Cliches you hate

>Artist has an unconventional style
>Automatically gets called Anime/Manga inspired

Attached: 8F44EE29-AFF6-4BF8-B251-13F0B1DFBF29.jpg (800x1075, 131K)

That's because it invariably looks like anime. Why is it never inspired by, say, cubism?

because cubism is for boomers and contrarian hipsters

Enjoy getting called out on your anime

This is a board for comics, take your anime shit back

Good fucking luck selling a cubist comic book.

Which manga did David Mack use for inspiration?

Attached: Daredevil v2 051-08.jpg (1200x1847, 374K)

It isn't unconventional as it is just bad. The art and shit story is why this character is seen as the bargain bin of all ghost riders.

What the fuck are you talking about. That's Alejandra and if you dislike Moores artstyle you should stick to watching cape TV shows

It's just an example. You could go for any unconventional comic book style. Why not some impressionism? Russian or Indian religious paintings? Graffiti? Oh right, because you want to draw anime.

How does art style equate into watching television?

Alejandra was more enjoyable then this "ghost driver" that wasn't a spirit of vengeance and had to be retconned into a spirit of vengeance.

I can give a roomful of kids that are half retarded a pencil and they can normally draw better than Moore.

That example is anime.

>invariably
Kenneth Rockafort is very distinctive and not anime at all.

Never have I met an user this board with worse opinions than you.
Like damn son you are the bottom barrell of the small GR fandom that exists on Yea Forums

>can give a roomful of kids that are half retarded a pencil and they can normally draw better than Moore
Go on. Give me a roomful of your fellow friends and post what they draw

Attached: OCT160893.jpg (2063x3131, 837K)

Oyasumi Punpun.

What? The art is what sold the first part of the book you retard

>Moore
>bad
Get your shit taste out of here.

Start by defining what makes something animesque.

I've been a GR fan for ages, going all the way back to the introduction of Ketch which made me read the OG Johnny Blaze. Robbie Reyes' character is total trash and if they were so popular, why are they bringing back Ketch for the series in October instead of the bargain bin selection?

Thanks for posting an example of really bad art. Does venom have fucking balloons under his suit? That musculature depiction is trash.

If the "art" is what sold the book, then why was it cancelled? It wasn't a mini series. It got cancelled because no one like it except people with shit taste.

If you think Moore's art is good, then the shit taste is yours. It looks like he is perpetually tripping on acid and drawing with parkinson's.

Anime was inspired by Disney and Fleischer cartoons.

I mean, he drew Watchmen, he can't be that bad.

>If the "art" is what sold the book, then why was it cancelled?

The fact that it was ghost rider, and nobody gives a shit about him except for his hardcore fans who were salty because it was too different

>110219659
>Thanks for posting an example of really bad art
kek

Wrong Moore.

whoosh

>whoosh
Fuck off

>whoosh
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: tenor.gif (400x308, 532K)

capefags are extremely narrowminded and don't know or even care about art at all, they just want to look at the same safe bland shit their entire lives

that's Hollow Ichigo lol.

I know right? Like Doom gets omnipotent every year and they call it the apex of writing.

Well one of his co-creators officially made Manga so there's that.

So what you're saying is they're exactly the same as weeaboos?

people acting like morons on internet is not the definition of a cliche, OP

This has literally only happened twice, and once it wasn't even omnipotence it was just memed to be.

Reminds me of something by Sienkiewicz or Violent Cases.
sucks

because cubism is ugly

So is anime though

>but anime
Why is that the go to defense?

Because it's in the OP so it's pertinent to the discussion

But none of you have actually said anything, it's just "anime is bad" or "that's clearly inspired by anime" without anything to back it up.

