How was she able to hear the stories over and over again when she just showed up to earth?

How was she able to hear the stories over and over again when she just showed up to earth?

Attached: SpinelALMOSTdaypalette.png (350x390, 44K)

She told them flatly that she had been watching the news broadcast on a loop.

The same way you can listen to the same song over and over until you get sick of it.

But over and over again? What, like twice.

She played them on loop on the way to Earth to psych herself up, like when I play depressing songs while I drive to the bridge.

Also I imagine it took her a while to procure a fucking giant injector with biopoiso so I'm sure she had time to watch it more than once before heading towards earth.

The broadcast probably replayed itself, and she watched it a few more times just to be sure she didn't hallucinate the entire thing

It was a short broadcast. She could have watched it hundreds of time in the time it took Steven to warp home and reconnect with everyone back in Beach City.

Really ? You're apraoching me? Instead of running away , you're comming right towards me?

Nah, I think I'll just abandon you and leave you all alone instead. Probably won't even hug you.

She would have been listening to it on her way, from when Steven ended the message to the point she showed up. Besides the message being pretty short, it's clear there's a skip in between when the gems run up to the cliff overlooking Beach City at the end of "Happily Ever After" to when they are all on the hill with the lighthouse, opposite Beach City. It looks like it would be a 20 minute walk IRL if they walked back from there. Maybe shorter if they doubled back to the warp pad in Little Homeworld, but even that's not clear, and they'd still need time to walk up the hill from Beack City. What is clear is that Spinel doesn't arrive exactly at the end of "Happily Ever After" in-universe.

Guys! OMFG!
She only changed to her new form after hearing the Steven broadcast, right? RIGHT?
That means she's literally only in her new form for like 2 minutes before attacking Earth!
How'd she come up with all that plan, prep and HATE speech in that little time OMG

Attached: final boss.jpg (1978x1310, 219K)

is she ok?

It's the equivalent of catching your wife cheating on you with a black guy, seeing a baseball bat nearby, and then beating both of them to death with it. She didn't plan shit, most likely the injector just happened to be lying around

You pulled 2 minutes from your ass. She had to make a long journey through space. She had a long time to stew.

Be real bro. See this screenshot? It only took a couple of songs from this screenshot for her to reach Earth.
I'd say 1 hour max for her transform, then to Earth.

Attached: oh shi.jpg (1771x1237, 112K)

Do you think she pulled the giant injector out of her ass?

She had to go get that shit, and it's shown she flew it in from space, not that she teleported.

She had plenty of time to listen to that shit a lot.

He warps to Earth in the morning, visits Little Homeworld at noon, and meets Spinel in the evening.

Nah it would be late afternoon at most. The sun doesn't set until later when he's restoring Amethyst's memory.

Good chance she mean in her head

I can respect a villain who suddenly decides on a whim to haul ass to some backwater planet and totally destroy it without thinking twice

Still an extremely short time for her to come up with all that.
Point being, she just experienced her new form and new thoughts for less than a day.
That fucked up.

No, it's a long ass time.

>it's a long ass time.

... Half a day?

Yes. It isn't complicated.

thats not how space and time works

she is way the fuck out there somewhere billions of lightyears away. If it "took her a while" to make it to Earth, Steven and co woulda been dead ages before Spinel was even thinking of getting the injector. Steven Universe is fucking deus ex machina the show tho, so we all take these stupid plot holes for granted.

Attached: What+_ac55d84eadcb1654ef8afdf40b9bfde2.jpg (127x120, 5K)

Your definition of 'long ass time' is complicated.

She grabbed a pink weapon, climbed on the pink ship, and hauled ass to Earth with the media player on a loop. If anything she took longer than necessary.

she wanted to sit in her own seething

>I only suspend my disbelief for SOME things, not all.
Yeah, and magical gem creatures who can go back and forth from Earth in enough time to see it's major development by ship and not miss a couple hundreds of years of progress between travels is so realistic. Just because your acceptance of how advanced their space travel can be is based on what you want to bitch about now doesn't mean it's confused.

You're really set on defending intentionally sloppy writing here user. The differences are, the gem ships have ways of teleportation and LS jumping. This injector? First time ever hearing of it. Who knows what technology it has. Spinel? Sees broadcast a day before, then arrives on Earth with a grand plan to destroy it. Arrives in a few hours. How did she know where to find all this shit she had, and where the fuck Earth was when she was standing at some garden for 6000 years? It doesn't make any sense, the show refuses to tell us how it makes sense and expects us to just ignore it. That's called "deus ex machina". It happens a LOT in the series.

Attached: 1338669016586.png (227x248, 97K)

Suspending disbelief for magic is fine, but when a show intentionally gives you scientific concepts and then expects you to ignore when it doesnt make sense. That's called bad writing.

