Rogues Gallery Challenge

Now that Doctor Doom is getting a solo ongoing, and it seems as they're pushing him individually, F4, aside, try and come up with a Rogues Gallery for him. Bonus: Come up with a general Supporting Cast.

Attached: EEC44SWWsAA_5A- (2).jpg (584x662, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/articles/comics/exclusive-the-first-look-inside-doctor-doom-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every issue should be about Doom entertaining foreign diplomats at dinner. Dracula, Namor, T'Challa, Black Bolt, people like that. Hilarity ensues.

Latverian Royalty as Ghosts (or one being made up of ghosts) who seek to reclaim Latveria

>Doom is haunted
>has to find a priest to exorcise his castle
>to do this he needs to contact the Vatican
>Doom enjoys his visit to the Vatican so much he converts to Catholicism, goes to seminary and runs for pope
Pope Doom, coming soon to a comic store near you.

>Doom enjoying Catholicism
Not happening. But I’d buy it if it crossed over with The Young Pope.

Attached: DDF171EB-938F-4511-BFBC-F95223B4AE4D.jpg (800x500, 409K)

I'm not saying he'd enjoy Catholicism, but rather the opulent palace filled with millennia of booty.

Latveria is Orthodox though. I don't see him "betraying" his country for booty. In regular Doom fashion he'd just go "Catholic Heretics REEEEEEE" and just ransack the Vatican.

And I'm saying he'd be smarter than that and would pull an inside job.

It's not about being smarter or not, it's about honor and duty. He wouldn't convert to a religion he'd consider false simply to ransack a place. Jesus man, he's a head of state, he's not some spy who's whatever the job needs him to be.

>thinking the conversion would be genuine
user you're not even trying to see things from my point of view. All you're doing is tearing things down, man.

Attached: Pope Cerebus.jpg (582x752, 120K)

It doesn't matter if it's genuine or not. It's still abandoning your honor for easy gains. That's not Doom's way of doing things.

Your ideas probably suck too.
Jerk.

Attached: Never leave Latveria without it.jpg (1608x2098, 606K)

>get told that it's OOC
>"REEEEE fuck u"
Real classy user. But honestly, you sound more like a woman, or a faggot.

Attached: 1496636690435.jpg (599x657, 136K)

>still has no ideas of his own
Do it faggot

Attached: sienkiewicz_doom_cover.jpg (1060x1630, 300K)

I would love to see him fighting against a British black ops team lead by Psylocke, featuring Union Jack and Black Knight, that want to steal his magical secrets, among them perhaps the location of the Holy Grail, which could involve the Arthurian aspects of both Excalibur (the team and the sword) as well as Dane's legacy. It could even reference the classic old issues where Iron Man and Doom went back in time. A book about a character who has been primarily depicted as a villain should often have heroes as the antagonists in my opinion. Doctor Strange could ask how Victor's mother is resting in the beyond and piss him off by daring to care about his spiritual wellness. A rivalry between him and Magneto over what happened with Wanda would be nice, because rather than sweeping NO MORE MUTANTS under the rug I want it addressed, and I would love to see a "Brotherhood" X-Team that is primarily Magneto and his children operating a tad off-script from the new Xavier dream to secure the rights of Latverian mutants and seed Krakoa there (I'm a tad behind on the new books, so if this has already happened then at least it could be referenced in this new solo book). I don't want the book to be a propagandist piece painting Doctor Doom as Earth's greatest hero, although it featuring heavy propaganda as a story element would be fun. I prefer my Doom Wank smothered in the rage of a man who loves himself so much he can't even look at himself, and I like him better when he's portrayed as a super-powered dictator beloved by a blindly-loyal peasantry. I would also enjoy at least a small nod to the 2099 timeline, because that Doom was our Doom thrown forward in time. Perhaps a 2099 Exiles-esque team comes back in time to assassinate him. I don't know, these are just a few ideas off of the top of my head.

Attached: boomboom von doom.jpg (1924x2795, 372K)

More Excalibur is always fun.

