How's Your Webcomic? #596

Previous thread: >/hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Don'ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
makingcomics.com/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
pastebin.com/BSVaT7uQ

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
Terrible Writing Advice: youtube.com/channel/UC3ogrx6d9oohf6D42G44j1A

>Brush Packs
CSP: mega.nz/#F!5xlV2IzJ!bg8BZB-oYaVrmD31S3fJHw

Attached: 1503041273800.jpg (1200x1165, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tapas.io/episode/1523896
instagram.com/monvana.comic/
tapas.io/episode/1523698
webtoons.com/en/challenge/vampires-apprentice/list?title_no=329797
tapas.io/series/The-Power-of-Stardust
tapas.io/series/Tad-Danger-Substitute-Ranger
tapas.io/series/Short-Stories-for-Short-Attention-Spans
youtube.com/watch?v=BASEDkG5VMhp8
youtube.com/watch?v=TG_ZEovDDKk
tapas.io/series/Virgin_and_Limpdick
thepowerofstardust.cfw.me/
youtube.com/watch?v=KkMZx8M8Bng
indd.adobe.com/view/f02f54fc-3837-4706-81d4-36f915da631c
boysland.smackjeeves.com/archive/#ch_117962
webtoons.com/en/challenge/boys-land/list?title_no=220574&page=1
youtube.com/watch?v=WVXqbteiflY
pmq.com/pizza-in-comics-the-life-and-times-of-admiral-pizza/
twitter.com/admiral_pizza
deviantart.com/washyourhandsman
admiralpizza.tumblr.com/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/the-life-and-times-of-admiral-pizza-and-friends-/list?title_no=325065
tapas.io/series/Admiral-pizza-
discord.gg/vjMZnKn
mspfa.com/?s=31590&p=111
tapas.io/episode/1525624
tapas.io/series/PREDATHEOSIS
predatheosis.tumblr.com/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/predatheosis/list?title_no=227480
newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1434168/1
newgrounds.com/art/view/prov22/predatheosis-1-russian-translation
tapas.io/episode/1525691
tapas.io/episode/1526013
webtoons.com/en/challenge/cardinal-junction/converging-paths-page-22/viewer?title_no=196040&episode_no=24
smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=178392
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How's your character design coming along user?

Attached: solcerus-danny-finalsketch.jpg (1554x2428, 298K)

Oh snap, fresh thread
Have some calming afternoon tones, friends

Tapas: tapas.io/episode/1523896
Insta: instagram.com/monvana.comic/

Attached: S1E12.png (940x1300, 734K)

The proportions are weird with this one. Looks like 12 y/o boy with huge neck and tits.

ah...! lovin the colours in this. great page.

He's supposed to be 14. Any ideas on how to correct that?

I wonder how much having a screen tablet improves drawing experience. I just can't see things when I'm using a screenless one. If normal paper and pencil had undo/redo buttons, I'd just use that but alas, technology has spoiled me.

His head is rather large and bulbous, like a baby's. The hair style looks kinda feminine, and seems to have large, feminine eyes. Also doesn't help that you seem to have emphasized the chest a bit too much, which seems to give him the hint of breasts.

tapas.io/episode/1523698
I'll get them out of there any year now.

you have 90% of the face squished into the bottom 25% of the head. That's something only little babies have. Particularly how high the forehead is. And the neck is too big
having a manly broad chest like that is fine, it doesn't look like tits. But the legs are small. That's a typical stylistic choice.

I'll redline it for you, waittasec

I should say that my neck was that thick at his age, but I had a much more mature, masculine build. Way more jaw and chin for example

Made some tweaks in PS. Does this work better?

Attached: danny-revise-1.png (330x718, 172K)

Ok, so I did the redline.. but than didn't save the lone layer with it... I'm an idiot.
I kept the basic concept of proportions the same but and tried to just correct the shape a bit. You also draw hands better than me so I didn't want to draw 'em...

Attached: redline.png (1554x2428, 1.9M)

He's less of a babbu now. Good goin.

Yeah, I made a pact with myself early on to not let anything be sacred. If a character design isn't working, it needs some re-thinking. No other way around it I don't think.
This has also helped a lot. Thanks.
I should note that the idea for Danny is that he starts off scrawny and as time goes on he gets more masculine.

>starts off scrawny
than my theory was correct. That huge neck and disproportionate chest were out of place.

Some rough layouts for the opening.
1/3

Attached: Solcerus #1 Thumbnails 1-17_01.png (3592x1200, 1.1M)

2/3

Attached: Solcerus #1 Thumbnails 1-17_02.png (3592x1024, 1.67M)

3/3

Attached: Solcerus #1 Thumbnails 1-17_03.png (3584x972, 1024K)

your roughs look more amazing than most finisheds

So I've written a 100k word novel about a superhero talent agency. How do I learn to draw to make it into a comic?

Working on my cast now. One of the characters as a feral (meaning non-anthro) golden retriever. But the problem I'm having is that they're very... standard dogs. There's not much I can think to do to differentiate her from other goldens other than an accessory, and a neckerchief is right out thanks to that Scooby Doo movie. Any recommendations? She's kinds outdoorsy and a bit dim, if that helps. A bow doesn't fit her character, so that really just leaves a collar of some sort.

drawabox.com if you've literally never picked up a pencil. Try to copy pictures you like 1:1 to build muscle memory and get an eye for things. Then try timed drawing to help with breaking down and building up things into simple shapes.