I simply took it as kind of a cynical jab at fairy tales. I've heard the story over and over again. Just like how we've all heard the words "and they lived happily ever after." thousands of times. Which leads into how she remarks next, "Don't really like how it ends."

That was a reference to when she told them that she had been listening to the broadcast on a loop. She heard it over and over again, and didn't like how it ended.

It's already been stated that the injectors are era 1 tech. It's literally the same thing the kindergartens have been using but with a fucking poison in it. Considering era 1's upper limit is literal instant teleportation warp pads I doubt their injectors labor through space.

Your point just lends more credence that she had plenty of time to listen to this thing on repeat.

I mean you're already suspending your disbelief on scientific concepts based on the fact that you accept theirs beings out there who are derivative from earth gems from an entirely different planet that doesn't even share a solar system with us, capable of lightspeed travel, warping without destroying your form on a molecular level and can easily make technology far advanced than anything that could possibly exist at the moment.

You can say it's picking and choosing when you're supposed to ignore science when you're already ignoring it to begin with.

the timelapse of a musical is deliberately fluid

because she couldn't forget them

Rejuvantors are Era 1 tech, Peridot mentions the Era 2 ones have a much nicer sheen to them which is probably what Spinel used. It's not too big of a stretch to imagine her just hitting up a place Pink took her too once and snatching it. It's a bit contrived, but considering the whole musical thing it's easier to swallow than if it was in the series proper.

planets are all made from different compositions of minerals Earth is made of. Just because alien beings are made of a different kind of substance than humans doesnt mean the substance isnt also present on Earth. My point here, is you're defending shit world building by telling me im refusing to suspend disbelief about plot holes. Just accept it user, this show is poorly written and people want it to be better. Thats why this thread exists

Attached: 1278140518268.gif (250x250, 407K)

They also speak perfect English, but their whole naming conventions and communication might just be a capability to translate to any creature in the galaxy due to them basically being super computers.

Nah m8 you're still just choosing whenever you choose to suspend your disbelief.

If you believe that gem creatures can make devices that teleport themselves and humans instantly with no problem, light speed travel and make strides in technology that aren't even in our actual world's scope in the distant future, but them also making their planet destroying injector(that you also accept wholeheartedly) capable of travelling as fast as their ships is too much you're just looking for reasons to justify how much you don't like the movie.

It's okay user, you can just say you don't like it.

every sentence in that post had at least one word you clearly misunderstand the meaning behind

its ok, you can like a show and admit it had bad writing. Its not going to hurt you

Shut the fuck you fucking spaz

And you can admit that you didn't like the movie, and are trying hard to find major faults because you don't believe you can just not like something without going all cinemasins jr on it.

Take your own advice user.

>shut the fuck

Attached: 3df0e81e59b667388d5fb84120548241.png (568x499, 61K)

>cinemasins jr

you fucking killed him dude, well done

but i liked the movie user... AND the show. Yet i can't criticize it now without enraging shitters like you

>It only took a couple of songs from this screenshot for her to reach Earth.
You DO realize that in movies and tv shows, time doesn't always flow at the same rate as reallife, right?
We don't know how long Stevens trip through the wrap gate really took
We don't know how long he actually hang out with Connie
We don't know how long he actually talked whit Greg & Pearl
Heck, the scene at the Donut shot was clearly cut. Lars brought his cake, and suddenly the cake was cut and steven is like "I will save this for later" clearly implying he already ate something
We don't know how long he hang out with Amethyst and the CrystalTemps
and we don't know how long he and the other three were hanging around on the grass.

Half a day could have easily gone by

Look at his fucking neck having ass

Spoilers: YOU'RE BIG MAD AND I AM RIGHT is no way to endear your argument. Le angry responder vs cool, calm, chad me doesn't hit the mark anywhere but tumblr big guy.

is "lightspeed is stupid but sentient rocks makes sense" really the hill you want to die on?

i actually agree that her somehow winding up with the injector is bad writing, but i can at least forgive it due to the time constraint of the movie. showing spinel going out and getting an injector would essentially create a second plot immediately after the first with a character the audience has no interest in. while i dont like how spinel seemingly has the injector out of nowhere, the alternative of explaining all of it would be much worse. it would have been better if the garden was part of some kind of military base or something, and the injectors were just lying there to be taken. overall though the movie has better writing than usual, which makes me suspect that the regular staff didnt write it.

also, that's not what deus ex means

i think you just like to argue. i used to be like that

i think the point is spinel was not in her new form for a very long time. she practically just turned moments ago

The second part is a common thing in most media, often times there's just not enough time to explain everything so you have to overlook a few things. It leads on to rambling on and takes the focus off of things that should be more important.

