What was your opinion on Final Crisis?

What was your opinion on Final Crisis?

Attached: 81cgEhwV5bL.jpg (1400x2153, 281K)

Attached: 502.jpg (351x359, 19K)

Kinogræphië

Some of the side issues were cool, but Final Crisis itself was the worst thing Morrison ever wrote. Doesn't help that Death of the New Gods was shit too.

I liked how it ended. but I honestly remember nothing else about it. I mean, its not 52

The premise is great...but goddamn, Morrison..keep your focus straight.

A boring waste of time. I read it in single issues, which apparently was a mistake because they had to "correct" some things for the collected edition, which is apparently the """proper""" and """definitive""" version.

Dear Hack Fraud Morrison: If I'm not supposed to read the single issues, then don't release it in single issues. Wait until it's actually ready before you release it, instead of just shoving it out the door at the first opportunity. Don't fuck shit up yourself and then tell me it's my fault for reading it wrong.

>It's a brainlet episode

The main book suffered greatly from having to include arcs and characters from the time ins and in order to understand what was going on you had to read those tie ins. But other than that it had some really great moments. It's not Grant's best work but it's far from his worse work.

I don't read Crisis events. Never have. Not one.

First time through I had no idea what was going on. Second time after having read a LOT more DC and watching Brave & the Bold I loved it. It's a book that really rewards you the more knowledge you have of the DC Universe. That said it's not the kind of book that should ever have been the mainstream event book.

Attached: tumblr_oykvwzJe1j1wsm64uo4_540.jpg (539x810, 147K)

I sure as fuck ain't paying £70 for a HC of this, that's what I think.

>Morrisonfag without an argument
Typical.

You even say "episode" instead of "issue", as expected from someone with no real interest in comics.

You have Morrison lodged deep up his own ass on one hand, and you have editorial messing with an already messy story on the other. Great concept obviously

The ultimate pleb filter.

You aren't supposed to read death of the new gods dipshit

Wow you actually are stupid

Too deep for me.
It was basically Rock of Ages on a quantumplasmic god-pill.

If it's not supposed to be read then why did they publish it?

>replies hours later in an attempt to get the last word
>still no argument

Great. I'd recommend to read a "New Edition". It contains few extra issues. (I'd also recommed reading Grant Morrison's "Seven Soldiers" before FC),

Attached: Final Crisis DX.jpg (325x500, 31K)

>You aren't supposed to read the event that fucking led into Final Crisis before Final Crisis
Was I not supposed to read Countdown either?

No. You weren't.

My favorite event
Can't wait for the reprint of the omnibus

>he read Countdown

Attached: simp.png (479x355, 300K)

What made Multiversity work and not this?

Grant Morrison took way too many drugs.

I really love it, but there are some issues with the main book which are mainly corrected by the collected edition. I say mainly because it unfortunately had to fit in to the current DCU, which means I'll always be reminded of the stupid fucking shittery of the Alpha Lanterns plot.

It's essential reading for someone who wants to understand the complexities of the DCU. It's huge, weird, reflexive, and extremely orderly.

Also the additions to the Darkseid mythos are so choice.

I only remember that thing where someone says a rubik cube can't be solve in less than 18 moves. then a guy does it in 17 and becomes magic. Which was nearly the same as the guy from ASS trying to sum up reality in a haiku, then Luthor does it effortlessly when tripping out.

hilariously bad post

do you think morrison is in charge of dc's publishing schedule lol

I like it but it has flaws. And no, it's not flawed because it's hard to understand. It's actually very straightforward until the very last issue, where it goes nonlinear on you. It's flawed because Mister Miracle's magical roadtrip and Renee's Checkmate adventure kinda went nowhere and ended on a wet fart. The subplots didnt' pay off while the main plot was resolved well.

Not trolling here, potentially ignorant. I didn't enjoy Final Crisis partially because I didn't enjoy the lead-in events. Why was I supposed to read Final Crisis (the 7-issue limited series) without the year of shit leading up to it?

One of my absolute favorite events and one of the few, if not the ONLY ones, that actually had something to say. I'd still say it were heavily flawed though. It really needed another few issues to show Darkseid's reign more, because as it was, it was kinda rushed. The main book should've been like 10-12 issues instead of just 7.

I'm still disappointed that we never got to see Darkseid wearing pic related much because it's literally the best design he's ever had.

>It's a book that really rewards you the more knowledge you have of the DC Universe. That said it's not the kind of book that should ever have been the mainstream event book.
That's what I love about it and DC. As much as I hate Dan Didio, I do love that he actually gives the keys to Morrison and just lets him do whatever the fuck he wants, in all of his crazy, mad glory. The only thing about that though, is that other writers hardly ever acknowledge anything Morrison does, which sucks because his concepts are consistently great.

Attached: darkseid fc.jpg (900x1354, 161K)

because its shit and morrison probably didnt even read it. in general don't bother reading comics that dc executives tell you are 'important', read comics that have good writer's and artist's names on the cover.

would you read before watchmen before reading watchmen?

>Renee's Checkmate adventure kinda went nowhere
Not completely wrong but I did like where Renee's story seemed to be going, as a sort of Multiversal director for shit involving Brother Eye that would've eventually given us the future of OMAC. I always thought how cool it was that Morrison tied that all together.

they both work, and both are great

Watchmen was released before the abortion of a prequel, so the intended reading order is obvious.
DC built this shit up for A FUCKING YEAR, with what seemed at the time like supplementary material coming out every goddamn week.

I liked it. There's a hell of a lot going on, but it is not complex at all. For someone not up to date on what was going on in the universe at the time, this book would be too chaotic to make sense I suppose though.

why would you read it if its by some random hack and clearly terrible? did you read the pandora ongoing as well? did you read worlds end? theres always countless terrible tie ins to any big event but at the end of the day DC or Marvel are going to collect the main series into one trade paperback which won't include the Oh So Important OMAC Project issue 5, so of course something like final crisis can be read without all the tie ins by different authors who are probably clueless about what morrison was actually trying to achieve.

OMAC Project was one of the better tie-ins from Infinite Crisis.

Peak kino

Meh.
But the threads were fun.

Dan Didio completely butchered FC.