My one major criticism is that your panel layouts on each page are almost identical, which tends to get a bit boring looking. And even when they deviate from that, they barely do so.

extra shaggy fur, maybe just in one or two areas (Really extra shaggy ears and tail might be cute) or a tongue always hanging out, or she's significantly shorter than the others
you don't have a ton of options it's true, standardized dog breeds have resulted in some problems.

>standardized dog breeds have resulted in some problems.
Golden retrievers are fortunately one of the few actual problems I'm having. Other breeds are rare enough, like if I put in an American Eskimo or a papillon there aren't that many out there so even a rote standard one would stand out. And even ones as common and standard as a doberman could still have some fur variation. Though my current doberman OC has undocked ears and an unbobbed tail, which is pretty differentiating on its own, but I digress.

I might just bite the bullet and do a nice collar even if it is a bit boring. I made a braided paracord collar for my actual dog and that could work, but it's a bit tough to draw. Got any shortcuts for braids, especially when seen at weird angles?

Honestly if you take a column of heart shapes, slice them in half longitudinally, and then slide one of them up about 50%, you get a rough braid shape

Thanks, I'll give that a pass or two.

I don't have a whole lot to say about my update today. I'm just glad it's out.

Attached: page68.jpg (940x5640, 1.8M)

Happy to say I'm back to drawing through Space Pack again, having fixed up the story issues I was having. Now it's going to be full speed ahead until I finish it! Oni x Fox will still continue to run during all this as well!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 2.47.32 PM.png (551x575, 111K)

Cute stuff!

pack it up pack it in
let it begin

I said about as much on the discord, but this update is what my comic wishes it could be.

I've been forced to really experiment these last few weeks since I haven't had access to a scanner or anything really to work with traditional materials. I'm glad it's appealing still, that's good to hear

I so wish it was ready to share! Still a lot of work to do....

Also I'm not sure what kind of coloring style to go with for it. If it should be similar to this or more simplistic like in my usual drawings like with some shading. I guess it's a little too early to worry about that now.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 4.55.27 PM.png (777x531, 525K)

I might actually finish this next update on time. Holy smoke, I’m so excited.

Attached: BDDB5422-4F54-472D-88E3-7FAFCC7F2BE1.jpg (1067x1395, 785K)

I say just whatever you have time for each time, starting with the most vital panels. nobody's going to be like 'oh you've left that one flat colored, how LAZY, this isn't a Space Pack adventure at all!'

sick! just make sure the text is readable, it's very small my dude

Haha good point! I wouldn't want anyone thinking this isn't a true Space Pack adventure! I definitely plan to get all the flats done first and see where to go from there.

Ardiiiiiii where's your catfight pic?

Shit. I don’t even know what my style is.
Main character drawn with idea in mind, but couldn’t draw eye right so just kinda drew her again above without thinking about it too hard.
She looks a lot different than her complete full body, but I like her face.
I thought yours was a girl. I agree your proportions need some work. Otherwise I like your line confidence, ensemble, and hair.

Attached: 8A632E88-5A2A-45EF-AE3F-60E22D69048A.jpg (1322x2438, 335K)

Damn! Why is this thread such a ghost town? You guys got busted storming Area 51 or something?

We're all just actually drawing :^)

monkey's not gonna spank itself

Or in Otto's case writing. Is he the only pure writer in these threads?

I think there's a few that are just the writer.

Transients guy is just the writer too.

Remember this goober? I’m working on revamp of his design. I feel it looked too cartoony, and that’s why people hated it.

Attached: E654796B-4096-4DF6-AEFC-2425130ACE0D.png (1234x1472, 105K)

good design. I'll never get tired of shotgun-toting skullhead guys with cool boots and backpacks.
art's still not actually good, but I'm sure you'll get there with practice.

Life is bullying me hard. Somewhere before wednesday most likely.

What's wrong?

I guess. The scribbly style is intentional, obviously. I also have been forcing myself to unlearn stylized art.

This is one of my first drawings.

Attached: 537ADC63-702E-43E0-8FB9-9899C5586B27.jpg (895x1000, 90K)

pretty out there.
it wasn't obvious that was intentional

Sorry.

Also, I feel incredibly depressed and utterly hopeless. [\spoiler]

well you're able to do far-out stuff and well-designed stuff, so that's already something to feel good about. Now just work on getting gud.

I’ll try. I’m not a very good artist.

look at this bunch of dumbdumbs

Attached: bunch of fucking losers.png (545x779, 197K)

Drafting the Second chapter of the Concord Initiative has begun, and right out of the gate, I'm planning pages that are going to really be tough for me to do justice.

Attached: CI_Ch2_Pg1.png (940x1216, 629K)

Estella defeat comic should be finished over the weekend.

Attached: CI_Ch2_Pg2.png (940x1216, 730K)

spoilered for short blogposting
cant graduate due to bureocracy mess up, trying to fix that. Planning on leaving my job, uncertain whether to do so or not. Ultra tired. Bad future prospects for the time being.

