Will we ever get another show like this?

Will we ever get another show like this?

Attached: 61A0HEAVP9L.jpg (332x475, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yarn.co/yarn-clip/397759a7-79d4-44b3-a7dc-175cb1e43e8e
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nope

I really love how stylized yet detailed this show was

Only if it's Chung. I don't think anyone else would be able to capture the style, ambiguity and sexiness that went into it.

What's Chung been doing these days?

It's a shame that animators don't even have time to make stuff like this anymore. And I believe Chung has said that he exclusively works with digital now, which is a waste of his talents, as he's animated some of the trippiest things on stuff like Aeon and Rugrats.

Nah.

There was a brief time in the 90s when American Animation, influenced by anime, tried to tackle more "adult" stuff like action and sci-fi, but none of it really caught on.

The only thing that really caught on for Adult animation was comedy, so we'll have adult oriented animated comedies forever.

But other adult genres, I doubt it. Unless that Love, Death, Robots thing leads to more experimental adult animation...

>I believe Chung has said that he exclusively works with digital now

He did. He's all in on 3D animation.

>which is a waste of his talents

I could not agree more.

yarn.co/yarn-clip/397759a7-79d4-44b3-a7dc-175cb1e43e8e

No. It was good and that's illegal these days.

I concur.

Nope.
Experimental strangeness dead in western animation outside of the very rare serious art film and the occasional anime.
>He's all in on 3D animation.
I hate this hobby. It makes me sad.

We just got Undone. I don’t see much buzz about it, but at least it was something different.

Attached: F722A5E7-9ACA-4956-ABAE-B15579969383.jpg (1131x640, 458K)

>I hate this hobby. It makes me sad.

Animation is an endless series of disappointments punctuated by occasional bursts of quality entertainment.

Is that really animation though? It's more like post-processed live-action.

oh, user, don’t worry. there’s a live-action reboot just around the corner!

>detail
Nope, it's beanmouths til' the end of days now.

Attached: jesus-wept.jpg (740x433, 55K)

>there will never be another cartoon cyberpunk neo noir with Heavy Metal sensibilities on network television

Attached: Spicy-City-created-by-Ralph-Bakshi.jpg (1000x1363, 133K)

>western
What's europe.
Every time
Every fucking time.
Get the american out of your brain

I hate you.

would Netflix risk it?

I was including Europe, friend.
If I have missed out on a french cartoon or something I am sure we would all appreciate being enlightened though.
I hadn't heard about this before but holy fuck does it look like shit. What is the point of it even being ''animated'' if it just looks like the actors with a filter over them filmed with a low framerate?

They’re making ANOTHER live-action remake.

HBO could resurrect it to compete with Netflix’s Love Death & Robots.

This show was shit. It was more unoriginal animesque garbage.

It was more Moebius than anime.

Attached: 4A72C123-1720-46F4-9CF0-F6F5DC9B11EC.jpg (535x369, 61K)

Really? For fuck's sake, people don't know when to stop. Do we know anything about cast, director, etc yet?

>unoriginal
There are plenty of complaints you can make about Aeon Flux but that is not one of them.

The plot to Undone calls for a lot of trippy surreal-ness. If they had only shot it in live action and then added CG effects it would actually look a lot shittier, so it’s better for them to have rotoscoped characters around the animation than live action with animated effects.

Jodorowsky and Lynch convincingly pulled off live action surrealism decades before CG was a commonly used tool and Linklater managed to make surreal rotoscoping films that didn't look like garbage so I am just going to go ahead and say it just looks like shit on its own merits.

we know some of the crew involved, but there aren't many details. there's about as much info about it as about the daria reboot.

isn't the creator (wang?) a teacher at animation school now??
seeing as Netflix likes to toss money at stuff that a handful of Gen Xers remember im surprised they hire him to make a new cartoon

Are you ready for the action now, danger boy?

So, she totally fucked that kid in the jungle episode, right?