Before Watchmen Omnibus going into reprints

>Before Watchmen Omnibus going into reprints.
>Dooms Day Clock about to reach it's conclusion.
>HBO show about to drop.

This is such a great time to be a Watchmen fan!

Attached: file.png (720x900, 982K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FumNSfY7SfI?t=120
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People who read/watch Watchmen material beyond the original aren't "fans"

Boy I can't wait to get the answers that no one fucking wanted.

Attached: 1445771335626.jpg (500x490, 48K)

I wish Alan Moore was dead so we can say that Alan Moore is rolling in his grave

It looks like a Michael Bay movie.

Watchmen 2: Watch Harder

I wish he was dead because he's a huge fag.

Why you gotta be a homophobe bro? Neil Gaiman literaly loves men but he's still a cool dude.

you don't need to be dead to go for a roll in your grave, you just need to have already dug your grave

He's alive and well, but he is rolling in his grave. It's his new thing.

At least the HBO show is using the actual book as it's stepping off point, since they still have squid imagery. Too bad ALL THIS SHIT is built off screwing the creator out of his work.

Same goes for Gaiman (more like Gayman, amirite?). Both can write good, even great stories but feel the need to constantly force their degenerate shit into everything.

I don't wish death on anyone. It probably sucks for him to hear about projects like this, but it's happened so often to his work that maybe he's become numb to it by now.

Probably. I mean, if he cared enough to super sellout, he could. But he seems content with just being one of the most influential comic writers of... ever.

He's more focused on being a wizard and a novelist now. He seems to want to put comic books behind him. He's been working on a magic instructional manual for ages now.

Man... is it bad that Alan Moore still that much more interesting than anything to do with this tv show? I'm not even that against he idea of a tv show, but I don't have any reason to trust Lindelof to put out anything great. Even with a seemingly sincere letter, I've never seen him write anything amazing.

At least we get Jeremy Irons. He's great even in shitty stuff.

Providence is pretty recent.

Yea how dare gay people exist

Yeah how dare rapists exist

I don't trust his writing at all. I know it is going to be Trump but in Watchmen universe. And I know he can't write for shit.

I get a vibe from the trailer that the followers of Rorschach are gonna be white nationalists judging by things he has said and how they look.

Attached: 1569114109312.jpg (820x140, 120K)

That's solid, what are you talking about? Trump and race stuff is hella relevant and can fit well with building off the old themes. You don't trust Lindelof because he's not a particularly good writer. His biggest show was Lost, right? Nothing was THAT explained, and the logic of stuff that was isn't always sound. It also was far from subtle with characters, you can bet your ass everyone will be a pretty stereotypical tv drama archetype.

Sorry you got raped, user. But, actually, no one care, quite whining.

Something like impending environmental collapse or the rise of technocracy would be a be bigger threat to more people than some cringy white dudes with tiki torches. It would fit more with the theme of humanity uniting against a common threat that was introduced in the original.

Read the thread and you'll see that those anons were commenting on the specific kinds of degeneracy Moore and Gaiman use in their comics; rape and homosexuality, respectively.

It's great that you're white, and you think your opinion matters... but it doesn't. If you want the show based on a book made by a mega-liberal English wizard to just pretend all this stuff is going on, you're retarded. I was going to rephrase it to be nicer, but I realized you'd actually have to have a learning disability, a severe one.

I'm curious if American/Russian collaboration will actually give rise to some of the racism/nationalism. I got the feeling the show will be at it's strongest right off, and then kinda fuck itself as it gets too complicated for the writers to juggle.

>kinds of degeneracy
What kinda dick slurping cuck comes to Yea Forums(nel) and talks like this? Seriously, if you're a little bitch, just stay on twitter or facebook.

Attached: dont look ricky.jpg (700x1071, 115K)

He probably considers this justification for his current stance on comic books and superheroes in general.

Attached: 1564799268692.png (275x142, 20K)

white dudes are a common threat to humanity. they won't stop trying to take over the world. their vitamin D deficiencies from evolving further away from the equator than normal humans drives them insane

>dr manhattan returns in the season 1 finale
>"no more white people"

Attached: DF5F0E96-47CA-4751-91CF-E1D199A458AC.jpg (640x320, 70K)

But seriously, how long you think until Dr. Manhattan shows up, and will Doomsday Clock be canon?

>Race and Policing in America is this generation's Cuban Missile Crisis

Jesus, how can somebody say this and then not do any research at all about this issue?

>t. Homosexual Rapist

>will Doomsday Clock be canon?
It's not even canon at DC so I doubt it.

He's probably dead on the inside at this point.

I guess HBO and CW would never go all out and do their own Doomsday Clock. Just imagine Supergirl showing up in the grimdark HBO show.

>how long you think until Dr. Manhattan shows up
Confirmed. I'm wondering if they'll pepper him in throughout the season or do the Luke thing and save him for a post-credits stinger
>and will Doomsday Clock be canon?
You mean using DC proper characters, specifically Superman? Only if it becomes a monster hit and they get to season five or six, and even then I'd put it at low odds

Attached: nite-owl is a fag.png (661x571, 303K)

>the actual charlton comics comics will never get their moment in the spotlight

>Rorschach's followers are the only ones that know the truth and want to do something about it
>They're depicted as white nationalists
That's not even a subtle redpill.

Attached: watchmen-hbo-series-slice-600x200.png (600x200, 179K)

Rorschach did leave his journal at a rightwing rag. This ain't surprising in the least.

Nobody outside of DC fans knows what Doomsday Clock is. They're not going to adapt some extra shit Geoff Johns is trying to staple onto the end 30 years later.

That's exactly who would get the message first, and among the most likely to believe/act on it. There are going to be people who, for many reasons, would rather the world not be cooperating, and nationalism was part of why there even was a Cold War.

That's the worst part of all of this. No one normal is going to have their voice heard when they complain about the show. So if it has flat characters, or stilted storylines, those complaints will be drowned out by "muh white genocide!" or whatever stupid shit /pol/ youtubers are going to bitch about for clicks.

Real criticism, good or bad, of this show has no chance.

I'd love to learn how Moore does his magick shit. It seems like it would pretty fun, probably involve a lot of weird sex stuff.

Just read Promethea

>You don't trust Lindelof because he's not a particularly good writer.
understatement of the century, this is the guy who killed so many movies with his shit scripts he couldn't find work for five years

>It's Time (wink wink nudge nudge)
JESUS H CHRIST.

GET IT, GUYS? GET IT? CLOCKS. HAHA SO CLEVER WOOOOOH

Better keep an eye on them.

>and will Doomsday Clock be canon?
Considering the show takes place in the same year as our world while in the comic the Watchmen world is destroyed by nuclear hellfire in the 90s, I don't think so.