I thought the hiatus would be way longer. Im excited.

I won't be updating properly until the beginning of November, but I should get a head start now.

at least you're aware of it. that's one step.

I knew this was a stealth Peanuts fanfic
I'm all for it

should i just redraw everything

Perhaps.

>stealth Peanuts fanfic
I kinda see marcie in dorophy but who are the other two?

no, improve the incoming art.

fair enough that's a stretch, but peanuts characters are so generic looking anyone could really be anyone, especially with another 10 years of age on them

>stealth peanuts fanfic
>they don't know Dorothy appearance is based on nessie.

Hope things get better for you, Ardi! I believe they will.

Yeah, that's something I'm still struggling with. I'm trying to make it so that I only panel as I feel the scene needs, but I've noticed I default to this same three-panel structure.
I'm open to hearing some other ways to go about it.

That kind of thing never bothers me, but what you're probably doing is when you go into paneling mode, you just settle into what's comfortable and works.
Try thinking about unusual and more interesting scene layouts ahead of time and writing or sketching them down. just as an idea, then adapt new scenes to that format as needed.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/vampires-apprentice/list?title_no=329797
I redid my comic. Now it's all a matter of regaining a following.

Decided to draft 2 more tonight.

Attached: CI_Ch2_Pg3.png (940x1216, 530K)

Attached: CI_Ch2_Pg4.png (940x1216, 628K)

>feral (meaning non-anthro)
(just say "non-anthropomorphic")

>But the problem I'm having is that they're very... standard dogs
>There's not much I can think to do to differentiate her from other goldens other than an accessory,
Doggles.
>Any recommendations? She's kinds outdoorsy and a bit dim, if that helps
Doggles, unusually long legs, unusually thick legs, wide paws, Dragon Age mabari warpaint/Kaddis, rope worn as a bandolier, a compass on a necklace, saddlebags, long hair on underside of body, usually covered in mud or dust, doggles

Attached: German_Shepherd.jpg (2046x1364, 1.33M)

tapas.io/series/The-Power-of-Stardust

Hey guys, check out some fanart I've gotten!

>No OP question

Man, its true what they say. You don't miss something until its gone.

Attached: The Ray Hodge.png (847x741, 766K)

working on this

Attached: Logo.png (500x164, 57K)

Dickwad holy father.

You have good taste in doggles, mein freund
but who has time to say anthropomorphic when anthro will do, and unlike so many retarded abbreevs, actually doesn't cut off the wrong part?

bitchin
Much better, see how much more readable it is now?
You could actually go back to the darker blue on the stripes now, if you wanted, back from how it was the first time.
I'd still hit the lamp and ring with some 'lighten' so they don't stand out more than the letters, but this is much improved. See how readable it is with the letters so much more even?

>How's your character design coming along user?
I wanted to talk about that too, it seems neat

ive considered this but i would easily get stuck in an endless loop of redrawing the same shit over and over
youd need a compelling reason to do it or else you're wasting everyones time and yours

I should start calling myself 'the great me' and see what happens

>Otto gets fanart
How in the fuck?

because his comic is good

Shut up Otto.

Attached: Twin Genie Logo.png (500x164, 54K)

i feel as if when i get new readers they would be more put off with the rough first few chapters of my webcomic

ah I see you took the outlines off of the stripes. That also works. Keep experimenting, you'll have fun

that's why you put the latest page on the front page, hope they see it, like it, and start from the beginning and be patient.
People aren't idiots, they know the beginning of every comic sucks.

But if they see the last page they'll see the spoilers and won't be interested in reading it

>Everyone I don't like is Otto.

it won't mean anything to them at the time.

New shill post and new pages.
tapas.io/series/Tad-Danger-Substitute-Ranger

I tried a lot of new stuff with these pages, so please tell me what you think.
I nixed the comic sans and made a custom font. I spent last night straitening it up to be slightly more presentable. I was also relearning clip studio after overhauling my settings so there is still a bit of jank.

Attached: Tad Danger Chapter 2 page 14.png (664x940, 595K)

And here is the newest page.

I also uploaded some of my old creepypasta stuff to Tapas. They are extremely cringey and I hate them, but sometimes a little embarrassment is fun. So if you want to see me not be funny, then here you go.
tapas.io/series/Short-Stories-for-Short-Attention-Spans

Attached: Tad Danger Chapter 2 page 15.png (664x940, 451K)

I guess I must have horrible taste because I like this

I appreciate it. My prose stuff freaks me out. I have mountains of stuff I have written in all kinds of genres, and literally none of it has seen the light of day before last night.
I did those stories upwards of 7 years ago.
My IRL friends have offered to read my stuff and I chickened out. That and the greatest majority of it is unfinished, so I never wanted anyone to see it in that state.
Comics for some reason just felt easier to expose than my written word.

You and Otto should form the league of failed writers.

>league of failed writers
That's a good band name. Probably a folk punk band with a theremin.

You were supposed to get mad!

Ooh I can play that.

you need to try harder mate. i already know i am talentless.
if you want to start a fight, then you'd talk shit about my collection of robot toys.
ill square up in a walmart parking lot over my gunpla figures.

the lineart looks better

>ill square up in a walmart parking lot over my gunpla figures.
That's a cause worth fighting for

I wish I could draw like Steph

Especially if it's literal, like you've set them up in the parking lot to fight each other

Who is Steph?

