The page that saved comics

the page that saved comics

Attached: 1[1].png (686x1064, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

etymonline.com/search?q=lineage
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>impact instantly lost because they just lolresurrect the next issue

I'm ready for a gratuitous death montage that the X-Men will be subjected to because of this.

are you man enough to BAMF into death with a smirk

Attached: 2[1].png (716x1054, 1.4M)

More like impact preemptively meaningless since Logan literally went to Heaven as a physical place to meet Nightcrawler there and take him back to Earth like a year before in canon

It was nice to see wolverine die wish he was kept dead though.

wow im really invested in these weirdly villainous and creepy pod people x-men so sad that they have to die for 5 seconds

Poor stupid Mothermold fucking up her greek mythology. The Titans came before the gods. Big daddy Kronos was Zeus' daddy. Didn't want them born so he kept them shoved up mommy Gaia's cooch until Zeus cut his wing dang doodle off.

Seriously, this is why you don't take your AI out of the easy bake oven too soon.

Ah, but were they pod people before they died during this mission? Answer that and stay fashionable.

so much for an all powerful AI, that nigga dumb as fuck we learned that in middle school

yes because we saw them being pod people in the first issue

And we saw that exact same scene again. Never heard of a flashforward?

It didn't fuck it up because it didnt mention a timeline at all.

What did you fucking expect, retard? They can't kill all the main X-men before the series starts. You literally know these characters survive, they appear in future covers. Stop being a fucking retard

What comic is this?

Moira alters events in her own lifetime. Unless in this timeline she for some reason travelled back in time to change Greek myth why would that be different? Come on, Moira, there's much better use of time travel. Like crank calling Alexander Graham Bell when he was testing his prototype.

when was the last time comics haven't been a death revolving door?

For that to be true, they'd had to stay dead

lmao what a pathetic death

look at her fucking tears dude

Attached: Z7ZCpBl0WvHqijxw441zS6-NDiMiVkvui4A3Xhy5w3iQpBdTrIKji48iT2Z2BiuiEjrD-_rgkcMOYDykG7UlsdQeKyAEqIbzzwDs (1041x1600, 471K)

Do pod people even have souls? Is this the death of the real Kurt and Logan?

Hey man, you ever been flushed into space so hard it dislocated your damn jaw? Brutal. Metal, even.

Too bad it was meaningless. They came back as clones. LOL.

Literally what the actual fuck are you talking about. Mother Mold didnt mention who it thought came first, so it didnt fuck up who came first, that's all.

Venture Bros rules apply. Xavier copies over their memories, feelings, experiences, all the things that make them human. It's close enough that it would make no nevermind because if the soul doesn't contain all of those things then what the hell worth would it even be? Immortal, sure, but not really you. It'd be like having an immortal liver (thanks, Prometheus) that survives after the rest of you die. Someone can put it on a shelf and dust it occasionally but what practical use is it to you after your mind, your self, is gone?

This is the problem with capeshit. Nothing sticks. Death doesn't stick. How anyone could feel emotional about something inconsequential that has happened time and time again is beyond me.

Yes it did, user. Lineage. Linear descent from an ancestor. That's the definition. But while the greek gods came from the titans the mutants came from humanity.

This whole pod people debate is the samw as the age old transporter debate from Star Trek and honestly I can't be assed to give a fuck. If they say in universe that it's them, then it's them.

Is this your first time reading a non-linear story?

No, it didn't.

Man Kurt is such a fucking bro, the X-men should be Logan, Colossus, Kurt, Storm, and Jubilee

Oh your poor bastard. Blind as well as stupid. Still at least you have Yea Forums braille.

>that episode where Picard fucking dies, so they use the records from his last transport and a replicator to just clone him
>he has memories as if he was about to transport, doesn't remember anything after that
>they just rebooted from a previous save
>the show goes on as if everything is back to normal now

The page was already posted in the thread.
Mothermold states that humans are god, rather its god, and mutants are humanity's spoiled children. It's making parallels to mythology but getting the mythology backwards. It's no big deal because we were already told that if it was activated too soon it might be a bit crazy.

Didn't read that one, makes this scene even dumber then.

