So I'm late on this but I just finished the latest Season and did anyone else feel robbed...

So I'm late on this but I just finished the latest Season and did anyone else feel robbed? Terra was always the character that betrayed and will do so with real consequences to the team and story but in YJ she is discovered and is given a way out before anything can happen. Even her brothers "betrayal" was not really his own cause the light did their brain nudges so he's not pulling a Terra either.

Young Justice is too afraid to take their characters to seemingly unforgivable waters and thus lacks the emotional highs that better super shows have done before. Deflating an arc before it gets good is just boring.

Attached: source-YJ64Clip38_5d2d479d3fd2a7.46442461.jpg (900x506, 62K)

Fuck I hated that ending. Terra was pointless, if they wanted her brother to turn then they could have used pretty much anything since they were willing to use a mind fucker to just rewrite their characters out of nowhere.

It was rushed. But God damn do I need at least 1 Terra that didn't die at the end.

Some people liked that they didn't go with the obvious route for Terra - it's a tired gimmick at this point. Brion's actions also make sense when you take into account his fiery temper and the fact that he's been mistreated and lied to all throughout the season. With all this abuse is it really surprising it was so easy for him to be manipulated?

The problem is the escalation and payoff, this entire season we were led to believe that Terra was going to do something that would devastate the heroes current flow, something that would put them in an emotional climax and justify all the shady shit that building up tensions around the team. It's too bad that it turns out Terra was never going to disrupt anything and that all the emotional drama was talked out instead of fought out.

Also Uncle Ben's death and Bruce's parents getting shot are gimmicks yet they are constantly reinvented and made fresh as the years go on. Terra is known for this and it was applied well in Teen Titans, making her ruthlessly betray the team yet still give her an emotional dilemma that delivered the show some of it's most memorable moments. Nobody will look at this end as a great moment in storytelling, it will only be compared to better iterations.

Season was bad

Terra has only died once if you’re referring to cartoons... unless you’re telling me I need to catch up on TTGo?

This season was a huge disappointment in general

Terra not betraying the team was the right call. Its boring and cliched at this point. Plusit opens up a new direction for her character going forward.

>implying terra's gonna stick around

With Brion gone nuclear and possible retaliation by Slade, I'd say she has the most story potential out of the current YJ cast.

That being said, YJ rotates the cast every season so who knows.

That was honestly the best thing in an otherwise lackluster season. Every time Terra shows up it's just variations on The Judas Contract. At least here she's slightly more than an edgy plot device.

Brion.. had a hard life

Attached: 1569023693461.png (1000x1000, 463K)

>Nobody will look at this end as a great moment in storytelling, it will only be compared to better iterations.
But user, we aren't supposed to worry abouy Terra because she doesn't betray the team at the end. Batman and his amazing friends knew all the way.

Geo-Force is the one we are actually supposed to worry. He is gonna go full fascist dictator next season.

Did you really want to see The Judas Contract AGAIN?

Attached: teen_titans.jpg (768x433, 43K)

God this picture makes me want some Artemis/Terra femdom.

>Terra betrays the team
"Can't believe we are doing this again, it's cliche and overdone. We all know the story, Beast Boy falls in love with her, she betrays him. She then thinks Slade betrayed her and she ends up killing herself. Always the same."
>Terra doesn't betray the team
"WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE WRITERS DOING? Terra was always the character that betrayed and will do so with real consequences to the team"

Every. Time. You guys are just like Spider-Man fans with Uncle Ben's death.

She died in The Judas Contract movie. Her being turned into stone in 2003 TT is essentially the same thing as dying. Beast Boy even outright says it's a death on TTG.

> Batman read your micro-expression

Seriously? I’m a big Batman fan but this was the dumbest cop-out. Why not just have Cyborg intercept one of the dozen texts sent throughout the season?

Attached: BEEB8854-33EA-42BC-BC88-9E281CA754DC.gif (320x240, 1.83M)

Nightwing could have hacked her phone like he did with Brion.