I'd be totally down for that haha

Speaking of Gunpla, I literally just found an old model kit in my closet I didn't remember having that I never finished! How exciting! I'll finish it in case I ever need to take it to a parking lot fight

its you

mazel tov! what a nice surprise.
maybe show it off in the discord, i'm super curious

Unofficial QOTT: If your comic had a theme song which would it be?

Here's mine: Kino - Spokoynaya Noch
youtube.com/watch?v=BASEDkG5VMhp8
For a cold, somber, war-ridden and hardly sensible world, where the protagonist and deuteragonist struggle to find a new direction

Attached: Abissale Concept.png (933x418, 159K)

Here's my Gabriel redesign progress. Still trying to get those proportions down.

Attached: Gabriel.png (2400x2408, 54K)

YEETO DELETO

youtube.com/watch?v=TG_ZEovDDKk

I wanted to find a track that represents how the protagonist is a broken-down, pained, guilt-ridden, and exhausted man who nonetheless carries on because it's his job, never letting his true feelings show out of a desire to not be a burden.

Attached: 1567668160379.png (791x695, 430K)

Huh. These threads are usually more active than this.

We are all busy being fantastic artists.

Ah. Makes sense

the new pages are UP!
tapas.io/series/Virgin_and_Limpdick

Attached: thum4.png (300x300, 104K)

Nice, pat.

Attached: Reimu.jpg (502x562, 46K)

Have a swell day, kids!

Attached: 2019SEP21_rococo_doodle_color_pencil.jpg (885x1200, 303K)

Is Rococo going to fight the tournament winner?

thanks based 2hu poster

If I have time, maybe.

Who won?

Attached: rococo_feathersworth2015NOV03_002.png (620x877, 43K)

No one yet, but smart money is on Gasolina winning. We're in the semis.

gib milkies

All hail the Queen of hyw!

Have CF posted his entry yet?

Not yet.

wow thats some neat fanart!

So there's no point in guessing who'll win yet.

I think it's going to go to Fishergirl vs Gas. I don't see CF pulling an upset like he did last time.

Also, I was considering a few elements for GWAGs general story, and I don't know.which ones work or even sound interesting (NOTE: These do NOT overlap)

1. Get rid of the ensemble cast and make it purely Gabriel's story, with maybe a few encounters with other undead warriors. Try and hammer home the fact that Gabriel is a grunt, not because of a lack of capability, but because he's too mentally damaged to effectively do anything besides fight, carry out his orders, and survive.

2. End the series with Gabriel trapped in Hell, fighting an endless horde of demons/evil spirits from throughout mythology. His fate is left ambiguous, and only the allies he made remember him

3. Have him befriend a female Antichrist (Yes, there's more than one Antichrist. Lucifer gets around) and accidentally become a better father figure to her than Lucifer ever was.

Skeleboi redraw progress

Attached: Gabriel.png (2400x2408, 65K)

We're getting popular buddy!

Ahahaha surely you mean Fishergirl right...right?

If we win the tournament I'm 90% sure Rococo is going to kick Percy's pink butt.

Ah, brings back memories of Medabots!

Can I be the lead singer?

Attached: Medabee.png (540x360, 169K)

I hope so.

You're a creative guy! Tad has a great concept to him, you can do the entire series just by having him interact with different combiner teams! If you ever want someone to read over your stuff, I can do it!

Awwwww thanks guys! Sorry I was so bitchy Thursday. I've been under a lot of stress starting student teaching. It's rather daunting being on the other side of the classroom!

You have a lot of potential

We're now mirrored on comicfury, because smackjeeves is a ghost town and tapas is a BL site that just so happens to host a few other comics. Let's see how we do!

thepowerofstardust.cfw.me/

>Super Sonic Air Guitar
That I want to see!

>Aether drives
Cool! Sounds like the Sizuma drives from Giant Robo: The Day the Earth stood still. I took the Ishikawa gestalt principle from Ken Ishikawa because Getter is the oldest combining robot.

Almost done with this short story. My artist is slow, but I think it'll be worth the wait.

Incredibly pure friendship awaits.

Do your best, /hyw/.

Attached: WIP2.png (2480x3508, 2.7M)

*gymnopedie plays*

Attached: DSCF6692.jpg (940x705, 567K)

working on something really odd for my next update, I hope it ends up making sense

Attached: 20160827_064151.jpg (1125x1028, 362K)

looks neat,
what's the gray houses and stickmen for?

her anatomy lmao
so this is the true power of anime

>Ha ha I'm posting it again

Placeholders. Like I said, it's unfinished.

I want to fuck the shit out of this little woman.

I don't know why you made these images, but they're very cool. Keep up the good work.

Every time you post something like this you're drawing attention to and giving the comic free advertising. I hope you know that.

>being this much of a fucking pedo

Attached: IMG_20181111_200413.jpg (1354x784, 52K)

Well, with a body like that she looks more like a dwarf than a kid.

