all give a lot of variety of goons and bosses to deal with.

Comic Thanos
>Wants Death to love him
Movie Thanos
>Wants the people of the universe to prosper by having more resources
Ozy
>Wants humanity to unite against a fake common threat

I'm not seeing the similarities really

>Supergenius (heavily implied to be fucked up in the head) who consider himself a hero murder some key people that could stop his plan before murdering a lot of people to save civilization and turn it into an utopia while trying to convince the heroes that his plan is the only way to save everyone

Basically the same thing, sure you can change minor details but by this logic the Cort of Owls is their own secret organization with their own unique details as well.

Thanos thought that the culling would lead to a change of attitude of the survivors and overall progress. That's why he didn't just wish for more resources.

>Basically the same thing
Nigger, it's nowhere close to being the same thing.

Attached: 1560385804328.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

>super genius
>see himself as altruistic
>try to reason with their heroes
>mentally ill
>speak in a calm and rational tone
>cause a mass murder to avoid a doomsday scenario
>admit feeling guilt but claim the end justify the means

And depending on the writer, they're probably going to throw most of this out. Also probably figure out how to shove Joker in it too.

Thanos didn't feel guilt. He literally said he was going to remake the universe in his image lol

Nigga he spend the whole movie bitching about sacrifice and how he's cursed with knowledge, his whole personality is around the concept of him considering doing the plan a burden.

Again, no.
Thanos was a crazy fucking idiot who thought "Imma just kill half of everything in the universe to bring ""balance"" and then just chill in some farm because my work will be done".
Veidt killed millions of people in one city to make people all over the world think that there was going to be an alien invasion, making humanity put its petty shit aside and finally unite to face a common enemy, and his company was going to help humanity reach that goal.

it was calvin

Again
>both are supergenius
>both are clearly mentally ill and can't think straight
>both spend a lot of time developing their plan and killing some key targets
>both consider themselves the rational party and try to reason with the heroes
>both caused a massive mass murder to avoid a doomsday scenario
>both see themselves as completelly altruistic heroes
>both think their plan will convince people to avoid the doomsday scenario

Changing some minor details don't change the fact it is basically the same plan.

It's not the same fucking plan you retard.

It is you dense motherfucker

>tfw instead of being a batman game where you actually explore gotham and not just a prison slum city and solve the mystery of the court of owls it's a looting shooting game where you play as talons

Everyone knew the next Batman game was Court of Owls for years

>both are supergenius
Wrong
>both are clearly mentally ill and can't think straight
True
>both spend a lot of time developing their plan and killing some key targets
Too generic of antagonists to really count as a similarity
>both consider themselves the rational party and try to reason with the heroes
Common of pretty much any well written villain
>both caused a massive mass murder to avoid a doomsday scenario
Thanos' plan wasn't to avoid doomsday, it was just his way of improving the universe. In fact he pretty much caused the doomsday event to try and improve the universe.
>both see themselves as completelly altruistic heroes
Addressed with your third point
>both think their plan will convince people to avoid the doomsday scenario
See the response to the fifth point

I can see it user. Don't argue with autismos REEing. They are most likely Mousefags who thought Thanos was the bestest most complexest villain ever.

alright Yea Forums, how will they shoehorn Joker in this time?

it will probably happen in-between origins and knight

You mean Origins and Asylum. Otherwise, you got the whole Arkham City bullshit, the Titan virus and Death of the Joker to deal with

>normies
Normies don't fucking read comics, retard. Hell if anything normies might confuse Scott Snyder with Zack Snyder.

Honestly, unless Rocksteady or WB Montreal creates a game called "BATMAN: BEYOND ARKHAM" and I get to fly around beating up folks in Neo Gotham, I can give a flying fuck about about another Arkham game.

I;m so done with this series. Can't they think of anything else?

Arkham Beyond with Terry hopefully

I want a soft-reboot with DickBats as the new Batman post-Knight. They could stille asily do the Court of Owls plotline with DickBats. Hell, since he was intended to be a Talon, it might even work better ina tight narrative.

I would totally wouldn't mind playing a game where Nightwing had to deal with the Court, get his ass handed to him by Talons and then comes back more focused as he embraces the cowl of The Batman and tries to make it his own.