I will take a guess and say the only reason why they went with the "Batman can read microexpressions" is because the writers were trying to say Terra being a traitor is so obvious that they didn't even need Cyborg or Nightwing.

At first I was super pissed but a give it some time and thought about it, and I Actually I think they were all being Mentally Manipulated like GeForce was.

If that were the case, they could have played it off like “It was pretty obvious with you walking off all the time” felt more like they were trying to give Batman a “badass” moment that felt contrived

why does terra look like a cute boy

>Nobody will look at this end as a great moment in storytelling, it will only be compared to better iterations.

Stop projecting your own opinion as a popular one.

The whole season was shit, not just the ending.

You don't see popular shows with this much polarization user. Young Justice is very ambitious but its also very flimsy. Lots of episodes that focus on subplots go nowhere and the constant shifting of cast members costs viewer investment.

Did anyone feel invested in Black Lightnings arc? Did anyone really care when he became the leader of the Justice League or whatever the last episode was going on about?

>You don't see popular shows with this much polarization user.
>What is Steven Universe?
>What is Adventure Time?
>What is Samurai Jack?
>What is Gumball?
>What is The Legend of Korra?
All popular with Yea Forums despite everything
Plus, if there is anything people praised the most, is that Terra didn't betray the team you fucking idiot

Oh sorry I meant to say objectively good shows

You sound way too invested in what you wanted from this incarnation of Terra to see that your wrong about the majority of people praising Terra. As another user here said, stop projecting your own opinion as a popular fact.

You know, with Brion being slightly mentally nudged by another psychic metahuman, and mindcontrol being rather ubiquitous, wouldn't it make sense for the supercommunity and Earth overall to invest in mindshielding technology?

After this shit? Kinda. Most likely... Yes.

The only thing about this season was this.
But some deluded whales think Jaime is bi or in denial. Can't wait for season 4, hopefully he goes full beaner and knocks up Traci young.

Attached: f168114e-ae82-4e73-8d2b-40495dd3c95c.jpg (750x561, 83K)

Now I'm talking out of my ass here, since I have no clue who this bad biblereference dudebro is, but the impression I got was that he could only use his power at one individual at a time.

because she has a cute penis.

He had to have used it on at least two, Brion and his uncle were both out of character in that moment. One minute the uncle is begging for his life then the next he's all "this won't stop until I die".

yeah the route they took kinda sucked in the end, made me way less hyped for season 4. show's a bloated mess, wants to do everything and ends up doing nothing.

Attached: terra f.jpg (1260x1058, 200K)

I think that was just shit writing, but may as well be. However apparently this is the first time he has any such powers, as in all previous appearances he has been a normie that deal in information. So I guess we may never know for sure.

If Greg really hated the age gap, Megan and Conner would have never dated. He just said that because he was pissed whales were shipping Bart with Jaime and not his original donut steel (yes yes Superfriends but it's honestly a new character at this point). People should have gotten the hint, but people are retarded.

I really want to fuck Tara

I think it was meant to be implied slade set her up with a communication that nightwing wouldnt be able to detect. The plan would be retarded otherwise.

Cyborg couldve worked cause hes fatherbox tech and not something slade couldve predicted.

People keep saying Cyborg. I understand intercepting text messages is within his powers, but this version of Cyborg had no interest in Terra or helping the team. Half the time his cyborg body was attacking his human body.

Cyborg was a mguffin this season, he gained all the necessary powers and new how to use them when the time was right, (when the story needed a way out).

is there even a good way to do that with terra? maybe if she's a part of the show from the start?

terra comes back in s5 as a retired hero though.

That's pretty standard for a Weisman series though so I don't know why you have anyone but yourselves to blame for being tricked again.

He always either builds up a big arc and then falls flat at the ending, or gets cancelled before her can make that ending.

he's maybe referring to the judas contract movie

If Terra stays as part of the team and her role and character are expanded past the usual stories, I'll build a shrine to Greg

“Why are we still here? Just to suffer?”

Teen Titans have only two stories it tells over and over again in every media ever. Judas Contract and Trigon. I find it really refreshing that Young Justice is doing something different.