Women with these proportions exist all over the place and they're anything but childish. I'm sorry you've never had the opportunity to interact with one. Writing them off as dwarves is pretty rude, and I hope you'd never said that to their faces

>Hurrrr I h8 anime!
Imagine being this butthurt over anime style.... in a fucking dead general thread with only 30+ regular members

Is this a power western cuck webcomic artist with 2 digits readership?

it's always been this youtube.com/watch?v=KkMZx8M8Bng
but sometimes I think it should be Yamerarenai from Tenchi. which I guess I can't link you, because it looks like the music police have been out in force. Way to slaughter the cows after the barn door's.. whatever.

A great way to get proportions down is to use construction techniques. build the character out of proportional shapes first

>Writing them off as dwarves is pretty rude, and I hope you'd never said that to their faces
How do you politely call a person with dwarfism, then?
Cause she looks way shorter than 147cm/4'10.
And I'm not a person who laught at people with disabilities btw.

I should do that

>this defensiveness
Oh my good lord, he actually believes him
Fight the good fight, shitposter!

Some random;
I like option 2, that sounds hardcore, but I don't know the context it fits in. This is the first time I've heard of GWAG. Highly visible posts in my experience are responses to someone, have been replied to and have attached images, usually headshots or reactions.

Attached: 1475452438701.png (709x736, 575K)

>THIS defensiveness

I've never understood why it's preferable to call someone a fucking mythological term like dwarf over a made-uppy word that only means the very specific truth of their condition like 'midget'
'little people' is like the worst of both worlds. demeaning, calls attention to the worst aspect, and is what old twee irishmen call fairies.

I call them "big dwarfs"

Are there any good tutorials for paneling? I'm getting okay to pretty good at drawing, but I'm not sure how to lay out pages on, like, a panel to panel basis. And even before that, I don't know how to approach dialogue and word bubbles and stuff.

He wasn't dead
He was just taking a rest

Attached: Portada new.png (1134x1877, 441K)

Oh well, it’s as done as it’s gonna be. Here’s an early update, Yea Forums!

Attached: C1D802E9-0BCA-4851-B672-0334AD23EC00.png (1668x2224, 1.99M)

Reaching the final part of my comic, and I'm pretty happy with it, as frenetic and convoluted as it is!

Found a way to share it in an "easy" to read way through adobe, since Yea Forums seems to hate tapastic

indd.adobe.com/view/f02f54fc-3837-4706-81d4-36f915da631c

Attached: BetterPlace-253.png (940x1225, 1.48M)

Oh! Haha

I'll post a pic of it in the discord when I finish!

Hey fellas, new chapter is out for Boys Land!

Read it on Smack:
boysland.smackjeeves.com/archive/#ch_117962

Read it on Webtoon:
webtoons.com/en/challenge/boys-land/list?title_no=220574&page=1

Attached: 01.png (850x1227, 821K)

Actually coming back to this
>Imagine being this butthurt over anime style.... in a fucking dead general thread with only 30+ regular members
Where even are you even going with this? What was your plan, sir?

>Is this a power western cuck webcomic artist with 2 digits readership?
THIS IS WHAT ANIME DOES TO AN OTHERWISE HEALTHY MIND

Attached: 1524058748152.png (600x450, 222K)

I do hate it but I put up with tapas to read your comic

but I'm not in the discord

>mfw animefags and westerncucks are figthing again
we cant be all frens?

Attached: c´mon.png (656x755, 57K)

bruh join the hyw discord

What's the problem with tapas ?

I unironically ask myself the same question often.

Nyamo didn't invite me

Everything is wrong with it.

it's not invite-only is it?
and Nyanamo Bay invites everyone in there on sight, you must have never posted any art

wow, just caught up on your comic, amazing! can't wait to see how it ends.

I can't wait to reread. Harro's comics always read better in a binge.

Thanks anons! I'm very excited, hope you enjoy the ride!

>again
We're not actually fighting, I'm mocking him. I know he can't improve. And that's fine! Really! All sorts of people have terrible taste.

Attached: 1551118240205.jpg (1076x696, 241K)

youtube.com/watch?v=WVXqbteiflY

>since Yea Forums seems to hate tapastic
>I do hate it but I put up with tapas to read your comic
What's up with Tapas?

>you must have never posted any art
Hell, I don't think I've ever posted art and I got an invite.

boomp

More pages drafted for the second chapter. I missed drawing Cavallo. He's a blast to draw.

Attached: CI_Ch2_Pg5.png (940x1216, 630K)

Attached: CI_Ch2_Pg6.png (940x1216, 676K)

Your writing is always so good.

I've mentioned this before, but I am definitely putting a great deal of effort into my writing, since I know I cannot CURRENTLY compete with the big boys in terms of technical artistic quality. I'll compete with writing quality and consistency.

Admiral Pizza links-
Read about me in PMQ magazine, I'm kind of a big deal.- pmq.com/pizza-in-comics-the-life-and-times-of-admiral-pizza/

Interact with me on twitter! twitter.com/admiral_pizza

Deviantart-deviantart.com/washyourhandsman

Read All the EXCITING ISSUES HERE

Tumblr-admiralpizza.tumblr.com/

Webtoon-webtoons.com/en/challenge/the-life-and-times-of-admiral-pizza-and-friends-/list?title_no=325065

Tapas-tapas.io/series/Admiral-pizza-

PIZZA POWER!

