But why though

But why though

Attached: infection waiting to happen.jpg (507x605, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JMwGNRWBh9A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because

Muh edge

Edge

Attached: face-off---gif_fb_4105539.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Attached: faced.gif (320x180, 442K)

Jesus wept what were they thinking with New 52

Hi Phelous.

well its obvious isnt it
bit of banter

Society, not even once.

It makes for a great conversation starter.

Convince me this is good storytelling, Yea Forums.

>joker literally removes faces
>"ah, i see how it is. with magic-aint-gotta-explain shenanigans he now can wear a different face and maybe get close to batman or someone close to batman pretending he's someone else. might make for a good tw-
>"nevermind, he literally just went back for his face later and sloppily stapled it back."

he actually did the pretending he was someone else later, but it was just using makeup. and i guess all his Death in the Family keikaku he organized while faceless. but why?

>"If Batman gets to wear a mask I get to wear a mask too!"

AAAA MI PICHULAA

Attached: 72c7f955cc635a5fa2b82ab6f10bab5e.jpg (578x800, 132K)

Marvelous, creative writing. Hope it was an ongoing and not just a short story.

That's a pretty good Rhinoplasty I gotta admit.

capullo's artwork is the worst

I’m convinced they impulsively did this at the start of New 52 to drum up press, quickly realized they wrote themselves into a corner, then had Synder awkwardly roll with it only to undo it shortly after.

Long story short; a fucking stupid idea from start to finish

cuz he's CRAAAAAYYYYZZZZEEEE

Attached: hey.jpg (1052x767, 94K)

I guess batman has an easy time now using lemons

How was it a rebirth for the doll maker?

Joker said it felt good. Needed to scratch that itch badly.

Maybe in an alternate reality, the Joker is the progenitor of the Cross virus? Anyone else think so?

CRAAWWWLINNNG IN MY SKIN!!!!!!!!!

What is the general census of Yea Forums for Death in the family?

This is garbage, but the story of Joker killing the Family to return to the simple days of just him and Batman is kinda neat. Too bad he's not actually making jokes or using humor, he's just an edgy serial killer. Also there were zero fucking consequences in an arc titled Death OF the Family

So, what was the fucking point of getting dollmaker to cut his face if he was going to do such a terrible job? You can see dots of hair in there man, what an amateur

Attached: homaa.png (551x498, 221K)

Why is it all ways torture Batman? Why can't he ever have a win?

i didnt like it

Joker's trick

Joker cutting off his face was done as a result of behind the scenes pissing match that went on between Tony Daniels and Scott Snyder with DiDio trying to play peacemaker.

Tony Daniels wrote/drew Batman and Scott Snyder wrote Detective Comics. Daniels's Batman was widely reviled but Snyder's was well received. But Daniels was a favorite of DiDio, who gave him the Batman writing gig because Daniels was a pet project of DiDio as far as being an artist who DiDio had been cultivating and had big things for.

When New 52 happened, the Batman editors decided to use the reboot to demote Daniels to Detective and promote Snyder to Batman. Daniels was super fucking pissed off. DiDio tried to run damage control to keep Daniels happy.

Anyone got screencap that explains how it probably felt for the joker to have his face peeled off

DiDio ordered Detective Comics be a flashback book ala Morrison's Action Comics and Daniels would be given free reign to set up Batman's origins and the status quo for all of the Batman villains. Snyder meanwhile would get to do "Court of the Owls", in the main book.

But the editors wanted Daniels gone, having decided to bet everything on Snyder. They refused to let Daniels do a flashback book and that it had to be set in the present day. Oh and just for an added fuck you, made a mandate that banned all Batman writers from using existing Batman villains for the first year of the New 52.

Daniels was now really fucking pissed off, so DiDio had to step in again. DiDio knew Snyder planned on doing a Joker story first chance he could, so a compromise was made:

Daniels was allowed to use ALL of the Batman villains in Detective Comics #1 in a one-off Arkham Asylum break-out story. Daniels was also told he had free reign to "do whatever he wanted" to the Joker in the story, in order to set up a big Joker storyline that would run at the start of the second year of the New 52. As such, Snyder was then bound irrevocably to whatever Daniels thought up.

It was Daniels and Daniels alone, who came up with the idea of Joker having the editorially mandated new villain (The Dollmaker) cut off Joker's face as a favor to him before vanishing to plot his next big scheme.

Snyder was stuck with the idea of Joker having cut off his face, which then became a plot mcguffin throughout the Batman books and in Sucide Squad.

DiDio also, to placate Daniels, put into place the edict that Jim Gordon could no longer be old as fuck. Hence him now having red hair/mustache and being super young per Daniel's wanting him to look like Gary Oldman in the Nolan movies.

Batman editorial was pissed the fuck off that Daniels had gone over their heads. So they fired Daniels first chance they got due to Detective Comics having bad sales and replaced him with hack John Layman.

