New Batman: Arkham being announced on Sony's next State of Play

twitter.com/WBGamesMTL/status/1175764366169399296

Attached: arkham.jpg (1077x922, 66K)

heard about that but i didnt believe it
i hope its more about the batfamily and make them more playable rather than proving ground missions and dlc

What's this a reference to?

The Court of Owls most likely.

looks abit more like league of shadows desu man

It's probably both but come on, this is the Arkham series, the main villain is probably going to be The Joker somehow.

That's the demonhead dude. It's the LoA

Fucking finally jesus christ

ARKHAM
BEYOND

Attached: BatmanBeyond.jpg (1080x1080, 79K)

Aren't Ra's and Talia dead in the Arkhamverse?

im fucking so up for that it didnt even cross my mind

Either Ra's is alive or Talia's sister is alive if it's post AK

Oh joy, more Fucking Batman......thanks WBDC

Reminder "DC" means "Detective Comics".

Attached: file.png (768x768, 478K)

WB isn't in the business of throwing money down a tube

Talia is dead, but in AK there was a choice to save Ra’s or let him die

The absolute STATE of play

Who says it's gonna be announced at State of Play?

Yeah but who cares

about time

But after Knight was a shitty flop, the franchise is dead

well, it isn't?

WITH DAMIAN WAYNE SET, NOT IN THE FUTURE, BUT JUST A FEW YEARS AFTER KNIGHT

>WB Games Montreal
So then what is Rocksteady doing?

Attached: 1499870972863.jpg (1200x895, 253K)

When Anything DC related will outsold Batman merch.....until then you can talk

starting a project then canning it 6 months later

>Arkham Knight sold over 5 million units worldwide by October 2015. The number is probably 11-12m by now.
>Flop

There's been various rumors, froma JLA game,to a Game as a Services stuff, to a Suicide Squad game, to a AK sequel starring Damian. Nobody knows

Probably Suicide Squad or Teen Titans,

>First one has joker
>second one has Black Cat
>Origins got Deathstroke
>Knight has Harley

what playable dlc Villain would you like to see Yea Forums?

Poison Ivy... Make it a Sirens DLC

>Black cat
meant catwoman obviously

Arkham series created a good formula but it can be refined like the PS4 Spider-Man game showed, they should reboot the Arkham franchise with a new story more close to the comics, imagine a series of Batman games where you see the life of Batman form young to old.

that's wb montreal

how do you know?

Why not Martian Manhunter or Constantine?

It's actually Dark Comics.

I really want to get excited, but Montreal has proven they can't make good games. Sorry not sorry.

>WB montreal
its going to be Arkham Knight reused assets

Will we get to see Batdick in this game?

Who says it's Arkhamverse and isn't just a fresh start?

I WANT A DAMN FLASH GAME(Green Arrow would also be nice)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Flash game would be boring as hell, the reason why Batman works the best out of any of the more well known DC heroes in a game is because he's limited in the scope of his power, he has human limitations, but can use gadgets to make for interesting gameplay elements, enough that it's easier to arrange a game around him without making so many compromises that you would have to make when making a Superman or Flash game.

Same reason that a Green Arrow game could definitely work, he's reasonably grounded enough and has an assortment of arrows to make things interesting.

>inb4 Joker's back

>Joker comes back from Hell

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF PLAY

>The only way for bruce to defeat the talon is to summon Joker back from his mind-prison

Didn't someone from Rocksteady say they were moving on to a dream project? Is there a chance it's not even DC related?

Constantine has never been associated with Detective Comics

they're detectives and are in comics tho

>Is there a chance it's not even DC related?
No, Jason Schreier said it's about a DC superhero team and it's not JL.

Constantine isn't a detective

>The guys in charge of the DCEU
>Not in the business of throwing money down a tube

But Joker is dead.

he was in Hellblazer
maybe not profesionally but he did detective work

He was a conman, not a detective

This will happen

He was a mage, a necromancer, a faggot, and a hobo

He did whatever was needed to be done to get what he wants, at times it was to look for clues and interogate people
The arc with him looking for a killer of his friend, feeding him acid and locking him in a morgue with her corpse had legit deducting in it

Hope it's Batman Beyond, because at this point I'm just really bored of Bruce.

Attached: batman beyond 3.gif (473x220, 413K)

Batmobile = NO BUY

Arkham style game with Batman Beyond would be fucking awesome

>Ra's
>ever dead
kek

Bearing in mind that this is Montreal and also various rumors about the project that have floated around for years, I'd imagine this is a sequel to Origins, prequel still to Asylum. Joker will still be alive if that's the case and he'll almost assuredly appear but there's no way he'll turn out to be the big bad AGAIN.

It's actually "A Superman Detective Comics Publication"

>Reminder: Batman debuted within its 27th issue.

Attached: Detective_Comics_1.jpg (1400x1906, 950K)

You comment will jinx it

I wish they made the cancelled proposed sequel to knight using the nemesis system, but maybe they'll use that in this game

I hope that rumored Court of Owls game isn't coming true. It sounded boring as hell.

it is

Even Gotham quickly swept the Court of Owls under the rug when they realized there wasn't anything they could do with them. IIRC they made them under the control of the League of Shadows.

It's Suicide Squad. Somebody discovered through ArtStation that Rocksteady hired many art designers for very realistic guns.

Whos going to be race swapped and whos going to be sex swapped?

The problem with that is Batman Beyond doesn't fit well within the Arkham world. If it didn't tie into the other games, maybe...