But then how are you going to force more Bruce and The Joker crack pairing fodder?

Thats like saying WB Games developed MK9/X/11

>who consider himself a hero
Comic Book Infinity Wars Thanos is not that at all

Why is Court of owls so popular anyways?

Yeah I wished somebody would just go with the black glove considering how it’s the same thing but make more sense and doesn’t involve a ridiculous zombie soldier army just scary rich assholes hell they even could just use leviathan or something for Talia

Stop that's awl I want.

It's the first major Batman story of their relaunch.

It really isn't. My eyes glaze over with abject boredom every time they're on panel.

>Wrong
Thanos developed several weapons himself plus the gauntlet basic project
>Thanos' plan wasn't to avoid doomsday
It was, he predicted the universe was doomed to repeat what happened to his planet unless he caused the snap

and alone the other points would be "just a similarity" but together it form most of the character

batman and superman are the same character here is my evidence

>both have capes
>both fight crime
>both have secret identities
>both are heroes
>both have the last name "man"

checkmate Yea Forumscucks

>muh alien invasion
>muh zombie apocalipse
>muh robot army
>muh warlord
>muh evil wizard
>muh ghost
>muh serial killer
>muh corrupt businessman
>muh crimelord
>muh desperate fuck wanting to save yourself or a relative
>muh superhero evil version
>muh fake villain while the real villain was some boring regular person with a silly reason

No villain is original at CURRENT YEAR.

>leviathan or something for Talia
A true Leviathan adaptation would probably piss people off because Leviathan kicked Batman's ass. (Batman Inc itself did fine though)

Fuck, Ra's was such an achievement.

Attached: 1569181224284.png (653x559, 696K)

>twitter threads
>literal teenagers showing up to talk there like the author is reading and gonna answer
You don't make that shit up

what are you even saying, brainlet-kun. we're doing the same here.

Attached: 1569084269132.jpg (599x531, 40K)

Damian is in the game.

the guy kenzo who leaked the suicide squad game and batman arkham knight sequel featuring damian wayne said that we re getting the reveal this tuesday.I mean it wouldn't make a lot of sense if they tease us now and don't show nothing till game awards

Finally it allows for the introduction of Damian Wayne. WB Montreal wanted to make a game about him so it shows that they are very serious about using the character. It also gives them a huge selling point and gimmick to market. Besides if it is really about an assasins war then Damian fits like a glove. It would be travesty if he was not part of such a game.

Still I trust WB Montreal to write a great story regardless of its choice of character and time period.

Court of Owls and the League of Assassins! I'm so excited for this next Batman Arkham game. Hopefully, Joker isn't in this one. I'm kind of getting sick and tired of the Joker in

What, you think Veidt wasn't a crazy fucking idiot? He's the same sort of idiot as the rest of the supers, thinking that nuanced societal and geopolitical frictions borne from decades, and really centuries of history, can be mediated with comic book antics writ large. The only thing separating him from Dan or Rorschach is the means available to him and the scale at which he operates.

It's hard for me to take the Black Glove seriously because of how retarded Dr.Hurt was.

Thanos was obviously smart, but he wasn't even as smart as most of the Avengers, plus the disparity wasn't as big. Ozy was truly a supergenius.

I would just giggle if the third symbol mentioned is the revamped Order of St. Dumas as the twist so in canon Batman already beat the shit out of the Azrael he finds in Arkham City.

That's just not going to happen. Joker is a main character in the Batman franchise.

>What, you think Veidt wasn't a crazy fucking idiot?
They're both crazy cunts, but Veidt at least had some sort of a plan after the squid.

Not only is it stupid, but its also a direct rip off of what Morrison did right before him.

Assassin war?

This was posted

Attached: IMG_20190923_134628.jpg (886x1200, 69K)

Reboot the franchise!

My crackpot theory is that wil be aabout a war between League of Assassins, Court of Owls and Order of Saint Dumas and there will be the Nemesis system of the Mordor Monolith games.

Attached: FA3C4B00-3C16-4441-9D16-5F338A82A54F.png (800x1040, 386K)

You can't seriously think this unless it's your first (and likely only) Batman story.

>movie
Kys

Shadow of Mordor started as a batman game, I wouldn’t be surprised if Monolith is helping WB Montreal in some way.

