Why has Adult Swim failed everywhere outside the US?

Why has Adult Swim failed everywhere outside the US?

Attached: F81EEB86-21D0-4334-942E-D240C9C0649C.jpg (1200x630, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=35gUiWU_nns
youtu.be/-igWgmxGYhA
youtube.com/watch?v=IJ3fu8njmTw
youtu.be/i558wE1Gg9I
youtube.com/watch?v=ffe59BwE58c
vimeo.com/10473644
anmtvla.com/2019/09/cartoon-network-go-mr-pickles-aperece.html
youtube.com/watch?v=torPFh5iZJE
youtube.com/watch?v=xcbkOtptlgY
youtu.be/sReqqXzF65A
newgrounds.com/portal/view/366814
youtube.com/watch?v=Qp67uaZ7ylA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because burgers have a shit sense of humor

Different consumer habbits and the staff at adult USA puts a lot love in everything.

What about Latin America?
youtube.com/watch?v=35gUiWU_nns

In Brazil is because parents complained

Humour was too out there when compared to Simpsons

They took it out of CN years ago and dumped it on some literal who channel

haven't people been clamoring for an [as] channel?

Attached: hd copazorak.png (1413x960, 1.29M)

The same happened in the rest of Latin America, yet children get to see worse shit in telenovelas and series about drug dealers called Narcoseries

Pretty much this. Parents complained so much that the programming was relegated to only airing after midnight, when that didn't stop the complaining they just shut it down. I assume that was its fate on most places around the world as well.

over here theres no dubs and adult animation isn't as much of a novelty as much as it is in the states. there's no real point in staying up so late for something like this, though i did like metalocalypse and moral orel

Foreigners aren't capable of comprehending our humor
It's why coveted British humor is seen as lame and pointless in the states, and how Japanese humor is just lost in translation through literal translation and crazily different cultures

Wait that would mean there are parents in other countries way more overprotective of their kids than US parents? That doesnt sound right.

Would a japanese normalfag like it?

Attached: images (3).jpg (665x375, 62K)

Stupid burguer, shitty parenting exists everywhere, specially in LATAM

I’m quite surprised CN Japan never had an AS block. They did air Home Movies though.

CN LA even censors their own cartoons for children!

A lot of these shows get their humor from the delivery and wordplay, which is difficult to translate.

>Stupid burguer, shitty parenting exists everywhere, specially in LATAM
You're not wrong but Americans are constantly beat over the head about how people in the USA are more "uptight" than anywhere else.

This. I remember liking robot chicken the most out of AS's lineup as a kid, but while I did get a laugh from the jokes, it was mostly the way they animated the show I liked. It was mostly the same with MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch: a cool style on content I didn't really get or cared about

>Celebrity Deathmatch
This. Most of the time I didn’t know or care about the celebrities; I just wanted to see animated violence.

this a thousand times, i love aqua teen but the show would be hot garbage without the voice actors

Do countries actually translate adult shows to their language? I live in the Netherlands and pretty much all of the foreign adult shows we have just get subs and nothing else, as it should be.

Fun fact
China of all places has Venture Bros fansubs

They couldn't get all the kids out of the pool.

Humor is very "American" and foreigners can't understand it.

It straight up doesn't exist in Romania last time I went, it was replaced with a Turner Classic Movies block apparently.
That's the same trip I found out Spongebob airs on Comedy Central there apparently.

Attached: bee.jpg (838x450, 157K)

British humor comes in two basic varieties: extremely dry sarcasm which Americans love, and zany absurdist toilet humor which Americans hate.

consecutive dubs confirm

black dynamite uses 70s and 80s african american/pop culture. robot chicken is just pop culture references for about 15 minutes straight. part of the charm of Spaceghost,harvey birdman, sealab is that their old hanna-barera properties with more absurd/adult humor. ATHF is stoner comedy. Veture Bros and Metalocapyse i can find a reason they wouldn't have popularity outside the US.

Attached: i guess.png (728x797, 238K)

>zany absurdist toilet humor
that's literally what american humor is

I know that Channel 4/E4 in britbong land has started doing an Adult Swim block. Pretty much boradcasting stuff like Venture Brothers, Eric Andre and Rick and Morty.

I know that AdultSwim was on CN UK and Bravo but kept being shut down.

Attached: 9fd.gif (360x219, 1.7M)

Most Adult Swim shows are based heavily on American culture to the point where if you didn't grow up here a lot of the jokes just don't make sense.
To make a very weeby comparison watching Robot Chicken, Space Ghost or Harvey Birdman without growing up with the properties would be like watching Akibaranger without knowing what sentai or Power Rangers is.