>>Before Watchmen Omnibus going into reprints.
oh really, source?

To a retarded HBO show by Lindelof? Not even Watchmen will be canon.

TO SHIT

This could work, but it depends on how timeless they make it. While Watchman was, in a way, about the nuclear standoff between the West and the East, it used that much more as a vehicle for broader concepts, like the inevitability of humanities self-destructive tendencies, morality, patriotism, the good ol' days and the dangers of paranoia. Thats why watchmen used superheroes and very little actual history, if watchmen had been the same, but with normal people in a more historical setting instead, then it wouldn't have been this effective. Thats why people like Star Trek so much, for instance, since it uses the extraordinary and fictional, i.e. spaceships, aliens, space etc., to portray something ordinary, i.e. concepts like human emotions, selflessness, selfishness, pride etc., with messages so general and unbiased that even though TNG is decades old, its messages are still important today.
The same applies here, if they explore messages like racism, discrimination, extremism and policing in an unbiased, and timeless manner, then I'm excited to see what they do, but if they date the show, for instance by using modern politicians like Trump and Hillary, or use concepts like alt-right and school shootings, or portray their messages in a biased way, with the intention of commenting on modern politics much more than issues in general, then its gonna be bad, because in 50 or 70 years, people most likely associate absolutely nothing with these concepts, rendering any possible message it might've had meaningless, especially internationally.

Blacks and trannies wanting civil rights that essentilly elevate them above the average citizen is totally comparable to a doomsday scenario.

Robert Redford will be POTUS on his 5th term or something in the show, so its an alternative timeline.
I get your point in that it couldl encapsulate certain sensibilities in contemporary society, but every trailer and promotional materiall just screams that its another IP that SJWs wanted to appropriate for their agenda. I have no hopes for this show, and i in all honesty hope the capeshit-wave in media dies soon

It isnt. The whole cops going masked makes no sense.
And this whole rural texas town feels more like a script for The Leftovers.
Besides i dont find the actors for the min characters good.
The only person that i liked is Jeremy Irons and the old conspirancy guy.

Attached: the-watchmen.jpg (1620x2400, 924K)

We are. You are just a purist fan.

Attached: Watchmen tier list.png (2245x1200, 2.15M)

What do you have against rapists?

Is there seriously any place that deserves a mass shooting more than DC/WB?

Attached: b.jpg (699x302, 94K)

How about we say Alan spins on his skull and bones thrones?

What if Alan Moore bought a coffin just to step into it and spin everytime someone name drop him in a DC project?

Attached: alan-moore-simpsons.jpg (480x740, 97K)

people wanted before watchmen?

imagine actually liking any of Before Watchmen

and no, Minutemen isn't "actually good."

>Before Watchmen Omni
Who wanted this?

Also you forgot that flash batman story that made it possible for doomsday clock.

Are you pretending your imaginary friends are real people again? You crack me up, little buddy.

>the whole cops going masked makes no sense
Isn't that what started the vigilantes in the original comic? I realize Yea Forums is the most retarded board on Yea Forums, but come on, you at least have to know your own comic books.

What are the two in the bottom right?

It's the cumguzzler's manual to Before Watchmen, it's my favorite book, just like every other Before Watchmen comics!

Hollis Mason was a cop, but he wasn't a masked cop.

Also he took inspiration from Hooded Justice, he wasn't the first.

Saturday Morning Watchmen and what looks like a parody of some sort.

>masked criminals do crime
>cops start wearing masks to hide their identity so the criminals couldn't retaliate
>MOOOOOM! MOOOOM! MY COMIC BOOKS AREN'T MAKING SENSE! MOOOM TELL THEM TO FIX IT!

>>MOOOOOM! MOOOOM! MY COMIC BOOKS AREN'T MAKING SENSE! MOOOM TELL THEM TO FIX IT!
Is there a reason why you faggots always act like retards?

Good job at just regurgitating what everyone who has read Watchmen knows. Are you able to explain using words, and not guttural sounds, how police wearing masks so their identities are hidden does not make sense? It happens in the real world, and by real world I mean whatever place that isn't the sheltered wonderland you live in.

LOVED Lost and The Leftovers but I have zero hope of this being good. I'll be surprised if it is pulled off well.

You mad?

>isn't that what happened in the comics?
>no
>WOW FUCK OFF

I said words and not guttural sounds. I realize it's hard, and that everyone in this board has some kind of mental of physical deficiency, but you must try, dear boy.

No, just confused.
Every fucking time you could have an actual response but instead you idiots go out of your fucking way to act as retarded as you can to prove some non-existing point, and when it's all over the only ones that look bad are you retards.

Not all gays are fags, but all fags are faggots

I guess he will be revealed at season 1 ends.

But i would use him as a shadow figure that is the architect behind alot of things.

Lindelof
>ruined star trek
>ruined alien
>ruined world war z
>ruined tomorrowland
>ruined the leftovers

but i'm sure watchmen will be the exception

Attached: 1544469013612.png (294x306, 29K)

Thats the question, if they are like Rorschach, Reagan Conservatives, KKK Hillbillys or Flatearther?
But if you read his commentarys they will be KKK Hillbillys.

Wasnt he involved in the Lost ending?
If so, than this is very dark foreshadowing.

>Liberals are so brainwashed that CNN telling them about the color of someone's skin is as important as the time we almost all died

Good post. While it was a big portion, it was just the background and reasons why these characters are like they are.
And never thought about StarTrek, but you really are right. The various planets were a what if to analyse certain society habits.
The Nazi planet was not "oh my god rascist survived and traveled to another planet" but a example what the authors think could happen with fascism.

It wasnt "lets cover the identities of our employed lawmen" but a "as a cop i couldnt do what needs to be done".
The whole police masking thing is just there for making the vigilante a cape, being in the system but than fight it from inside. And i bet there will be some sort of "police brutality" and "what if the police can do what they want, because civiliants dont know who they were".

>You don't trust Lindelof because he's not a particularly good writer.
He's bad. I don't trust him writing anything this nuanced.

I have no idea how you could compare the two.

it won't be though. These guys will just be someone's pawns.

>This could work, but it depends on how timeless they make it.
It won't be timeless. It'll be so on the nose.

It is good. Dont larp to be edgy fishing for (you). I will try to bump your thread.

What imaginary friends? What are you talking about? Dont larp to be clever and think everyone is like you.
Get a family.

>Dont larp to be edgy fishing for (you)

Attached: 62684cd8e47282813e3d0d28350bd978987d574a.png (600x604, 367K)

Its a parody, made to look like a hanna barbera saturday morning show.
The other is the trash, cash grab parody

No, it isn't. Darwyn Cooke was a great artist, but a mediocre writer. And Minutemen wanking off Comedian was just plain weird.