>>F.E.A.R
That was Monolith Productions
>>Arkham
Only one game, the rest was Rocksteady
>>Mortal Kombat
That was NetherRealm

>Witcher
That was CD Projekt Red

>Read more FREE comics on ReadComicOnline
Take your fucking advertisement out of here and go back to whichever subreddit you came from. I didn't even read the rest of your post, but fuck you.

Reminder that WB Montreal's Arkham Origins >>> Rocksteady's Arkham Knight

Why is the difference between publisher and developer so hard to grasp for so many people?

Will it make me FEEL like Batman though?

Who gives a shit? The Batman games haven’t been good since Asylum.

I guess they also think the nebulous entity of Nintendo develops all of their IPs, or that Sony develops God of War, or Microsoft develops Halo

Court of Owls is cool an all, I really dug it, but like.. Can we get Green Arrow or a Superman game?

>Parent company has no say in the product they are allowing someone to make.
Hmmmm.

>publisher develops the whole game themselves and the developer is credited for no reason
Idiot.

Go eat a dildo you sperg

Well, lets see.. the God of War IP is owned by Sony. The studio behind God of War, Sony's Santa Monica Studio, is also, you guessed it, owned by Sony. Halo, the IP, is owned by Microsoft. 343 Industries, is, you also guessed it, owned by Microsoft. So, yes, these companies are developing their IPs.

>literal semantics
Developers and IPs get sold and passed around all the time. Does Nintendo develop Pokémon and Fire Emblem?

Oof.
I am only familiar with them from that one animated movie and had no idea they were that high level retarded.

>Normies think Snyder is the best Batman writer
>Normies dont read comics

Yeah exactly.

holy shit this would be fucking amazing
please tell me you're right

twitter.com/WBGamesMTL/status/1176182754712727554

This video certainly makes it seem like the images are of one organization, changing over time.

is Damian Wayne in the game ?

Attached: l1ef8deapdo31.jpg (1024x1024, 101K)

I don't think Sony Santa Monica is going to be sold by Sony in the same way I don't think 343 Industries is going to be sold by Microsoft. Regardless, since I don't really know much about Nintendo, I decided to take a look... As for Pokemon, literally can't exist without Nintendo, as for Fire Emblem, you are right; they're just a studio that happens to love making Nintendo games and works on some of Nintendo's IPs.

Attached: Pretty Good.jpg (1920x782, 77K)

I like Dunkey, but this has always been an stupid comment, especially when he applied it to Spider-man as well.

Game Freak makes Pokémon, and the IP is owned by The Pokémon Company. It could very well leave Nintendo, it just won't because there's no point.

But Batman cant fly

Based

Yup. He is Batman.

>Dunkey
What? People had been making fun of that cliche years before that video.

No, WB wants easy money.

I hope it's not a in-betweenquel and instead a standalone thing that's separate from the Arkhamverse.

No one said they didn't have a say, but they aren't behind every development decision either. If they were then...well they wouldn't be giving the IPs to 3rd party studios in the first place. They'd just make them all in house. But if your insinuation is that the gigantic multi-million dollar corporations that owned those IPs are responsible for even a fraction of any of the good decision making that goes into developing a good game then you are just plain incorrect. The best decision a publisher can make is picking the right studio for a project, but since execs don't know shit about anything except money this is usually more luck of the draw than anything else.

Attached: 1396418583201.jpg (470x425, 28K)

When was this. I'm checking his account but not seeing it.

He deleted it.

Well he won in then end and Talka got shot Batman inc won and that was the whole point

Pokémon, also known as Pocket Monsters in Japan, is a media franchise managed by The Pokémon Company, a Japanese consortium between Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures. The franchise copyright is shared by all three companies, but Nintendo is the sole owner of the trademark.
Claims sound doubtful.

It's clearly evident by people in the industry, both current and former, that publishers and IP owners have more say than said developers, in regards to a myriad of things, since after all, it is there money funding projects. What you're describing is a scenario that doesn't exist because it actually makes sense.

I hope this means Ra's Al Ghul and Damian Wayne. Not sure how you can follow up that Arkham Knight ending.