Nice

How the fuck is DiDio still in charge?

>I'm not wearing a mask, Batman, I'm still smiling underneath. You're not wearing a mask either this is your true face
there. That's the canon answer.

Isn't Tony Daniels doing batman after King though

Did Snyder rival Ennis with this moment?

snyder didn't write this. and he neither has written anything that rivals ennis, be it edgy shit or actually good stuff

Joker is CRAAAAAAZY. So he cuts off his own face.

Didn't this fucking face just stay around for like a super long time bouncing between people?
And didn't a lady that claims to be Jokers Daughter wear it?
and was it the face in the can in "Cans without lables?"

This is such a stupid reason for everything, but know it was done out of petty spite makes me like it more.

looks like spawn

What happened to Joker after him and Bruce supposedly died in Endgame but turns out they were fine but had lost their memories?

Honestly, this whole thing feels like something Doug Walker would come up with.
If he could do anything edgy, unlike this
youtube.com/watch?v=JMwGNRWBh9A

Attached: a542g75uh9631.jpg (902x578, 30K)

Because he ran out of expired coupons for new parents.

it's been 50 years and i've never been able to watch past the moment the "mom" starts calling

>king managed to somehow do worse than this

Yea Forums hated it while it was ongoing and that hasn't changed at all.

Yeah, no, this is Yea Forums fanfic. The exact details have slipped me over the years, but I remember that Synder gave Daniels a list of things he could do to the Joker, and Daniels chose to cut his face off.

Nothing happened. Joker got his face back, Alfred regained his arm, and nobody died. I would say that it got overshadowed by the death of Damian which happened a month or two afterwards.

>in
I wonder how things would've gone had Jason survived.

I thought she chewed it

Imagine reading this shit

Attached: 1564101055356.jpg (1280x1331, 485K)

I never kept up with this shit to find out how it ended. Jokers face was rotting and maggoty, but did they just stick it to his fucking head and it grew back on? Didnt some chick show up claming to be the jokers daughter and got ahold of the face?

This whole storyline was a shitshow.

>Didnt some chick show up claming to be the jokers daughter
I remember hearing about this thinking it was some sorta new psychosis from Harley. It wasnt

What were they thinking with the relaunch period. It still bothers me that there wasn’t more outrage about that.

>ctrl+f
>merch
>zero results
They did this so they could sell a bunch of new Joker merchandise.

define edge
why is it bad?
why is it refer in the pic?

Joker eventually got hold of the shit being used by the Court of Owls to stay immortal/young and create unkillable assassins and used it to heal himself/restore his old face and then infiltrated Arkham Asylum as a doctor (using muscle relaxers to restore his face so it wasn't in a permanent grin and face paint to look like a normal human being).

He also photoshopped himself into historical documents to make it look like he was an immortal and dosed the JLA with the mind control version of Joker venom just to fuck with Batman to troll Batman.

As for Joker's Daughter; they threw out her original backstories (member of the Team Titans who went insane after her teammates were murdered and was stranded in the past/Joker's Earth 3 sidekick and surrogate daughter) and made her a murderous preppy girl who was sent to Arkham because her family realized she was plotting to murder them in their sleep and who decided to pretend she was Joker's kid and set up a murder cult amongst the homeless in Gotham City.

Joker's Daughter is still around and IIRC was last seen in Nightwing a year or two ago.

We still don't know the "official" reason for the reboot; the closet thing, rumor-wise, has gained any traction from people in the industry is that DC got a new female corporate head and she was not happy to be assigned over comic books and wanted DC D-E-A-D and turned into a reprint boutique. To stop her from doing so, Bob Harras and Jim Lee pitched a reboot and Marvelization of the DC Universe to both give the movie people ideas for future movies (to compete with Marvel) and to give their new cunt a huge sales jump at the start of her tenure with the company that she could brag about and give her enough good internal buzz that she would shelf plans to kill DC/do nothing but reprints.

And people fucking HATED the reboot. Killed countless books and franchises and people complained LOUDLY about it. It just took about a couple of years for DC to bleed the necessary number of readers from the reboot to put the fear in DC for them fucking up like they did, to get them to reverse course with Rebirth.

Death in the Family was great and immensely important. Death OF the Family was complete edgelord trash.

Attached: Suicide Squad (2011-) - Kicked in the Teeth v1-152.jpg (1920x2951, 1.34M)

Attached: New Suicide Squad (2014-) - Pure Insanity v1-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.96M)

>did they just stick it to his fucking head and it grew back on?
He grew a new face using dionesium.

Im da joker baby!

Attached: joker staples.jpg (600x300, 40K)

Nice thanks

I thought the reason was that DC sales were so bad and they were so behind Marvel, they were forced to something, and a full reboot to start fresh was considered the best option at the time.

this is one of the worst joker stories i've ever seen