>What did you fucking expect, retard?

To not have them pull a BvS by having them eat shit and have them resurrect 5 seconds later.

>You literally know these characters survive, they appear in future covers. Stop being a fucking retard

No shit you fucking dingbat. I know that resurrection happens in comics, but not a whole fucking issue afterwards and in such a blase manner that they all may as well be Deadpool.

See above, I'm only reading this to see how badly the mutants are going to fuck things up and eventually return back to status quo of being the stand-in for the 'oppressed minority'. They're basically biting the Inhumans angle of establishing their own society apart from humanity, except unlike the Inhumans, they seek to supplant it rather than generally keep to themselves, they no longer have the sympathetic angle to keep them from being outright villains from this point forward.

Not that I give a shit anyways, they haven't been heroes for a while, may as well play it straight.

>when was the last time comics haven't been a death revolving door?
When said comic wasn't capeshit.

Not really. It was a beautiful moment anyway but it was taking the ultimate chance and putting all your faith in the movement and potential for rebrith. True martyrdom. Mutants are still at risk, shit someone can kidnap and torture a mutant for life if they dampen their ability for cerebro to detect it. Yeah a new one would be created but there's still one suffering. All this stuff has risks for them still besides "death"

>not a whole fucking issue afterwards and in such a blase manner that they all may as well be Deadpool.
Except the creepy factor of the way they return to life (which you see in House of X #1) already puts into question whether it's a feasible, long term method at all given all the moving parts involved. I'm willing to believe some of you bitch instead of reading what's being presented to you, since at no point it's implied that they'll always reborn this way.

And that page doesn't mention a timeline. Lineage goes both ways, dumbass. Your parents and your kids are both part of your lineage.

lineage
/ˈlJnJJdʒ/
noun
direct descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
"a Dutch nobleman of ancient lineage"

Read 2, dumbass.

Attached: Screenshot_20190922-122642_Chrome~2.jpg (720x585, 52K)

You were kinder. I was going to post a lmgtfy.

No, it doesn't go both ways. Lineage is linear. Oh what the hell, while we're educating you here's the etymology.

lineage (n.)
late 17c., from Middle English linage "line of descent; an ancestor" (c. 1300), from Old French lignage "descent, extraction, race" (11c.), from ligne "line," from Latin linea "line of descent," literally "string, line, thread" (see line (n.)). The word altered in spelling and pronunciation in early Modern English, apparently by some combined influence of line (n.) and lineal.
etymonline.com/search?q=lineage

It's a one way street of ancestry. Yes you CAN go the other way, but only to track the progenitor. This isn't Phillip J Fry's family tree.

So you don't know what lineage means, and you don't know what predecessor means either. Wow. And you've even got the dictionary loaded up and everything but still fuck up!

You aren't educating anyone, you're just showing how stubborn you are.

I know exactly what it means, I just posted it. And not some snipped half-definition to make myself seem more right than I actually am like you did.

Please don't be this stupid where I have to see it

it still doesn't make sense dude, If mutants are human's lineage in the "descendant" way, they can't be titans but must be gods for the comparison to make anyh sense

Don't worry, nobody thinks they're actually educating you since you've already proven yourself incapable of learning. Try it for yourself. Predecessor and ancestor. Look them up, then look up the word lineage again, then finally give up and realize you'll never figure it out and will just cling stubbornly to your ignorance which you so proudly brandish to other people. It's impressive to find someone so pleased about being so poorly educated.

Friendly reminder that:
1. Absolutely NOBODY gives a fuck about the X-Men anymore.
2. Yea Forums actively wants ALL mutants characters murdered as brutally as possible and their corpses raped.
3. Hackman's saga is gonna flop hard and should convince MarLEL to never publish a mutant character ever again.

>Big daddy Kronos was Zeus' daddy. Didn't want them born so he kept them shoved up mommy Gaia's cooch until Zeus cut his wing dang doodle off.
You're thinking of Uranus who was dismembered by Kronos - Kronos, an allegory for time itself. in turn ate his children.

Attached: Francisco_de_Goya,_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo.jpg (1616x2889, 578K)

>are you man enough to BAMF into death with a smirk
Knowing I'll be instantaneously reborn in a new body?
Sure.

