At what point did they start turning Constantine comics into generic superhero bullshit...

At what point did they start turning Constantine comics into generic superhero bullshit? Is there anyone who could give him that old Vertigo feel again?

Attached: HB_Rake.jpg (400x600, 84K)

They should keep him out of the mainline DCU and team books

Nu52 is the first thing that comes to mind.
Maybe the end of the original Vertigo series?

Once Hellblazer ended and he got put in the New52. But I'm holding out a bit of hope for the new volume. Simon Spurrier does good shit.

it's New 52. God my hands on some of the Vertigo Hellblazer last weekend (full runs in the dollar bins) and been reading through them. Still good stuff in the 150's and 160's so far.
ya, Spurrier can do good stuff and I have hopes for the new series.

Attached: new Sept 19 a.jpg (2959x3918, 1.8M)

New volume? When?

Yeah Nu52, before that his appearances in the main continuity were pretty respectful from what I remember. His first solo and JLD appearances were really dopey, but his second series wasn't all that bad. Kind of looking forward to his upcoming series, seems like it has the right attitude.

Attached: 514.jpg (471x721, 148K)

i dont think theyve said yet but its a sandman/hellbazer arc

October 30. They're putting out a special drawn by Marcio Takara and then an ongoing. Fingers crossed.

Attached: Hellblazer - Sandman U 01.jpg (1491x1134, 409K)

Letting the Legends of Tomorrow writers get their hands on Matt Ryan's Constantine was a bigger fucking mistake.

Attached: constantpain.gif (245x245, 883K)

it got generic when nu52 picked it up after the 300+ run
i was sad to not see him saying cunt and fuck every 2 pages

Attached: Sixpack and Dogwelder - Hard Travelin' Heroz (2016-) 002-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.71M)

nah mate, he's pretty fun there. I wouldn't want the comics to be the same but I'm glad that he gets to continue the character. i'm not opposed to movies, tv shows and cartoons doing different versions of him.

Attached: constantine demons2.webm (1280x720, 863K)

Attached: Sixpack and Dogwelder - Hard Travelin' Heroz (2016-) 002-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.73M)

all ive seen from him on that isd the gay kissing scene which was to be expected, LOT seems abit too childish for constantine compared to the show he got
shame it wasnt set in london and really gritty
still cant get over chas being an american

Attached: Sixpack and Dogwelder - Hard Travelin' Heroz (2016-) 002-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.83M)

Looks promising, for once

>Literally opening a magic portal to a demon sex club
How did they get away with that in this age?

>He's been given a cockney accent because American writers don't know what a Scouser is
It's the subtle things you treasure.

How would you write a scouser accent? Genuinely curious. Read all the OG vertigo stuff, but I was never able to pinpoint the specific quirks of scouser speak

by making him talk fucking nonsense

Attached: constantalk.jpg (516x1058, 350K)

>Ennis
>American

it's part of the joke Ennis is making about post-Vertigo Constantine. you think Ennis of all people wouldn't know the difference between a cockney and a scouse?

What's a good example of a scouser accent. ESL here, I can barely tell the difference americans accents

>Is there anyone who could give him that old Vertigo feel again?

No.

No, I thought you were implying that

When it was revealed that he was friends with Alexander Luthor and knew who the Monitor was.

When did that happened?

Swamp Thing.

Moore's Swamp Thing.
Constantine's entire purpose was to help the plant elemental realize what it could do so it could help out during the Crisis. Constantine has Luthor beam them both onto the Monitor Station, and he explains that Luthor gave him control over dealing with the mystical side of the Crisis.
Then he meets Batman, again.

I always found Hellblazer to be superior than the Sandman Normie garbage. Hellblazer is the definition of British horror. It got cancelled because Dc wants to market John as a generic anti-hero for teenagers. Dc destroyed Hellblazer for shekels.