Here in most european countries, the Turner's channels are pay-tv.

>Be a channel that's restrictive on swearing
>Other countries don't give a fuck about swearing in broadcasts
>Hearing constant *bleeps* would make them turn it off out of boredom

Venture Bros probably because of its release schedule

FPBP fuck you guys, just repeating 'penis' on a public phone isn't comedy, it's retarded and who wrote that deserves to get shot for thinking that's comedy.

The only thing worse than burger humour is german humour

I don't think most people watched the old HB cartoons besides the most popular ones like Scooby, Flintstones, or maybe Yogi Bear.
Sure, they probably aware of a few extras like Johnny Quest, but I don't think there's that much of an audience overlap.

I think live action adult shows don't get dubbed that often but adult cartoons usually do.

I know at least Venture Bros has uncensored releases. Do they just air the same broadcast version in all nations?

>none of those shows were good

Gee, I wonder why.

or like watching gintama without having some tertiary understanding of japan and anime in general.

nice b8 m8

penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis

It's funny because it seems like on Yea Forums foreigners (especially britfags) always complain that American humor is too meanspirited and always relies on someone getting or feeling hurt in some way. This comes across as MrEnter/"This Troper"-esque autism to me.

>It’s another Euros hate America and think Communism will work filled with artisanal bakeries thread

I honesty can't see any country beyond America sort of enjoying it without it going over their head or just out right dismissing it. Most of the shows look unappealing so stuff like ATHF wouldn't fly at all. You can still have adult humor, but still has to be somewhat attractive to the eye.

Attached: 1500435782235.jpg (237x170, 22K)

In my country, they modified the script of aqua team episodes to better transmit the humor

Didn't Canada get a 24-hour [as] channel recently?

To be honest, cartoons made on Brazil get away with more than USA ones

It's just that parents couldn't UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT of cartoons that a aren't for kids. Which is a shame because the AS dub was God tier

Attached: 5ed.gif (350x197, 1.84M)

>oh no, someone doesnt worship this hot garbage, it must be bait!

which of those fucking shows were even remotely funny, tell me

all of them you underage faggot

ATHF

Christian mommies were against AS, now it's being transmitted on another channel property of warnermedia

>Which is a shame because the AS dub was God tier
This

People on this thread going
>BUT THEY WOULDN'T UNDERSTAAAAAND

AS on Brazil localized the jokes and it was fucking hilarious

Ratings were good until the cancellation of the block due to complains.

Attached: 1568786290586.jpg (1440x1080, 271K)

And yet we have a 24-hour AS channel

(still don't have Sealab, save that one time Teletoon aired it for two months back in '08)

Attached: Screen-Shot-2016-05-18-at-1.21.07-PM.png (898x630, 238K)

it had some following in Brazil until some politician decided it was improper for children just because it aired on cartoon network on some shit.

Canada is sort of an exception, since their taste in humor is basically the same as the US.

Canada is just cold America with better health care.

Which ep?

I'd fuck that meatwad.

>better health care
I don't see how dying in a waiting room is better.

Could you even argue anything why they arent dogshit or you are going to screech in anger how someone could not possibly like your unfunny crap.

I liked the ATHF latam dub.

It lasted only a year I think, right TBS has aAS block. Imanaged to stillbwatch Birdman, Oodblongs, mission hill and ATHF

To be honest I hated ATHF back then, recently I watched in English and still hated it what do people see in it and how the fuck did it last so long?

Found Kevin French

The reason I think is because, outside of the US, "adult" oriented shows aren't that rare. The only place you can find "adult" animated shows on television IS adult swim in the US. Adult swim only provides the US with something they don't have or can't get normally whole the rest of the world is looking at them going, "whatever".

>implying you get adequate wait times in US hospitals

That will also be $20000 + tip

Might I inquire LAnon, how many CopaToons do you remember Space Ghost doing promos for?
All I have are these
youtu.be/-igWgmxGYhA
youtube.com/watch?v=IJ3fu8njmTw
youtu.be/i558wE1Gg9I
youtube.com/watch?v=ffe59BwE58c
vimeo.com/10473644

lolwut

The rest of the world barely produces cartoons of any kind. There's no way they get more adult oriented cartoons than America.

Spain is notorious for dubbing EVERYTHING in Spanish, even obscure indie movies with no-name actors.