Mothermold wasn't completed yet when she was activated. Curiously she seems to hold the exact same views Nimrod did in Powers of X since he held humanity in similar contempt.

There's an interesting parallel in that the children, be it mutant or AI, all feel they are better suited to supplant their "parents". AI coming last feels that way about both humans and mutants. Whether this is a deeper theme Hickman is showing off I don't know, but it's possible. It would certainly play to the idea that the three inevitably will always come into conflict. Humanity feels itself threatened by the new kids on the block, mutants feel oppressed and endangered, and AI is so disgusted it just wants to kill all humans and mutants. Maybe keep some naked in a zoo for shits and giggles.

Then of course there's the next tier blue guys presumably made by Nimrod using, of all things, mutants as the basis for a new form of life, AI's own bastard child.

The page simply states the Titans are part of their lineage, at no point it says they're their descendants. If someone belongs to your lineage, it could be your predecessor or descendant, depends on where you're looking. You need to calm down about the page already, because at no point it's using titans in the Greek mythology sense anyway (look at the lack of capitalization), but as powerful beings above humans. You're being too literal.

It honestly baffles me that this is supposed to evoke any sort of honest emotional reaction after about 30 years of this happening again and again, particularly for flagship characters you know for a certainty are going to return a few years down the line at most. It's pathetic.

Greek myths have a cycle of the children coming into conflict with their parents as they rise to take their place. Hell, it goes deeper than that. My mythology professor loved to talk about the prevalence of serpents and associated creatures, like dragons or the hydra, as constantly being challenged by the gods and heroes as symbolic. The earlier religions of the region used to worship snakes because snakes could be seen slithering out of the mud during rains, as if birthed from the earth. Medusa and the others were just a way to have their newfangled religion beating up the old beliefs. Similar things can be seen with the Norse, though the Vanir were largely allowed to hang around with the Aesir.

The blue guys are clearly man-machine hybrids, judging by this panel. Notice the symbol activated by Cerebro, it's the same that the blue guy has in his cheek.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-22-15-56-46-411_com.flyersoft.moonreader.jpg (650x1279, 246K)

As stupid as this whole argument is, it does, user. It follows from mutants being the "children" of humanity. But the titans aren't the children of the gods, rather the other way. The thread has already been over this. Mothermold is comparing them in a way that isn't actually factually correct. It is, however, trying to comment that the Titans were thrown down by the gods, although as pointed out it was the children coming into their own and taking over for their parents. When you're immortal(ish) you don't like your snot nosed kids suddenly claiming they should run worldly affairs.

Here is the symbol.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-22-15-59-28-546_com.flyersoft.moonreader.jpg (720x1073, 243K)

Kurt is a true friend

I’m really itching for another old-timey Wolverine/Colossus/Nightcrawler bro adventure. We haven’t had one since that Russia story arc back in like 2009.

It's already been outright stated. The Phalanx don't like cybernetics because it's not part of their makeup. It's incompatible. That's why the one blue dude had to convert himself completely into data to be absorbed. It worked, but they're waiting to see if the Phalanx will endorse this workaround.

Wasn't that Harry Kim not Picard?

>when you run out of arguments so you just act smug as if that makes you right

Yes but the reason why they could digitize themselves in first place was because they were halfway there anyway. I mean it's why Cerebro exists, right? To track and catalogue DNA and minds, they had already transcended in X^2 to the point that they could merge their selves into machines and viceversa, but they still wouldn't abandon the flesh until their plan with the Phalanx was enacted.

No it was Picard. Kim was in Voyager senpai.

>The thread has already been over this
>translated: Nobody agreed but I was louder and smuger so that means I won

The problem with people like you is that you are literally too stupid to understand what you are doing wrong. There can never be an argument that will convince you because if you were capable of the required rational thought to realise that you are in the wrong it wouldn't be necessary to have the argument in the first place.At some point you just have to shrug and move on, glad that I'm not you.

