What made it so much better than other modern disney movies?

What made it so much better than other modern disney movies?

Attached: source.gif (500x272, 992K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WraKfeFtOPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

considering it's a total piece of dog shit, nothing.

wrong

I want Stitch to stick his antennae down my dickhole.

A realistic portrayal of two damaged persons who lost their parents in a tragic accident?
Nani is desperately trying to keep child services from taking away her sister and leave her lonely.

It was 96 minutes shorter than Endgame.

As much of a meme answer as it is, it had soul. The characters were fleshed out and felt like real people, they had real problems and the story flowed nicely. There was even additional depth of character visible in the backgrounds and in the actions of the characters. Lilo is a child, and therefore believes that a simple action, not feeding pudge the fish, caused something awful to happen. She is constantly taking pictures of tourists, because they take pictures of her. There was even a deleted scene that I felt would've helped people see her as less quirky and more as a native that is tired of being a tourist attraction where she points in different directions when asked several times 'which way to the beach?'

Strong setting, strong characters, solid emotional core.
Expect the inevitable live-action remake to ruin all three of those things.

Chris Sanders was involved.

Lilo is easily one of the most unique Disney protagonists now that I think about it, kid was just naturally straight up weird in a way that's rare without being lolsorandumb comic relief or some generic stereotypical nerdy kid.

the found family aspect, the political undertones, the relatable themes, and a robust supporting cast that wasn't just a few mascot characters following the main characters around.

modern disney stuff feels really barren, like nobody has a life of their own outside their relationship with the leads. especially since the bulk of disney movies these days are one guy, one girl, and an animal braving the forces of nature on their own pretty much the entire second act. They also have only a single narrative thread from beginning to end. L&S had: Stitch trying to fit in, Nani trying not to lose custody of Lilo, and Jumba trying to capture Stitch to avoid a death sentence.
but the modern stuff, Tangled, Frozen, Moana, its like if you took Lord of the Rings and cut out everybody except Sam, Frodo, and Gandlaf.

To be honest though, it was a problem before L&S. Alladdin had that problem too and only got away with it because of Robin Williams.

>but the modern stuff, Tangled, Frozen, Moana, its like if you took Lord of the Rings and cut out everybody except Sam, Frodo, and Gandlaf.
I'm sorry but I just realized Gandalf is the fucking animal companion in this equation and lost my shit at the idea of fucking Gandalf-but-he's-a-squirrel.

This, unironically. The characters aren't just automatons to drive a story, they feel as if they're authentic humans with their own thoughts that we only get a surface level of in the movie (just like we only get a surface level of most other people's thoughts IRL). Things happen to them, they are not instruments of the things happening.

fpwp

The alien gang bang scene.

ironically, from his perspective in LOTR its everyone else that are his funny talking animal companions, that he feels really bad they got caught up in this divine conflict he has with Sauron

The King, baby.
TCB.

Attached: C&R4.jpg (1045x1565, 897K)

Why did the frog try to save Stitch? He only interacted with him for like 10 seconds and most of that was Stitch threatening to shoot him.

Attached: source.gif (396x238, 363K)

When you live on an island, every direction will get you to some kinda beach eventually.

Exactly. The fact that the tourists had to ask shows just how dumb they are. That one guy who asked Lilo if she spoke English didn't even give a thank-you, just a condescending asshole. Lilo was technically telling the truth, but the fact that she was pointing in different directions showed that she was still being a bit of a smart ass, even though it was justified.

I wish more animated films and cartoons had kid characters that actually acted like a kid, but I guess that requires good writing and it's easier to just make them seem mature for their age at all times.

a clear theme

Original story

not a shitty remake

not live action

It has a hot chick in a bikini.

an original, well-told story
excellent animation
a very unique and memorable soundtrack
a broad cast of deep characters that aren't just their archetypes

>you will never rub your dick on Nani's feet

>Gandalf-but-he's-a-squirrel.

Attached: file.png (480x360, 240K)

Shame most of her feet art online are shit.

You can get better stuff just making screencaps.

Lilo's foot art is better

Nani?

It had scenes like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=WraKfeFtOPs

How do you feel about the eventual live action remake?

depressed

They'll cast an ugly actress to play Nani. Just you wait.

As long as Lilo spends the entire movie in sandals like the original then I'm A OK.

I guarantee if it gets made they'll cast Auli'i Cravalho

>Auli'i Cravalho
Works for me.

Experimental Disney Era Tier list

Great Tier
>Treasure Planet
>Emperor's New Groove
>Lilo & Stitch

Good Tier
>Fantasia 2000
>Atlantis
>Bolt

Meh Tier
>Dinosaur
>Brother Bear
>Meet the Robinsons

Shit Tier
>Home on the Range
>Chicken Little

yeah she's cute

but it would still be an unnecessary live action remake and it would still be terrible

Treasure Planet is flawed enough that I'd put it in Good Tier at most

Chicken Little is better than Treasure Planet and Bolt sucks

>Chicken Little is better than Treasure Planet
lolno

Chicken Little is the shittiest film in the Disney Canon.

no meet the robinsons is

Imagine having taste as shitty as this.

Knock Bolt down a tier

Because it was made for the sake of making a good film and not money. I'm watching it now.

Attached: 1569091623148.gif (800x450, 237K)

atmosphere

Jonh Lasseter loathed the film, that's why.

Attached: John.jpg (985x554, 84K)

They deleted way too many good scenes

Nani and Lilo are living together.

>Chicken Little is better than Treasure Planet
Insane.
>and Bolt sucks
Correct.