I don't think I can explain "that's clearly inspired by anime" beyond "the visual similarity is striking". Sorry.
>anime is bad
To me it's either sickeningly cutesy shit (unappealing because it's just too much and therefore distracting) or really supercool megaedgy OC donutsteel. To put that into perspective though I find Captain America's costume and the fact he's a grown man choosing to wear it so incredibly ludicrous and silly I feel bad about myself any time I read a comic featuring him. Like I shouldn't be looking at pictures of silly spandex men fighting. Anyway point is these explanations probably aren't representative.

When will we get to the Fireworks factory?

Well at least you're not trying to say that you're an expert on the subject, so that makes you better than most anons on Yea Forums when they try to say why they don't like anime.

What do most anons on Yea Forums say?

A lot of retarded shit.

I'd actually be really interested to know the gist of why other people don't like it though

Even if you asked you wouldn't get a straight answer, last time I got into an argument about it on Yea Forums the guy I was arguing with admitted that he didn't watch anime or read manga, all of the things that he knew came from the most popular shows and from the shit that he watched on Toonami and when there was evidence posted that directly contradicted what he was saying he just started calling everyone a weeaboo.

I even fucking counted the number of shows that were isekai or CGDCT in the next season to prove him wrong and he still acted like a retard and wouldn't back down.

Hold on I thought we were just talking visual style here

Then you'd get "it's all moeshit and waifubait" and then someone would post a picture or webm of an 80's OVA that had the budget of a 2 cour show dumped in a single episode and complain that nothing looks like that anymore.

That line of questioning is always a trap.
>it looks like [style]
>oh yeah? Define [style] to prove it
People in general are just unable to do this, it takes a depth of knowledge and a certain vocabulary. People use it because they know it shuts people up but it doesn't prove anyone right. You know what anime looks like even if you aren't versed enough to put it into words. And in the rare case that someone actually can decently describe what the anime style means, there's always an edge case that's different and thrse shitposters think that's a "gotcha" when it's not.

>People use it because they know it shuts people up but it doesn't prove anyone right.
But it does prove someone wrong.

>That's because it invariably looks like anime.
It doesn't, and japs were the ones who copied the west in the first place.

It doesn't. Even if someone notices what makes anime anime and is observant enough for that, if they just don't know the right words and terms for describing what they've noticed, it's like describing color to a blind man. It's just not something people can do, at least not easily. It doesn't prove anyone wrong.

>It's just not something people can do, at least not easily
It's not hard at all, you just have to compare the subject in question with the show or manga that you're thinking about and from there you just talk about the character designs and the colors that it uses, since that's basically what they're talking about in the first place.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on what makes anime anime, visually speaking. Not trying to start one of those pointless discussions you're condemning either, just curious

Is that the echo comic where she encounters Wolverine out of fucking nowhere?

I could but to be fair I've only really watched shounen and some fantasy anime so my sample size isn't really wide enough to actually describe it.

Right, just describe those things, but what I'm saying is that there's a certain kind of artistic vocabulary required to describe those things. If you just don't have the expertise than the description comes off as insane ramblings, even when it's coming from someone observant enough to notice everything. This goes for all stylistic discussions, not just anime.

No it fucking isn't. It's a board for Steven Universe and shitty cape-movies.

ITT: people who don't know shit about art
Tradd Moore is a national treasure you absolute tasteless fags

Don't respond to Tommyposting.

>u shuld like it
Well I'm convinced

I'm not saying you should like it, but not liking it is different than saying it's bad art. Moore is a great artist with a distinct style and a deep understanding of movement and flow, if you're saying he's a bad artist you clearly don't know as much as you think. Dunning Kruger and stuff

>I'm not saying you should like it
>you absolute tasteless fags
Well excuse me for not deciphering that then

lol i still think you're tasteless for not liking it, but you're free to not like it my man

I have necessarily no negative thoughts about Reyes’ GR but it’s pretty fucking stupid to have him be a driver of a car instead of making him ride a crotch-rocket type bike. Don’t get me wrong I love the muscle car but Ghost Rider should RIDE on something not be a Ghost DRIVER