I doubt it. After all, Cerebro, a machine, is copying the minds (and supposedly souls) of mutants. It's still siphoned off data and surely the Phalanx are sophisticated enough to read it as well as Cerebro, or at least devise a means to read it. The thing is - and this plays to the notion that they don't know if the Phalanx will accept their work around - whether or not the Phalanx are trying to keep biological lifeforms from polluting themselves if indeed there is some inherent flaw in them where they keep fucking everything up, especially when they're responsible for their own downfall.

The Phalanx could use their technoorganic tech to borgify people until they could become compatible but their is presumably a reason they were never interested in doing so. They only want pure mechanical life, and whether a biological derived being fully converting itself is good enough is still an open question.

There was never an argument here. That's what makes this so hilarious. There's the actual meaning of the words, and then there's someone swearing they don't mean what they actually mean without being able to prove it beyond introducing a single screenshot that meant the opposite of what he was claiming it did.

Didn’t Kurt literally go to heaven? And didn’t Logan see him there?

I’m totally fine with pretending all of 10s X-men canon never happened, but I’m kinda just confused here. Anyone got clarification?

It's all here on the actual page . Unless you are claiming that humanity somehow derived from mutants as lesser offspring, which we already know is not the case. You can argue with Hickman if you want, but prepare your anus for being crammed with so many charts.

No user, you are not the lone bastion of enlightened thought screaming into a void of ignorance. You got it wrong, multiple people have explained this to you.

Who the hell let Logan into heaven? D-did he snikt bub Saint Peter?

I guess you'll never know if you never make an argument, like youre doing.

The irony here is that this is true but it's the other way around from what you think.

Multiple people have said youre wrong too, but only truly hopeless dumbasses think that popular = correct, so it doesn't matter.

Correct, it's all on the page, that's how I know I'm right.

You sound like someone who had to be told not to drink from the toilet.

He didn’t go to heaven, he went through a portal to hell made by the bamfs and Kurt jumped out of heaven to rescue him.

I bet you anything you want the most popular definition of 2+2 is 4.

You aren't proving me wrong about having no argument.

And..?

>The irony here is that this is true but it's the other way around from what you think.

If only that were true. It's hard to believe someone could be this jelly brained.

Oh no, he was smug at me, that was so effevtive before so I am utterly destroyed now. Still not an argument. As a rule if thumb on the internet, the first person to devolve to this mindless shitposting is the wrong one.

>You aren't proving me wrong about having no argument.
DIdn't you know? It was already conceded that there was no argument. The problem, for you, is that you were on the wrong end of the facts. Yes, you can track lineage in the other direction but you'll only find out who the ancestors were, not the descendants. However I welcome you to read Heinlein's All You Zombies. It'll blow your fucking mind. Or not, because you'll probably be too confused.

Sometimes the only appropriate response is contempt.

Unfortunately that was also you. Your screwed yourself yet again, but at least you're consistent.

>sometimes, you have no leg to stand on so you have to resort to contempt

>I'm right I'm right I'm RIGHT I'M RIGHT SHUT UP SHUT UP I'M RIGHT SHUT UP NO FACTS ONLY RIGHT
It's sad that you think this is worth posting.

This is isn't a middle school debate club, you can't whine your way into changing the definition of a fucking word.

>It's still siphoned off data and surely the Phalanx are sophisticated enough to read it as well as Cerebro, or at least devise a means to read it.
I'm not sure how anything of what you said contradicts my argument. In one of the charts where the DNA collection process is explained, they state that the DNA eventually was turned into holographic data, so it was eventually digitized. Also the Church of Ascendancy, the cult that fed the belief in the Phalanx and joining it, was all about human hybridization and rejecting the flesh. So yeah, humans were never going to join the Phalanx until they abandoned the flesh, and the only way to do so we digitization; but given that they didn't want to fully do so as they were hybrids, they made the Phalanx a proposal.

>But the titans aren't the children of the gods, rather the other way. The thread has already been over this.
What part of "you're being too literal" you don't get? At no point he was using Greek mythology to compare them, he was simply placing mutants as above humans, and didn't state one came after the other even, just that they were part of its lineage (which can precede or follow). It's pretty simple narrative that you're making more convoluted for no good reason, and every attempt to argue this is meet with this smug attitude that somehow misses the mark. Obviously dude, if Titans weren't created by God but preceded it, then it follows that Hickman wasn't being literal. THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-22-16-32-29-408_com.flyersoft.moonreader.jpg (720x1104, 375K)

>recognizing unwarranted smug is smug
>its only okay when I do it, when I think you're doing it suddenly its wrong
Microbrain.