Doom is a jack like Spider-Man so a figure a similar sort of thing. have most of them happen to have their mask be a big part of their identity in some way or another
a sorceror with a magic mask that happens to want the same magic object Doom needs. huge show-off that goes out of his way to use more difficult magic than necessary. Sees Doom as a boring sourpuss with no imagination.
A cyborg or robot that has no facial features and is a master of technology. Introduced impersonating a doombot. Little more than a mercenary that has no real scruples and it just in it for the money.
An alien king with a similar schtick to Black Panther; where a masked identity is handed down from one king to the next. A brilliant tactition but limited by not actually having a particularly large army or wealth of resources . But with the Shiar, Kree, Skrulls, and the Nova Force all in various degrees of shambles and crisis, thinks now is the perfect time to become the next galactic superpower. Isn't actually interested in conquering Earth since A) its gone badly for everyone that's tried so far, and B) the only notable thing about it is how hard it is to conquer. Other than that its a war-torn planet of cultists and super-barbarians that just aren't protecting anything this kingdom wants. So a lot of the conflicts with Doom are esoteric political manouvering where these guys are trying to engineer situations where Earth gets implicated in galactic conflicts involving their enemies and escalate the losses on both sides, while Doom tries to diffuse the situation because he doesn't want Latveria to be one of many victims of a sudden colony drop because SHIELD are unknowingly sheltering an escaped war criminal that's convinced them he's innocent or some such
and to round things off, some immortal narcisist who can make nigh-infinite constructs out of clay and uses this power to live in a palace surrounded by loyal slaves, who's loathe to admit antagonizes Doom out of loneliness

Attached: 1445961839411.jpg (444x611, 113K)

I love the team and the sword. I especially loved the version of the team lead by Nightcrawler, and would love some nods to that era even if just background props in their HQ.
For bonus points, Doom could follow the team back to their British HQ and it could be a gateway for all of those fun Marvel UK characters from the late 80's and early 90's to show up briefly (and a good cross-promotion for the Death's Head book, which I want to be good quality and succeed so badly that I wouldn't mind some blatant cross-promotion).

On the 2099 situation, maybe Punisher 2099 gets sent back in time by a rogue ex-Alchemax scientist in an attempt to punish the entire timeline's worth of criminals. Time travel is fun when you lean heavily into the absurdity of the concept, so a character like Jake who is clearly some kind of pastiche of the macho 80's steam-factory-future films that featured time travel heavily opens the door for some serious fun. It also opens the door for a Doom 2099/Modern Doom crossover of paradoxical ramifications, like him getting the idea to go to the future from Jake coming back to kill him while they're both in Doom's past as they fight across time, intersecting his Iron Man time travel issues and ending with the crazy notion of the UK and Latveria as allies with Doom wielding Excalibur.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks about this particular page from a New Mutants Annual.

I'm not sharing any concrete villains, but rather one-shot stories or at best mini-arcs.
>1.
Some galactic empire far off sends groups of scientists to observe lesser evolved planets, civilizations and the like. Some of them go rogue and go around "ascending" said civilizations. They come to Earth and land around the Balkans. Doom picks up their scent and goes "fuck off ayyylmao faggots, we don't want your help" and beats the shit out of them. He then steals some tech. You can have one survive and keep the door open for more of them, or just said guy looking for revenge, coming back.
>2.
Some Pussy Riot Tier group of stupid cunts arrives in Latveria and starts fucking things up. The whole arc is about how Latveria, and generally hat part of Europe, is "backwards" and the like. They get around with it for quite some time. They go on talk shows, they give interviews. There is solidarity with their equivalents in other countries. Things start "changing" in country, and the whole time Doom is occupied with other matters. Towards the end of the arc, while everything seems to be working as intended, their supporters betray them, raise a Folk Court and condemn them to death. Doom deliberately let it get that far to test the people. Whoever else was actually loyal to their cause is abducted and killed in an epilogue.
>3.
A secret cabal of rich industrialists, aristocrats and the like, who move from country to country after each party due to the amount of blood they spill. Thinking they've grown too powerful, they decide to get off on the danger this time, and set up the party in Latveria. You get info on how powerful they are, how everything was planned, just to answer any "but why didn't they look into that" questions. Then the party happens and you see everything that goes in there. A few days later when they decide to leave the mansion turns into a prison. Yadda, yadda, yadda, details ommited, Doombots(!); and they get stuck in Doom's torture chambers.

Attached: 1510074193901.png (300x300, 47K)

I'd read the fuck out of this.

