ALL HAIL ARNO

2020 APPROACHES

Attached: imtony2018019_woods_var.jpg (1317x2000, 414K)

>it's been more than 10 years with awful Iron Man books
Fuck you Marvel!

I kinda liked Gillen's run but the art sucked

>turns out tony stark iron man had to be cancelled because you can't have tony's name in a comic he's not leading
How come Tony gets kicked out of his comic so often?

Attached: thinking.jpg (801x653, 49K)

>How come Tony gets kicked out of his comic so often?
Comic "writers" can't really write him, so either they go OCC or just take him off the book.

Anybody noticed that throughout the whole run Slott is insinuating that Tony is a cold, ultimately selfish bastard?

You mean with the AI rights shit? Tony has always been like that, he sees and creates AI as tools.

Kinda. IMO he’a far Too lenient with the toasters, but Slott’s writing is supposed to make you think he’s some kind of villain for being that way. Honestly, the whole thing feels like someone “played” Detroit and made a Saturday Morning Cartoon from his notes.

Tony Stark potrayed as a villian?! No way!!! It's almost as though he's an absolute scumbag and villian!!

Tony should had always been like that. Its when he is most interesting.

Attached: 4108111-4043414-supim2014001-cov-d32db.jpg (805x1260, 531K)

So why is Tony adopted now? It sounds like a stupid concept

Superior would've ran its course and got beat into the ground had it continued any longer than it did.

Worked for Reed

Attached: 868f5507caf93f24ba812238b0e3368b.jpg (940x1054, 105K)

Go have your chimpout somewhere else, Pymfag.

Bendis enjoys making huge changes to characters to leave his mark

To be fair, that wasn't just Bendis, Gillen was the one who did the story that Tony is actually adopted.

But why? So he just replaces Tony with his brother? Why? That seems like really awful writing

Gillen was the one who created the retcon. Bendis just expanded on it and made it even worse as he tends to do.

>kept the shoulder gears
I'm okay with it

Gillen WROTE the retcon, but do you really think it was his idea? Marvel has frequent retreats where a handful of their "elite" writers pitch their ideas with each other. Who was the writer who filled in all the blanks for Tony's new parentage? It wasn't Gillen. Bendis had the idea for Tony's new parents, so he pitched the idea at the retreat and then Gillen introduced it.

If Tony is more machine than man is Arno gonna upload his brain into Tony so we get Superior with a side of other Superior?

awful writing might as well be bendis' middle name

"Been meaning to talk to you about your attitude, yes?"

Attached: Death's_Head_Vol_1_10.jpg (1280x1969, 742K)

Agreed.

Attached: he's gonna say it.jpg (1280x1280, 334K)

Attached: Blog-15-8-Deaths-Head-10.jpg (500x351, 75K)

Attached: ironman2020 b.jpg (194x370, 36K)

Attached: iron men.jpg (642x975, 123K)

Attached: Iron Man 2023.png (1069x450, 445K)

But the Knaufs' run was...oh, that was over 10 years ago.

Yeah user, that over 10 years ago... We've had a decade of continuously shitty Iron Man product, and it doesn't look as if change is on the horizon.

Superior Iron Man was excellent. Unfortunately shortlived, but it was a great 9 issues nonetheless.

Eh, I count that as a mini, but sure.

brah

Bendis isn't the person that made him adopted. That was Gillen. Bendis, years after the fact, decided that Tony being adopted meant that he could introduce Tony's "real" parents, which kinda shits all over the point of adoption and you'd think that Bendis, someone that has adopted multiple kids, would understand that. But whatever.

Gillen’s run is what started that whole stupid adoption retcon that we’re stuck with now

>Gillen WROTE the retcon, but do you really think it was his idea?
Yes? You might have a point if Bendis was the person that wrote the Iron Man run immediately following Gillen's, but he wasn't. After Gillen's run ended, there was a while where there was no ongoing Iron Man book, then we had Taylor's run, and then his Secret Wars book which ALSO wasn't written by Bendis.

Also, Bendis didn't have Arno appear a single time in his whole run, and the main point of making Tony adopted was a roundabout way to introduce Arno. Bendis just saw an opportunity to do his usual schtick and shove his OCs into a character's mythos.

It's the most iconic thing about Arno's suit. Without the gears and teeth, it might as well just be any other Tony suit.

9 is hardly a mini, and it was coming out at a time where most books struggled to hit 12 issues. You could make the argument for it being a maxi.

Not the same user, but Bendis was writing another Iron Man book that was sided with the main one: Iron Man International. And the plot of the book was specifically made to follow on the retcon. It was Bendis' stuff to begin with. And he used Arno, in the very end.

Civil War really did fuck this character beyond repair.

But what about the time Riri took over Invincible Iron Man despite being Iron Heart and there was no Iron Man in the book until the last few issues?

I guess. But these days even 12-issue series are called minis in solicits. Dunno, since it was just killing time until Secret Wars, I have trouble considering a "proper" series, you know?

Tony being adopted isn't itself a bad idea. It means that him being a tech genius isn't some kind of genetic predisposition from his dad, which is weird it takes a certain degree of agency away from him. Also, there's nothing wrong with adoption, despite parts of Yea Forums thinking that adoption is synonymous with cuckolding. Making Arno Tony's brother was also a decent idea, since there's no way he could get a middle aged nephew in 7 years, and Ultimate Comics did some good stuff with Tony having a brother, though obviously they handled that way differently.

The problem wasn't until Bendis came in and decided to make Tony's biological mother a world famous musician who was secretly a high ranking shield agent and his dad secretly a high ranking hydra agent. And then proceeding to make the mother a core part of the supporting cast and treating her like she raised Tony and Tony caring more about her than his own mother. That's idiotic, spits in the face of adoption, and was just a ham handed way to shove an OC into the book that would be hard to get rid of without outright killing her.

user, Bendis International was coming out at the same time as Bendis' Invincible Iron Man. International was the side book to Bendis Iron Man, which, again, came out YEARS after Gillen had already done the retcon with 2 other runs in between.

>Iron Man International
>2016

>Gillen revealing that Iron Man was adopted
>2012

Are they? I usually see the term limited series be used for anything bigger than 6 issues.

I think so. Dunno, I could be wrong. 12 is a Maxi, but I think Marvel's been calling those Old Man Logan/Hawkeye/Star-Lord 12-Issue Series Minis.

That was just to keep the name Iron Man on the cover. The current comic is Tony Stark Iron Man. And with the news of it being cancelled, a possibility is that Tony won't be the main character. So it'll be relaunched without the name and just be Iron Man or Iron Man 2020.

It's like how people use graphic novel incorrectly. You know what they mean but it doesn't make it right.

I can't think of a single good thing to come out of Civil War, the Knauf's run following it was good but there was too much damage done for their run to outweigh it.

Attached: 1561301541278.jpg (316x388, 18K)

DC has been correctly calling theirs maxiseries. Marvel is also known to turn their ongoings into miniseries if the sales aren't good.

>last issue is December 2019
>new ongoing launches in January 2020
If it doesn't just end up being Iron Man 2020 (1 of 12), with Tony Stark Iron Man coming back in January 2021, then I will eat my hat. Hell, Slott will probably still be writing it.

The "cancellation" is more than likely just a gimmick so they can rename the book for Iron Man 2020 rather than issues with sales numbers.