Give it up. Nobody can be this genuinely dense. He either desperately wants the (you)s or he's so upset at being wrong he wants to keep flinging shit until everyone looks like they were wrong too. It's not worth it.

Mothermold says that humanity is its creator, and thus god, but in a way mutants were a necessary catalyst. They're both the parents of AI and Sentinels are the product of massive hatefucking.

Can we stop arguing over petty shit and actually talk about the comic ya fuckin dorks

Not to mention Wolverine canonically claws his way out of Hell every time he dies AND spent around a year or so dead. these can't be the real X-men

This is correct, but is not helping your case.
>this word means this one thing
>actually, this word means two things
>No ONLY one thing
>as you can see, it's two things
>STUPID STUPID NO NO WRONG DUMB NO NO NO
The only one trying to change words definitions is you.

It's a shame it wan't Rouge that put that bitch down

It wouldn't make sense because it's not a Sonic the Hedgehog crossover event.

The point is that organic/machine hybrids had to come up with this work around. The Phalanx are surely smart enough to have figured this out long ago, after all they've been infecting organics with technoorganic viruses for ages. They're no strangers to man/machine hybrids. They just never considered it worth the effort to assimilate them into itself. That, again, is the point. The blue guys still aren't sure that the Phalanx will accept it. Mentioning Cerebro is pointing out that a means to copy minds into machines was achievable, at least in that timeline, at quite an early technological level compared to the blue guys.

>At no point he was using Greek mythology to compare them
user, that's the whole point of the titans. The titans are from Greek myth where they got into a huge dustup with Zeus and the other gods. Its the whole comparison that Mothermold is trying to make.

Everyone’s too busy bitching to notice the fact that both Kurt and Logan HAVE LITERALLY BEEN TO THE AFTERLIFE. This is either a massive oversight on Hickman’s part or something really fishy is going on here with the characters’ memories, because otherwise this entire exchange makes zero sense.

OK, but I'm going to call him stupid again and probably insult his mother to round things off.

You are one of the dumbest creatures I have ever interacted with. You must have been born after your mother tried to send a turd back home and missed.

Yea Forums is the best at what it does and what it does is argue over silly minutia about comics.

>They just never considered it worth the effort to assimilate them into itself. That, again, is the point.
Then why did you say you doubted this was the case if this is exactly what I've been saying from the start...?

>Everyone’s too busy bitching to notice the fact that both Kurt and Logan HAVE LITERALLY BEEN TO THE AFTERLIFE
Sure, but which of Moira's incarnations did that happen in, and did it happen in this one too?

>continuing to prove me right

Heaven and Hell don't exist in this timeline. That's why they didn't have Magik's full demonic powerset to provide them superior teleportation to bamfs.

are they talking about the afterlife or about if the pod resurrections will work though

Magik's teleporting isn't related to the demon stuff.

Because you misread the comment. The doubt was about the blue guys being halfway their by being machine hybrids. Cerebro, after all, is all the way their without the need for hybridization. It's just technology as the intermediary but it never actually hybridizes with the minds, at least not in any way that's been depicted.

She literally uses Limbo to achieve her stepping discs, though, and in Marvel Limbo is a demonic dimension.

>Heaven and Hell don't exist in this timeline
Wrong, considering Krakoa's flashback that showed Apocalypse driving Arakko down into what later would become Limbo, using the Twilight Sword.
>The doubt was about the blue guys being halfway their by being machine hybrids.
What else are they if not that? It's the very reason why they can digitize their bodies and create mechanical proxies with their essence while retaining theirs.

>Wrong
We don't know if those were the same timelines though. Until we do we can't say who is wrong, now can we? By the rules of this thread that means I'm right and you are clearly wrong.

>By the rules of this thread that means I'm right and you are clearly wrong.
Buh
Nuh-uh, YOU are wrong and I'm right, because reasons.

