How many times are they going to reform the Riddler before that's just a permanent part of his character?

How many times are they going to reform the Riddler before that's just a permanent part of his character?

Attached: image-52.jpg (600x521, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Jj37XR1yFw
youtube.com/watch?v=7yxnW_VeuV8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not just seeing the movies, playing the games, and disregarding the comics entirely

Attached: 1432724756686s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

Thats really the problem of western comics. It's hard for any characters to have growth because they need to revert to the version people recognize next month.

Don't forget the cartoons. Those are the best part of DC. This applies to Batman more than any other.

Attached: 578568.jpg (958x720, 65K)

>not just seeing the movies
Why the fuck would you do that?
>playing the games
What games?

Yeah DC's animated stuff is the best
youtube.com/watch?v=4Jj37XR1yFw
youtube.com/watch?v=7yxnW_VeuV8

>Disregarding the comics

If you did that, you would have maybe 12 hours of footage of the Riddler total over the course of 60+ years.

Just make him a wildcard that plays both sides. Take Gaimans advice and stop having him kill people but still commit the occasional crime.

Oh also give him and Vic a team-up book

The best, not perfect. Harley Quinn and pic related don't suddenly make Batman TAS NOT one of the all time greatest cartoons.

Attached: 6787.jpg (220x293, 27K)

Hopefully not many more. Detective Riddler was a lot of fun, hope he's coming back to that.

I agree with him playing both sides. His arrogance and superiority complex should be part of his main drive. Just have him obsessed with proving himself to be the smartest.
You can have him trying to outdo Batman's detective sills, but by any means necessary.
Hacking terrorist bank accounts, stealing illegal research data, blackmailing corrupt CEOs, all of it as an obsession that no one can fool him.
With the usual games and riddles whenever he thinks Batman is upstaging him too much.

What makes you think Riddler is going to be reformed? All Luthor did was give him a self realization, and a chance to rethink his career/methods. That could mean anything, not necessarily his detective days. For all we know, Edward my just start hoarding information and ditching the riddle bit

if only you knew how bad things are for mysterio fans

Attached: dammit.jpg (1987x3056, 1.26M)

I came to say this I though he was just tired of gimmik side of things and was going to actually do some serious crime.

>but my cartoon from 30 years ago
God you DC fans are pathetic

Even if he was on his way to being reformed, Batman would probably find a way to fuck it up.
Say something or do something at the wrong time and send the Riddler hurtling right back into the criminal life with a new vengeance.

How high can you count?

The guy's enough of an egomaniac that he'd jump at any chance to solve a crime that Batman can't, so they don't even really need to reform him to begin with. Just keep Batman on decent enough terms with him to get his help when needed, despite the fact that he's a criminal. And given that Riddler's thing is usually either trying to prove how smart he is or entertain himself, that really shouldn't be so hard.

On all of my fingers and toes.

Pretty much this
I just imagine that he would use even more underhanded tactics than Batman would.
Under a competent writer could lead to some interesting dialogue between the two about why one's vigilantism is okay but the other's isn't.

Arkhamverse, Telltale

Hi ladderfag

Attached: 1478173160380.jpg (708x632, 78K)

I actually want him to stay reformed. It helps maintain the illusion that Batman comics so desperately need. The longer you maintain the status quo of Batman's rogues, the more unbelievable audiences find it that nobody has murdered all these freaks yet. Showing the less ill-intentioned ones like Catwoman and Riddler actually reforming and becoming better people is something the setting needs to believably say "Yes, Batman is making a difference and saving not just civilians, but the former enemies he took a chance on."

That doesn't mean I think he shouldn't START as a villain of course, he's one of Batman's best and most enjoyable. Let him match wits with Batman, let him perform his wacky schemes and his wild goose chases. Just keep in mind there should come a time when a character like this sees the line in the sand even he won't cross.

Attached: wackity.png (215x234, 8K)

Riddler's criming was always a compulsion brought on by mental illness in the first place anyway. He literally cannot control himself. It came more into play in earlier stories though. I'd love to see him cured or Batman develop some outlet for his compulsion that lets him avoid crimes. His character is pretty tragic as is.

This!

The Riddler in the Arkham games was kino. They did a really good job of making him a complete autist.

I want to see a story where the Riddler hacks/steals all the cold case files from the GCPD. When Batman tracks him down and questions him he states that he is going to solve all the old cases to prove himself to be a smarter and more efficient detective than Batman.

I can only take Arkham Riddler in small doses. Telltale wasn't too bad though.

I like how if you look at his Origins, City, and Knight outfits you can see them slowly becoming sloppier and more casual. A nice touch to show his sanity slipping through the years of fighting Batman.

That one DCAU comic where Riddler thinks he's figured out how to beat his compulsion after escaping Arkham by leaving clues to help Batman but accidentally gives away his hideout with the clues is heartbreaking

Riddler is pretty sexy

I like how the image of Bruce being this master detective is so weak and thread bare that the writers can't do anything with the villains that exist purely on the cerebral level and end up pretending they don't exist or try to reform them so they don't have to write them.

Coming up with riddles and shit is hard. That's why he gets "redeemed".

People have been writing mystery stories for TV show formats for decades. I have a hard time believing they can't pull some of the writers who used to work on Monk or some shit aside and do some Batman comics.

What villains have even been reformed and stayed reformed?

if its so easy why dont you do it you pathetic fucking marvelshit

Catwoman
Clayface
Atlas and Songbird
Venom and Agent Venom
Emma Frost
Magneto
Every anime villain

Riddler hasn't been interesting since he was a detective. It's best to let him reform again and not change him back.

I should've specified I just meant DC villains

Clayface
Catwoman
Star Sapphire
Pied Piper
Killer Frost
Harley Quinn
Ravager
Jean-Paul Valley
Killer Croc
Mr. Bones

Attached: 1524342750304.jpg (512x384, 30K)

sauce?