Its the tranny train. Since summer end they have the feel to protect their corporate product.
Like summer anons they try to provoke and stir things up to avalanche the criticism of their woke stuff and keep it the thread as "advertisment".

Fixed

Attached: fixed.png (2216x1208, 3.67M)

Not liking before watchmen doesn't make someone edgy.

Nope all is good, just forgot an "and"
But i wonder why grammatic is your only concern?

Its really insync with watchmen. It just wasnt this epic and it really was like a before series to watchmen.
But i can understand that some didnt liked it, since it uncovers some mysteries which might not be in Moores vision.
I liked his writing especially Mothmans. I am not saying its perfect, but its a good and wholesome story.

Lol, nice one.
But i think i should add Wachtmensch. Because this is a book Alan would love.

Attached: Wachtmensch cover.jpg (981x1600, 277K)

Jesus fucking Christ, learn English before you post.

They way that user wrote it, made it edgy.
Personal attacking on a mongolian meme board.
Thats the same level like anime poster and name posters.

>I get a vibe from the trailer that the followers of Rorschach are gonna be white nationalists judging by things he has said and how they look.

Symbols, people and movement, left-or-right, can get warped and co-opted for even more extremist views.

Before Adolf, The Swazitka was a peace symbol. Wagner and Nietzsche get maliciously reinterpreted in the eyes of the german people by the Nazis.

This is not different.

What in the name of God are you talking about?
That user didn't do any of the things you just said.

>Dont have any argument
>Quick lets criticis their grammatic.
Pff, if this is the level you want to have this conversation.
Try to have some real arguments next time.
1/10 blood crusted smileys

I think you misunderstand me. I get all that.

The point I am making is that this will be a thinly veiled modern political take by a hack writer set in Watchmen universe. All this is designed to do is cause controversy and start arguments. I very much doubt this take will be written well at all.

I don't trust this to be good at all. He is literally comparing nuclear war to race relations.

What is it about ESLs that makes them start arguments when they can't speak the language?

Attached: 1559119119970.jpg (753x830, 267K)

>They way that user wrote it, made it edgy.
How you took it made it edgy.

Not liking Before Watchmen doesn't make someone edgy. Can someone not just enjoy one thing as a standalone thing? Do they need unrestrained capitalism in supporting every mediocre derivative..

they think they're smarter than they are because they can "speak" more than one language

>HBO Watchman series
>Just another excuse to feature stronk minority womyn and demonizing while males
Pass

What the fuck are you even trying to say?

I dont think so. Its just some anons really grasp to any straw to have an "argument" or miscredit others by pulling the "english is not your native language". They think this is somehow any counterargument and try "smoke and mirror" even they understood the points.
But they forget that they look like some agressive trolls. Sad that they think this somehow matters or is important. While others dont care that much to spellcheck like a grammar nazi.
Here have a bump for your thread.

You tried

Attached: 1567453803829.jpg (401x624, 266K)

>imagine actually liking any of Before Watchmen
Nah, he could have wrote it in a not edgy way. Being a purist is ok. But if he combines it with that phrasing, that makes it edgy.
Than using "actually good." in this whole context?
Super edgy fanboy. I dont see how this could be Yea Forums humor

Attached: Ackchyually.png (680x680, 124K)

Attached: don't.png (356x356, 134K)

I did. I was expecting a more normal reaction or question to rewrite it from a Watchmen purist. Not this kind of text.

>does anyone else hate black people?
based masterraceposter

None of that is edgy, it's nowhere close to being edgy.

I know. Even on Yea Forums, we can have some sort of manner, even if it doesnt matters that much.
So i decide to be a cunt.

Attached: disagree with you by kevinbolk.jpg (500x704, 137K)

Are you pretending to be retarded?

Dont backpedal for that user. In this context it was. Needlessly trying to be funny. A edgy user.

Attached: and thats ok by kevinbolk.jpg (500x704, 137K)

I am not you. So...
No.

so it's real retardation then

You know why people make fun of ESLs like you?
Because you retards don't know what words mean, so you start spouting bullshit and create pointless arguments where you idiots don't even know who's supporting you and who's making fun of you.

Learn English if you're going to post on an American imageboard.

Attached: 1460859531851.png (680x486, 473K)

What if Ozy blames it on the incels this time.

Attached: chuckle.gif (340x340, 18K)

>how dare gay people exist
This but unironically

Why people stories that have a good ending and want even more when is not needed?

I know money and all that but fuck , they make it people tons of people want more , can't you not respect the creator wishes?

So many words, still grasping for straws to avoid to counter any argument.
And who do mean supporting me? Because i think you might mistake me for another user.

Attached: check this edgy kid out.jpg (540x720, 54K)

Just fucking stop, you can tell which posts are yours thanks to your broken as fuck English.

You're the only one being edgy. Note your picture and response. I wasn't even the poster you had a problem with.

Now who is being edgy towards someone.

I can, but can you?
Because who supports me? And backpeddaling in "was meant to be funny" is really low edgyness.

>I wasn't even the poster you had a problem with
And thats maybe why i wrote
>he could have wrote it
>he
here I'm not sure about your reading comprehension skills.
And dont start a
>no, you
>aha, you
argument, because that let you not look good.

Attached: crazy old man.gif (480x366, 1.91M)

nigger you are the one who assumed it was meant to be funny and not just low-key insulting your taste

>And thats maybe why i wrote
You still decided to aim your response and that picture at me.

Don't be a hypocrite and accuse others of things you do yourself.

>I'm not sure about your reading comprehension skills.
>argument, because that let you not look good.
You're literally the only one being a cunt here so the argument is perfectly applicable.

Just tell us that you are a spic and get a trip so we can mute you lmao

You take a post the wrong way. Someone takes your post how you don't intend. So you insult them.

Brilliant.

>because that let you not look good.
What?

Still on
>no, you?

Only can work with what others give me. And "If the shoe fits, wear it" works for that user.

>Still on
You take a post the wrong way and decide it is edgy and have an issue with it. How is this any differently?

Actually picture is not meant to be insulting to me, eh? Because I pointed out there was nothing wrong with not liking Before Watchmen.

And now you keep insulting me. And you're upset someone was edgy to you? Go on respond again with "no you". you're literally proving my point for me.

Never denied that, sometimes you have to be to show what edgy boy someone is.

As if this would change anything. Still waiting any good argument. The only thing i hear is some tantrums that they dont like someone is opposing them. No real counter just gibberish arguments.

Which where? Because trying to spin and frame it otherwise doesnt make the intention and phrasing go away.

*makes
Is the better word, but do you really try to grasp for that straw? Actually it was obvious, i thought till you responded.

