What's your opinion?

What's your opinion?

Attached: 4938828.jpg (600x933, 160K)

Like the cover art, never read it. What's YOUR opinion?

Good stuff. I love Cooke's art.

Attached: DC-The New Frontier #06 (2004) (22-23).jpg (2048x1617, 1.01M)

It was good. Would recommenced. Movie version was...okay.

Good shit. One of my favorites.

Attached: 1484420953334.jpg (2115x3256, 3.2M)

One of my most favorite art-styles. A great story marking the end of the Golden Age to the Silver age.

Attached: 7455027126_e04f36b090_c.jpg (653x799, 159K)

Will comic books ever be good again?

Love It

The best capeshit has to offer.

One of (if not the) best DC comic ever made

Are there any other comics that cover an era like this?

It's incredible. Cooke has such a strong grasp of what makes individual scenes and characters excellent and his art complements the story perfectly. The New Frontier Special has the best Batman vs Superman fight ever put to comics.

I got to talk to him at a convention way back when I was in high school and I gushed over this book. He was really nice and patient with me too.

>

kino series and movie

Overrated. Love it still. Gorgeous art, too.

>There's the door, space man.
Yeah, no. Fuck that shit.

One of the only 25 or so cape comics I actually enjoyed.

Absolute Kino

The art is EXCELLENT but that's Darwyn for you. I felt it was a decent origin story for Martian Manhunter, one that would be pretty easy to adapt into a stand-alone 1950s film that should be fairly low budget, for which they could change the mystery, still keep the Batman cameo and have Batfleck do it as a totally surprised cameo (ala the post credit scene in Far From Home) for shits and giggles since he doesn't have to work out and only be fit enough to fit into an Adam West type outfit. It also wouldn't really be expensive special effects wise.

It's also a good origin for Hal which again, would be a good basis for an origin movie for him, but no one is going to want to do a Hal solo movie for at least another decade or more. Otherwise, there were aspects of the story I'm not fond of, particularly the entire Centre thing. But it's still one of the few movies I bought and own in Bluray.

Attached: ice cream.jpg (470x233, 48K)

I actually think the art is great and the tone in many respects is excellent but I think the other Golden Age book would have made a better adaptation and is a better story.

Flash and Hal Jordan in the war scenes were both incredibly good. I quite liked the kid freaking out when Batman saves him too.

Fantastic story, and one of the best animated adaptations.

What are Darwyn Cooke's best comics? I've read this and the Parker series.

Attached: 15790._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1924, 395K)

I LOVED the art and the concept, but I felt like the writing couldn't match the scope of the project. It took the focus off the most interesting characters (Hal, Wonder Woman, among others) far too often.

That said, the art is perfection and the story is solid. 7/10, broh

>the other Golden Age book
The Robinson one? I gave up halfway. I wasn't feeling it.

One of the best superhero comics ever published and easily the best Justice League comic ever published. RIP Darwyn

Marvels, sorta.

Attached: file.png (1280x1968, 3.41M)

Pretty good, but i just wish the big threat was something more interesting.

I've heard good things about his Spirit run. His Catwoman was good.

It's very good, I'd say my only complaint is it does something of a disservice to the JSA

Going into my favorite bit, which was when Martian Manhunter talks with Faraday, and how despite the story having seemingly set up Faraday as the more human antagonist, its ultimately what J'onn sees in him that inspires him. Really thought that was a good twist.

Is this the one that covers major marvel events from the view of the public? That was some good shit.

I guess this is my only complaint with it. It's basically some weird living island bacteria monster, it's not a terribly compelling antagonist. Then again, with the personalities of the heroes involved, maybe the story doesn't NEED a big antagonist.

I am also mildly disappointed that Superman gets played for a chump a few times, but that's me being a Superfag.

yup. from the golden age till the end of the silver age (death of gwen stacy)

I have a signed and sketched copy of that when I met him years ago. Wish I had gotten the next ones signed too.

That style is so good.

overall pretty good, will say that there's at least one area the movie adaptation did better though, having Batman be involved with the final fight against The Centre

man Phantom Stranger's reasoning for the supernatural heroes to stay out of the fight against The Centre was such dumb bullshit

also Darwyn seems to have forgotten to have given an excuse for why neither Alan Scott or Jay Garrick got involved at the end unlike the other heavy hitters in the JSA

>I am also mildly disappointed that Superman gets played for a chump a few times, but that's me being a Superfag.
do agree that was a little lame, though at least what knocked him out of the fight was a reasonably decent excuse, he did basically get hit with a Yamato Beam after all

Nice enough stories, some great characterizations, but some characters are handled terribly. Top one would be Wonder Woman. It seemed that Cooke only exposure to Wonder Woman was Kingdom Come and Dark Knight Strikes Again. Superman too was pretty much wasted.

Probably my absolute favorite Wonder Woman design

Attached: RCO083.jpg (1330x2048, 1.01M)

To bad her character is awful in the story.
I don't know why Cooke had her be a vengeful and bloodthirsty US government's lapdog that goes around during the war time doing wet-works in the place of Superman who's the face of a bogus PR humanitarian mission, and then after the war after she's abandoned by the government with a nice medal because no one needs her bloody services pick her shit and leave in resentment, only showing later on to beg Superman to be more proactive and try acting as a the leader of mankind all because she's secretly in love with him and probably view as godly like always. That's hardly Wonder Woman. She felt more like some sort of less problematic Comedian or something.

You literally could cut Superman and Wonder Woman out of the story and little, honestly nothing would change in the story, other than people asking: "Where's Superman and Wonder Woman?" They don't contribute to the narrative in any capacity.

What Alan Moore did with grit & mud, Cooke did with smiles and optimism. It's amazing.

Attached: 1566245256560.jpg (1080x665, 34K)

I live the heroic little girl who finally gets the terrorist what it deserves.

Cool

Awesome. Did Marvel or DC do any more books like this?

No. The intire industry deserves to die.

How's the movie? I saw a steelbook version of it one time but didn't pick it up.

American Propaganda