What should being a mutant be classified as legally?

Attached: 1543107720160.png (1688x645, 757K)

Marvel definition of mutant is retarded, Inhumans and "Mutants" are basically in every single way the same thing. What about characters that were actually mutated like The Hulk?

X-men is a rushed Doom Patrol rip off that was always a mess since day one

Human (mutant). They don't even breed true.

Inhumans are (or were before Marvel removed everything unique about them) distinct enough from humans to warrant classification as a subspecies. They breed true and have significant physiological differences from humans, namely improved physical capabilities and reacting to the Terrigen Mists.

X-Men should be classified as Metahumans
Also god damn the entire Marvel universe is full of dumbasses and assholes, real life mutants would be revered and only hated out of jealousy

>Marvel definition of mutant is retarded
Eh, you only run into grey area with modified embryos. And when writers forget or ignore what a mutant is. X-gene mutants, what most people refer to as mutants, are just one kind of mutant.
>Inhumans and "Mutants" are basically in every single way the same thing
In canon, Inhumans are considered a kind of mutant.
>What about characters that were actually mutated like The Hulk?
Mutate, not mutant. That said, you can be both.

Lets be real, there are exactly 2 logical reasons why mutants are hated and feared in the Marvel Universe and their names are Magneto and Mystique. Those two are basically the entire reason why the world hates mutants, and the X-men have let them join up multiple times. Seriously, if I ever got a shot at writing X-men I'd reveal that every single future where mutants and humans co-exist and thrive it's due entirely to Magneto and Mystique being dead.

The significant number of NuHumans indicates that Inhumans don't fucking qualify as a subspecies.

Exactly. If the X-Men were the first to show up then they'd be seen as like the Fantastic Four or Avengers. Instead it was Magneto trying to kill everyone.

That's DC terminology. It's also ass since it applies to folks like Superman who isn't even human and doesn't even have any unnatural powers or traits.

>What should being a mutant be classified as legally?
As the worst kind of crime.

Attached: Bastion.jpg (302x470, 24K)

NuHumans are hybrids. They're Terrigen active(though the Inhuman books show not all of them will fully respond to Terrigenesis), but otherwise lack the other physical traits of Inhumans. Basically, a genetic profile of Inhumans would show several distinct differences that are always passed down to pure, and to some extent hybrid, offspring. A genetic profile of mutants would show a single point of difference isn't actually hereditary.

>NuHumans are hybrids
At issue is not what NuHumans are, but how many there are. A key component of defining a subspecies is breeding isolation. There is none with Inhumans. Even the isolated Inhuman settlements had to implement genetic testing to weed out Nuhumans because there were so damn many and they have a greatly increased risk of turning into a non-humanoid type Inhuman or dying from undergoing Terrigenesis (or just not undergoing it at all)

And anyway Inhumans are just Eternals with less foreign DNA in their genome.

Inhumans had breeding isolation. The existence of hybrid offspring does not preclude the contemporaneous existence of a parent species.

They wouldn't qualify as separate species in the first place due to a lack of reduction in fertility across hybrid generations, but beyond that, they clearly fucking didn't if they needed to constantly be on the look out for folks with human ancestors to the point where they implemented genetic testing for terrigenesis and kept it up across thousands of years. If you weren't getting a constant influx of human DNA, that wouldn't be necessary.

Bullshit, I'd be plenty scared knowing one of my classmates could wake up tomorrow with the ability to enter my brain and read my thoughts and affect my perceptions. Sure that would apply just as much to all the other metahumans but no fucking way I'd revere them.

Trips of truth.

There are several hybrid species in real life that are fertile, coywolfs and leopons most notably.

>the ability to enter my brain and read my thoughts and affect my perceptions
Yeah, but it's not like every single mutant has powers like that, for some reason mutants with a horn in the ass are treated as dangerous as people who explode by sneezing?

Because realistically they're just pawns for the ones who can read minds and affect perceptions.

That's such a paranoiac and narrow minded way of thinking

Yet it explains so well why the mutants all fall in line behind leaders who are telepaths or have telepaths at their side, and obey those leaders like unthinking, unquestioning drones.

Given the current status of X-Men, a story about a mutant whose only power is that he's completely immune to telepathy or any sort of -pathy power would be top-tier paranoid horror.

>What should being a mutant be classified as legally?
Kill on sight hostiles

What is the worse thing your classmate would do to you user?

Attached: EwHswLC.png.jpg (1012x675, 115K)

Is Cyclops supposed to sound like a terrorist in OP's pic?

Just like Terrrorists need to be classified. Muties have to be classified. Well the X-Men are terrorists.The x-men aren’t interesting for the past 20 years.

Mutant is a loaded term.
We should assess them based on their abilities
Freaks should get phychological counselling (may be strong, but ultimately harmless)
WMDs (such as any flame powers) should be reeducated in a safe facility.
Telepaths should be terminated, until effective suppression of their abilities is found.

The Eternals are basically flesh robots.
>grown by a machine
>body shuts down if they try to attack celestial
>Can't reproduce unless the prime Eternal allows their body to do it
>that weird forced love that Sersi had with Black Knight