None of the Before Watchmen comics came close to replicating anything of Watchmen. All their popularity shows is that spineless fanboys will eat anything that has a brand they recognise with zero principles.

>Never denied that, sometimes you have to be to show what edgy boy someone is.
So when you do it, it is fine? When someone else does it, it is wrong? Gotcha.

Because i criticised the arguments used. A "what-aboutism" isnt any good argument or counter if it has zero substance, especially when it doesnt fit.

>Which where? Because trying to spin and frame it otherwise doesnt make the intention and phrasing go away.
No one is framing anything.

You were upset at a post.

Then you target someone with a pathetic picture as if they are pointing out "actually" but you insult them saying they have no reading comprehension because you said "he". Yet, you were still replying to them and targetting them with that picture for pointing out something that wasn't even offensive to you.

>actually taking an user who thinks Before Watchmen is good seriously

>taking an ESL seriously
Game was rigged from the start

Nope, because show me where i was edgy andexplain it why its edgy. I did it too. And still won that argument.

You didn't criticise my arguments. You got upset how someone worded something. I want to know why you had to reply to me being rude and posting that picture, as if my response was in anyway "actually".

So instead, you respond by saying I didn't read your post properly. You're the one insulting me when my post was not offensive to you. And you're saying that is what aboutism?

What a nasty person you are.

You didn't win any arguments. Clearly by this thread. And it wasn't an explanation. You were just joining in.

>but do you really try to grasp for that straw?
Stop man.

It is mostly trolling at this point and that user keeps stupidly replying.

He'd have to be ESL to find before watchmen good.

or someone who conflates Darwyn Cooke being a good artist with him being a good writer

>No one is framing anything.
They do I am more upset that many anons, when they loose an argument and dont have anything to counter they ressort to "broken english" as if this is bvalid and not used for leading an argument offtracks to "win" it.
Just like the endless conversation we have here, trying to make me stop replying to them, so they think they "won". But in the end they realised how they discuss things, not how they like to think they argue.

The picture was just i thought we were on the fun track, so i mirrored them. Sad when these kind of anons like to dispense but cant take it.
Just like trying to disconnect the discussion, so they can pamper their ego like "we won" in 4th grade.

>This is such a great time to be a Watchmen fan!
Does anyone even like Watchmen anymore? It has gone from a deconstruction of the genre to the most celebrated example of the genre.

Watchman fans are the type of people to find Rorschach bad ass when the character was a philosophical discussion and not someone to be emulated.

When people talk about Watchmen, they never talk about its themes but instead talk about pointless bullshit. And all this derivative work is? The same bullshit.

Whenever something gets popular it eventually reaches the apex where the new fans don't get what make it popular so decide to enjoy the most base parts of a work.

You haven't one any arguments here. Go on tell me which arguments you've won?

All you'rve said is that because darwyn cooke is a good artist and writer that means his Before Watchmen is good? Well guess what. Many good artists and writers produce subpar work.

Tell me why you actually think Before Watchmen is good? What themes do you think it gets right from the original? Compare it to the original?

It's still an excellent comic book even if most people are retards about it.

Asshole, the people that are making fun of you for being a retard are just doing that, making fun of you for being a retard.

I was the first person to call you out for being an ESL and it had jackshit to do with Watchmen.

Attached: [palpable disgust].png (337x334, 172K)

You're literally not discussing anything. And the way that user framed it is correct. You're literally one of the problems here.

Where are your arguments and defense of Before Watchmen? You've said nothing but complain about perceived edginess.

Honestly at this point most of us are trolling him. He simply has no points.

He cried about someone being edgy to him. Edgy, on Yea Forums! Can you believe it? And now he is saying that everyone else is pathetic.

He's screaming about winning an argument when all he has done is get upset that someone insulted Before Watchmen. It is pretty damn funny.

Imagine calling everyone else edgy fanboys when he is getting so upset over Before Watchmen??

i've noticed Yea Forums has had a heck of a lot of broken English and autism recently. I think it is the same person.

Alan moore is a huge lefty he said he thinks anyone who identified with Rorschach was a terrible moron he wouldn't want to be around

Here's the post

Attached: ECp3T84WwAAZs_7.jpg (750x675, 102K)

And he was right.

>You didn't criticise my arguments.
First i talked about the arguments, not yours only. Than i criticised the form of "what-aboutism", that even didnt fit the things compared.
I explained why i think its edgy, but till now you didnt refer or address anything about my points of it being edgy. So you didnt read it properly. Truth cant be insulting. And i never used any insulting word like you did
>nasty
If the shoe fits, wear it.

Has it been that long?

I haven't said any insulting words? What are you on about?

Maybe he shouldn't have made the crazy, smelly, homicidal asshole the one character that a lot of people could relate to when it came to their moral compass.

Your argument was, that how someone worded a post meant that it was edgy. Then you got upset by it. Then you got upset by people mocking you for being so pathetic.

What do you actually want here anymore?

Relating to someone's moral position and being sympathetic to them is not the same as wanting to emulate them or idolising them.

Sure i did. Since all responses were "no, you", "broken english" and insults.
When i showed why i thought this was edgy, there was no response with substance. Only some trying to rail the conversation down, kicking it off tracks. There wasnt any moment, i even could say "oh thats another perspetive". So i win. Till now.

>Sure i did.
m8, you got upset that a post was edgy. People took the piss out of you for it. How much of a newfag are you for it?

Many people have asked you to defend Before Watchmen and not once have you responded.

You've literally lost. Before Watchmen is shit.

Attached: 096.gif (800x371, 193K)

Many like it. But you have fair points.
Its a little bit too hyped. Andmany like it for different reasons. And the problem is that some cant discuss things properly, sadly many purist that call everything a cashgrab, which isnt wrong, but dont see when there are additional things that still are good.
There is this mantra that if they would find it good, than it would taint the original Watchmen or in their mind give DC power. And how they fucked Moore is against their believe.

You've won nothing. You derailed the thread because you couldn't defend Before Watchmen.

So I ask again, what makes Before Watchmen good as compared to the original? Give me some depth here.

Moore write comics like literature in the 19th. He probably didn't expect teenagers with unstable morals.

>sadly many purist that call everything a cashgrab
But they are a cash grab. Most things in comics are. They ape off the success of something and keep it going.

Watchmen was a deconstruction and even if has fallen prey to the comic industry overall.

>He probably didn't expect teenagers with unstable morals.
It is just what happens in comics. Punisher has gone through a similar thing. Most people aren't looking for an essay explaining themes. They want dark and gritty.

>but dont see when there are additional things that still are good.
How are they good?