>What else are they if not that?
Oh for the love of... Nobody said they weren't hybridized with machinery, doubt was merely cast on that being necessary. After all, there's little functional difference in whether a cyborg turns itself into a machine code version of itself or a purely organic being does the same thing. Sure, maybe it's a bit easier for the machine hybrid although Cerebro is doing just fine on its own.

Please don't try to correct someone else on mythology ever again you fucking retard. And especially don't try to do it while making autistic quips.

Please never post this assblasted again, you're only jeopardizing Yea Forums(nel)'s already fragile self-respect.

>Nobody said they weren't hybridized with machinery, doubt was merely cast on that being necessary.
But... For the purposes of joining the Phalanx, they had to be. Otherwise why seek them out? Why make a Worldmind with the express purpose of luring them to Earth? Why become so alien that humans are kept in greenhouses, and machines are merely extensions of themselves again in a society that is fully integrated with them?

Did they retcon X-men again?
Wake me up when they retcon X-men again.

Why would the Phalanx care if they were part organic or whole organic before converting themselves to full machine code? And the Worldmind was just to lure the Phalanx in with their entreaty to absorbing the rest of them.

You're really claiming that all cyborgs secretly want to merge with the Phalanx? No wonder Donald Pierce got into that techno-organic shit. Dirty boy is jonesing for the next phase of galactic evolution.

>Moira's mutant power is to send her soul back into her baby self because their is no afterlife
>in the next timeline Apocalypse goes to war and creates the afterlife
>this time Moira's soul is sucked into hell where she belongs

Destiny was right!

Where did you think Cronos discovered that children only want to replace their parents? It's a cycle in greek mythology which is why the Mothermold is referencing it.

>Why would the Phalanx care if they were part organic or whole organic before converting themselves to full machine code?
Because they have something to offer which hasn't been revealed yet, and for which they must retain their organic selves. That's what I have been trying to tell you! If all they wanted to was to join the Phalanx, they would've digitized their bodies already and annihilate their flesh, but the reason they didn't was because the mutant genes (the version they have anyway) achieved the purpose the Celestial Oneg had for them when he inserted it, and said purpose (a secret until now) will prove a valuable addition into the Phalanx.

By the way you ignored the thing about the symbols being exactly the same between Cerebro in X^0 and X^2, that very likely is a clue of something unrevealed yet.

Attached: IMG_20180817_113740.jpg (329x424, 61K)

>11'th life
>Moira reincarnates in China
>Gets aborted because she's not a male

It goes deeper than that. The ancient Greeks likely picked it up from earlier myths, specifically the Hittite's with the story of Anu being replaced by his own son who bit off his junk. Somehow this knocked the son up, too, and he gave birth to other gods.

So basically we could see this as humanity bit off mutanity's cock and gave birth to AI. Thanks, Hickman!

And I've been trying to point out to you what the comic showed us. The Phalanx came in because of the Worldmind. They stayed because they agreed to the experiment to see if absorbing an organic fully converted to machine would be acceptable. We still don't know if it IS acceptable, only that the person is indeed part of the Phalanx now.

This has notion to do with any Celestial. Creating the Worldmind was them sending out an invitation. The Phalanx is merely being obliging. As for the symbol once again we don't know what that means, so you're being premature in declaring anything about it. Hey user, you could be right, but you could also be wrong with your theories. Stop trying to play arbiter of the story. You don't know what Hickman will pull out of his charts yet.

>Stop trying to play arbiter of the story.
Fuck you Jordan White, I'm ahead of you, I have read enough hard sci-fi to see where Hickman is going. Take your shirt off and let's fight, unless you're a coward.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-23 22-12-24.png (770x418, 350K)

But user, I'm Jordan Black which means you just committed a hate crime! Remain where you are, the Internet Thought Police will collect you shortly.

>the Internet Thought Police will collect you shortly.
Holy shit, this has never happened to me before, whet do I do anons, what do I do!

Attached: ProfX.jpg (970x545, 183K)

Now you know what it's like when someone gets in your head, Charles!

Attached: 789879324.PNG.png (640x359, 316K)

Bump