We as viewers can fill in the blanks of how Spinel got an injector from a place that's just a few years removed from being a militaristic, tyrannical space empire and that's exactly what they're relying on.This is only a problem now because everyone nowadays considers themselves an amateur critic and thinks every time they aren't hand held to a conclusion it's the result of poor writing or structure.

again, HOURS have passed by.

yeah that's what i figured. thank god they didnt try to explain all of that, because you know they would have dragged that out if it was written by sucrose.

>is "lightspeed is stupid but sentient rocks makes sense" really the hill you want to die on?
user take a break. its not that serious

Hours are not long, not even for dog years.

Agreed, she does often meander on pointless things and prattles on when she could be advancing things. We all have our weaknesses as a writer though, and to be fair I don't think this is the last we'll see of Spinel. There's always the fact that they might reveal more in S6 as they love going back and explaining backstory shit like that.

its a figure of speech

apparently you think i cant accept that things were omitted for time constraints and flow. No one is arguing against that. The series has a habit of shit being resolved "just because". Dunno why me bringing that up is such an issue with you. Are most SU fans like this? Trying way too hard to deflect criticism?

let´s say she looped the message at first for half an hour, then she reformed, then it took her half an hour to get to a military base. It took her an hour to steal the machines and fly off with them, then it took her, let's say, 4 hours to get to earth

just 6 hours easily to get from the beginning of the movie to Steven. Hours ARE long to get shit done.

see
this user is probably a much better writer than me and makes a better case.

also, how am i deflecting criticism? im literally criticizing the show with you. im actually agreeing with you, but youre trying to find ways to continue an argument.
>you think i cant accept
why is this so personal to you? why are you so enveloped in "winning" this discussion? are you going to get a prize or something?

yea......
Nah.

>why are you so enveloped in "winning" this discussion?
where do you think you are?

Attached: 1370429329994.gif (460x352, 488K)

You're just making his point for him. This is Yea Forums, is winning an internet fight on the dredges of the internet that important?

where do you think you are?

haha yeah good point. guess im not much better

Attached: check em.png (461x652, 723K)

Consider those trips checked.

now kiss you dirty homosexuals

Attached: 1370209272268.jpg (480x480, 11K)

NYCC is in a couple weeks and they put out requests for questions for the panel on their twitter recently. I imagine this will get brought up.

>No repeating numbers.

Attached: voGMGTr.jpg (400x300, 47K)

Connie tells Steven "what took you so long" when he gets back to Earth, implying the time between the broadcast and Steven arriving bacon Earth was longer than what we thing, Probably a few days at least.

>memecrunch

Attached: 1349748610542.jpg (280x290, 8K)

>He doesn't just google search his memes and take them from whatever source comes.

Ain't nobody got time for that just to chase some Yea Forums clout.

you must be new here

Are you as retarded as the creators?
When the gems have ftl tech that could supposedly reach another galaxy in a short amount of time then warping from Pinks personal garden to Pinks personal warehouse and then travel to earth is nothing.

Pretty sure its just generic gem farming tool that had been laying around in the garden.
Or that diamond wholesaled their weapons now that Steven convinced them to become a pacifist civilization

jesus user...

Attached: sad frogs.png (2000x1356, 550K)

>(you)

I get the impression that the story got rewritten a couple of times in development, and that the broadcast that triggered her was supposed to be way earlier along the timeline during the two year skip, giving her months if not a year or two to stew and go crazy listening to the recording as she slow-warped her tiny ship loaded with a huge injector strapped to it towards Earth.

Attached: 1567870292449.png (1280x1343, 200K)

It’s called improv dingus she’s a jester she’s got a thug called talent, I mean come on, didn’t you see her styling all over the crystal gems and Steven. If she used an actual weapon Steven would’ve died.

>Spinel watches the broadcast over and over again
>then warps to a military base or storage area (that she knows about for some reason)
>them steals a planet killing injector (that Pink had despite not having a colony when she had Spinel)
>then steals a mind erasing scythe (that can pass through a shield that can block White Diamond's full power, and that would have put an end to the rebellion in no time at all)
>then either programs the injector to respond to her trumpeting or learns the controls
>then flies it to Earth
>in a few hours
Just accept that they didn't put much thought into it. They wanted the movie to have a ticking clock and an amnesia device, but they didn't care about the details.

narratively speaking only pearl and spinel needed to be rejuvenated
garnet and amethyst losing their memories was just filler

Amethyst I sort of understand. To get her memories back Steven and her just had fun, which meant he had fun with Spinel as a side effect. Garnet was just a total waste of time. Why did she get two full songs?

Attached: stop.jpg (1024x660, 55K)

Go hell.

fuck off

Just report him for spam or off topic or something. He's probably evading a ban from when he spammed last night.