>wanting to emulate them or idolising them.
While I don't doubt that there are people retarded enough to act like that, it just seems that Moore is angry that people liked the one character that he wrote as being in the wrong.

>get to watch numerous studios ruin Watchmen from every single angle
This is actually the WORST time to be a watchmen fan

Was this really any discussion? it quickly dissolved in trying to miscreditmy opinion by my bad english. There was not really any counter to it. No point i made was responded to, so my points still stand, technically i won this, but it wasnt really a discussion.
And i sure i didnt clearified one post before, i won the discussion about the edgyness.

To answer your question,
>Its really insync with watchmen. It just wasnt this epic and it really was like a before series to watchmen.
>But i can understand that some didnt liked it, since it uncovers some mysteries which might not be in Moores vision.
>I liked his writing especially Mothmans. I am not saying its perfect, but its a good and wholesome story.
But what "counter" argument i got was >Jesus fucking Christ, learn English before you post.

>But what "counter" argument i got was (You)
Hey faggot, I was making fun of you, not countering any of your non-existing arguments.

Thats the reason why you need an insult as opening?
As if its making fun of me, because to make fun of me. Its just because noone of these you mentioned won the fight or even hit me, other by "hurr durr, i made him reply. And all these insults i use, i use because i make fun of him" As if, its the anger that they cant argue so they withdraw to insults and playingthe retard to cover their actions.

The problem is people read Moore comments in a certain tone. He says that and people take it all as an insult. Moore isn't really angry. He just doesn't care. But people constantly come to him asking for him to go back over the whole saga of why he is angry. So he gives them what they want. He has legitimate reasons to be upset with how he was treated like the whole Steven Moore thing.

When people come up to him with no understanding of his work but big fans, wouldn't you be a little insulted? It kind of reminds me when a he was at a protest talking to people wearing V masks and they started talking about the movie. He remained completely calm and didn't say anything wrong to them.

You are right, i would discuss, but noone even tries. Thats why i stand on the hill i build and wait till someone counter my arguments and responses.

Just shut the fuck up.

He seemed kind of amused by the masks.

If this helps to boost your ego, its ok in my book. And upset looks different.
But here have a (you) hope you can sleep better this way.

>Imagine calling everyone else edgy fanboys when he is getting so upset over Before Watchmen??
Yeah, thats why i wrote
>>But i can understand that some didnt liked it, since it uncovers some mysteries which might not be in Moores vision.

>"Who watches the Watchmen?"
>it becomes a tv show
did dr manhatten write the comic because that is some serious poetry

>Its really insync with watchmen
Give me examples.

Being insync structurally is not the same as getting the theme of the original work. Anyone can write a prequel working backwards and using parts from the original work. It doesn't make it good. It just means it is retelling things that were already hinted at. That makes it feel more pointless and superfluous than necessary.

And this is the thing. Just because something hints at something doesn't make it necessary. Look at a character like Wolverine: Barry Windsor Smith story Weapon X is a perfect explanation of how he became Wolverine. Origins? That was a pointless story just as a cashgrab to have moments like more bone claws and added nothing.

You liked BW = you didn't understand Watchmen

>Yeah, thats why i wrote
Then why get so upset by people insulting it in the first place? You keep calling them purists and insinuating they are bad when you agree they have a point.

Honestly, "smelling" and "not having a girlfriend" are not his main characteristics. Is this real or an edit?

He was amused. In the video I watched (I can't find it right now but will keep looking) the protester starts talking about the film as he hadn't read the comic. Moore remains completely calm and amicable despite the voiceover saying how much he hated the film.

It's not that I don't understand where he comes from, it's just that almost every other character in Watchmen was a cunt so it's not that surprising that Rorschach turned into a fan favorite.

>was the co-creator of lost involved in the lost ending
i almost forgot i was on the most brainlet board on Yea Forums

Oh, the issue isn't Rorschach being a fan favourite. The issue is why he is a fan favourite.

I think Moore understood that Rorschach would be an interesting character just that he didn't anticpate why people would like him.

Show me than.

I wait forany real discussion to happen. Because all my points never got countered. All i read was "broken english", insults or "no you".
And upset, not really. I dontremember any wording or phrasing that indicates being upset. But all these "trolls" mocking seems to be way more angry, how they use insults and try to get to me but without any impact. The only one that had any impact was the first one, but just to make me curious how long this wil play out. And see if they hope to win anything by driving me off.

Rorschach's hangups about women are absolutely one of his main characteristics

the smelly bit was just a little jab at nerds

Little known fact is that Rorschach was a pro Smash player.

It's fucking great, it doesn't matter how bad fans or DC's treatment of extending it are. As a standalone work, it's one of the comics I could pick up and read anytime, and get a little bit more from each time.

>And see if they hope to win anything by driving me off.
I don't think you understand how trolling works. They don't seek to drive you off, they seek to get you embroiled in conversations like this knowing you will keep replying.

You have to go back

>he didn't anticpate why people would like him.
Well, I think that most people would take the guy with the black/white mentality when it comes to morality over the rest of the cast.
I'm not saying that a huge portion of his fans didn't completely miss what he was trying to do with the character, because that would be a lie, it's just that it seems kind of obvious why he's a liked character.

But who knows, maybe it's a hindsight thing and I just can't really see it the way that Moore does.

>What do you mean bro, this sounds hella epic for the win!
>goes on to explain why it's gonna be shit
I want Reddit to leave

youtu.be/FumNSfY7SfI?t=120

where, to /fit/?

I got upset and curious when he gets confronted with it if he gets any good points. And it worked that user really got triggered. I hoped just there were better arguments. But there was just insults and trying to get personal. No real counter why its not egdy.

>Many people have asked you to defend Before Watchmen and not once have you responded.
Yeah, like ?
And the responses really were questioning my position?

So which one was in your opinion?

I'm gonna say the end of episode 1.

It's a good idea on paper, but Lindelof doesn't have a track record to prove he can deliver.

It's not fucking rocket science, kid, learn to read.

One post proves nothing. And how can you say an user got triggered when you are still responding to them instead of responding to actual questions?

>there were better arguments
You mean like:
Notice how when someone actually talks about it, you don't even bother responding to them.

If they can't wait at least a season, that's bullshit. Hints at him, fine.

But if he shows up right before the credits, all like "I told you, nothing ever ends..." then this is all bullshit.

>But they are a cash grab.
Yes and?
>which isnt wrong
I dont deny it.
I agree with you that nothing had the impact or deepth of Watchmen. But this doesnt mean its automatic bad.
For example Minutemen was about team dynamics, showing how heroic the crimebusters were and played with hollis try to cope what they do is not that important or heroic.
For example silhoutte was the one really doing heroic stuff that helped. Thats the point of minutemen.
It was just not the deconstruction of Watchmen and it was bloomed out of DC being greedy. But i wont deny the artist who tried and succeded in giving us something, which is not better as watchmen, that is not bad.