Attached: ZADMIRALPIZZAADD.png (1290x1950, 3.54M)

Bump

Attached: Chad and the Lads.png (940x940, 696K)

ADMIRAL PIZZA FAN ART CONTEST! My Birthday is coming And i want to see your AWESOME fan art of the ADMIRAL! The Winner gets to be featured in my newest comic! AND YOU GET 20$ THAT'S ENOUGH FOR LARGE PIZZA! You have 7 Days! Winners will be announced on the 28th I want to get as much artwork in there as possible! Even if you lose-YOU STILL WIN! I will post your submission to my thousands of twitter followers! You have EVERYTHING to gain, and NOTHING to lose!

Attached: FANART.png (1200x742, 760K)

>announce contest with only a week to go
>deadline is sooner than sword comic guy's comic which he gave us over a month to work on
... I'm still probably doing yours first.

>110198990
Does it have to be of the admiral or can I draw the cute blonde, the swanky goatee guy, or the blob princess?

Alright, FINALLY I finished chapter 15 of my comic. Will post the last six pages.

Starting with Azu breaking into the palace.

Attached: 17.png (918x1263, 1.31M)

You might have considered not making your entire elite palace guard be composed of pretty boys.

Attached: 18.png (918x1263, 936K)

Azu does the thing.

Attached: 19.png (918x1263, 1.04M)

Up until this moment they were just following her like, as a joke, ironically. But now they start to buy it.

Attached: 20.png (918x1263, 977K)

Swanky goatee guy is young "Marshall Pizza" You can Read my comics and draw from whomever or whatever inspires you!

Attached: AP2pg4.png (1290x1950, 2.08M)

Punished Sutak. A man denied his imoutos.

Oh wait.

Attached: 21.png (918x1263, 910K)

I consider that page of Admiral Pizza part of my updates too now.

Anyways thats it. Boss fight time. Now onto chapter 16, probably the chapter I have been mor excited about drawing when I started this whole thing.

Attached: 22.png (918x1263, 1.03M)

discord.gg/vjMZnKn
this'll get anyone in who wants in

One criticism: It feels like her getting to her car should be it's own panel to build up 'tension' for the final panel.

We're gonna have to socku the dirty damm otaku
And Uncle Sam's the guy who can do it
We'll shred his body pillow and his screams will start to billow
And he'll think divine winds struck him when we're thru it
We'll take the greasy pervert to anywhere outside
We'll beat on his head as we'll paddle his behind
When we get done with him, he'll wish that he had died
We gotta socku the dirty damm otaku
Uncle Sam's no goon he likes watching a cartoon
and even plays Splatoon don't forget it!
But when somebody goes and makes shit tier waifus
They'd better grab raifus or theyll regret it

We're gonna have to socku the dirty damn otakus
The weebs and all their shilling will be changed to sushi filling
And their glasses wont be shining when we're through with it
Their Modus O for spamming is to post a smug face
of his waifu whose waiting in the anime place
We'll kick them and their face down to the other place
We gotta socku the dirty damn otaku

We're gonna have to socku the dirty damn otaku
I wouldn't fool ya mister: If Sam goes to raise a blister
Won't be panty shots your nose bleeds from when through it
We're sick of your crap, how your avatar's a trap
Lets turn you upside down right on Miyazaki's lap
We'll grab your katana an make it go snap!
We gotta socku the dirty damm otaku
Uncle Sam is mild: As peaceful as a child,
But never get him riled or you will rue it!
So now they wanna fight! Well they've bit off quite a bite!
And Uncle Sam is gonna make em chew it!

We're gonna have to Socku the dirty damm otaku
And Uncle Sam's the guy who can do it.
We really don't smile when we see all your war crimes denial
And we'll shove your ass in a locker just to prove it
Uncle Sam believes in the Golden Rule
But when he sees bad porn he's gotta kick like a mule!
And warnin nazi furs: Uncle Sam's next beatings yours!
We've gotta socku the dirty damn otaku

(I kid, some of my best friends are weebs)

A sketch for the Great Stair Labyrinth chapter I've been working on. This is the lower dungeon.

Attached: file.png (1055x770, 269K)

>1 am
>decide to draw comic page
Does the text here look fine ?

Attached: Twin Genie P3 9.22.19 small.png (900x835, 267K)

terrifying....
the text is good, this is a good font.

>terrifying....
wha ?

the premise

a fun__ premise

*for bonnie

How is he gonna fight? He looks really composed considering she killed his soldiers like it was nothing.

Alpha Bitches be like that
It gets worse

bump

an appearance by god, faked websites, the beginnings of one-page horror stories as part of the narrative. also i made an after update page

mspfa.com/?s=31590&p=111

(the after update page)

Attached: iconfight.gif (650x488, 1.85M)

Slow thread

well, it's night time for amerifriends...

Now it's afternoon in Europe.

I really need some help with this guys arms.

Attached: Gabriel.png (2400x2408, 96K)

He doesnt have any magic skills or anything, but he is a decent fencer and his sword is a demon-hunter weapon, which means onis cant regenerate any of its damage. The sword is also somewhat emphathic an will try to kill anything demon-related on its own, kind of like a magnet. The Priest chain and pendulum thing was the same.

