So with the Tynion Batman news, I’m curious about his other work. He’s working on JLD right now right? How is it?

So with the Tynion Batman news, I’m curious about his other work. He’s working on JLD right now right? How is it?

Attached: 0B79B5D6-CF31-42F5-BB8D-5A603BF9D0EA.jpg (1280x1968, 666K)

Eh, it's fine. Not something stunningly great, but fun for what it is.

But don't worry. This thread will soon become flooded with 'people' saying the exact opposite, as if they have something to prove.

There's another JLD book? With Detective Chimp in it, is this a Shadowpact title by another name?

So what exactly is it?

Basically, the story is about Diana bringing the JLD back together in order to deal with various supernatural threats, with a few faces refusing (like Constantine), whislt others take her up on her offer.

It ties into a lot of the current Justice League run, with plots from there intertwining, but it's mostly its own beast.

JLD is dope spooky shit is going on

Tynion pls

>is this a Shadowpact title by another name?
No, it's a pale imitation of American Gothic.

Another death of magic story that's has been so popular lately that has gone for 15 issues too long.

he already wrote tec and it was really good

This guy was writing the first Rebirth title that I dropped because I was fucking sick and tired of every other arc of Tec being another fucking Kate arc. I honestly didn’t enjoy his writing very much beyond a pair of pages wherein Clayface and Cass were reading Shakespeare to help Cass with her speech. That was probably because he didn’t write most of the words on those pages tho. Can’t say that this sounds any better than New 52 or King’s run, I’ll probably stop following Batman once he takes over.

I don’t like him either but apparently he is bringing Dick back to normal so that right there is better than King

>apparently he is bringing Dick back to normal
What is this based on, not doubting you just curious?

Isn’t the guy basically Scott’s protege?

I honestly don’t care about Dick, and the way Batfags go on about King I’d assume they’d rejoice if it was Bendis taking over the title, they’re willing to accept anything at this point. One little minor fix to a character that hardly appears in the title isn’t enough to garner anything more than a passing curiosity for the title in me

Yeah but I prefer him. At least, his Tec run was ok to pretty good. Whereas I can't take a Snyder script seriously.

I like JLDark. Like another user posted it's been a pretty standard "entirely new multidimensional supernatural enemy is destroying Earth magic" kinda book. That threat has motivated villainous reactions from Hecate and the Lord's of Order, including Nabu. So the first 3 arcs have all had the same kinda macro vibe but the micro stories have been varied enough that it doesn't bother me too much.
Tynion's scripting is fine and his characterization is clear and consistent. He's even stretched his muscles in a few spots with imaginative narrative structures and single issues. If the biggest complaint is that his work is derivative and retreads the same ground, that doesn't strike me as awful.

The book definitely benefits from Alvaro Martinez Bueno. He's a very good, imaginative penciller. Colors on the book are okay, could be better.

I like it and the art is pretty nice.

Eh, kind of but not really Jim Rook(Nightmaster) was killed during Metal defending The Oblivion Bar and it’s inhabitants against The Evil Batman, Bobo(Detective Chimp) inherited the Bar and the Nightmaster Sword to protect the inhabitants of Myrra, Bobo was in a depression spiral and Daniel Cassidy (Blue Devil) offered to assist in protecting Myrra, Bobo got drunk and used a magical spell to protect the place but fucked things up even worse hightailed it and left Blue Devil there

I dont like this book because it turns all these cool vertigo type characters into dumb superhero bullshit. This book has so much potential to recapture the goth magic of old school vertigo but it's more concerned with durr I use magic bolts to hurt bad guy. These characters deserve better treatment

Justice League Dark is a retarded concept, Milligan, Lemire and DeMatteis at their worst are way better writers than Tynion

Dickfags are all disgusting and dumb

Rich The Leech is claiming that came out of the Batman Day thing today. Tynion is big on the Batfam so I kind of belive it.
He’s a fun guy