Yeah, like i not did so here But otherwise look here Which sadly took a big pile of posts till someone tried a discussion.

And i called that user out. Which worked since that triggered him. Wished there was really much more substance from him to discuss.

>I agree with you that nothing had the impact or deepth of Watchmen. But this doesnt mean its automatic bad.
It doesn't mean it was automatically bad. But it was bad. Because it is a Watchmen prequel that is unncessary.

Enjoyment and criticism are two different things. You can enjoy a bad film. And hate a good film. Enjoying Before Watchmen is fine but it doesn't make it it good.

I don't like it because it doesn't have the depth of Watchmen and it is a pointless prequel. Team dynamics don't matter because everything that I needed to know about the Minutemen was in Watchmen. It tells me nothing really new.

It was pointless. And something being pointless makes it bad.

Alan Moore actually loves Saturday Morning Watchmen.

That and For the Man Who Has Everything are the only adaptations of his work he's officially given his blessing to.

Its his english dark humor. But i think its not the way of him insulting someone, but his tone is a little bit lecturing, from above.
I blame written words, that translate emotions not so well.

One interview i saw, he even was happy that they used it on wallstreet. Like he felt honored.

Honestly he plays it up. I have actually met him in person over a decade ago. I got a few things signed.

He is actually really lovely in person. But I think he just plays up the angry old man thing when people ask him for a quote.

Part of that is because Bruce Timm contacted Moore when he was working on the JLU episode and asked for his input about some of the changes that they had to make to adapt it from the comic book to television. The team made him feel comfortable that they would treat his work with the upmost respect and that he would be included in the process.

I think the problem is people picture him with an upper class accent

But Moore wrote him really compelling. Rorschach is the only one who want wants to better the world, in a not genocide way like Ozy.
He gets shit done, even if he is far from tracks, fights for his life and dies for his morality.
The problem is, if the people like him because of his views or how he struggles in the world.
And if you can like him because of certain threats or should consider his full character.

Except he doesn't get anything hence why he was killed

I think people think he is a crazy old man who hates everyone and everything.

Attached: 297.jpg (680x383, 41K)

This.
Rorschach is a violent lunatic, but he's also kinda 100% correct. That's really the only major problem with Watchmen, I think. Alan Moore intended him to be a guy people didn't like and he ABSOLUTELY botched the execution on that.
>murders child molesters and rapists
>doesn't abandon his principles
>never gives up
>apologizes if he fucks up or realizes he's being an asshole
>suffered serious psychological trauma and an abusive childhood, making him sympathetic
>dies as literally the only person still trying to stop the main villain, or at least see that some kind of justice is done
His personality is pretty rotten and he's like a gross hobo but in terms of what he contributes to the plot I'd argue him, Dan, and Laurie are the closest things to objective good-guy protagonists.

Moore wanted a character people thought of as a gross dickhead parody of the stereotypical hyperviolent vigilante badass trope and seemingly accidentally wrote a well-rounded, nuanced character instead.

>What if Rorschach inspired le alt right?
>This book is weird, it's called Watchmen, but the team isn't called the Watchmen??
>Woah see the song is called Life on Mars and part of Watchmen happens on Mars it's like symbolism!!
I've had bowel movements that have looked better on paper than the ideas in this show.

The entirety of this show's concept is literally "REMEMBER WATCHMEN???"

They're gonna milk the fuck out of the established iconography while lifting the whole "WE GOTTA GET DOCTOR MANHATTAN BACK" subplot out of Doomsday Clock.

Rorschach is a deconstruction of an archetype. And while he is presented as the hero for standing up to Ozymandias at the end, he is a philosophical discussion and not someone to be emulated.

Moore was not trying to make him a dickhead parody, he was trying to say that the trauma that creates a Batman wouldn't necessarily create a well rounded human being. It wasn't an accident that Rorschach is a nuanced character.

That quote is 100% about a certain type of comic book fan and nothing more.

I decided to dicuss things with you: You didn't bother responding, instead deciding to respond to trolls.

Were you this upset over Doomsday or did you just lick that up when DC crapped it out?

That's a fair point, as a deconstruction of the Batman/Punisher type character archetype it definitely works as intended.

I want/pol/ to leave

One post is enough to prove that i did.
And if there where actual questions, i would answer them, as you see with your posts, user. So i stand correct, you disproven.

Lol, yeah, finally they came. But nice try, but you can see that handled half an hour ago, so i wasnt that post.
But why couldnt this post come earlier? Maybe someone tries to cover up that now, after i pointed it out, he posted something like that?

I got the feeling you're JUST upset about the alt right thing. It is interesting though, because comics have pretty much always been just for liberals, but tv shows get a far larger audience. So I expect we'll see a lot of "why didn't the white supremacists guys win this episode!" discussion, where as that wouldn't have been a vocal thing among comic fans in the 80s.

And like others said, stupid shit like that will drown out all actually discussion of the show.

I was literally criticising Lindelof. I doubt he can handle these types of themes.

It wasn't /pol/ at all.

I've kept up with it because the idea of Superman fighting Doctor Manhattan sounded so retarded I had to check it out. Same with this show, I'm actually really looking forward to it because I want to see how badly a self-professed Watchmen fanatic like Lindeloff will botch and misinterpret the source material.

Unfortunately Doomsday Clock has honestly been really boring so far, but then I am like an issue or two behind. I did kinda like the stuff with new Rorschach and Mothman though, and the scene with Comdian shooting Riddler was pretty campy and fun.

>Punisher
I think Punisher is a great example of a Rorschach type character. He was intended as a discussion of the whole Vietnam war, ex soldier, crime etc. How he handles his trauma.

And now there are literally cops idoloising Punisher's skull as some kind of symbol.

When Moore said what he said he was criticising shit like this, more than talking about Watchmen.

>anyone who doesn't enjoy my paper-thin allegory for real world issues dissected via people in clown costumes and longjohns punch each other on the moon is /pol/

So finally i got to your post.
Insync, because it tries to expand the universe, use their characters, even the mimicking of the original.
It even tries not to retcons, things that seem to be retcons are just minor and expanse of existing things.
And they even try to analyse deeper stuff. Silksphectre is how family works, Manhatten is about time and his problem of being timedisplaced. Niteowl is about the dynamic of him and Rorschach and how they split, rorschach got more extreme.
So it adds and give us more about them. And i dont deny that some is not well written.
Thats why its insync.