Ill be honest here, Sutak is still a single human fighting four top level oni, and sword-aside he is not even stronger than any of the soldiers they just wrecked. The reason he is so calm is because he is armed with an unwavering love for himself. He could be surrounded by 50 hungry oni and still not break a sweat, because in his mind, he is Sutak, so why would life be cruel to him and cause him any kind of pain?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-22 A Story Of Fire 1 Unforgivable Sin Tapas.png (612x511, 401K)

Also for the lewd-fellas ill be drawing the catfight entry next obviously.

I really like how you drew her there. Your style starts to remind me of Pedrovin, thats a style I want to achive at some point.

I would imagine most people here are from murrica.

Looking forward to it!

This hopefully helps. You will make your life a lot easier by drawing prominent shoulder joints. Unless the arms are unnaturally long or short, the elbow should come to about the bellybutton, and the hand should end around the bottom of the groin area.

Attached: 1569158309201.png (2400x2408, 447K)

Thank you for your help. I will attempt to follow your advice to the best of my ability.

YA ALL WORKIN REAL HARD ON YOUR DRAWINGS FOR THE ADMIRAL PIZZA CONTEST RIGHT?!

Attached: AP3COVER.png (1290x1950, 2.06M)

I've recently been trying to get back to doing art after I stopped due to college, decided to experiment a bit with my coloring and trying to get less rusty

Forgot the drawings because I'm smart that way

Attached: 1569025599146.png (1417x1890, 877K)

Another drafted page.

Attached: CI_Ch2_Pg7.png (940x1216, 539K)

Another one, also any opinions and advice about my art style is welcomed

Attached: 1569163983888.png (1417x1890, 687K)

b

Im amazed at the eerie feel this gives me. It blends pretty well.

I finished reading the story, that was really fun. The fight was especially exciting, even though I knew how it would end. I can say Julie is adorable, although adorable girls arent exactly my type. But I guess we all need some limitations when we have broken powers.

Have you ever written a novel? Like, something that starts from zero. In this case I could tell you showed a lot of the world in your comic, the reader is kind of pushed in the middle of it. Works for the story since its mostly about the fight and the bet and the friendship, but im curious if you have written a story that develops the world from the beggining. Im not sure Im making myself clear since english aint really my thing.

Anyways great stuff, keep it up.

When you make a Comic-Do you do the characters or the story first? I discovered that i usually come up with villains first and write stories around their actions-Villains are more :
"Proactive"..Heroes tend to be more "reactive"

Attached: Ap4darkhand.png (1196x1390, 188K)

The lips are rather intense, and her neck looks distended. I'd reign in the size and juiciness of the lips and slenderize that neck. On more minor notes: the ears should probably be higher up on her head, and her eyes lack depth into her skull. That's not style notes so much as recommendations for technical polish. I'm getting an Ed, Edd, and Eddie/Lascars/As Told by Ginger vibe, personally.

This is quite good, although I would move the mouth further toward the center of the face for a neutral expression.

Thanks! The lips actually were supposed to be that big (I made it for a friend who asked for a portrait) but everything else I'll keep in mind

found some old character designs I might end up using. Thoughts on these guys? They're robot twins.

Attached: 34475263_383692202114377_5920199142897876992_n.jpg (1536x2048, 214K)

inviting you personally UwU
discord.gg/vjMZnKn

ghost trick/10

new page fellas! featuring everyone's favorite goth AND everyone's least favorite goth

tapas.io/episode/1525624

Attached: impish thumbnail 1.png (1800x1200, 549K)

A part of me really wants to start a web comic... But the other more prominent part have cero trust in my own abilities to pull it off.
Also I'm really slow... I mean, only these 3 pages took me like... 3-4 weeks or something.

Attached: image.jpg (1062x1361, 336K)

Attached: image.jpg (1062x1366, 340K)

Maybe one day...

Attached: image.jpg (1062x1366, 286K)

I don't see why not. why so hesistant?
have more confidence in yourself, you stupid idiot.
also speed will improve with practice and completing more pages.

I guess I tend to compare my work with the many other awesome works out there too much.

But I know that's a mistake since everyone has it's own style.

I think people really dislike the navigation, and archive system

Tapas: tapas.io/series/PREDATHEOSIS
Tumblr: predatheosis.tumblr.com/
Webtoons: webtoons.com/en/challenge/predatheosis/list?title_no=227480
Newgrounds: newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1434168/1
Russian translation by Prov22 : newgrounds.com/art/view/prov22/predatheosis-1-russian-translation

Attached: p052.png (600x800, 94K)

Attached: p053.png (600x800, 141K)

Why are you guys fighting over art style? It's not like any of your webcomics are even good.

ah fuck you're right. I forgot that even existed

Just finished this page and updated on Tapas
Im going to start doing smaller episodes, and then consolidating the chapters when they are finished.
tapas.io/episode/1525691

Still trying to get used to the new settings, but I like where it is taking me.

Attached: Tad Danger Chapter 2 page 16.png (665x940, 500K)

it'll get easier.