This should be the start of a new universe, or just a standalone game. The Arkhamverse is played out at this point.

Looks Demons Head likely Ra's al Ghul

Terry Mcginnis vs Damian Wayne
Who is gonna become the new Batman successor

it was poorly tuned for Computers but it was a fairly good close out to the series

it was trash, though. Even the "do a bunch of tedious bullshit" ending was vague as shit

The story was trash but city's was too

The real egregious thing is that they sacrificed gameplay for the fucking tank and the tank sucked

Or make a game about other DC heroes. I'm tired of Batman

actually its Detective Comics Comics

meh, it's going to be sjw shit like everything these days.
the original arkham games were great but they came around long before sjw/feminist took over.

It's Old Bruce training Terry.

God imagine if they did the plotline from Beyond where Ra's comes back in Talia's body and tries to seduce Bruce.

and the city felt way more cramped than in the actual City game.

Maybe its a whole project fixing the mistake hat was Knight

Sure, but this was teased during Batman day, so it's going to be a Batman game.

Did raimi write this?

I'm fine with that. Just do straight up Beyond, ignore the rest. You don't need to reference the Joker's death just have the Jokerz in the game.

The rumors are about a Court of Owls game but the symbol here is clearly a reference to the League of Assassins and Ra’s al Ghul, anyway the game is either Arkham Origins sequel or a reboot of the franchise since Arkham Knight just fucked everything up.

I can see a Green Arrow game that takes place in the same universe as the arkhamverse.

There are 3 more symbols

Origins is a better game than Knight

Attached: 1569195029724.png (750x1090, 379K)

god I really hope it's not Court of Owls just so I don't have picture Scott Snyder's smug fucking face

I'd also be find with it being it's own thing and not Arkham related or even have Arkham in the name. I'm fucking tired of everything having to be related to that fucking Aslyum in the series.

How was Arkham Knight related to the asylum besides the name?

The final boss will be... The Batman Who Laughs.

why you mad, wish it king so more batcat could be shoved in?

because Snyder fucking sucks, my dude. What does King have to do with it?

oh god oh no oh no please rocksteady come back
yes

plz no

A GAAS superhero team game that apparently isn’t related to Batman.
Nobody knows what team but it apparently isn’t Justice League. People are assuming Suicide Squad or like a build your own hero like game at this point because we know basically nothing.

>a build your own hero like game
please god, I need a real successor to City of Heroes and not a half-assed Kickstarter MMO that won't come out for 20 years

Haven’t heard any other rumors about this game in a while, but after the Damian game was scrapped some user posted some rumors about this game.

>based off of Court of Owls
>set after Origins
>Batman and Robin are playable
>the Robin is Dick
>had a new map
>Court busts Batman villains out of Arkham to distract him

The first one ended up being right so I guess we’ll see how much of the rest are.
Setting after Origins would probably be the best idea considering how Knight fucked with everything, but they probably want all the DLCs.

>The first one ended up being right so I guess we’ll see how much of the rest are.
That was leaked by WB Montreal's own employees over a year ago

I would fucking love that

>tfw Bruce ends up in the role of Timmverse Tim in the return of the Joker. Or worse. Bruce infected Tim without us being aware.

Or Jason. Imagine that.

But the logo has some owlish eyes.

>Hyping up your game for MORE THAN 4 YEARS
>It's Suicide Squad

I'll happily take BatCat over Court of Owls. It's an utterly retarded retread of what Morrison did, just like all of Snyder's Batman work.

this

i really didn't like arkham knight

>The Batman Who Laughs.
who will he be voiced by, mark hammil, kevin conroy, or some bizare hodgepoge mixture of both?
since we know troy and Rodger will be joker and batman

About damn time
>Inb4 Black Mask fakeout again

going back and playing knight and wow, its not as good as city
Gameplay wise it feels like they shove the batmobile everywhere and don't let you play around as much on foot
the story is ass as well, Dinni really cared the writing for the first two I guess
Did the season of infamy at least have good writing for freeze and the rest?

City's story was kinda shit

Seasons of Infamy fucking sucked
>hey remember that boss from City?
>yeah that one everyone loved
>the one everyone still praises to this day
>well he's back as paid DLC!
>and guess what the final battle of his mission is!
>that's right!
>ANOTHER FUCKING TANK BATTLE

at least the characters came off as natural, in Knight they kinda feel half assed line wise or in scarecrows case get written into completely different characters then they were in asylum that it feels kinda forced

Asylum Scarecrow wasn't really a character
Knight Scarecrow wasn't really either but at least he had really cool VA

True, I think they were trying to go with a new batman adventures thing with him by giving him a deeper voice and a redesign

Thank God I bought that METAL event, k

I liked Black Mirror

fuck didn't finish. *knew those shitty characters would become popular

I wonder if they're going to shoot themselves in the foot by pushing Damian over Terry again, assuming this is Arkham Beyond

Please.
Terry ftw

>Terry Game
>second playable character is Static
would fund/10

>Justice League Beyond DLC following the Starro-Superman storyline and an optional Aquagirl romance.

The game just writes itself

Honestly, unless Rocksteady or WB Montreal creates a game called "BATMAN: BEYOND ARKHAM" and I get to fly around beating up folks in Neo Gotham, I can give a flying fuck about about another Arkham game.

I;m so done with this series. Can't they think of anything else?

How fucked is this game if it gets compared to spiderman ps4?

Gameplay wise Spider-man is inferior to Batman, but story is really great.