You're projecting.
All the shit they've come up with feels like they came up with it during a single lunch break.
>"So like... what are some issues today... maybe like, cops? But the cops... are the Watchmen? And the bad guys go "tick tock tick tock", cause like... clocks? Like watches?"

Interpreting Rorschach as being a proto alt-right figure because he had mommy issues is like the lowest hanging fruit and really speaks to the level of thought the man behind all the bad parts of Prometheus put into this adaptation/sequel.

So do you guys both agree that white nationalism is actually a great way to explore the themes? Even if Linelof fucks it up, that is the direction to go!

Nationalism is of course the opposing force to the globalism that Ozymandias has started to build. People who don't want Russia helping or influencing America's course and such. A racial element plays nicely into the Black Freighter story, the fact that he assumed his victims were outsiders/others/invaders was how he was able to kill so mercilessly. And it's all topical. Regardless of how well the show manages it, this is a part that makes sense.

Because a proper discussion is better than someone being just edgy. The first one was upsetting, after that, i was only curious and ambitioned how this will play out and if they have any arguments.

You missed my point. Being structurally insync is easy. Anyone can take the threads of something from Watchmen and expand it.

It really didn't go into as much depth as you are stating. It felt very thin and didn't really give us anything of nuance.

there were good parts of Prometheus?

>Interpreting Rorschach as being a proto alt-right figure because he had mommy issues is like the lowest hanging fruit
What a stupid fanboy opinion, no wonder Moore thinks you smell. Rorschach having nationalist tendencies isn't a personal attack, kid. Who do you expect to get his message first when he drops off his journal with a right wing conspiracy rag?

Thats why i thought its an edit, because of the jabs.
You are right with the problems with women. Didnt thought his problems with women was meant here but the fact he is without a girlfriend.
My bad.

A resurgence in nationalism and culture wars would be interesting but unfortunately Lindelof will fuck it up.

It feels like very thin bait to be controversial and create drama so people talk about the show.

The problem is what Lindelof said was comparing nuclear armageddon to American race relations. I don't think this is the same as looking at nationalism as a whole.

I will be interested to see the scope of the story but honestly I think it'll be bad.

>pro Smash player.
No way. Is there really a source for that?

>moore
>liberal
Fucking retard

Cinematography and sets were pretty good. Concept was okay. First part of it before they get to the pyramid isn't bad. I'll give it that much.

Yes?

Attached: qOUYVRO.jpg (1080x1440, 1.48M)

>Watchmen Sequel Series on HBO with a post-credits stinger
he hates it

>I'll project and call him kiddo, then I'll be taken seriously!
"What if Rorschach invented the alt right" is literally the Watchmen equivalent of "Homer get iPad". It's literally the first dot you connect when you say "hmmm how can we tie the marketable iconography of Watchmen to the current year". It's lazy and boring and obvious but bugmen and casuals are gonna eat it up because Game of Thrones ended and WOAH DID YOU SEE THAT THEY PUT A SMILEY FACE IN THE EPISODE IT'S JUST LIKE MY FUNNYBOOKS!

I dunno, I think the GoT crowd will hop on His Dark Materials over Watchmen

I know how trolling works.
But were they trolling and if yes, was their trolling effective or feeding them well?
Regarding their response, i didnt feed them that much nutritions. You can see that they were more upset with me and didnt felt satisfied.
Even their start seems that they started to troll after i called them out, so most of them were pic related.

Attached: trolling ruse.jpg (680x1058, 86K)

Ah yes, the hammer and sickle, the most well-known symbol used by the Liberals that incorporates all of their progressive and liberal ideals.

oh you're one of those people who gets mad when other people use liberal and leftist interchangeably

That’s because they aren’t interchangeable, liberal

I think the big problem with this is that it's called Watchmen.

If you wanna make a show about masked vigilantes and have it focus on racism and police brutality and shit then cool, go ahead and do it. But the fact that this is a sequel to Watchmen taints the very concept, because Watchmen doesn't NEED a sequel and literally every attempt to do so thus far has been
>editorial says we need to put out a Watchmen product because the brand is still marketable, I guess I'll do it because I like Watchmen and it's better someone like me gets put on this project instead of some hack

All the trailers so far have just been "things you know but it's le current year" and all of Lindeloff's press has been "guys I know how this looks but please watch it I'm such a huge fan bro I'll be respectful of the source material please bro just give it a chance don't be a nerd bro please". It's a shotgun wedding at best, a hack marketing ploy at worst. Nobody who actually understood or enjoyed Watchmen the comic has no rational reason to be excited for Watchmen the show other than to see how badly the hack behind Prometheus is gonna butcher it.

You're either a child of an idiot, to take such a willfully stupid approach to pretend an obvious modern day issue that ties in well with Rorschach doesn't working because reasons. "It's lazy and boring!" Why? How so?

Honestly, the reason this seems like fanboy bullshit is people don't want pure, innocent Rorschach connected to basically neo-nazi gangs. Well, he's dead, it's not like he can stop anyone from perverting his message and look. If anything, it also works as a subtle jab to how DC and the show itself just take Moore's original and do whatever the fuck they want.

Has Moore always looked like a wizard?

Doesn't that have the little girl from Logan in it? I never read the books but it legit looks pretty good.

they were some of my favorite books as a young adult (and I read them again recently and still really like them), so I'm really looking forward to it. My only gripe is that I don't particularly like Lin-Manuel Miranda as an actor but he's a fairly minor role.

Praying it's better than the movie, at least.

This is stupid, because the show only exists because WB is going to use the Watchmen name. Even Lindelof, who I have little faith in as a writer, basically said he's doing to so it doesn't get completely fucked up.

Racism and police brutality work great as themes, in a world where Ozymandias basically forced national cooperation through fear. The leaders and most people think "Okay, we better work together as a species to beat the squids!", but there will be people too tied up in race and country lines to accept that. And even if Roschach's journal is considered bullshit by most, these are exactly the people who would latch onto it as proof that the thing they already don't like is bad!

If anything, you should be upset that, on a certain level, the neo-nazi gang is right, because squids aren't real!

Oh shit, what if the Squids ARE real, and an actual extra-dimensional threat? The show will just turn into WatchmeX

Attached: now that Im a squid.jpg (600x323, 53K)

>Because it is a Watchmen prequel that is unncessary.
Cant deny that, the intention was explizit unnessary. But that doesnt make it bad. Only if you stand on the standpoint that noone should tell a story with them if it isnt Moore.
But if you take the creativity involved, than not. If you take Azzerellos, i agree with you, the writing is mediocre, but still what he wanted to tell is interesting.
And the bad film has bad handcraftman, but besides Azzerellos, everyone has a good production value.
And pointless makes a thing not bad, just pointless. The art was good, the writing was good, even Azzerellos was solid that you cant call it bad.
And it was mostly pointless because you feel its pointless, which shouldnt be a big point. It still explored the things before Watchmen. You have alot of progression in it. Does it add more to the plot of Watchmen? No. If you narrow it down on this, than you are right. But considering the whole, it was not bad.

