Dark Crystal AoR

Just finished the Netflix show. There will be a season 2, right?

Attached: deet.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3f4THKvsEbg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Expect news about Season 2 next week possibly. Since it usually takes Netflix about a month to renew stuff like this.

Attached: gurjin.jpg (480x480, 63K)

I doubt it. I really hope the rumors aren't true

Is this really that good? I like Jim Henson puppets but I have no nostalgia for the movie and I've never seen it.

Wait, what rumors?

the reception seems overall good from the people who were actually willing to watch 10 hours of muppet politics. They dont release viewership stats, but there are shows I've never heard of that get multiple seasons so outlook=good

It’s definitely good. One of the rare occasions where most of Yea Forums and Yea Forums likes something.

Attached: 13650858-116F-46C2-A5E0-070665174CD1.jpg (1400x934, 110K)

Movie kinda sucks, series is superior in every way

It's really, really good. Yes.
I can't imagine people not being able to appreciate the puppets and miniatures, even if they don't like anything else.

Its kino
youtube.com/watch?v=3f4THKvsEbg

You honestly forget you're looking at a bunch of Muppets go through emotional turmoil
tfw Rian has to watch his girlfriend get skek'd twice and his dad get eaten by a pit of worms
tfw Seladon tries to plead for mercy from the skeksis and they laugh at her and shred her clothes
How did they do it bros?

Movie's a solid visual piece if you're interested in puppetry and practical effects but as a story it's a collection of smaller acts that form a plot, just not a strong one. Series solves the latter and also improved on the former without any requirement of Nostalgia; I saw both for the first time over the last few days and loved it.

The series is surprisingly great, easily one of the best shows this year.
The movie is visually and thematically amazing, but he writing is poor.

>tfw no Deet to come home to

The series has been so well received and it deserves all that praise. It definitely deserves another season.

Attached: 1522832043995.png (642x539, 26K)

Gotta love the little sigh of pleasure he does at the end - he knows he nailed that!
Unfortunately Rian was too retarded to grasp any of it for more than 20 minutes.

If God is kind.

>Movie kinda sucks
Shut your whore mouth, the movie is amazing.

Pegg fucking nailed the Chamberlain.

Why could gremlins in 1990 have extremely expressive and animated faces that could do many expressions, while in 2019 we have Gelflings that can only do "open mouth" and "closed mouth" with CGI blinking?

Attached: Hmmmmmm.png (1000x995, 783K)

Lost arts.

The sheer number of puppets that had to be made and used for this first series alone dwarfs the number made for just about any other show I can think of, just be grateful their mouths work at all.

Is money and time not a commodity in the Land of Straw?

In another world, another time, which skeksis do you think could have reform themselves like SkekGra? I think Scroll keeper comes close just from that hugging scene with Brea and also that sad comic ;-;

Attached: skeksis.jpg (1280x1181, 354K)

Scientist, probably. Scrollkeeper. Ornamentalist and Goumand too, they don't do much real evil, they're just dumb.

For the doofus of the group, skekAyuk seemed somewhat on the ball when it came to recognizing what they were doing to the Crystal.

What's an ablution?

I bet he's on the ball about anything involving consumption.

Also repost from Yea Forums because it's great.

Attached: Jason Isaacs knows.jpg (1321x172, 148K)

skekTek at least expressed remorse for what he'd become.

If there isn't then there will be a lot of big sweaty man that will be sad.

Do you want to make us sad Netflix? Why do you hurt us?

Eyebrow ridges, that is the exact answer you ask.

Attached: 3-dinosaur.jpg (655x872, 196K)

He just wanted to do research. Now he has become a cog in a monstrous system that destroys lives and breaks minds, and any goodness in him is dead. So many regrets.

T. PhD student.

>why are the functions of six puppets used in a movie where they get less than an hour of screentime total different than the functions of one hundred puppets that are onscreen continuously for a series of ten episodes all about an hour each?

Gee, it’s a real mystery.

Gurjin

How will he outchad Skekmal in season 2?

Attached: SkekUng_the_Garthim-Master.jpg (1200x1609, 424K)

Ich hoffe es gibt bald eine2 Staffel.

story concludes in the switch exclusive game

Supposedly he's the physically strongest skeksis after the Emperor, but considering Emps has been rotting himself with the darkening I'd say that puts skekUng on top.

The Movie is on Netflix right now

Attached: No.gif (444x400, 3.6M)

>Try to be like your senpais
>Get mocked and humiliated by said senpais
I almost feel bad for her.
A l m o s t

SkekOk disdainfully brushes off his robes where she touched him after the hug.

Based Uncle Ted Trips of Truth

Emperor and Skekvar expressed the Great Division as being a bad thing themselves. They're not evil for the sake of being evil, they're evil because they're obsessed with self-preservation.

okay this is pretty good

>just Gurjin?

Does it? I heard it just runs parallel to the show, explaining the behind-the-scenes politics we don't see.

Ah fuck, now I want to play it...

One thing I REALLY like about this show is the return to "80s PG". You used to get away with a lotta shit under a PG rating but it's basically useless now, like an upgraded G. Everyone was so busy on the "MAKE EVERYTHING HARD R" train when streaming took off that I guess no one really thought that they could take advantage of having family-oriented programming have some genuine edge to it again. I hope future shows/films that release on streaming utilize that opportunity more often.
Also, this page from Creation Myths makes a decent phone wallpaper.

Attached: Myths page.jpg (1041x1600, 189K)

the facial structure is just inherently different between the two puppet types.

Might be even closer to a PG-13 than the original movie

Attached: 1568507222521.jpg (2560x1440, 292K)

It's great.
Just remember that Deet is best girl, and anyone who says otherwise is just Skekksis apologizer.

Attached: crystalbad.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Gelfling faces are too smooth and eyes too large to do any extreme expressions beyond looking like a confused puppy, without the material wrinkling and looking odd.

Attached: Gurjin_the_hugger.png (1914x2402, 3.33M)

>T. PhD student.
What's your major?

u rite

Attached: 1568459821714.png (1449x883, 1M)

Egyptology.

I love these little bugs.

Attached: RIP lil bug bro.jpg (814x482, 129K)