Dr Doom verses The Squadron Supreme, specifically the two Nighthawks and Doom get's punched by Hyperion so hard he has be retroactively replaced by aDoombot. He is uninjured but we discover that Doom's predictive mind has been having trouble predicting two Batman analogues, a Superman analogue and a mentally ill Wonder woman analogue. He decides to stop fighting them and cuck Hyperion instead, and asks the mentally ill Power Princess from Absolute Power out on a couple of dates. We, the reader follow them on their date where Doom finds out the answers to all the Strazinski secrets of Hyperion and Power Princess's race, Kryptonian analogues.
The audience doesn't find out about the Kryptonian secrets but we see Doom enjoying himself gaining power through a social setting.

Tying off from Victor's attempt to replace Tony as Iron Man, Dr Doom refuses to accept defeat on that front and doubles down not only trying to be Iron Man but create his own Avengers. Instead of going character for character Doom recruits silver age Avenger nd Spider-man villains who have tried to go straight in the past. How team consists of Absorbing Man, Sandman, Titania and Whiplash. Otto Octavious tries to join the team and hilarity ensues.

Dr Doom rescues Nick Fury.
Dr Doom throws Valeria Richard a surprise birthday party every 3 months because of her accelerated aging. She never sees it coming despite being so smart and it being every 90 days. Eventually she tells him to stop because she is a grown up.
Dr Strange Saucier Surpreme.
Dr Doo. 2020 visits 2099 just out of curiosity, hilarity ensues, Doom barely makes it out alive, maybe some nano-tech goop almost makes it through but Doom catches it and dissolves it in the flames of the sun.
The Armory of Doom, branching off from the 2099 story above Dr Doom spends his time reminiscing on his different armors.

How about starting with existing characters that can be used as enemies and supporting cast for Doom?

>Boris (last name unknown)
Doom's loyal aide
>Kristoff Vernard
Doom's ward, once had his brain overwritten with a copy of Doom's mind
>Dreadknight
A Latverian scientist who planned to overthrow Doom, who punished him by fusing a metal mask to his face
>Darkoth
A former astronaut turned into a demon-like monster by Doom
>The Faceless One
An alien that attempted to conquer Latveria several times
>The Doomsman
An android created by Doom that rebelled against him, and led a rebellion of his robot armies
>Dimitri Forunov
Last known member of the Latverian royal family Doom replaced
>Doombot
The renegade Doombot from the Avengers AI team
>Lancer, Divinity, Shakti & Technarx
Doom's generals on Counter-Earth
>Alexander Flynn
Mutant hypnotist, claimed to be Doom's son
>Caroline le Fey
Claims to be the daughter of Morgan le Fey and Doom, banished to the present
>Lucia von Bardas
Former elected prime minister of Latveria when Doom was dead, now a cyborg terrorist

These are dead, but could be brought back:
>Gustav Hauptmann & Gert Hauptmann
Scientists who worked for Doom but were killed by him
>Valeria (last name unknown)
Doom's first love, until he killed her and wore her skin
>Victor Von Doom II
Doom's 'son' was actually a clone of Doom with the FF's powers, who rebelled against him
>Mechadoom
Doombot that achieved sentience and wanted to bring freedom and independence to all robots

Also Doom's friendship/rivalry with Namor and Kang, his dealings with other nations, through Silver Sable, Black Panther and Black Bolt, interactions with villains like Magneto, Red Skull and Dracula, plus Morgan le Fey and Scarlet Witch as the women who hate him.

Did Bendis actually bring Doom's mother back?

Attached: only way out.png (1300x668, 1.73M)

Dr. Mood. Essentially, bizarro doom.

How would that even work? Doom’s already moody.

Doom in Space.
Doom and Black Book chillin on the Moon.
Doom dates evil Harpies, episode 367; Deathbird
Doom dates evil Harpies, episode 242; Madame Mask
Doom in Kree Space, a four hour argument against The Supreme Intelligence, Superior Dock Ock tags along.
Dr Doom in Space, Doom in Skrul l territory; idk, shape shifters and movie synergy, "lol".
Dr Doom in Space Galactus has cool armor.
Dr Doom and The Mole Man, Inconsequential kingdoms, who are you calling inconsequential!?

>Bizarro
Name's Mood, but is extremely cheerful and söyishly bubbly

Is he like a Tulsa or something?

I feel like you need some more "costumed" characters in there. So Boris would have to be sidelined and used only as a familial of sorts connection, while someone else takes over the role of aide. Think Henry VIII, then add Cromwell, Wolsey and all the others.

Mr. Good Writer.