There was a controversy a few days ago b/c apparently a CN kids app in Latin America included Mr. Pickles.
anmtvla.com/2019/09/cartoon-network-go-mr-pickles-aperece.html

Attached: 615C9EA6-0AE6-4417-8600-6B9C9E480DB2.jpg (600x300, 62K)

When South Park aired in Latin America they ditched the bleeps and had them swear uncensored (in Spanish).

Childrens watch THE SIMPSONS. The Simpsons Movie was rated G.

wat

Not an expert but i'm guessing most of that improvised vibe that makes it so unique got lost in translation

This was the case with Angry Beavers for me, I never appreciated it because the dub just sounded clunky as fuck thanks to the improvised-sounding dialogue but liked it a lot when I revisited it in English a few years ago

To be honest brazillian humor is just making fun of poor people and people saying wacky expressions.
>and there is nothing wrong with that.
Yu Yu Hakusho and One Punch Man are better in the BR dub

As they should. It's a great show.

They made them separate channels, I once had a chat with a Latin American guy in the comments of a villainous clip about how CN and Adult Swim where the same company and can have crossovers, it's serial to me.

In the case of México they aired some shitty shows like "baby blues" and "bob and margaret"...2 episodes of each.

There were weeks without a single episode of sealab 2021, Aqua teen hunger force or Venture bros.

We never got Deathlok or Xavier, renegade angel.

i think the only good show they aired on a regular basis were Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter (and the fuckers started the series on island arc for some reason), Robot chicken and Harvey Birdman.

Also cable was super expensive at the time and we spend more money on going to the movies, museums, parks, shit like that. Only people living outside of México City or Monterrey City spend money on cable, cuz it was the only entertaiment they could get.

>brazilian humor is just making fun or poor people and people saying wacky expressions
Don't forget that every gay guy is an over the top flamboyant stereotype.

The Brazilian dub is great.

Yeah. [as] in LATAM was a wasted opportunity.

Spain did get Deathlok, but on TNT instead of CN.
youtube.com/watch?v=torPFh5iZJE

If we talk about Mexico, The "Adult" Content in general (not just cartoons) is totally trash.

> Only make a cartoon say Pendejo,Mierda,Puto and is gonna be an Adult cartoons
>90% of the jokes are dick jokes or sex related
>The animation they use in those shows are just sad
>Allways depend on use celebrity parodies or celebrety stars

Attached: New canvas.png (1429x1956, 3.65M)

>pogonyuto
holy fuck this was a show?
it looks worse than gemusetto machu picchu
the spiritual sucessor to 12 oz mouse
youtube.com/watch?v=xcbkOtptlgY

Attached: firefox_2019-09-22_20-40-35.png (1024x576, 542K)

you know what's worse
youtu.be/sReqqXzF65A
was this even a show

Attached: firefox_2019-09-22_20-45-47.png (688x568, 276K)

>Vete a la versh

How dare you compare 12 oz. Mouse to this trash.

It kinda reminds me of old newgrounds shit, I like it

we also don't get toonami

But vete a la versh is actually good tho.

I'm pretty hammered right now I don't remember

I do remember watching a fuckton of space ghost as a wee lad

I actually used to chat with that dude on MSN messenger back when he would accept anyone

Honestly the best mexican indie flash was this kid
newgrounds.com/portal/view/366814

For 2007 of course

>Why has Adult Swim failed everywhere outside the US?
the sort of humor Adult Swim shows rely on doesn't translate outside of English very well

Remember when they sang Zorak's song in the brazillian Yu Yu Hakusho dub

Because American humor is on a level that the rest of the world can't ever hope to reach.

>Allways depend on use celebrity parodies or celebrety stars
Isn't that the case with like, 50⅝% of all tv anyway?

Because other countries don't have hang ups about animation that the US does and so don't need a subversive counterculture animation base channel

Well, shit.
I never thought I would see Killer Pollo on Yea Forums.
By the way, I think pic related was good, before he sold out to the zoomer crowd.
Right mix of "putapedejovergachingado", topical humor, and randumb shit.

Attached: ZapatosMugrosos.jpg (1280x720, 185K)

I used to watch this. Kind of like Killerpollo with a Looney Tunes flavor. Poor animation but funny.

Attached: DDA5B603-A84B-4127-841C-2F7689F8606B.jpg (1542x1080, 167K)

anime seems to be better dubbed in general for some reason

CGI on other hand...

From the thumbnail I thought Brock was Jonny Bravo for a second and got a little excited that the show was remade for AS.