>If anything, it also works as a subtle jab to how DC and the show itself just take Moore's original and do whatever the fuck they want.
You're pretending this isn't literally what they're doing, you absolute dunce.

"Why is it boring and obvious?"
Because it is. It's such a simplistic view of an aspect of the original source material that has so much more depth to it than you're giving it credit for.
>Wow Rorschach left his diary at a conservative tabloid, what if that inspired the tiki torch nazis??
Like wow did it take you all day to figure that one out? What a paragon of imagination, I absolutely haven't seen the issue of the alt right and fringe nationalist groups juxtaposed with superhero imagery like a million fucking times before. It's spoonfeeding this obvious social commentary so that the target audience can clap because "I recognize the Rorschach mask from the comic books because I read comic books!"

Rorschach wasn't pure or innocent. He was unstable and violent; for the right reasons, maybe, but like I said, there's more to his character than
>he punch hard and not like woman

Not that the people this show is made for would understand that.

You keep trying to make this about politics, how anyone who disagrees with you or thinks that this hamfisted social commentary is bland or boring must REALLY just be sad because they're le smelly nazi incels, but have you actually just considered that a sequel to Watchmen of all things (helmed by a guy notorious for shit endings, hamfisted allegory, and drastically missing the point of other, better works) is a bad idea?

I think its his temperament. He always seems nice, but like to say provocative things. But its expected after Provedence, Necronomicon, LoeG. He is an anarcho punk, he likes that.

Good point. Its like a resting face, its out of controll.

He uncovers Ozy, get his peers to fight alongside him. He solves the mystery why comedian was killed.
Thats really shit done. But this also makes him a tragic hero, his intentions were different and he needed to correct his assumptions several times. But isnt that with solving a puzzle? Follow the clues and even test wrong paths to get more info.

>the show only exists because WB is going to use the Watchmen name. Even Lindelof, who I have little faith in as a writer, basically said he's doing to so it doesn't get completely fucked up.
That's exactly why I'm arguing this show is a bad idea though.

Watchmen doesn't NEED a sequel. It's just as likely that the fat intern kid just threw the journal in the trash as it is he used it to expose Adrian for his crimes. It's meant to be up to the reader's interpretation because "nothing ever ends", but we can't just let it die because Watchmen sells a lot of comics and shirts and action figures and dammit there's money to be made.

It's a product born of corporate necessity for yet more profit and nothing more. Anyone who thinks it's something more is fooling themselves.

>He was unstable and violent; for the right reasons
Which is what alt-right retards think of themselves. All this bitching and you can't even grasp how easy it would be for people like that to prop Rorschach up... which people already discussed how Moore himself felt about real world people fixated on Rorschach.

Tell us your SUBTLE themes and how you'd do it? Cause I don't think you have shit. Kid.

Who the fuck is arguing it's a good idea?

It'll exist whatever we think of it. They weren't going to make another show with the same concept under a different name, because this concept only exists because WB greenlite a show called "Watchmen". What do you want us to do, overthrow modern copyright law? We'd love to!

I agree. He is portreat as a tragic character. Moore even gives us the clues why he grew up to be Rorschach.
Yeah, he is the archetype of not being black and white or, someone who does good things but has negative aspects.
But arnt there several such characters? And arnt they called grumpy? Rorschach is now the very brutal version of that.

I still have the fear its just The Leftover with Watchmen slapped on it.

This.
You can look at Rorschach a number of ways.
>Violent psychopath who, despite good intentions, fails in his quest, accomplishes nothing, and dies alone in the snow because it's all futile
>Tragic hero who refuses to abandon the concept of justice up until the bitter end, who may have actually succeeded assuming his diary leaks
It's very open to interpretation, but most general audiences don't like that. They want closure and explicit resolution that doesn't make them think too hard, hence why we get Watchmen sequels and prequels and sidequels and adaptations where Rorschach can go on punching bad men because that was the most epic and badass part of the original book.

>They weren't going to make another show with the same concept under a different name, because this concept only exists because WB greenlite a show called "Watchmen".
That's what I'M saying! Studio politics are the death of innovation, yet people are gonna eat it up because
>I love Watchmen and epic nerd comics haha fuck yeah this show agrees with everything I agree with haha take my money please!

I wouldn't be shocked, that kind of thing has happened plenty of times before.

Hell it's actually kinda ironic, since that's sort of how the original Watchmen story came to be.

Lol. I did. Even with my post prior you saw that i responded to you.
But you should have posted that from the start. If you looked closely, which you clearly didnt, you saw that i didnt reached your post than. And against all odds i jumped to your next one, to let you know how things really are and not how you percieve them.
But since you didnt bothered to start this kind of conversation from the start, dont blame me of your shortcomings.

But i consider things that go beyond structurally. Silkspectre showing family dinamics is way more than just structural things.
It sure does gave us nuancing, like in minutemen that silhoutte is the only one who really does heroicstuff that ends pain. She hunts a raper. Thats why the crimebuster are so happy about the japanese bombs.
And you find nuances in Comedian on how he is a playball in politics. How he does good thing but also bad things. And over time we see how he transgorm further to the "darkside"
But if you think that if its not onpar as Watchmen, thats ok. If you see it as bad and thin, i disagree, but see where you are coming from and can understand why you think this way.

Good points. He really is very maleable.
And people really like to known more. But its a thin line of what people expect and what they get.
For example Games of Thrones ending was not what many hoped. They wanted a storybook ending, while they liked the "realistic approach". And since they rushed the story and badly executed the episodes, gave them validations that the whole season was bad. Not only just "i didnt liked the ending" but could validate the critisism witht he bad execution.
Besides the prequel isnt just punching, but the exploring felt a little bit flat so it was just mediocre.

Pottery.

Fuck everything

We knew these things about the characters before the prequels. These things were all shown or hinted. We don't need to see expanded stories to understand their families or their origins.

Just because someone takes strands from a very dense work and expands them doesn't make it insync or nuanced. The average writer taking on a new comic from an old writer can pick up and use plot points. It doesn't make it good.

We got who Comedian was and how he changed from the flashbacks in Watchmen

>And it was mostly pointless because you feel its pointless, which shouldnt be a big point.
I don't *feel* it was pointless. It was pointless. There was no need to explore things. The incessant need to explain things is why comics get bad.

Watchmen exaplined all the characters perfectly. They don't need to be explored because there is nothing more interesting you can tell about them. You know where there were and how they became who they were by reading ONE story.

Hater..