An English professor at Harvard, he basically roasts Doom for his unbeliavable story everytime they interact.

"Wait, heroes trust you to raise their children even though you often kill and torture them? Who wrote this garbage?"

"There goes Dr. Doomwank, becoming omnipotent for the 3rd time this year. Such a creative story!"

"Your country is a global superpower, even though it's the size of a nut, it has no resourcers, it produces nothing and all the citizens are farmers? Who was the imbecil thay wrote this?"

"Oh, you were defeated but it wasn't you, it was actually a robot that looked exactly like you, and that has happened everytime you were defeated? If I knew that modern readers are so dumb that this impresses them, I would never have studied to be an academic."

And so on.

To win, Doom must prove that things like "Heroes trust Doom to raise their children" is good writing, but not even his annual omnipotence is powerful enough.

Well Tommy, at least you're trying new things.

>Well Tommy, at least you're trying new things.
And that is what makes me better than Doomwank writers and Doomwank readers.

The solicitations already spoiled that this will be another Doom sob story, with Blue Marvel discovering that Doom isn't a villain, but aktually a misunderstood hero, which makes this the 3848th story of the kind.

To continue to praise such garbage of a repetitive story while calling it "the apex of writing" and "masterpiece of fiction"... how dumb you have to be?

Okay Tommy, okay. There, there...

Attached: 1568939978386.webm (640x680, 402K)

Doom needs a Harem full of Dejah Thoris looking women.
>French Slut
>Italian Slut
>Greek Slut
>Scottish Slut
>etc
Make them 7 or 6.

Attached: elias-chatzoudis-dejah-thoris-0-2nd-version-by-elias-chatzoudis-dbvs3c6.jpg (644x990, 212K)

The Doom Maidens, an elite body guard unit consisting of women from different nationalities!

He already has Victorious. But come on, stop with this"women bodyguards" meme. They're a Harem, his Muses.

Gaddafi had them...

>>while calling it "the apex of writing" and "masterpiece of fiction"... how dumb you have to be?
You're the only one who does this

Yeah, but Doom is DOOM. Like I said, he already has Victorious. Are we going to pretend some 100 lbs woman is gonna be beating up some Slav strongfat guy he could have in his army? Let the guy have a Harem that he never uses for its intended purpose and always just utilizes them as sculpting/painting models or just gazes at them for inspiration, because he's autistic about sex.

>they finally manage to have sex with him
>IT WAS ONLY A DOOMBOT

I'm just hoping she appears more often in that solo, while finding another source for her powers since Galactus is no longer there to provide them.

Attached: Victorious_Zora-Vukovic.jpg (685x1011, 301K)

>he watches the tapes and masturbates once a week, as is clinically prescribed; no thots will rob him of his creative juices!

They released some preview pages earlier this week. marvel.com/articles/comics/exclusive-the-first-look-inside-doctor-doom-1

Attached: doom2019001005_col1.jpg (500x760, 65K)

>My liege, what are you doing?
>Doom is posing
>Posing for who?
>For whom
>I'm sorry?
>Doom forgives you

It's funny cause it's in character.

Attached: 1534975907020.jpg (700x700, 32K)

>she's there
Thank you, all I wanted to know. I'm picking this up.
Also Larroca isn't half bad in this one.

Yeah, I'm picking it up as well. I cancelled it to make room for Punisher Soviet thinking Larocca would bring his B-Game, but now that Deathstroke is ending and I have room, I'll be adding it again. It honestly looks really promising. I liked that short story the writer wrote in War Scrolls.

>You're the only one who does this
There are people doing this ITT.

Point us to a post that does this.

Tommy, you're worse than Doomwank.
You're more repetitive and less creative. You're not actually informative or interesting. You're a cancer.

Mephisto
Reed Richards
Black Panther
Magneto
Chthon

Why hasn't Doom wrecked those uppity darkies yet, anyway?

Of all the surviving characters on that list, Boris is one of the few that isn't 'costumed'. By all means add some new or existing characters as a support cast, but Doom's most trusted aide being an old man that knew him since his childhood and can act as his conscience is something worth keeping.

Sure, not sying otherwise. Just that he should be his right-hand or anything. He's an old geezer, nothing more skills-wise.

Beautiful post. Thanks, continuityanon.

He has, you just don't read comics.

>muh DoomWar
Damn user, you're like some kinda comic historian or something? Knowing about such a hidden gem and all...