Old CN shows being remade for adult swim is something I really wish became a trend, honestly

Lemme tell you something even more infuriating. In MExico a goddamend Brazilian Christian pastor convinced the MExican society to wage war agains the forces oe Satan who were corrupting children- these forces wee backed by Yu-Gi-Oh! card decks, Pokémon and videogames. The latter two he called them "pokeymon" and "nintendos" respectively. This man is called Josué Yrión and despite barely speaking Spanish, he managed to remove Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and literally every single anime show from TV and almost convinced people to ban s
the sell of videogames and trading cards.

Thanks to him, anime dissapeared from TV and it also paved the road for adult animation to be not be shown on cable. youtube.com/watch?v=Qp67uaZ7ylA

It was a YouTube animatrion from 2005-2008

penis

I don’t know why Catholic-majority countries like Mexico and Brazil pay attention to evangelical and pentecostal heretics.

Protesto!
That thing is still running mijo!

When you're a kid it seems like the high brow, adult execution of juvenile humor. Then you grow up and it just seems pretentious and low brow as fuck. AS is like the current climate emergency or yesteryear's Mayan apocalypse in the sense that only people with a limited worldview appreciate it. At its best AS appeals to basics, normalfags and fedora tippers who're bored with life and want a little safe edginess. But anyone with a life and hobbies can't be bothered with a block of humor that can be summed up as 6 hours per night of ironic faggotry.

tldr shit's literally for toddlers and it took a total nosedive after they stopped airing anime during the week

The majority of us do, no arguing here. Whenever somebody decides to turn on Family Guy or some other Seth Macfarlane show, my coworkers are constantly laughing at jokes that I don't think anyone beyond the age of 12 should find funny. I never even had a moment where I smirked while watching it.

Would you?

Attached: 1568823221116.png (800x800, 228K)

Mistress Shake would fucking kill you or rob you, maybe both.

She would try, but she would fail spectacularly. You'd still die, to unrelated reasons, tho. It's still Aqua Teen

20 oz. mouse is a cult cartoon in Russia. It's probably better known than in the US.

I was so sad when Animelab pulled their Adult Swim shows. I love the humour, it just doesn't do too well in a mainstream sense.

For some reason in Spanish they translated 12 oz Mouse as “Ratón Esponja” (Sponge Mouse)

In Russia it's Half-liter Mouse (metric system ftw).

Metal music is waaaaaaaaaay more popular outside the US (save third world shit holes) so nah it might be popular.

Schnapps das wert sein letztes Wort.

Maybe because up until Rick and Morty they had nothing with a wide appeal?

>(save third world shit holes)

There are many Latin Anerican metal bands, with Sepultura being the most well known.

Sauce?

The internet.

What kind of humor?

Stoner Humor.

>I know that AdultSwim was on CN UK
Nope, UK TV Law forbids any adult content on a kids channel even after the watershed.
That's why [AS] UK has been flipflopping between channels for a long time.

>Show has bootleg versions of super heroes.
Makes sense

>Pogonyuto
The fuck?

How come?

Attached: 1498016023515.png (903x713, 326K)

>Why does a cartoon about a Mouse have a cult following in Russia
Gee, I wonder why too.

Attached: Gadget-Hackwrench.jpg (550x413, 33K)

Are you sure? Because I can assure you places like Egypt treat cartoons worse.

I'm guessing they gave him that name since he drinks so much, you know, like a sponge.
I'm really sad as didn't get as popular in Latin America since i loved it, also it could have bring a new anime boom but the retards at warner decides to air anime not with japanese audio,not with spanish audio but with american dubs wich we really dislike.

>the retards at warner decides to air anime not with japanese audio,not with spanish audio but with american dubs
Why in the fuck would they ever do that?

Better than dying

Adult humor is dialogue driven

Shitty, pretentious hypocritical channel that’s against dubbing but only if it’s in Spanish.

Attached: D98AD7AF-78C7-48D8-A784-188C5B62A34D.jpg (1008x566, 30K)

I thought you were describing American adult cartoons.

You die in both systems, except the US charges you five figures against your next of kin.

I thought Latin American countries were second world shit holes.......... Sepultura was best when they were ripping off Sodom and Destruction....... Sacrofago is pretty lit though........... Japanes metal is the best though Sabbat funy.

ATHF is Yea Forums incarnate.

We got our own piece of shit cartoons here though. I'm guessing that humor is not easy to translate and people prefer watching stuff that's relatable.