Why did they save the best character until so far into the shown

Why did they save the best character until so far into the shown

Attached: IMG_20190907_235902.jpg (1280x1343, 83K)

Becca has to follow trends to make things popular and only recently has rubberhose been a trend

1 game does not make rubberhose a trend

Attached: rebecca.jpg (1080x1080, 130K)

Cause Sugar loves anime and thats how the movies work

Attached: supbrah.png (607x549, 413K)

Timeskip warranted a change in tone for antagonists and Spinel was the perfect foil for an aged-up Steven. Perfect timing really.

Attached: gfg.jpg (939x912, 70K)

reminder

Attached: based_spinel.jpg (680x479, 34K)

>"villain" is the most sympathetic character of the show in years
>Older Steven gradually becoming less empathetic and forgiving
They're trying to butter us up for S6, where the gems are the bloodthirsty oppressors and the "villains" are in the right

You think it’s just the one game?
It’s many things user

I liked rubberhose before Cuphead and now that Cuphead is a thing everyone thinks if I draw anything rubberhose that I'm ripping off Cuphead even though I've never played it.

>Steven's reached a point where he's just fucking done with all the problems his mother caused that he has to clean up
>Now does so out of a sense of obligation rather than a personal need to help others
A strangely natural progression and I almost miss the fat little boy who wanted everyone to be friends

Don't make me post the screencap where you're staring with longing at Steven and Connie embracing.

You would be too if you had to deal with half the shit he went through. S1 Steven was eager and naive and wanted to go on magical adventures and shit, and the one we have now is weary and just wants a peaceful, normal life

post it

In fairness, her character wouldn't have made any sense until after the PD= RQ reveal so at the very least they would have needed to wait until S5.

Almost dying multiple times will do that to you

This one?

Attached: 2ff79ef8-ff4e-44bf-8617-e7499a864b40.png (1280x720, 346K)

That's the one!

Attached: 1569124291184[1].jpg (1183x777, 96K)

she made her in 2017 so she probably was rushing to finish season 4 and 5 so she could get the idea out of her head and into reality

Probably even before that. Steg was planned before season 1.

Cute lewd...my one weakness.

Season 6 will be 90% Beach City slice of life episodes about Mayor Dewey and Ronaldo, there won't be a single voiced fusion, and characters like Peridot and Lapis will only have one episode featuring them.

>Mayor Dewey

does this qualify

Attached: 2678569.jpg (1620x903, 393K)

It's not canon, but I'll live.

god i wish that were me

naisu

Attached: Pearl Caught In the Middle.png (1620x903, 551K)

Attached: 1569026777123.jpg (648x481, 44K)

she conly barge in so many times before it starts getting suspicious

I've been accustomed to "mayor" being part of his name for so long that I forget he's not the mayor anymore.

>I will stand in this house and watch you two ruin the nice sheets
>(pulls a folding chair out of her head space)
>You may proceed, Steven.
>(now through her teeth) I said YOU MAY PROCEED.

Fuck, meant to say "I will not stand in this house"

Attached: a smidge.jpg (710x910, 263K)

Do you think they made the conscious decision to not have Steven hug her?

I've wondered this too, but I have no clue. Maybe it was intentional to show how he's grown up? Kinda like how they had him eat actual fries now.

Honest questions thread? Why didn't Garnet grab Steven and make sure to completely avoid the rejuvenator? Do not tell me this thing is not all powerful two years later

Attached: DxoXYFAWoAACFYC.jpg (894x1200, 184K)

That's OK, just so long as you're paying attention.

Spinel is like Majin Buu. Not the most powerful thing ever, but extremely tricky. Not to mention that it's implied to be a long time since they've seen battle and haven't been practising.

They didn't collect every corrupted gem on earth tho damn slackers

They've been doing it for 5000+ years, I think it's fair to say they got 99% if not more.

>the gem monsters Steven helped collect were released as tests
Holy diamond

Attached: tumblr_pavxpnN2W41s6opqso1_1280.gif (300x320, 62K)

lewd

Can somebody explain me:
>gem whose only meaning is amusement
>6000 years in isolation and literally standing still
>transforms without having been poof'd
>somehow has access to a device that can suck a planet dry
>also access to a scythe that "resets" gems
>manages to defeat three gems that have been fighting for thousands of years (but they're "rusty" after being in peaace for like what? 3 years?)
This is utter bullshit.