This is looking so much better now than when you first started posting here
I would say the next thing to work on is your word bubble shapes. Some of them are brushing up against the words, the jagged lines for the exclamations are just random jaggy shapes instead of diverging from a central point...
plus the green letters look haphazard and uneven, so next time you have those it's worth carefully blocking them out. that's the new standard you're setting with this improved art. God, look at those skulls.. they're just so not-flat.
oop you left one of the cheekbones blue on the dryplanes

8 pages now

Attached: CI_Ch2_Pg8.png (940x1216, 624K)

>It's not like any of your webcomics are even good.
Anime would make it WORSE

Attached: 1547540223148.png (193x182, 20K)

How exactly? Even if it wasn't anime-styled it wouldn't be able to hide your bad/flawed writing abilities. It's everyone here cares about style more than substance. No one wants to read your shit if it's bad even if it had good art.

its so vindicating to know im getting better
the green letters was me trying to be cool. i keep getting told the jagged letters are bad but i do them anyway. ill work on that. same with the word bubbless.

bump

Attached: First QnA Answer 2 thumb.png (335x280, 158K)

Why is he avoiding his parents?

This is definitely a spoiler. This is the first indication. But if you don't really care about spoilers:

Gasparro is the Grand Monitor of the empire. Think of it as a Secretary of War/Biggest Baddest Knight or Paladin fusion. He took way more vows than most other Grand Monitors do, including a Vow of Isolation. He forsook his family and friends, removed himself from any inheritance, and in all ways cut all intimacy off. He refuses to see his parents because he willingly gave them up in order to achieve maximum, autistic levels of devotion and clarity.

But that's all BS, actually. He doesn't engage with his parents because he's absolutely terrified of their eventual deaths--he is not emotionally prepared to lose the only people who truly, deeply love him.

Attached: Gasparro Cavallo.png (940x940, 618K)

Now that´s just sad.

i want to see punished Gasparro

are we still doing that cooking contest after the cat fight is finished? i really liked that idea.

I liked all the ideas, including the racing and whatever

working on drawing better facial expressions since I feel like I've gotten a little stale with those

Attached: faces.png (1000x1000, 33K)

im in too

Does something like a stress ball help warm up your hand for drawing? Or is there some weird thing going on where those actually do more harm than good?

exercising your grip is always good, but unless you've had your hand in a cast for weeks, your grip strength should be fine.

Not really strength, just keeping the muscles warm and keeping something like carpal tunnel from setting in.

Pull ups and working out in general seems to work for that and prevents things like carpal tunnel.

in my experience, the more I 'stretch' or 'warm up' the more I just wear out my muscles and risk strain, but everyone's different.

So I've got two comics I'm working towards drawing. One's borderline porn and the other one would probably be a kid's comic. Would it be important to keep the two comics as separate as possible, even using different pen names for them? On the other hand, a fair few CN staff famously have drawn/draw porn and Dana Simpson draws a kid's newspaper comic now but started with bestiality propaganda.

Quick drawing I did last night. I sometimes enjoy imagining my characters in a fighting game for fun, and I like to think these two would battle together as a duo!

Sounds good to me, too!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 12.05.15 AM.png (921x372, 465K)

it was tranny propaganda. nobody would have a problem with bestiality if dogs could talk.

super flashes are my all time favorite videogame trope.
what's their super move and what one liner do they shout?

That's a good point. I'd probably have to hide it under a layer of progressivism, but that's an audience I'm honestly terrified to attract. I'll use a separate pen name if I do the kid's comic.

Oh, good questions!! The super move is actually going to be in the comic, so I'll have to keep it secret until then, haha! As for a one liner, I admit I haven't thought about that yet....

I think about that stuff all the time

you can't escape that audience, they're everywhere and they particularly enjoy butting in on childhood while condemning everyone else for corrupting the children. Just pretend they don't exist.
and sure you can use different names, people have done that for centuries, it doesn't imply any kind of shame.

Nice! It's pretty fun stuff to think about!

There's a difference between a comic getting that audience and making a comic that has an explicit progressive liberal message. You can pretend they don't exist with the first, but it's hard to ignore your primary audience if it's the second. Especially tweaking the plot/message of a comic to better appeal to them is just asking for it to backfire horrendously. I think just using a different pen name for kid friendly stuff is probably better.

Remember when everyone was triggered over the word clique?

Cardinal Junction update! Final page to issue #4, too!

tapas.io/episode/1526013
webtoons.com/en/challenge/cardinal-junction/converging-paths-page-22/viewer?title_no=196040&episode_no=24
smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=178392

Attached: 22.png (940x1456, 765K)

This is adorable. /hyw/ fighting game when?

Thank you so much! A /hyw/ fighting game would be a lot of fun!

Makes me wonder if we could ever do a drawing contest like that, where any character could participate to become the hyw fighting champion....

would Tad play like MvC2 Sentinel or MvC2 Jin?

We've discussed it a billion times. I know we're all aware of how hard it would be, but dream of it not being
I feel like the best way to actually make something like this work would be if we all submitted a headshot in a standardized size (or several of them) and put them all into a character-select page.

It would also be neat if we all did pixel art at an agreed-upon scale, so our crossover all looked cohesive.

Oh, that's too bad.... But the alternatives like doing headshots or pixel art could still be fun.

i knew i should have learned how to make mugen characters when i had the chance.
id atill be down for a roster collab though.

Woo people like my ideas!