>Not sure how you can follow up that Arkham Knight ending.
Remember that Origins took place before the Rocksteady trilogy. They might just set it before them so they get to play with all they characters that Rocksteady took off the table.
I'd love Damian taking up the mantle though.
Or? OR?!
Dick taking up the mantle and taking on Damian as his Robin.

Attached: 5048867-4930670527-latest.jpg (900x1387, 347K)

Pokémon isn't fully owned by Nintendo is the point, you can't even find the Nintendo logo in merchandise beyond the games these days.

it’s totally that Damian Wayne Batman game .

did ra's al ghul not appear in any arkham games?

that sound like just about the perfect game to me.
, I want a somekind of war of ideologies throughout the Gotham between the Court and the League of Assassins with Baman in the middle of this.

Suck a dick. The only marvel games that even made money was from SpiderMan only.

He and Talia were in Arkham City.

All the secret organizations of Gotham (and the larger world if you include the League of Assassin's) at war with each other and Batman Damian caught in the middle? Yes PLEASE

Also, Ra's was in Season of Infamy DLC from Arkham Knight. You could heal him or rather let him die peacefully in the police station.

Batman Damian ans Sperman Jon....omgg

He's been in every game. Not sure about Origins.

No argument

I dropped Knight after becoming frustrated with the batmobile: how did it end?

Attached: B1182385-E499-4216-9B25-90B7F45B6D73.jpg (438x1024, 105K)

Batman killed "Batman" off and started over as a vigilante that could actually scare people again

It’s not going to be a stupid League of Assassins power struggle where Damian keeps getting tempted to assume control, is it? Because I want Terry

Scarecrow reveals Batman's identity to the world and Bruce and Alfred are forced to fake their own deaths.

The nemesis system is an overrated idea that gets old a few hours after playing. I don’t want to hear every goddamn thug brag about earning a name by shitting in a hole

I can't wait for another game where it turns out the Joker is the main villain again somehow.

Who mentioned Marvel?

It would actually word pretty nice if they try to gain Damian as an Owl himself, leading both the League and the Court, and Dick as a Talon, when Dick discovers Damian and decides to take him under his wing, while fighting them and dealing with Bruce operating as some kind of ghost, Tim as Robin and Jason as the actual more present vigilante at work in Gotham. And they all three take turns in taking on the cowl.

Damian is Batman.

Paul Dini left after city. Apparently he did have a sequel in mind with Scarecrow AND Hush working together which is probably why Hush had a big build up side mission in City...that lead to almost fucking nothing in Arkham Knight. Would of loved to see whatever Dini had in mind for his arkham 3.

>started over as a vigilante that could actually scare people again
Is that in the closing video? I don't remember that.

>it was better than Arkham Knight

Attached: A74FC670-4248-4DFC-AFF3-886B96CFECB8.jpg (456x311, 42K)

youtu.be/zQVgLvYIG_Y?t=219

Awesome. Thanks user.

i just want the long halloween game, especially more focused on detective work

Attached: BATMAN™_ ARKHAM KNIGHT_20190919222537_1.webm (940x450, 2.11M)

Attached: WLSj9r2.jpg (600x338, 134K)

>implying the battank is good

I think that first one is literally a talon user. It also looks like half of one of those Court of Owls masks

You'd think with the popularity of the CW shows they'd be pushing Green Arrow and Flash more

I wish the detective work wasn't so...automated.

Rocksteady is making a Suicide Squad game.

That image is from Birth of the Demon yeah? That would certainly be am interesting concept to adapt. Better than court of the owls. Although that would give them an excuse to shove the batwing down our throats

Why does Dini like Hush so much

uhhh Bruce died in Arkham Knight
you can't do Court of Owls without Bruce

You can, you do it with Dick lIke Snyder originally intended.
Also it's probably an interquel

I doubt, as in, I'm fucking betting on my right arm here, that if they do use Damian, it will pre-teen Damian. You can forget playable as Damian as Batman: the most well known version of Damian is bratty, arrogant kind of short 10yo or so Damian. And that's why that's the Damian you can find in most media outside comics. Unless they're willed to age up characters and make Bruce and co age /like what happened with Injustice), he's stuck in his pre-teen phase.

Reboot please, the Arkham storyline is dumb as hell.